Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Aloha butterflies & welcome to all the newbies

Im doing alright today.. I had an OP weekend, didn't go crazy on sweets.. Ive noticed that a week before my TOM I'm wanting to snack & snack.. Sooo I messed up a little, but I was still under cals.

This week is gonna be good though, I feel so motivated. Ive already lost 2lbs from what I gained back from being off work for a month & a half.. so Im feeling pretty motivated...

Im at work right now though so thats why Im all over the place, I will update with personals later.. have a lovely lunch & rest of the days, ladies..

P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
LemonZest - The water is great. The strawberry seeds drop (well most of them) drop to the bottom of the Jug. I have very few if any seeds in my water and I usually drink at least 32 oz at a time. I stopped having smoothies so much because the seeds bothered me so badly. I actually discovered the water by accident. But I'm loving it.
Oh, that makes sense! I was comparing my experience to smoothies because I love making those sometimes (with milk though instead of juice and I've been told that's really weird). I'll give it a whirl some time this week.

Quote:
Im doing alright today.. I had an OP weekend, didn't go crazy on sweets.. Ive noticed that a week before my TOM I'm wanting to snack & snack.. Sooo I messed up a little, but I was still under cals.
Congrats! It's really difficult to stay OP, especially on the weekends, that's usually when I have my slip ups.

I know I reported my weight from Friday already, but I usually do official weigh-ins on Mondays. I'm down 1.8 pounds from Friday! I'm so excited, I might actually get close to my July end goal weight.
LemonZest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #78  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I am so far behind the 8 ball as far as keeping up with personals on this thread, so my bad and a big hello to everyone! I hope you are all doing great. I have a feeling that this is going to be a great week for all of us! It really helps having places to check into knowing that others are there to help support you and everyone else!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #79  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

jdonato- Good to see you back!
jiggle- yeh, it is a little weird having chili in hot weather. I'm not used to eating stuff like that anymore, so I was anxious to try it. Your doing great, I'm so proud of you!!

Ok, Saturday's calories were real bad, yesterday i went over a bit & today was 2396, not good. Noticing a pattern that happens every week, hubby's junk food is here Sat. thru Monday, by Tues. it's usually gone or I'm craving to eat my healthy food only. So 2 days a week I eat alot of junk in between healthy meals, that's stupid! But I think I need that break sometimes. My weight is now at my red line, I'm craving healthy stuff now, so that's good. It's either my mind panicking about my weight or physically it's my body saying it wants to weigh less. This has been happening for the past year, hoping it's my body's way of trying to stabilize my weight, maybe trying to even itself out without these huge weight fluctuations all the time.
This is only the 4th day since I started adding more variety & adding my taboo foods back to my diet, by next weekend I should be satisfied enough with what I'm eating, that i won't feel the need to indulge. At least I hope that's the way it goes!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #80  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning.
I had an okay day yesterday. I stayed in my calorie range but all the food I ate wasn't healthy. I chalked it up to the workout!!! LOL. Today is another day to be healthy.

Fruitlady - I know how you feel but you will find your zone. Then you will find it easier. Just keep going. What I like about it is you are learning yourself and patterns.
Emme - Good to see you!!! I think you are right we will all have good results at the end of the week.
LemonZest - Good Loss!! The one thing I forgot to mention about the water and the seeds being at the bottom is when you get low you have to do another batch or you will get a glass or cup full of seeds. I usually make a fresh batch every couple of days.
P H A T - Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work.
Bigcheifhoho - Welcome to the party. Get a hat and join in.
Fit - Welcome back. Keep the adding the miles you will get there.
tdiprincess - If you enjoyed yourself it all good. Now hop back on and get it done.
JD - Welcome back. You will get out of the 130s and will look good when you get there.
Gettinfit - Sounds like you have found your zone! Looking forward to hearing your progress.

