Old 06-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today~ 1463
Fiber~ 38 grams

RockNRoll~ You are going to be doing a lot of walking! Most people I've known to lose weight said it was because of all the walking. Have fun!

Tinky~ WoooHooo!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 AM   #107  
Meg1989

S/C/G: 180/172/145

Height: 5foot 6 inches

Hi everyone I'm new here i also have just recently started counting calories and ive already lost 8 lbs its so awesome! Any suggestions on dieting with calorie counting? I also want to know if any of you are excersising and what you do to excersise?:D
Meg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:52 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning Folks! Hi Meg1989, good choice on the calorie counting and good work so far. My tip? Lean proteins and things that grow. Walk, walk, walk and lift weights.

Quicky summary for last week ... I had on average 1620 cals and lost .7 of a pound. Exercise was pathetically sporatic
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

HI, Welcome Meg
Calorie counting is the best. If you eat healthy and excercise, it will come off.
If you change the way you eat as a life change it will stay off.

My calories for sunday. 1502
fiber 45

Down to 163.4 this morning.

Gee, Zenor,
trying to keep up with you is a work out itself.

Rocknroll.
sounds like you have been very busy! Good for you. keeps you out of trouble. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Can't even imagine doing that. I still have not made it to canada.
Next summer I plan to do something special. maybe niagra. We have our 30th coming up next summer. a good reason to play.

Tinky,
congrats on the loss! keep it up girl.
Quote:
Mmmm I say have you cake and eat it too....in moderation.

Yup! I did. and still came down this morning.
well must get off so I can go to curves.
later
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #110  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Zenor- Thanks! LOL It feels so good. I haven't seen the 180's for a while. Not since DF and I got together. But its not like I want to stay here or anything! LOL

Meg- Hello, You found the right place to come to. Everyone here is great! As for advice....based off my experiences so far, Eat as clean as you can. Drink lots of water, get your fiber in, and exercise. Even if you only have time for 10 min intervals, just do it! Allow yourself to have a treat day here and there. Life is too short, but everything in moderation is ok! I find it that if I do eat something that's not as good, I make up for it by working out harder. I also am trying to work on not being so hard on myself. If life were meant to be perfect, like I said before we would be walking around in bikinis! LOL Well good luck to you! Sorry this is so long.

LittleRed- Wooohoooo to you too!! You go girl! When do you get to change your ticker???
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #111  

Tinky
I have decided to wait till its 163.0
Maybe for at least 1 whole day

soon!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #112  
Counting Calories is fun!

S/C/G: 201/192/148

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone,
This is my first time doing Calorie Counting. I lost 40 lbs 5 years ago on WW and of course it's all come back (and then some). I started a FitDay journal and am determined to keep track of everything beginning this week.

Unfortunately, I hurt my back a week ago Saturday and was on my back Mon-Thu of last week. I didn't want to get on the scale this morning (Monday is my weigh-in day) but I did and......I maintained, no loss. I guess I'm happy I didn't gain any weight. But for laying on my back and doing virtually no exercise, maintaining is pretty good!

I'm a little nervous about calorie counting because I've always felt like I can't lose weight if I'm not at WW or involved in some other plan. So this is like I'm on my own, which is good since I'll be eating this way for the rest of my life!

This forum has already been a big motivator for me!
AnneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #113  

Hi everyone! I'm new too. I just started my diet today.

My husband got me a CalorieKing diet diary and I have my whole eating day planned out. I'll be eating about 1333 calories today. My goal is around 1350 daily.

Have a fabulous day Ladies!
crafty mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 280.5/268.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Default New to calorie counting

Hi everyone

I am new to calorie counting but so far it is moving along wonderfully. I am down about 12 lbs. and going strong.
slim&fitby40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #115  

Hi Anna, Craftymom, and Slim.

this is a great place to start.

Counting calories really does work. Might not be as fast as some other programs. but from what I hear... It will stay off...if you keep up the counting and moving.
good luck.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Wow! So many new people... Meg, Anna, Crafty, & Slim! Did I miss anyone?

My hints for calories counting are PLAN, PLAN, and PLAN some more! My DH laughs at me because I plan my food out for the day on the night before. It really helps me because I don't have to think about what to eat. I would also recommend getting lots of fiber (from fruits and veg preferably) and water! Also, excess sodium will cause you to bloat, so keep that it mind. As far as exercise I walk.

Littlered~ When did this become a competition? Lol. You are doing great! I can't wait to see you lower that ticker!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I just got my last work out in! 8 miles biking - hard trail and only 34 minutes whew! I'm super excited for vacation and I bought a journal so i can write down my food. I know all the calories for vegetables and meat... should i print off a cheat sheet for fruits before i go? That way I can estimate calories while in Europe?

Thanks! and great job everyone
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #118  
Meg1989

S/C/G: 180/172/145

Height: 5foot 6 inches

Thanksforall the advice everyone! I usually walk 2 miles a day is that enough? Also, HI crafty mommy i also just bought a calorie king book and i carry it aroud wtih me in my food journal EVERYWHERE! Also, i was wondering everyone....Why do grapes and bananas have so many calories! wow a large bunch of grapes has 305 calories.....
Meg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
Wow! So many new people... Meg, Anna, Crafty, & Slim! Did I miss anyone?

My hints for calories counting are PLAN, PLAN, and PLAN some more! My DH laughs at me because I plan my food out for the day on the night before. It really helps me because I don't have to think about what to eat. I would also recommend getting lots of fiber (from fruits and veg preferably) and water! Also, excess sodium will cause you to bloat, so keep that it mind. As far as exercise I walk.

Littlered~ When did this become a competition? Lol. You are doing great! I can't wait to see you lower that ticker!
No competition... On your part.
It is good incentive for me to try to keep up with you younger girls. Just having fun.
My dd and I are sort of compeating... We are only about 3 pounds different. (I secretly want her to try to stay ahead of me. )

Seems like its a little incentive to her too. She can't let mom get ahead
I hope to change my ticker this week.
One pound at a time. Its better than gaining.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #120  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Wow..... Anna, Crafty, and Slim!!!! Calorie Counting does work, otherwise I wouldn't have lost the 10+lbs!!!

Meg- Walking 2 miles a day helps!! Every little helps!!! I'm thinking it's the sugar content thats in grapes and bananas. Or you can always google it.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote