The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #241  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Bob is totally on to Icky and Brady. He knows they are liars. And so does everyone else at the ranch.

Heba is a moron - it amazes me when people think they are so above everyone else that they cannot see their own flaws. She's a pain in the keester. I loved it when Colleen just up and walked out. I would have too, or else I would have told her to shut the &*&^ up and move her discussion to another room.

And did anyone think it was annoying when Hubba ran up the steps to hug Brady? It was weird.
I just love Colleen more and more every week!

and yes...weird
Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Icky and Brady are playing the game together and trading off who is water logging and who is TBL and immune for the week. Don't you see it? She only lost 2 (or 3?) lbs??? Come on! NExt week, Brady will water hold, SHE will get the big loss and they will still vote together. And then the next week, switch. Does anyone else see this going on? They're creating a flipflop effect each week to retain themselves on the team and keep their voting block.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #243  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Bob is totally on to Icky and Brady. He knows they are liars. And so does everyone else at the ranch.

Heba is a moron - it amazes me when people think they are so above everyone else that they cannot see their own flaws. She's a pain in the keester. I loved it when Colleen just up and walked out. I would have too, or else I would have told her to shut the &*&^ up and move her discussion to another room.

And did anyone think it was annoying when Hubba ran up the steps to hug Brady? It was weird.

I thought that was totally weird too. And then when Brady went back to take his place, Vicky gave him a quick little peck and he kind-of patted her like he would a pet. They both had weird looks on their faces like it was uncomfortable to touch...hummm what is going on?

This is mean of me to say , and all personality issues aside, Heba is much prettier than Vicky. Matter of fact, Brady is kind of good looking too. Seriously, Vicky is an unattractive woman. Maybe Brady & Heba are "hookin" up??

Last edited by Lori Bell; 10-29-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #244  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
That's it Bob, pimp the Extra gum.

Seriously, a piece of gum does not equal a snack. A piece of string cheese would be a better choice.
When he was pimping the gum my thought was a cup of green tea would have been a better choice.

I wonder how fast they all spit the gum out after that segment was shot.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #245  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Seriously, Vicky is an unattractive woman.
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Maybe Brady & Heba are "hookin" up??
Stranger things have happened so who knows.

Of course they might just not be into public displays of affection. I had a bf like that once. He even disliked hugging in public but in private, totally different guy.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #246  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Icky and Brady are playing the game together and trading off who is water logging and who is TBL and immune for the week. Don't you see it? She only lost 2 (or 3?) lbs??? Come on! NExt week, Brady will water hold, SHE will get the big loss and they will still vote together. And then the next week, switch. Does anyone else see this going on? They're creating a flipflop effect each week to retain themselves on the team and keep their voting block.
Absolutely! I'm soooo happy that they are going to individuals next week. Now, if everyone else gets a clue and vote as a block against the Icky coven, all will be well!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #247  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Surely Vicky and Heba will be ridiculed in their communities. Would love to hear from someone who is from their home towns and can give us that scoop!

Hubba is from Raleigh, NC, and Icky is from Houma, LA (outside of New Orleans).

If I was Icky I'd question Hubba's need to hug Brady at that weigh-in. You're excited, sure, but I think his wife should have gotten the bigger hug. I'd have had words with DH.

I adore Phil and Amy. I thought their vow renewal was great. I wish DH was half as romantic. His idea of a surprise is to put his laundry away without me having to nag him. They inspired me to try on my wedding rings this morning. I can now comfortably wear my wedding band. My engagement ring is still a bit tight.

It's odd that Vivky and Michelle are within 1 pound of each other, and that even though Vicky is 3 inches taller, she looks....lumpier, for lack of a better word. Michelle is going to have some Ali-like muscles by the time Jillian is done with her.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I just feel bad for Bob! He's stuck with the Axis of Evil and there's nothing he can do about it. You can tell that he doesn't like/respect Icky (love it!) and Brady, but he's too professional to let it affect how he trains his team. So he's basically stuck helping losers succeed.

