Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey ladies, just checking in. Calories are better for me, not eating so few anymore, have worked out I probably need to be getting between 650-800 during the day before dinner so as to not feel too hungry at any point. And then cutting down on after dinner snacks - I'm bad with those!

Less than 2 weeks til Christmas, I'm a bit worried about the upcoming stuff...a Christmas party at the bar I hang out at tomorrow night, a barbecue at a friend's on Friday (it's summer here), a meal at a Thai restaurant with family friends on Sunday... next week has my cousin/best friend's birthday party on Wednesday night, followed by a Yum Cha (dim sim etc) meal on Thursday...and then a possible meal out on Christmas eve..and then Christmas. I am freaked out to say the least.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hey All,

I've been "M.I.A." myself! The worst of the last 2 weeks: Not exercising and drinking enough H20. As usual, the holiday season can be challenging - but not impossible - for staying on plan.

Off to read the thread. Just want to send everyone an encouraging hug.

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #168  
No more +sizes

Good morning everyone. Yesterday went and ended very well. I worked out at lunch as well as my 30ds and boy o boy am I SORE!!!!

I overslept this morning so I didn't get my shredding done. I was up all night with my daughter because she was running a fever. So she and daddy are on their way to doctor. I will be shredding when I get off and working out during my lunch hour. I'm not ready with my calorie intake for the day and that's probably the worst part of it.

So lets make it a great on plan day. I'm going to find a way to get my calorie intake on point so I don't blow it on junk food.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #169  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys...

This is definitely a challenging time of year to be OP! After getting a little too sloppy with my food intake this past weekend, I got back to strict counting yesterday and did my 50 minutes of exercise after not really exercising since Thursday (eek!).

I've been trying to stick to a 1400-1600 range, but I had 1640 yesterday. It just seems hard to keep it under 1600 some days. I know it's only 40 extra calories, but when I'm trying to shoot for an "average" of 1500 and I have more days on the top end of my range than the bottom, these "over" days are not helping any. I guess I either need to make a decision to cut back, or keep doing what I'm doing and accept a slower loss.

I certainly don't want to throw in the towel just because it's the holidays...but I'm starting to wonder if I should just be happy to maintain until New Years and re-tweak some things then. I would really love to end 2010 with 80 lbs lost though!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Good afternoon everyone! Well just checking in I did loose a lb. last week which was great since I didnt really keep records on calories and I didnt workout either. So i'm very happy about that. Since things was going slow on the challenge I'm changing my challenge to loose 5 lbs instead of 10 lbs. I did 60 minutes of water arobics and 60 minutes of water jogging. Not doing circuit training because I fell last night and sprung my right wrist and i'm pretty sore from the fall. Other than that i'm thankfull I didnt break any bones. Well got to get busy with some chores so everyone have a good evening and I may drop in later.
:
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #171  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Had 1620 cal today, not too great again. My weight stayed the same, I would have gained again if I wasn't riding the bike twice a day & sweating my butt off. I ate 5 cookies after breakfast, now there gone. yippie! But there's other junk food here for hubby & daughter, it's so hard not to have some. I've been OP for the rest of the day even though it was so hard. I think the only thing that is stopping me from pigging out on the junk is that I keep reminding myself how tight my pants are getting, I don't want to get sick from eating too much & I don't want all the relatives to notice that I am failing at keeping the weight off. I don't want them to think I'm getting fat again for the third time. If I keep that in my mind, I think I will survive this holiday.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #172  
Calorie Countin' Fool

Good morning-

Did a little better on my calories yesterday, ended the day at 1523...so pretty much in the middle of my 1400-1600 range. Did 20 minutes elleptical, 10 minutes weights and 20 minutes yoga last night. Going to stay OP the rest of the week, but I'm really not expecting much on the scale on Friday. I don't know why, but it just "feels" like my body is not letting go of fat right now. Just not feeling "thinner", if that makes sense?

One thing that is kind of weird is I haven't been breaking much of a sweat lately when I do my workouts. Maybe it's just because I'm always cold lately...or maybe I'm getting into better shape now and need to push harder...hard to tell, but there's definitely something going on with that.

Well, we're halfway through another work week. Keep at it ladies!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #173  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I have 10 days to lose 2lbs. I was almost there until I gained 0.6lbs. I need to watch what I eat.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #174  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

northern- are you drinking plenty of fluids? Maybe your not sweating cause your a bit dehydrated. Just a thought, take care.

Had 1210 cal. & did really good today. Lost 2.5 lbs of water so far. I'm staying away from all the junk food around here. If I keep it out of my sight, I won't want it, at least for today anyway. I think I got a little more motivated when I saw the scale went down this morning. I've been through the holidays before, with all the food around( which I didn't touch), why am I having such a hard time this year? I'm thinking I deprived myself too much, every holiday last year, I never ate off plan, never cheated . But, sometimes I think just telling myself that I can have one bite of something is a mistake. One bite tempts me to eat more & more. No temptation, then no problem!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #175  
Calorie Countin' Fool

Fruitlady: that could be it. With it being so cold around here lately, it's really hard to drink cold water when you're already freezing (my office is always cold at work.). I guess I should try to learn to tolerate room-temperature water, but it tastes better cold! But yeah...probably not drinking as much h2o as I should be.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey all!

Just quickly stopping by. Have had a few off track treats and also haven't gotten in my exercise as much as I'd like (only 2 days out of the 4 that have happened this week so far) but it seems to be ok...
Reached a new low weight this morning, 68.3kg / 150.5 pounds!! Yay.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey everyone!
Sorry for being MIA, life got super busy recently.

Probably won't make my Christmas goal, but had a new low today: 123.8 I'm happy with this!

Hope you're all doing well!
-FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #178  
No more +sizes

Hey everyone. I'm still in the game. I have been very busy at work with the staff holiday reception and my computer at home has the coodies. I've been doing well eating on plan and 30DS so hopefully this weekend my measurements say something good to me.

By the way. I was looking at some bare naked pictures I took in September and the ones I took last month to see if I could see a difference and I can. I was starting to feel like I wasn't making any progress so I looked at something that would tell me the real story. I can see some DEFINITE CHANGES for the better!!! My body is shrinking even though it doesn't seem like it. I hate looking in the mirror and not being able to see any changes...my mind is playing tricks on me.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Just stop by to see how everyone was doing. As for me i'm in much pain, so no excercise again this week do to a fall. I tryed to do the spits monday night getting off the pot. Can you believe that. Then while in the pool on tuesday doing wall excercises I hit the wall with both legs which might have be causing the pain in my hip. Well off back to bed and everyone have a good day.
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #180  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Had 1297 cal. & lost 2.5 lbs again. I really wanted chocolate, I kept thinking of this container of chocolate icing I had in the pantry, I wanted to dig into it so bad. Every time I got it out, i looked at the nutrition facts & saw how bad it was & put it away. I then put it in the trunk of my husbands car so he would go to work with it in his trunk. Now it's not here & I can't touch it! yay!! I know what i am doing with the junk food every day, why didn't I think of this before?