Old 06-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #46  
<33

S/C/G: 283/Ticker!/180

Height: 5' 6

My word! It's raining cats and dogs over here. No more drought I guess. Only thing is, the power has been flickering off and on, but the storm should only last half an hour, thank God. I should get off the computer, it just occured to me lightning and electricity don't mix! I'll write more later. Bye!
Charlene Dahhling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Zenor ~ we have to be more bull headed than our bodies. I like how you put that.

I just read a post on another forum where a lady is getting back on track after surgery. She said something that woke me up and I thought I would share it with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyCammie View Post
"But while I was walking yesterday, I thought to myself, "You know, if my best friend were trying to lose weight and came over to my house, I wouldn't ask her if she wanted chips, donuts, or ice cream. I simply wouldn't offer it. What I would do, is offer her veggies, sugar free jello or pudding, or yogurt with fruit. I wouldn't suggest we just sit around and watch TV, I'd ask her if she wanted to talk while we went for a walk...even just a stroll."

If that's what I'd do for my best friend, why won't I do it for myself?

There are a bunch of guidelines on how to treat others the Golden Rule (Do onto others as you would have them do onto you) or the biblical reference "Love your neighbor as you love yourself." But, I haven't been treating myself as well as I'd treat my neighbor or another person in my position (fat and "trying" to lose). So, I'm trying to change my thinking. I'm trying to be "kind" to myself. (I know, you're reading this going "Well, DUH!") For me, I just have never thought about it that way.
I guess I'm kind of redefining what being "kind" to myself is, too.
Being kind to myself is:
Providing sufficient portions of healthy food - NOT large or extra large food that may or maynot be good for me but "tastes" good.
Taking the time to exercise -NOT "treating" myself to a few hours of TV in the recliner.
KNOWING that I WILL reach my goal weight and accepting that it won't happen over night but that I must continue to "improve" my living conditions (I'm a work in progress concept) - NOT denegrating myself and beating myself up because I had 2 fish crackers.
Accepting that I've gained weight and taking responsibility for making a change -NOT avoiding mirrors, this website, the scale, and living in denial.

So, Jo, journaling is a way of being kind to me...it's like a way to keep track of my actions so that I don't start MIS"treating" myself with a gallon of ice cream again.
I read this and it actually sounds weird to me. But what the hey? If it works, I'll take every shed pound I can get!
I keep going back and re-reading everyone's words. I can't tell you how significantly that fuels my soul, my motivation, and it reinforces my positive thoughts. Thank you again everyone. I'll be reaching out to you through this long haul...but, you're also going to be part of the sucess that I'm so determined to realize.
Cammie
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #48  

I decided to do like Zenor and put my gain on. I was going to wait and see if I had it off by the end of the week and then move it up if necessary. I decided to move it up now and be completely honest with myself and all of you.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:50 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Zenor, Lara,
Congrats on being HONEST with YOURSELF. don't worry about us.

When You get the stress out of your life (at least for a few) It will come back off.
You both have had a lot of stress. Just do your best today. worry about tomorrow when its here. Its all you can do.

don't foget... you both have lost lots of weight already! keep up the good work.
Oh! if you decide to eat your goodies now and then, just enjoy every minute. So that you can get back on track the next day.
treat your selves like your treat us when we falter.

Carrie,
I am glad you will pop in now and then. after your settled we will be waiting to here from. Hope it all goes well.

My calories for Monday 1464
fiber:42
water: only 88 oz.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Theresa, I haven't been checking in on calorie counters for a while, but I just popped in and I see that you have lost 20 lbs!!!!! That is fantastic! Way to go -- your hard work is paying off, and I bet you feel wonderful.

I think the last time I was on here you had lost about 10 -- I'm so happy for you!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #51  

SO EXCITED!!! My husband received his formal offer and it was within the price range that he considered appropriate. So we're moving down south to NC now. We have 4 weeks to pack up the house.....I am dreading moving with all the little ones. We're going to have to super organize our life and this move in order to make it happen.

It will be a real challenge to maintain, much less lose, during this process. I am reading the 7 habits and finding it affirming many things I've been thinking about in my life.

Wow, so many people are having epiphanies around here! Great job!
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today~1454
Fiber~42 grams

Littlered~ You are so funny! Only 88 oz of water. That's actually about what I've had today too, but most people have a hard time getting in 64 oz.

Walking~ Good to see you around here again!

Grammy~ I like the post you quoted! It's so hard for a lot of women to realize that it's okay to put yourself first sometimes. I have a hard time with proper self-care, but I'm so much better than I used to be. Aren't we all works in progress anyway? As long as we improve (even a little at a time) we are winning the battle!

cjc~ on the move and new job for DH! Hopefully I'll be sharing some similar news in the next month or two.