Today's Nugget: Enjoy the journey to better health. No matter how frustrating it gets or how bad the day is, still enjoy it. There is someone coming along after you that needs to know there are gonna be days like that. Make today and every day a great day.

jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #81  

Height: 5' 8"

What a great perspective Jiggle. When I am jogging and having an off day, I just keep going knowing that not every jog is like that. I need to think of days that are more difficult in the same way.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
Today's Nugget: Enjoy the journey to better health. No matter how frustrating it gets or how bad the day is, still enjoy it. There is someone coming along after you that needs to know there are gonna be days like that. Make today and every day a great day.
I like that. I know from long experience that if I don't make it a big goal to enjoy the process I'll never stick with it. No one wants to deal with being miserable for months or years until goal weight (and no one should have to, either).

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me. I stayed in the right calorie range, even though the food was not particularly healthy, and I went to the track to exercise. Unfortunately when I got there I found out my ipod was dead, so I couldn't do the c25k I'd planned on (I use the podcast to keep me on time), but I walked around the track anyway. I'm going to go to the track tonight and make sure I get that c25k day in.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #83  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Buenos tardes ladies!

I'm doing pretty well so far today. I opted not to exercise this morning and am waiting to run this afternoon/evening. Yesterday I did fairly well, but I know I went over calories. I bought some dried pineapple as a snack, at 140 calories per 8 pieces- but the amount of sugar in them is ridiculous! I swear, they taste more like straight up sugar than pineapple. I also had some popcorn last night, too. Today I'm being more strict on my cals. TOM is almost over, phew!

On days I have a staff meeting (Tuesdays) I always feel slightly out of whack because it takes up 2 hours in the middle of my day off. So, the whole day all I'm thinking about is the staff meeting up until it happens, then when it's over I have to catch up and get all my planned activities done. I wish it were first thing in the morning so I could get it over with!!

BigChief- Welcome! If it were me, I'd probably be so frustrated that I'd end up not doing it, haha. Good job picking up and going through anyways!

Jiggle- Ah well! As long as it's under calories, is what I say! I always catch myself getting angry/guilty about making bad decisions so I have to remind myself that I AM going to be eating these foods the rest of my life, so I need to make room for them!

Fruit- Maybe you can compromise with your husband about his junk food? Or try to help him see the benefits in eating healthier? Would be a difficult subject to approach, I imagine, but maybe if you guys worked together you wouldn't beat yourself up so much! I think you've done so well and you always pick yourself right back up.

Lemon- Great whoosh!

Phat- "They" say we burn an extra 300 calories during PMS/TOM due to extra cellular activity, so hey, I figure the extra snacking can't be too bad! Congrats on the 2 pounds!!

TDI- Way to pick yourself back up!

Jdon and Fit- Great to see both of you at the new challenge!
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #84  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

jiggle-thanks, yes I have learned so much since I've started this journey, I'm sure there's even more I will discover!
Corinne- thanks, I've tried to talk to hubby about his junk food. He Knows how hard it is for me when it's around. It gets better for a while, then he's right back to it. I've given up on him!

Took two walks in this 100deg. weather, 35min. each. Ate more ice cream, so i felt like i had to do the second walk. Calories were 2093, not good, but better than yesterday. That spicy chili helps, i don't want anything sweet after I eat that!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #85  
No more +sizes

Good Morning!!

Yesterday was a really good day. I stayed well below my calories and I feel pretty good. I'm enjoying the fruit of my labor. I rotated my winter and summer clothes and I can fit the ones that were too small when I packed them up. I woke up very early this morning and tried on almost all of them. There are some that are still too small in the arms (my biggest issue) but it was good to get in the other stuff. I was looking at my sides and it was really cool to see that the back/side rolls are disappearing!!

Today's Nugget
: Healthy living is not a debate it's a decision. So make as many decisions for your health today that will yield your desired results!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #86  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Hi Ladies,

Jiggle Congratulations great NSV with the summer clothes I love your Nugget on yesterday: Enjoy the journey to better health. No matter how frustrating it gets or how bad the day is, still enjoy it. There is someone coming along after you that needs to know there are gonna be days like that. Make today and every day a great day. If you don't mind and 3FC allows it I'd like to add it to my signature.

