3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Easter Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/164525-cc-easter-challenge.html)

moralitylikeart 03-09-2009 08:36 PM

hit a slump for a week and a half when I was really sick, my calories were in check for the first week but I let it go for the last 3-4 days and easily went over by 200-300 calories a day :[
I also couldn't go to the gym

BUT
I've been tracking again for two days now! and will be at the gym tonight for an hour. I will get back on track and meet my goal, even if I have to push a little harder.

BarbPA 03-09-2009 10:44 PM

Just enough time to pop in and say HI :wave: tonight.

Mon/Tues are always crazy busy for me...I'll be back soon.

:high:

sweetshauna 03-10-2009 01:55 AM

I'm spending a long weekend with my fam, so as expected the diet is on hold. I'm still counting (it somewhat keeps me honest) and I'm trying my best to limit my carbs, but I'm not even going to beat myself over the head for eating off plan- after all, I'm at home... its downtime!:shrug:

I'm back at my place tomorrow though, so I plan to pick things up with both food and exercise when I get back.
:dust:

~shauna~

kalikat003 03-10-2009 08:54 AM

I love badminton too, I used to play all the time but I hadnt had the chance so that is why I took the opportunity to do it!

I went to a spin class this morning.. pretty sure it will be the death of me, but I am going to try to make it out at least once a week.. ohh tough!

I have to do a physical assessment on Saturday, it will probably be pretty laughable but I cant wait for 3 months from now to see what my improvements will be! =]

Oh and tetherball. I used to have one in my yard, it was awesome

retiredone 03-10-2009 10:42 AM

Hi everyone. I had a lousy week last week and gained 2.5 pounds in one week! I'm not changing my ticker until I get down past where I was. There's too much going on right now with FIL almost dead and DIL almost ready to deliver Baby Boo. I've got things under control again this week and I'm hoping to see those extra pounds gone this week. :wave:

jamsk8r 03-10-2009 11:45 AM

Morning everyone! :wave:

Just wanted to pop and say "good morning" before heading out for my crossfit class. My weight has been dropping like a bomb on this new diet. Looking back, I've lost 4.8 lbs this week. I'm struggling with keeping the tea drinking in check, so today I'm going to try really, really hard to just stick with 1 cup in the a.m., then water for the rest of the day. If I can't take it in moderation, then it may just be the answer to cut it out altogether.

FB, I did a little research on BCAAs yesterday, but didn't have time to really get into it. Kinda sounds like stuff I'm already getting with my protein powder, but I'll have to do more reading to tell for sure.

I'd better get off here. Still have to let dogs out and feed them before I leave.

BarbPA 03-10-2009 12:23 PM

Howdy! :wave: Just a lunch time quickie....

Jam - Wooza....look at you go! Shaking things up really is doing the trick for you! What is it about the tea that you like so much? Is it the sweet, caffiene, etc? I ask cause I'm a tea drinker too. Mostly iced tea. I cut out nearly all of it, but I have one cup at lunch when I'm in the office and if we go out to eat I get iced tea. I drink mostly water but I also like Crystal Light Peach Iced tea. I often have a hot tea or hot green tea in the am. I use Splenda to sweeten.

FB - I love the info you always bring to the table. I'm a wee scared to think of adding creatine or other stuffs right now. I honestly can't face the possibility of water weight right now. I'm too focused on the numbers. I know, I know...not necessarily the best thing to focus on, but I know you get it. When I really break through this 100 pound mark with a good, good cushion I will likely think more about it all.