Oh, I learned how to make my favorite Thai (squid) salad at home tonight. It's great because I can control the salt content a little better than just ordering it out. Yum!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Clair
long time no see! Thanks for the congrats. I am proud and yes I feel better than I have for years.
I had 163.8 this am. So I am doing what I need to do I guess.

I think I will see the 155 for my bb in july. If things don't stall.

Zenor.
that is funny, but it is lower than my regular water intake. usaually at least 96 or more oz.
I am up atleast 2 times a night. Go potty and drink more! go back to bed.

this weekend is a party at my sons. he has a covered building and a large garage, just in case it rains. Lets see if I can take some healthy foods to eat too. I am making an ice cream cake too. not healthy.
I will only taste that! Mine will be much lower cal than the recipe. I am not going into the recipe, accept to say... oreos, ice cream sandwiches, fudge topping.... yummy.

I am also taking a huge veggie tray and a salad, even if no one else eats it.

mother inlaws idea is to have burgers, hot dogs, chips and dip and potato salad. None of its food I am interested in.
I might even take some chicken breast. My son said Yes!

he is watching his weight and eating healthy now days too.
He put in his FIRST veggie garden this year.
I am proud of him for trying too. his cholesteral was very high. and blood pressure.
he has been trying to lower it by diet and excersise.

Carrie,
thats wonderful info.
Have you thought of hiring someone to pack you and move you? I would pack my personal stuff and hire movers for the rest.

well got to move my hinny! back later.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #54  

GOOOOD MORNING!

It is a beautiful morning here in Michigan. The sun is shining, a little cool but I would rather have it cool than hot, 37 degrees this morning. I really enjoyed my morning walk.

I think a lot of people have a hard time putting themselves first because it seems selfish. I have always put my girls and DH first and now DGS. I decided a few months ago that its not selfish to take care of myself because if I don't I won't be around to take care of them. Not only that but I was unhappy with the way I looked. My hair was long and a mess all the time and blah. I was super pail and hated it. I also lost motivation health wise doing everything on my own. So gradually I have started to spend a little money on me and I am taking care of me. I got a hair cut and high lights, started going to the tanner and now joined Curves to get me moving more. Not only do I look better but my attitude is better and I fell better about myself. I think that is worth an extra $100 a month, its really not even that much but I will go high on the cost.

This morning something popped in my head and I like it and I am going to put it in my signature. "Dare to be Thin". I really think I am afraid to be thin. I haven't been a normal weight since elementry. There are so many things that I am afraid of that could be holding me back. First, DH is afraid of me being thin. He won't admit it but it is part of the reason I think he sabotages me on the weekends. It is making him feel very insecure. Then it gets me to thinking, is he saying that I looked so bad before that no one else wanted me. HAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding. His fears are justified only by the fact that men tell him all the time how lucky he is and if he ever leaves again they will be waiting in line. I would never cheat on him, who needs the hassles.

Zenor ~ We can do this together, hand in hand. I know our friends here won't let us stay down for long before they are helping us up.

Carrie ~ That is fantastic about the offer. I wish I lived close so I could help out but I live on the other side of the country. I haven't been to California since I was 7 years old. My Grandparents lived in Orange County and in 1976 we went to visit them. What a drive. Michigan to California in a 2 door car with 5 people. What fun we had, NOT!

Littlered ~ I think that is the hardest part, being honest with myself. It is coming off as fast as it came on but it is getting dissappointing dealing with the same 5 or 6 lbs over and over again. I think I have lost the same pounds at least 10 times and they keep finding me. I am losing it for the last time. I WILL not see that 190 mark again.

I have been in the 180's now for over a year and its really, really time to see the 170's. When I get determined like this all the temptations in the world won't faulter me. I think admitting my weight was the straw that broke the camels back. I have set a goal and I am going to work consistantly towards it and I even threatened myself with going on my previous program the 6WBMO. If I am not in the 170's by the second week in July, I am going back on that program. It is an excellent program but it requires a lot of cooking and NO processed foods, dairy, salt or fat. I really don't want to do it again but if that is what it takes.

Well I have to and get the enrollments for my boss.

Talk at you all later.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #55  
<33

I woke up this morning pretty early, and with a craving for Lo Mein. Which I looked up on fitday, and it isn't too bad, so I'm gonna go get some around 11.

Don't ask me why, but I'm watching Dr.Phil. He had one woman on there that at one time weighed over 700lbs, and now weighs 498lbs. She lost 250lbs in 7 monthes! WOW!

Lara ~ I like that quote. I really do. Anyway, I started using a tanning lotion about a week ago, and in a week I should "glow". Well I glowed alright. In patches. I look like vanilla/tan checkerboard. I'm just too afraid to go to a real tanner. (Anyone seen Final Destination 3?)

