The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 221/168/150

Height: 5'6"

I don't understand the Orange team's motivation either. I suppose they must have thought that the gray team was going no matter what, so they might as well try to get in good with the yellow team. I'd have thought though that they could have used their vote to keep gray as an argument down the road about how they keep their word. Like "look, we voted for the yellow team, even when we knew it wasn't popular and that it was futile because the gray team was going, but we gave our word to the gray team just like we are giving our word to you."
Old 09-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #92  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I have to say I LOST ALL RESPECT for the Orange team, I really think that regardless they owed it to the Grey Team to NOT vote for them. If their vote didn't matter, they should have just said that we owed them our vote for give us both of their support the previous week. NO ONE would have been upset, esp if as they said it wasn't going to make a difference in the outcome of the vote.

I think that it was more Heba's decission and I refuse to cheer for them in anyway. I know it is a game, but you have to have some morals and loyalty.

Now that my rant is over, did anyone see where to go to get the recipes that Rocco had them make? I want to try a couple of them.
I agree!! I was so disappointed with the orange teams decision. I like both the yellow and gray team so I'm sad to see them go. But did you see TJ on when they followed up on him 4 moths later??!! I think he's a hottie!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I agree about the orange team.

I am beginning to really dislike the whole voting people off thing. Especially when Heba (I think it was her) said that Colleen needed to go because she is the biggest threat to win the biggest loser. I thought to myself, Heba girl, get to working your *** off like Colleen is and she won't be the biggest threat. For some reason, her comment just seemed whiney to me. I think they should all stay and have to work hard the whole time for the big prize.

I thought Jillian was much better last night. How do you think they had such huge losses that first week? That was a bit much IMHO.

The two Tom's looked great and so happy! That's what its about more than the big prize.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #94  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

So glad you're back with the charts Dix I enjoy them!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

That chart is awesome!

I 'm not sure who was looking - but the recipes are up at the NBC Biggest Loser website

Here is a link that might or might not work! http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser...n-caesar.shtml
Old 09-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #96  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Kellybones - THANKS for the link!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Some of those recipes look deeeelicious! I'm shocked that they're using NuSalt, though, considering that the NuSalt website says you should "consult with your physician before using Nu-Salt." Umm... sounds sketchy to me!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMichelle View Post
Well, I have to say I was disappointed that the grey team got sent home. I like the yellow team too, though, so it was a no win situation to me last night.
Me too! The grey and the yellow were my two favorite teams and for both of them to be below was just awful. When Coleen kept raising her hand and bidding I was yelling at the tv, "STOP, QUIT, NO". I really can't believe she did that and I looked at my DH and said, "Jill's gonna kill her".

Quote:
I have to say I LOST ALL RESPECT for the Orange team
Me too. I wouldn't mind seeing the orange team go home next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent View Post
But did you see TJ on when they followed up on him 4 moths later??!! I think he's a hottie!
Yeah, he is! I can't wait to see him at the end. I hope he wins.

Thanks for the awesome chart Dix!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:29 PM   #99  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

It is probably compounded by editing, but I seriously dislike the Brown team. If they are truly acting the way that they are being portrayed, I predict that the other teams will vote them out as soon as they are below the line.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #100  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

im upset! I can't find episode two online anywhere! Im sure Iw ill be ble to find it n a couple days.. but i dont like waiting!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #101  
Blue Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
It is probably compounded by editing, but I seriously dislike the Brown team. If they are truly acting the way that they are being portrayed, I predict that the other teams will vote them out as soon as they are below the line.
OMG YES. I had such a bad taste in my mouth when the wife admitted that the hubby was faking his injury so they wouldn't be perceived as a major threat. And then the hubby was really a when talking about voting off the gray team. But as previously stated, I lost all respect for the orange team also. Both have to go---SOON. I am loving the purple and pink team now. They both have lots of heart and respect the other players.

But, I loved it when LT during his exit interview, said something like, "Wouldn't you be pissed if you went on a makeover show and turned out uglier than you started". LOL Give that boy props for having a great sense of humor.

Last edited by Smiling1; 09-24-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
im upset! I can't find episode two online anywhere! Im sure Iw ill be ble to find it n a couple days.. but i dont like waiting!
I've never had luck finding the episodes online, only the 2 min recaps and the extra scenes at nbc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling1 View Post
OMG YES. I had such a bad taste in my mouth when the wife admitted that the hubby was faking his injury so they wouldn't be perceived as a major threat. And then the hubby was really a when talking about voting off the gray team.

But, I loved it when LT during his exit interview, said something like, "Wouldn't you be pissed if you went on a makeover show and turned out uglier than you started". LOL Give that boy props for having a great sense of humor.
I don't like teh guy on the brown, or the guy on the orange.. they just seem lik ethey can be such jerks.

I was cracking up when LT said that about his 3lb gain. that was soooo funny

Is there anywhere online to watch bask episodes from seasons 1-4 ? I didn;t watch then, adn I'd love to see them. TIA
Old 09-24-2008, 09:22 PM   #103  

I have to throw my two cents in, I was a bit disappointed in Colleens decision to risk their stay for the prize of $10,000.
Her father DESPARATELY NEEDS TO BE THERE and to risk it for money is just rediculous. I understand that she really believed in themselves that they could lose the 14 pounds, but that was just being foolish and it almost cost them their time there. I felt like telling her that she just sold her fathers life for $10,000.00

just my two cents... I'm still rooting for the yellow team!! ALL THE WAY!!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerchic89 View Post
I was cracking up when LT said that about his 3lb gain. that was soooo funny
I LOVED this part - how true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
Just noticed that while Jillian is yelling at Coleen during the LCW, Jerry is on freaking *oxygen* on the treadmill - you can see him in the background with a nasal cannula on. Does it seem to anyone else like that's taking it too far? Like, if he needs oxygen to workout, perhaps he's working out too hard?
I didn't see that, but did notice when Jillian was giving it to her that dad was standing in the background and not moving! Just like the way SHE stopped moving last week when Jillian turned her back on her and went to help the dad - then did the double take spin around and Colleen started her jumping jax again. WHen I noticed it this week tho, I was mostly watching his feet to see that they weren't moving, so I might have missed the mask. If so, YES, I def feel that is CRAZY.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #105  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Now that my rant is over, did anyone see where to go to get the recipes that Rocco had them make? I want to try a couple of them.

Rocco

Here's a link to the recipes.

Oh and I'm not surprised gray got voted off...but kinda bummed. That LT had the fire in his eye.

DUH...there are two more pages of replies I haven't read yet.

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 09-24-2008 at 10:05 PM.