And if I saw one more smug grin across her creepy face, I was going to leap through the TV! I just hope the previous black team can get Amy on their side and pick off the others one by one.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #249  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Maybe it happened before and I never noticed until now, but low quality contestants like Heba (Hubba- hilarious) and Izzy have ruined the show for me. I was so disgusted after last night's episode and I was a little disappointed that the rest of the black team didn't just up and call Heba out for her rudeness for interrupting their dinner like that. She is SO dramatic! I get the impression she's finding some form of acceptance that she never had before so she's regressed back to junior high.

And Vicky is a devil, isn't she? I was horrified at her response of "seeing my kids isn't a good enough reward". Even if she meant something else, she's in bad shape if she can't see how awful that made her look. And who does she think she's fooling? Her husband is an idiot to be manipulated like that.

Hey, maybe next week they will show Heba giving Bob one of those BFF heart necklaces? I would be so creeped out if I were Bob...

Thank you. It felt good to get that off my chest...

Last edited by junebug41; 10-29-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #250  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I liked the Phil/Amy vow renewal too. But, correct me if I'm wrong - did he originally propose to her in a mall? (I think that's where they were...) Not the most romantic spot!!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #251  
Blue Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Maybe it happened before and I never noticed until now, but low quality contestants like Heba (Hubba- hilarious) and Izzy have ruined the show for me. I was so disgusted after last night's episode and I was a little disappointed that the rest of the black team didn't just up and call Heba out for her rudeness for interrupting their dinner like that. She is SO dramatic! I get the impression she's finding some form of acceptance that she never had before so she's regressed back to junior high.

And Izzy is a devil, isn't she? I was horrified at her response of "seeing my kids isn't a good enough reward". Even if she meant something else, she's in bad shape if she can't see how awful that made her look. And who does she think she's fooling? Her husband is an idiot to be manipulated like that.

Hey, maybe next week they will show Heba giving Bob one of those BFF heart necklaces? I would be so creeped out if I were Bob...

Thank you. It felt good to get that off my chest...
Hey, I was really bummed out until I saw the previews. YES!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #252  
Blue Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthLake View Post
I just feel bad for Bob! He's stuck with the Axis of Evil and there's nothing he can do about it. You can tell that he doesn't like/respect Icky (love it!) and Brady, but he's too professional to let it affect how he trains his team. So he's basically stuck helping losers succeed.

And if I saw one more smug grin across her creepy face, I was going to leap through the TV! I just hope the previous black team can get Amy on their side and pick off the others one by one.
And Icky actually thinks he believes her.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #253  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
I liked the Phil/Amy vow renewal too. But, correct me if I'm wrong - did he originally propose to her in a mall? (I think that's where they were...) Not the most romantic spot!!
I thought it looked like a hotel lobby, or an office building atrium? Of course if it was spur of the moment, it could have been a mall.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #254  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

I agree Brady and Vicky are definitely controlling water etc. I was sure of it last week. Add to it the smirk that comes to her face. How can they lie to Bob- there is no rule against doing these things- be honest.
Re the gum, I was laughing it was so obvious- they are reefing through the cupboards- and he is saying have gum instead. That being said I did eat a whole pack of gum the other day instead of grabbing chocolate.
I also thought the big weight losses for Bob's team came from running 10k prior to the weigh in- they all would have been dehydrated. This will not help them next week. Julian's team was so busy lifting weights- they would be retaining water.
I was disgusted by Hebba, didn't care that she interuppted dinner but grow up. Making such a big deal over nothing, not speaking to phil directly on his own. And then going on and on about how she was the bigger person and has forgiven him- if that were true she wouldn't have been confronting him- she would have let it go because it is part of the game. Re Colleen- all I could think of was she should have taken her dinner with her when she left the room. All that work I wouldn't have left my dinner behind. Boy is her face is really looking thin this week!
I thought it was interesting that Phil voted for Michelle, he must have wanted to go home. He's a smart guy and had to know that it was a wasted vote. What if the other two had voted for Colleen???? Even if you believe it isn't going to happen, there is always a small chance.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone - just an alert, the second half of the 1st show is now online, for anyone who was watching online when only the 1st half was posted.

Also, Bob & Jillian and some of the historical contestants are on Oprah tomorrow. There's a clip from Suzy on there about how people pass her on the street and say, "ohhhh....." which makes it sound like she's been struggling after the baby. So set your tivos and dvrs!