...back to my brocolli. :broc:

nicki rose98 03-10-2009 03:05 PM

Hey guys. Sorry no personals. Thanks for the motivation!!! I am back on track. In fact yesterday I had a POP day! Today I am shooting for the same. today is my cardio day so I'm gonna try to get into the Zumba class and give that a whirl!!!!! I am down a pound today and I did bite the bullet and change my sig to notate my current weight (bad me!) LOL.

jamsk8r 03-10-2009 07:06 PM

Barb, it's not the caffeine or the sugar, really, though I'd be hard pressed to think of it as the same drink without the sugar in it. I've tried splenda and have not been able to make the switch, just doesn't taste the same to me. I think it's just that it's like my only concession to non-perfect eating. I've given up cokes and pizza and cheesecake, so I'm like a dog with the last bone when it comes to my tea. I like to drink it after a couple hours of hard work, I just like to sit down and I have my tea, and that's how I know I'm taking a break, lol. Physically, I can live without it, but emotionally, I get whiney and just want that "one thing" that says I don't have to be perfect all the freakin' time. Does that make any sense?

Nicki, congrats on getting back on plan! I knew you'd do it! :carrot:

So, crossfit class was good. My NSVs today were: I got my first Crossfit blister, so I feel official now! I did lunges without pain. I nailed the deadlift form today, with no corrections needed! It was a great class and a great workout. :)

nicki rose98 03-10-2009 10:09 PM

jam sounds like you had a great day! good for you!

I skipped the ZUmba class because the time of the class didn't fit into my schedule. So i did 32 min on the elliptical, 30 DS at home AND 30 min ab routine!!!! So kicked some booty in cardio today. I'm happy with myself!

mygritsconfessions 03-10-2009 11:08 PM

Hattie - Congratulations on the 205! Thats awesome!

Jamsk8r - Wow, tether ball! I haven't thought of that in years. I used to live that game everyday in the back yard! LOL I was the queen of tether! LOL My kids to used to play in when we were staying there. It is still in the backyard at my parents after all these years! Worn out though - definitely!

Jamsk8r - Wow your dropping the pounds, what are you doing? I remember you writing the other day about cutting out sugar, caffiene and something else????? Curious minds NEED to know! LOL

FB 03-10-2009 11:44 PM

Good work on the extra calories shaking things up Jams! That always does the trick for me, as long as I'm particular about them. I don't think adding a Pop Tart to my intake would work so well.

When I add in extra fat, whole dairy, lean proteins or peanut butter (just a class of it's own to me) my weight either maintains or drops. It can seriously be an extra 300-500 calories consistently (for a few weeks) and doesn't impact the scale in a bad way. That's cool wit me. I'm working hard on getting my calories up there - I like eating so much good stuff, indulgent like nuts and avocados, totally yummo - for reals. ;)

One of my vices that I haven't given up is diet soda and energy drinks. It's my thing, we all have our things.

Koolio experience at the gym tonite-
My trainer and I had a $100.00 bet that my body fat was lower than hers. I said NO WAY (she's always been my fitness idol), she said YES. We bet, took the test, I owe her $100.00. Wow to the zow! I'm really doing this, wow! :hyper:

Then I did squats in my bare feet, it felt oh so Arnold and totally hot. Benefits of a small gym!

By the way, I got a manicure today. No, for reals - on a total whim. I thought blue nails with skulls and stars would be rocking. :lol: The conservative hubby begs to differ, my son loves them.

sweetshauna 03-11-2009 02:15 AM

Back at my place... ironically I always see my apartment as the best place to stay OP, and for that reason it was a bit of a relieved to be back. But TODAY (today of all days), there was actually a MONSTROUS box of cookies at my apartment entrance door. At first I didn't even notice the box- but then I lingered to chat up the doorman for a few minutes, and he kindly pointed out the box to me (I know the thought he was doing me a favor, so bless his heart).

But ain't that ironic? As I was through the door of my safe space for weight loss (so to speak), there was a gigantic box of cookies (and by gigantic I mean the box was big enough to hold a standard sized microwave).

Anyway, end result; good on calories, BAAD on carbs. Oh well. Whatever. Tomorrow is a new day!

BarbPA 03-11-2009 10:24 AM

I typically only update my ticker on Fridays, but........check it out.
:cool:

AngelMae 03-11-2009 10:54 AM

Barb- :cheer: :broc: :carrot: :cheer: WooooHooo!! Congrats!!!