Old 06-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #16  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

I was going to say the exact same thing.
I wish I looked that tiny!!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #17  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

lol! you guys, its the beauty of being a pair. haha! I think my top graduated out of the fat store, but my bottom half is still in a 16.

thanks for the nice comments.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #18  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Zoe- He is such a cutie pie!!! I love the outfit too!!!

And girl you don't look as much as you weigh!!! I would of guessed less!! Great job!!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Todays calories~1548
Fiber~38 grams

My calories a little high due to indulging in a bit of frozen yogurt. After this week I needed it! I was good and only had a serving though. Plus I walked 2 miles today, so maybe it'll all even out.

CoolMom~He is a very cute baby! I love it when they get to be that age and start developing their personalities.

Charlene~Here are my tips:

~When I have to eat out a lot I try to only eat half of what is on the plate.

~Also, I've found that when you go to dinner-type places if you order a burger they slather butter on the bun when they toast it (that's before the mayo!) I always order my burger (usually the veggie kind) with a completely dry bun. No butter or mayo. Then I put on mustard at the table. I also make sure there is no cheese and I trade the fries for a side salad.

~Has anyone shared the salad dressing trick with you? You order it on the side and dip your fork tines into it before you take a bite. You use a lot less dressing! I use this trick a lot because I really like full fat blue cheese dressing (I can't have it in the house, but it's a nice treat when we go out.)

~If you are going to a chain and have internet access look up the nutritional info before you go. That way you know what your choices are. I've looked up stuff and been shocked at whats in stuff (did you know that a slice of cheesecake at The Cheese Cake Factory is 1500 calories~just for one slice~OUCH!)

~Ask lots of questions! The wait staff is there to help. If you order something that's baked, ask if they use any oil or butter on it before they bake it. Ask if you can get your veggies steamed and without butter. Ask, ask, ask... you'd be surprised what they put in food that you wouldn't think is there.

~Most importantly; HAVE FUN!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #20  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,

It's been a couple of days since I posted. Things have been going ok, but I made the mistake of buying Ice Cream for the kids this week and well I have been eating some every night. I try to refrain myself but I just can't do it. My weight has been right around the 143 mark. Which is good that it hasn't gone up but still disappointed in myself. I hate it when I get in these ruts.

On the up side I have been doing some form of exercise every day. Last night I rode my bike for about 2 miles. Thursday Gazelle for 30 mins, and walked/jogged for about 2 miles the previous 2 days. So that is probably what is helping me not really gain.

Zoe He is adorable!!! I miss my kids being that little. I always say I wish that they would have stayed that little and never learned to talk, lol. And you look like you are doing great!!! Keep up the great work!!!
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #21  
<33

S/C/G: 283/Ticker!/180

Height: 5' 6

Zenor ~ Thanks for all the info. I'll probably be eating out a couple of more times this weekend, because I graduated today, and it's time to celebrate! (And for some reason celebrating equals food?) Probably not eating out, but going to people's houses for parties. (With catered food.)

~

I don't have a menu because of graduation stuff. But I'm done with high school. And you know what? Middle GA hasn't seen rain for nearly 47 days, and on graduation day, it rains! Can you believe it??

I gotta go to another party.

Bye!
Charlene Dahhling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #22  
Back to make it to goal!

Charlene- Congratulations on your graduation! May you find lots of success and happiness in the start of your "adult" life!!! LOL...Party hearty baby!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Charlene,

Congrats,
You are doing fantastic. Hope you have a fun safe weekend.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #24  

Default Oh boy...

I don't think I've realized just how freaked out I am by the thought of job hunting, packing, moving... We went out for Thai food with friends tonight and I kind of threw caution to the wind. I think my cals may actually be higher, but I estimated the best I could. Hopefully all the spiciness (we like it HOT) boosted my metabolism a bit. Probably not, but lets think positive!

Calories for today~ 1878
Fiber~ 38 grams

The scale was down 2 more lbs this morning though. Hopefully it stays down! I have no idea what my sodium intake was so I may end up bloated tomorrow. I may skip weighing tomorrow just to avoid freaking out if I'm retaining water. Monday can be the moment of truth.

We've decided to make Sundays our "internet free" day. Aside from logging in my food I won't be on the computer. Everyone have a great rest of the weekend. I'll check in on Monday.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:06 AM   #25  

Hey Littlered~
I just noticed that you've almost reached the 20lb mark! You are doing great!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #26  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Charlene Congrats on Graduation!!! Enjoy it!!! That time goes by so fast!!

Yesterday was good for me. I didn't really eat much, so my calories were low. But I didn't really do much. I was messing around on the computer pretty much all day yesterday. But I think I have finally moved off my plateau that I have been at for almost 2 weeks, I think. I don't know we will see tomorrow.

Going shopping today to get DD a dress for the Sugar Festival Princess Contest. We live in a area that has a big sugar processing plant so they do the Sugar Festival around here. Then after that my cousin is having here dd's b-day party at Mickey D's. Well I will make sure I eat before we go there. That is a trigger food for me and I will just eat more and more. The kids should have a fun time though. I was hoping to get a run/jog in today, but the weather lady is saying it's going to rain this afternoon. I guess I will have to jump on the gazelle.

Well everyone have a great Sunday!!
Mary
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Zenor,
thanks. That is why I said No, when my hubby tried to give me a candy bar to eat at kmart last night. I told him I WANT that 20 pounds! He just looked at me funny. I think he is testing me. ( I did eat a 2 small squares of his and no more! )

You are kicking butt... loosing fast. I would not worry about your one day that is higher than normal. Sometimes a body just requires a few extra. That was not high as it COULD have been... had you ate with abandon. Keep up the hard work!

I know some girls that are eating 1/2 what I eat. and don't loose.
It is how healthy the food is too... don't ya think? That and the old starvation mode.

I have been counting mine faithfully too. But I am not as strict with the amounts as I was. I am keeping between the14-1600 calories a day. I don't let myself get starved.

my total for yesterday.
cal: 1471
fiber was low at 38.
water: over 100 oz.

I spent saturday with my family. Dgd was here for the afternoon. Oh! she brought those other 2 people with her too...mommy and daddy.
They bought a harness to use to help her with her walking.
Sure helps your Back! She is so tiny. bending to help her walk is very bad on an old back.
Still at 20 pounds. and around 30 inches. Fits size 18 months just great. she will be 2 in JULY.
She is a grandma's girl. poor hubby, its killing him. he will be playing with her, and when I walk buy she hollers for me! He plays loudly. and she is a quit girl. So am I.
Take her outside, and your out for the day! she loves it outside. she has a good tan already.
below is pic of her sleeping at the zoo.

Petra,
I don't think having Ice cream is bad. Its keeping up a good healthy diet and your calories. By looking at your ticker... I would say you have been doing great.

Tinky,
I go to the farm market every week here. I end up spending half of my grocery money there. its hard to get out with less than $80. I do get my fish and most of my meat there too. better prices and quality!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happy dreams2.jpg (23.7 KB, 16 views)
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #28  
<33

S/C/G: 283/Ticker!/180

Height: 5' 6

Thanks everyone for all the congrats.

I weighed today, and I gained a pound from yesterday. There was sooo much food at all those parties! Cake, cookies, pizza, mini sandwichs, etc. I'm going to be better today. (Well, starting now. There was some cake left on the counter, and well, you know...)

I'm making my grocery list as we speak, so the menu for the next week will be better. Only thing is, I'm kinda nervous, because I'm gonna be at home all week! No school to keep me busy. I hope I just don't eat all day!

I also need to stop drinking pepsi. (I mean it's diet caffeine-free, so I'm not using calories for it.) Last summer I became addicted to Crystal Light Lemonade, but now whenever I drink it, it burns my throat, I don't know why. Any other reccomended flavors? I love the fruit punch but I can't find it for the life!

June Goal : Don't gain too much weight on vacation. We leave in a week! YAHOO!
Charlene Dahhling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #29  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

mmm Thai food is another binge food for me Seriously, I could eat a mountain of Pad Thai, the entire bowl of Tom Yum and the combo appetizer. My eyes and nose would be running from the "make it hot" request, but I'd be in heaven. LOL
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #30  
Back to make it to goal!

Did someone say phad thai? That sounds so yummy right about now! I can eat thai food all day long. I love it hot too. Ok I need to stop before I head out to the Thai restaurant, that is the only dish I cannot cook! I don't know what it is!

LittleRed- I'm waiting for DF to come back home from getting the car washed (men and their cars), so we can go to the Farmer's Market. I'm excited!!

Charlene- I wouldn't worry too much, that 1lb could be bloat from eating too much salt. Give it another couple of days. I did that las weekend and ended up losing. Don't fret.

Petra- Oooh sugar festival, sound awfully tempting. We were at Pike Place market yesterday, and they were having tons of outdoor food stuff, all rich and yummy, but I didn't bother to try or buy any. LOL

I'm all sore from my workout, today was my cardio/strength training day. Yikes!

Zenor- Good luck with your search!

Well see you all tomorrow!!!