3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Easter Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/164525-cc-easter-challenge.html)

jamsk8r 02-23-2009 01:49 PM

Okay, that was a novel just for Hattie, so I thought I'd leave it a separate post!

Dandelion, as Grits said, ANY time is great. We are always glad to have new challengers! Good luck with your Easter Challenge goal, and :wel3fc:!

Shauna, the cals weren't bad, really, just high carbs for you and probably high sodium. :swim: All we can do is just keep on keepin' on, and you know I'm only pickin' on you as a form of twisted motivation! :hug: Now, I know you can do this, cuz I know you want it bad. :lifter: We're here with the :kickbutt: if you need it, lol. That's what friends are for!

Hillarie, thanks for checking in! Sounds like you're doing the best you can, and family is always more important than computer time, so you've got that right. I'll send some good scale vibes your way!

Barb, I was thinking yesterday that changing your diet is like quitting any other addiction...quit drinking, quit smoking, and the old crowd of friends (or family) is like, "hey, where'd my binge buddy go?!" Maybe DH is just feeling left out in the cold, if you both used to use food as a form of bonding (maybe it was that for him?). Perhaps you can find some new healthy ways to spend time together, maybe do some other things he likes to do. Sometimes as we get older, get busy with work and the kids, we forget about things we used to enjoy doing that really gave us a sense of satisfaction or just a few hours of fun. Maybe some things you did when you first met and before the kids came along? Just an idea!

China, congrats on the 2.6 lbs! That's a great number for the week! :carrot: Good luck with the bday parties!

Well, that's not everybody, but I've been here too long. Got to get some work done, then I will be back to catch up on the rest of you. In the meantime, keep up the good work, ladies! :wave:

kalikat003 02-23-2009 05:31 PM

So I did pretty bad this weekend. I went and saw two movies (oh the temptation) and I had a board game night with a local meetup.com group I am in! So the weekend was pretty screwed. I didn't gain any weight, but I am still at 173. So I may have to re-evaluate my 160 goal in the couple of weeks. I just don't think it is going to happen heh Maybe 163 or something!

I am back on track for today and have had a healthy day today! Looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow! It is very bitter today, so I didn't get to go for a walk but I made sure I ate extra healthy, so I still feel really good!! =]

Have a great week ladies. I look forward to reading everyones posts!

Hattie22 02-23-2009 05:42 PM

Jamsk8r: I loved the "Novel" ! Thank you so much for all your thoughts and time! I am going to try the dailyplate and the exercise suggestions! I'll keep you updated. Thank you again! BTW: You are awesome!

BarbPA: This is where you get to vent, whine, gritch, celebrate...everything.
Just keep going on your plan and you might be able to influence DH when he realizes that you are continuing on.

Hi to all and Congrats for all the losers!!!

MeganBeth 02-23-2009 08:07 PM

I haven't been doing very well staying O.P. the last few days. Went shopping this weekend and I grabbed a pair of size 22 jeans as all my jeans are too tight (18sish) went to try them on and they literally fell off so I had DH grab the next 3 sizes down, ends up the 16s fit great with a little room. My friend who's also a yoga instructor says that while my weight hasn't gone down (actually up but I think thats from the extra cals) I may be loosing fat and gaining muscle. I dunno I'm so tired of the scale not going down anymore. I'm almost back to where I started weight wise :o:mad:

FB 02-24-2009 12:26 AM

Er... hi! What's going on?
I haven't been a good challenger, in my posting levels. This place is crazy!
I also haven't made any headway on my measly one pound goal. My body likes it just fine where it's at. I'm not stressing or pushing it, just doing my same old thing. I can't get excited about this last pound, it's suddenly no big deal. I've come too far to get discouraged by it.

Barb - I'm kind of thinking along the same lines as Jammy. Hubby wonders where his partner in crime disappeared to and retaliates with blatant passive aggressive eating/head games. Mine played that game last year. :/

Triceps and biceps tonight. I attacked them. I recently noticed I've leaned down enough for real cuts and veins to appear. I'm not sure how I feel about that, it's not very typically feminine. TBH, I feel freaked out and proud all at once during my workouts. It disappears once I'm done - the veins. It's starting to attract notice from total strangers at the gym. I'm getting huge bodybuilders asking for me to jot down my routine and asked for advice. Insane. I feel out of place, a poser.

I don't care for the attention at the gym. I've gone through 4 places now in an attempt to work out anonymously. I try to seem unapproachable with a glare and a blasting iPod, but it's not working. AGH!

nicki rose98 02-24-2009 01:12 AM

Damn TOM...at least that's what I'm blaming it on. I was OP all day yesterday (although I did skip cardio) and I was up a pound today. It's cool cuz I know you fluctuate daily. I just want ONEderland so bad. I stayed OP today....I even skipped a snack and lunch but not on purpose. I napped through it. LOL. I did eat some bites of my daughter's chicken nuggets. I fixed my bf Chicken Linguine Alfredo and garlic bread for his bday dinner (low cal of course) and I skipped his king cake bday cake.