Zenor ~ Squid salad? That's, erm... intresting.

Carrie ~ Congrats on the move! One of my best friends moved up to NC after graduation. I've only been there once, but it's gorgeous!

Okay, It's close enough to 11. I'm hungry!

Talk to ya'll later!

Bye!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #56  

Charlene ~ I did see the movie and at one point refused to go into a bed and insisted that I use a hex until I got their and saw the price difference. The tanner I go to you are in a room by yourself and the walls don't even come close to the ceiling and its almost like divider rooms so if there was ever a problem they would definitely here you and there is nothing in the room that could keep the lid from opening. That movie goes thru my mind every time I go. YUCKO!

You are to funny . I am not laughing at you but with you because I did the lotions already this year and ended up with orange hands and skin. Decided it was just easier to set fears aside and go to the tanner. I was also told it helps fight depression especially in the winter so I use that as a reason to go.

Littlered ~ We have our veggie garden in this year. Hopefully DH will be home more to help eat some of it. I was getting tired of trying to find creative ways to use it all.

Menu for Today:

Breakfast: 1 Chik Patty, 1 slice bread, 1 small peach (swear it was extra small)
Snack: Tuna Packet w/spicey mustard, 1 light wasa's
Lunch: Smart one Creamy Parmesan Chicken, Tomato Salad, Chocolate Drizzles
Snack: 100 cal bag Popcorn, Cheese Stick
Dinner: 3 oz Chicken, pasta salad w/lots of veggies

Exercise: 30 minutes walking, Curves

Last night I stuck with everything except my evening snack. I was craving Turkey Franks and I ate two of those instead of the Popcorn and cheese stick. I must say it probably wasn't as healthy but had to satisfy that craving.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Many years ago I had an alarmingly blotchy pair of orangish legs! Thankfully, the new products are much better. Here's my tip (especially if you have dry skin) mix a tiny dollop of tanner with a usual amount of moisturizer, mix it in your hands very well, then apply. Wash your hands and make sure your legs dry before you get dressed!
It's slower but much better looking
I use Equate, cheap, cheap and have no trouble.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #58  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hey all...I've been laying low for a bit. My grandfather passed away, so I've been just coping. He doesn't live in the states, but it's always hard. I was fortunate enough to have seen him about 3 times in my lifetime. Well I took the rest of the week off, and have been eating ok. I've been keeping my calories lower than normal, I also got TOM! What a combo! So I will try to catch up with the posts! Just letting ya know that I'm still around! Take care all!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #59  
<33

Susan & Lara ~ I'm glad I have someone to realate to. Now I've been looking at solutions to my ugly legs, and apparently lemon juice works! So I'm gonna try that. Hope it works before the trip!

Tinky ~ I'm so sorry about your grandfather. My grandfather has been through heart problems, cancer, and even en-fa-see-ma. (I don't know how to spell it so I sounded it out.) I don't know how he's still alive, but he is, and we're so glad for him. He's going on 80 I believe.

~~

Now I don't understand the concept of chinese food delivery now a days. I was planing on being a good girl, getting just some veggie lo mein, but no. You have to order a minimum $15 to get delivery, and my mom took my car, and I have no food, so I go menu crazy! I ordered 1 order of veggie lo mein, 1 order of cheese wontons (which where horrific, so I don't feel bad about that.) 1 order of chicken fried rice, and 1 order of french fries! I got it all home, sampled the lo mein, and yuck! Threw it out. Sampled the cheese wontons. Yuck #2. Then the french fries and chicken fried rice just slid right down. I felt so mad at myself! And I still am.

Luckily from all the food I wasn't too hungry and had a small dinner. (And a fruit pop, I can't elimanate sugar, ya know?)

Well I gotta go pack some more. I'll check in tommorrow. Talk to y'all later.

<3 Charlene
Old 06-06-2007, 11:39 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today~1473
Fiber~48 grams

Charlene~I had an orange leg incident several years ago. I was just so glad that I didn't put any on my face! I hope it fades fast!

Oh and I do eat "weird" food (weird to others not me.) Lol. On a really good day my fitday might scare you.

Tinky~I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! It's never easy.

Grammy & Littlered~ I was about to plant my veggie garden when we got the news that DH is being laid off in August. I just don't have the heart to plant it now that I can't harvest it. I'll send my green thumb vibes to your plants instead. It's funny, I can grow veggies like no tomorrow, but I can't grow anything "pretty." Maybe I'll do a few pots that we can take with us.

Grammy~ We can do it! We just have to be strong and stubborn!

Everyone have a great evening!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote