3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Easter Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/164525-cc-easter-challenge.html)

chubbyphotographer 02-25-2009 02:40 PM

I went for a walk yesterday walked about 2 miles in 30 miles.It felt really good.I am back to work now after a week vacation.I should start losing again now.My bad days are my days off.
Everyone have a great day:carrot:

FB 02-25-2009 03:27 PM

JJJ - Oh wow, I am so glad for you! That's going to be terribly exciting. I'm sure you'll shine brilliantly in the beginner's (and beyond) classes. That's so cool - to have something new and inspiring to do. You've been working your tail off and I'm glad to see you strut your stuff at the CF gym! Wow! And I don't often read of your treating yourself, so I'm always glad when friends do something special for themselves. Yay, yay and yay! You've made my day!

I've also been thinking of getting into something new and professionally instructed, to stay invigorated and inspired. I love weights dearly, but it's been so long since I've tried anything else. Unfortunately, I think it will have to wait until summer, as my son's tuition is pretty spendy. I was thinking of us both doing martial arts or something, my son and I. Maybe some yoga for flexibility. I'm not very bendy.

Yeah, the people who are bugging me are obviously experienced lifters. The people who are obviously newer to it tend to wait until I'm done - and usually just have a simple question about abs or cardio.

I don't mind giving back, but I never took in the first place! I PAID dearly for my training advice. Hahahaha. Oh well, they can't know that and I'm not interested in charging for it.

At my current gym, the story leaked because of my training partner, my trainer's twin sis. She's been blasting her mouth left and right. For a little quiet workout last night I went back to the neighborhood gym (owned by my trainer, I can go free anytime) and my trainer was just finishing up telling my story to a group of guys. How ironic. She's very proud of me and likes to brag - but of course I couldn't help but see the twisted humor in my timing.

I'm proud of myself, but getting a little tired of being known solely for my weight loss. I'm a lot more than that, I always was.

HEY NICKI! Congrats!!!! :)

jamsk8r 02-25-2009 05:20 PM

Yeah, FB, I was like...uhn...crossfit or a pedicure? :chin: lol! It is good to have friends who understand these kinds of priorities!

On the March points challenge, I'm actually still doing it, because I'm using it to track my workouts...I like printing it out at the end of the month, and I can see all my workouts, eating, everything for the month on one page, cool! The diff with March for me is, I'm going back to taking some planned rest days from exercise. The daily workouts really are too much for me. Probably because I do not do "moderation" very well, plus most of my workouts are legs heavy, with the running, skating, crossfit and lifting, so what do I do for a recovery workout? Yeah, I run or walk. :frypan: So, I think I'm safer with a rest day when I run out of bodyparts to torture!

The martial arts thing sounds cool. Then if somebody interrupts you on your bench press, you just kick'em in the head, without losing your focus...good idea! I'm gonna make myself take some swimming lessons, maybe this summer, so I can learn to be a super cool lap swimmer. Lap swimming with the "frog paddle" is apparently not what the cool kids are doing.

I know what you mean now about the gym. I thought peeps were just asking about your superior lifting and buff bodybuilder routine...didn't know they were all about the weight loss. How annoying! I'm not a rockstar at the gym like you, but just with my friends that met me when I was obese, it's ALL they want to talk about now, all weight loss, all the time. I get tired of it being the only thing they want to talk about with me. Luckily, my friends that I run dogs with are not that way...they were like, "wow!" and then moved on, now they treat me like normal, but then, they always did, cuz they're cool like that!

Chubs, WTG with your walking! Your walking pace is my jogging pace...just call me Flash! lol!

Hattie22 02-25-2009 05:53 PM

Hi everybody:wave:

I did up my cals so we will see what happens. I was down 1 lb today but that doesn't mean much because I have been up and down so much. I upped my cals to 1800. Jam: you were right according to all the calculations I looked up. We will see what happens. I am glad that this plateau has not defeated me. I am as determined as ever. Maybe even more so. I am looking at it as part of my journey. When we are on a journey, the path always has ups and downs. If it was always up...we wouldn't learn anything. I am getting to know my body more than I have ever before. Too bad it took me 48 years to do it though.

Enough about me!!!

Nicki :congrat::cheer2::cheer3:Here is a :gift: for you for making it to ONEDERLAND!!! It is a magical flower :flow1: that will never allow the scale to move up to those 2s again! I am sooo happy for you! I hope to be there one day!

FB: You are more than the weightloss!!! You are a healthy, beautiful, strong, intelligent woman!!! You go girl!!

nicki rose98 02-25-2009 07:18 PM

hattie - i love my present!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

kalikat003 02-25-2009 10:12 PM

Congrats on moving into onederland!!! =]

mygritsconfessions 02-25-2009 11:14 PM

Hi Everyone!

Hattie - Your right, ups and downs. I have been doing that alot lately. I keep telling myself when I'm up, just go through it because I will go down, but if I get lazy or eat, then its up and up and up!!

FB - Well, I am impressed with all of your accomplishments, good for you! You have really persevered in many areas in addition to weight loss. That is just totally and completely AWESOME!

jamsk8r - How cool, kick'em in the head if they interrupt your concentration - I like it! I too have wanted to get into lap swimming and am seriously considering it here in the Spring. Martial arts I attempted, but I guess my impatient side kicked in and I quit. I moved too slowly for me. I have always been fascinated by it and would love to have that ability, but I guess I put that energy elsewhere.

I got my miles in today and am sitting here hungry, so I guess I'll go to bed. It's safer that way!

FB 02-26-2009 12:25 AM

Thanks for the encouragement Sandy and Hattie!

Update on the quest to look like an action figure/super hero girl: the husband took a crappo cell phone photo of me the other morning, caught me unawares. I was all bed head, slack jaw dead tired and in my PJ shirt. I thought my arms looked good though! I swear, I will get those T2 arms. I swear! Even if no one but me knows it - because I don't rock sleeveless skull shirts unless I'm sleeping. :) No rock and roll mom here, I wear sleeves normally, to cover my tattoos.

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/ste...09/02/meme.jpg

I look like a toughie, but am soooo not. Normally I'd have my fur trimmed satin pajamas on with a bonbon in hand.

sweetshauna 02-26-2009 12:48 AM

Today was a POP day. YAY!:dancer:

sweetshauna 02-26-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FB (Post 2629541)
Thanks for the encouragement Sandy and Hattie!

Update on the quest to look like an action figure/super hero girl: the husband took a crappo cell phone photo of me the other morning, caught me unawares. I was all bed head, slack jaw dead tired and in my PJ shirt. I thought my arms looked good though! I swear, I will get those T2 arms. I swear! Even if no one but me knows it - because I don't rock sleeveless skull shirts unless I'm sleeping. :) No rock and roll mom here, I wear sleeves normally, to cover my tattoos.

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/ste...09/02/meme.jpg

I look like a toughie, but am soooo not. Normally I'd have my fur trimmed satin pajamas on with a bonbon in hand.

LOL FB. I like the pic though. You look VERY cool ;)

kalikat003 02-26-2009 08:16 AM

Your arms are getting there FB.. you will be there in no time! heh!

So yesterday I went to the gym for about an hour and I went for a 30 min walk at lunch.. I weighed 170.4lbs when I went on the scale yesterday.. Today.. I was at 169!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. I haven't been in the 160s in like 6 months!! Wewt! I know this isn't my official weigh in, so I am not going to record it.. but boo ya! I hope I can stay in the 160s when I weigh myself again on the weekend hehe

AngelMae 02-26-2009 10:17 AM

Nicki- :carrot: :broc: :cb: :congrat: on making it to ONEderland!! WOOOOOOOOTTT!!!! :woohoo:

FB- Those are some smokin' arms already, I would kill to have my arms look that good!! ;)

Shauna- Congrats for being POP!!! :cheer3:

Chubby-Keep up the walking!! :D

Well last night I tried something new at the gym, I went to a Zumba class. OMG I had a blast, I didnt even feel like I was working out but the amount of sweat on my shirt proved that I worked pretty hard. :cb: I am thinking that I am going to try to get to the class at least once a week. But its back to lifting and cardio today.

Does anyone that lifts do HIIT on the same day or is that a no-no?? I only can make it to the gym 3-4 days and I want to start doing some HIIT but I didnt know if I could do it on the same days that I lift?? :) TIA!!

Have a great Thursday ladies!! :dancer:

nicki rose98 02-26-2009 10:28 AM

angelI have been wanting to take Zumba but have been nervous. Nervous that i would look like an idiot. LOL. So it was fun. Mb i'll try.

No change in weight today but i'd rather that than going up. I was OP all day yesterday and plan to do the same today. Today is also cardio day. Gonna hit the gym and the elliptical. I'm gonna go for 45 min today instead of 30. I think I may also do some weights today and today is also my first day tanning with my new tanning package!!! It's a good day all around.

jamsk8r 02-26-2009 01:09 PM

Angel, you can do it, I'd just recommend doing your lifting first. That way you're strong for your lifting, then you can spend all your energy on the cardio and it won't matter. If I do them together, I find that works best for me. Worst case, you don't get all your intervals in with cardio...it's a bit more daring to lift when you're already tired!

FB, dh has a good eye, even if you won't let him use the good cameras. ;) Your arms are looking good! You should take a pic at the gym, while you're all pumped and beefy. That's what all the terminator girls do. I still have too much fat to be impressed by my arms, but I can tell the muscles are getting there. You're so conservative with the sleeves and the silk...like a little princess!

Nicki, have fun with the tanning package!

KKat, congrats on hitting the 160s! Woohoo! :carrot:

Shauna, glad you kept it POP! WTG!

Grits and anybody I missed, :wave:!

I went skating last night, 2 hrs of straight dance practice. None of the usual suspects showed up at the rink, but it was actually good. I didn't have to socialize, so I just danced the whole time, fiddled around with some new moves...it was a great workout! Had planned to stay for the later session, but that doesn't start till next week. bummer! but, at least I got 2 hrs in.

Today is going to be heavy chest/back day for lifting. I may head up to the Y for this one, since it's inclines/pull-ups day, and I have more options at the gym for that. I'm experimenting with doing upper body on my first lifting day, then lower body and arms the next day. This will probably get all tweaked when I start the crossfit class, but if it doesn't kill me, I'll keep on with the regular lifting, because I like it, especially lifting heavy. :lifter: I'm not sure how doing legs on Fridays will affect my ability to skate, but I'm going to give it a try. If I'm all jelly legs at skating Friday night, then I'll have to switch legs to another day, since the skate schedule isn't flexible.

I'm going to get off the puter now and do something useful. Got a few bazillion loads of dog blankets left to wash before I'm caught up, and should pack up the old gym bag if I'm going there to workout.

AngelMae 02-26-2009 01:25 PM

Nicki- I was nervous too, but it was sooo much fun that 5 mins into it I didnt care if I looked like a fool!! Try it I bet that you will love it!! :)

Jams-Thanks for the info!! I am going to try that next week!! :)