So over all I did good today. I did skip my weights because I couldn't get to the gym but I did one of my DVDs and when I was finished did the other. So I actually did 60 min of cardio instead of my usual 30.

sweetshauna 02-24-2009 01:13 AM

Hey Ladies,

So, I started my 10-day POP challenge today, and it was successful! I exercised in the afternoon (I really killed it on the spinning bike), and I was POP with both calories and carbs all day.

Jammyjamma thank you for giving me a swat on the bee-hind these past couple days ;). Trust me, it helped!

Today I also whipped up a storm in the kitchen:chef:- I always find that Im more likely to stay on plan if I prepare lunch and dinner for the week in advance. So I made curried shrimp :drool:(mainly for dinner) and spinach lasagna :T(mainly for lunch). Tomorrow Im going to try making mock mashed potatoes (with cauliflower):stir: for the 1st time, as a side dish for the curried shrimp. We'll see how it goes!

I hope you all are doing GREAT and chugging along well with food and exercise! :hug:

:dust:

nicki rose98 02-24-2009 01:33 AM

sweet If i cook in advance i'm more likely to stay OP too....know how that is

sweetshauna 02-24-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicki rose98 (Post 2626370)
. I just want ONEderland so bad.

200.5... nicki you're SOOO close! Hopefully you'll get there like in the morning ;)... or at least by the end of the week.

I'm rooting for you!:cheer2::cheer::cheer3:

Chinagirl 02-24-2009 02:52 AM

hey there everyone!

I've stayed on OP the last few days but have not been to the gym...just cant bring myself to make my way through the rain to get there (sad part is, it's only a minute from my house). I am really going to motivate myself to go this afternoon though.

To all you lovely ladies who are out there snow shoeing/ dog sleding /skiing, I am amazed and awed by you....seriously, a minute from my house...I bow down to thee.

Sweetshauna, the mashed potatoes with cauliflower are REALLY good, my family even prefers them over the regular ones! Add a little garlic salt to them too for flavor if you like.

Thinfor5Minutes 02-24-2009 09:20 AM

Confession Time: Today is Fastnacht Day and I decided I was going to allow myself that indulgence, so I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts this morning and got myself two glazed doughnuts. These are my very first doughtnuts in many, many months. I looked them up in advance on the web and know how many calories are in them, and they are accounted for in my eating journal for the day, but I know that they are not the best choice I could've made today. I plan to work extra hard at the gym to somewhat compensate after work today. On a positive note, I was down a bit on the scale this morning.

moonkissed 02-24-2009 09:45 AM

I am glad to see others doing so well :)

Mondays & Tuesdays are always the hardest days for me to stay OP because they are my husbands days off and also our days to run around and get all the errands done. So it is chaos from my normal routine lol even though I am really trying and doing much better lately yay!

Yesterday I had a crisis my with sister so I was talking to her for hours and then I had to get ready for my very first day at the new diabetic support group here which I was so so nervous lol which ran late & right after ran to the store. I got home just in time to eat and then go to sleep before I passed out lol.

I hate shopping day because then anything new that I got I have to go & find out all of its calories and info to add lol

So I didn't track half the stuff I ate yesterday though after work i might go back and try to figure it all out.

The good news is I am down like half a pound so far. So I am praying that by friday (my offical weigh in day) I drop the other half lol! That will give me 5lbs lost woohoo *fingers crossed*

Goodluck everyone!

chubbyphotographer 02-24-2009 10:49 AM

I keep myself busy yesterday cleaning.
I am planning on going for a long walk in couple of minutes.I also did toning exercises for my legs today.
Everyone keep up the good work and have a wonderful day!:carrot:

BarbPA 02-24-2009 01:36 PM

Hi CC Friends! :wave:

Just popping in to say a quick hello! I'm at work and don't have time to chat, but I wanted to thank you for the kind words about my recent moaning and groaning. It really helps me to have friends here to chat with! Thanks again! I'll talk to you more later when I have time....

:high: Barb

nicki rose98 02-24-2009 02:26 PM

I am enjoying my day off!!! Happy Mardi Gras all you northerners!!! LOL. Unfortunately that means I can't go to the gym cuz the daycare is closed. Brianna is napping now so I'm about to do a DVD. I'm gonna try to do the kickboxing one.

I've stayed OP today. Breakfast was good. I actually skipped my morning snack cuz I simply wasn't hungry. Just finished lunch. So doing good even though I'm at home, proud of myself!!!

I did weigh in at 200 this morning so that .5 is gone....I have a mini goal to be in ONEderland this week. Here's to hoping!!!!