I haven't checked in for a while but my goal for this challenge (as was the 4th of July Challenge) is to get out of the 170's. I hope I am not jinxing myself but today I weighed in at 172.2. This is the lowest I have been in forever it seems. On 10/29/10 I weighed 170.2 and on 11/28/10 I weighed 171.0 so I am very excited. Hope I can push my way out of the 170's again and stay out

I hope everyone has a great OP day.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Jigglefree: i like today's nugget and yesterday's as well!! Yesterday's especially, we really need to enjoy our time doing this!

Corrinne: Thank you for the support!! You are doing well keeping yourself in check!!

I was down and out yesterday. But after this past weekend I've been OP. I didn't exercise yesterday, but I think that's okay. Today I will later on.
I also had my weigh in, I'm 163!! WOO HOO!! -happy dancin' I am!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies I needed it.

So after the bf and I went on our vacation last week, I've gained 6lbs. sure I'm on TOM but seriously, I've been eating out of control. I didn't count my calories at all last week, and I did alot of walking which helped, but now it's hard to get back on track this week, because i'm not active anymore. I have no energy to work out and for eating...I'm with Fruitlady! The bf and I got fudge from our trip and 2lbs of candy. I was only eating red meat once a week but since our vacation, i've been eating so much fat and red meat every day, and my sugar intake (unhealthy sugar) is off the charts!

I weighed in today at 141.8 So I'm trying to get back on track with my eating...before it was easy staying at 1200 calories, now I have no idea how I did that, and I was staying within my fat grams, and that's hard too.

I have no motivation to work out, when I'm at home I'm like yes lets go to the gym, but it's too late at night, and on my way home from work I just think...too hot, too tired, just want to be home. I want to be able to get up early in the morning and go, and I plan for that the night before but when the alarm goes off...snoooze button!

I've been feeling so lathargic lately and fat! I was feeling skinny for a while even when I was at 135...I felt like I was at 120. Anyone know of a good cleanse or a way to get my body back on track of not wanting crappy food?

sorry to complain, just having one of those weeks.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #89  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

BigChiefHoho ~ Good for you for still getting a workout in even though you weren't able to do the one you planned on doing!

Corinne ~ Those meetings in the middle of your day off do not sound like fun!! Too bad you can't just catch up with everyone the next day.

fruitlady ~ Hope you are doing well today!

jiggle ~ Congrats on being able to fit into last year's tight clothes! Woo-hoo!

love2b150 ~ Awesome job weighing in at 172!!

princess ~ And an awesome job to you weighing in at 163!!

jdonato ~ It's ok to complain! I do it often. Just start today as a new day and get that renewed spirit running through you! You can do this...pick yourself up and start fresh!!

Hello to anyone I may have missed. I'm feeling "off" today...nauseous, pukey, gross. It just hit me about an hour ago. Hope everyone is doing better than I am, lol!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #90  
No more +sizes

I'm glad you all are enjoying the daily nuggets. I was thinking that if you join the challenge it would be good to have something that encourages at least one person, hopefully more than one person is encouraged to continue but if it's only one person I'm satisfied.

Love2b150 - Of course you can use the nugget. It lets me know it helped you.
JD - If you don't mind my saying, I think you are at a "starting over" point and it's hard. When you do really well and then you get off track you have to fight much harder to get back to where you were. So maybe start with baby steps this week and things will get better. Like what one thing can you do today to get back on track? Yes getting back down to 1200 is not going to be easy but you can may decrease your intake by 50 calories today. Stay at 50 less for two days and after you get two days under your belt take out another 50 calories. You can also increase your water intake while you are decreasing your calories. Just throwing some things out there to get you thinking.
tdiprincess - I'm doing my happy dance with you!!!
Emme - Hope you feel better soon. It's no fun being sick!!!