The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #346  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Word.

To yo brotha.

Sorry, couldn't resist... I say that to my boyfriend all the time lol.

I wish this show was as inspirational as it used to be. I think I could get as much inspiration from celebrity fit club. Ick.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:15 PM   #347  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

see we always says word to ya motha! So when my dd was about 2 or 3 my dh would say "word ta ya motha" and my dd would say "word to your mudder daddy!" LOL!!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #348  

Height: 5'5"

This is my first season watching but I was thinking about watching a previous season in between episodes. Does anyone have any recommendation as to which season has been the best?

Just saw episode 8 tonight. WooHoo, go Amy!! I was SO mad when Ed won. For the past couple of weeks I have been so sure Stacy would win. Oh well, it was worth it to see Amy turn on them. I knew it would happen, but wasn't sure if it would be this soon.

And Re: Vicky's myspace, she mentioned that -
Quote:
Brady and Michelle each stated their reasons for wanting to stay but I thought Brady did a really crappy job with his speech. He said more about being o.k. with going home than with fighting to stay. As the votes went around I saw it in Amy's eyes before she actually showed her vote. I knew it was going to be Brady. I felt this sick feeling, I wanted to cry, scream, and vomit all at the same time but I used every ounce of everything I had to not give it to them.
At first I thought, hmmm, it sounds like her to be blaming her husband for being voted off. And no one likes to talk more about vomit or psych wards than Vicky! But then I read the bit about sugar-free jell-o. Definitely fake.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

My vote is that SEASON TWO was the best. My all time favorite contestant, Suzy. And just plain fun to watch now that we know what happens between Suzy and Matt. First waterlogging incident, Suzy gives Matt his big makeover, it's awesome!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #350  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post
No thanks... I don't like to lose. Watching Jillian get medieval on those two would be good TV, indeed.

I read Vickey's My Space blog for this last episode. And I wasn't impressed. If she wrote the entire thing, I'll eat my cat. All it was was a lot of waaahh, waaahhh, poor widdle Blue Team getting picked on by Big, Bad Phil. And the comment about the Black Team water loading... Why would they do that? The last thing they wanted or needed was to lose Phil. So why make it happen?

I notice on that My Space Page that the person she would like to meet is any Biggest Loser fan, wants to be an inspiration, and so and and so forth. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't read true. NBC staffers must have a blast setting up those pages. And I think that they are the ones who friend all the contestants with everyone else. Because I just can't see Amy and Phil friending her on their own. Seriously...
The myspace pages are made by each contestant. I've spoken to some of them in person and on their myspace, so they are one and the same. What I do think is, that they befriend each other during the season, friend or not and then change things later if they want to.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #351  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
My vote is that SEASON TWO was the best. My all time favorite contestant, Suzy. And just plain fun to watch now that we know what happens between Suzy and Matt. First waterlogging incident, Suzy gives Matt his big makeover, it's awesome!
Suzy is awesome. Met her at the Million Pound Challenge event and she really is a sweetie.
As far as the best season, season two is one of my favs followed by last season with Ali and co.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #352  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

I am SOOOOO super-proud of Amy!! Wow - that took a TON of guts to up against the Evil 4! She looked like such a naive, trusting member of that rotten blue team, although she sure would have been voted off at the first chance they got! I hope she can withstand all the back-stabbing chatted that will be flung at her this week, although everyone seems to have forgotten the first back-stabbing incident of the season: orange (Ed&Hubba) voting off the gray team.
Bob is usually ruthless about teammates voting each other off - even at singles, but I hope he doesn't make Amy miserable for it. She's a reallllll trooper! Go, Black+Amy - Go!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #353  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie99s View Post
To yo brotha.

Sorry, couldn't resist... I say that to my boyfriend all the time lol.

I wish this show was as inspirational as it used to be. I think I could get as much inspiration from celebrity fit club. Ick.
If you get the Style network, they have a show on called Ruby. it comes on Sunday's at 8 p.m. I find this show very inspirational. Check out the site HERE!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:24 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

LOVE< LOVE> LOVE RUBY! I feel like I could just spend a few days talking to her! What a delightful woman. ANd you can already tell she's going to just be stunning when her faces returns to its former glory. Her friends seem really fun too; love that little fitchick from LA.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #355  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I love Ruby!! I so want to be her friend!! What a fantastic woman she is! She's doing so great too!!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #356  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

I love Ruby too! Maybe we should start a Ruby thread! lol
Old 11-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 154/125/115

Why haven’t I seen this thread before?!

OMG, I am so upset with TBL!

I have been a rabid fan since season one – watching religiously, as many of you, for the hope, inspiration and the remarkable positive changes it brings to the lives of the contestants and those of us viewers who were motivated to join in!

I have been thoroughly disgusted this season though, with the contestants, their laziness and the ugliness that is going down at that ranch. Many of us would give ANYTHING for the opportunity these folks have, and for them to care more about ripping each other apart and humiliating their playmates is down right pathetic.

I thought I was the only person feeling disgusted by the blue team’s antics (I SO loathe Vicky and Hebba). I knew something was askew when Vicky said several episodes back that she cared more about the money then changing her life, but OMG, after watching last week, I was so infuriated that I told myself that I would no longer watch the show while those two women, Vicky and Hebba, are on the show. They totally bring TBL down to a low level, and I for one, will not support such a show.

COME ON, NBC! TBL use to be so inspirational – it has kept me going in my journey, losing 25lbs so far! Last season was awesome! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ali!

If the show is going down this “reality TV” path of drama, count me out as a fan/viewer.

Will the real BL please stand-up and inspire us?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #358  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

i LOVE YOU GUYS.. I too was happy to see a blue member go..wish is was Vicky.. I do think she was playing everyone.. poor heba... I have a feeling Heba goes far.. when Ed was voted off the first time they did that what do they look like now spot.. he was much thinner than he was the other night and he said when Heba comes home... I think she has the most to lose of the ladies( and for some of them I use that term losely) I think she may stick around for awhile. I have seen some after pictures of Michelle, Renee, Colleen, Brady and Vicky but not of Amy and Heba.. could that be a hint?? I cant wait for tomorrow..I am rooting for any member of the Black team.. but I have a feeling that Colleen may have reached the end.. she is lookin good and doesnt have as far to go.. or maybe Renee.. those of us with some age on us know its harder the older you get. Cant wait to find out!!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #359  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

I mean I am rooting for the Black team to win..
Just had to make that clear..
Old 11-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #360  
Believe it, be it

There are some pictures in the new Prevention magazine. They show Michelle, Renee, Coleen and Vicky & Brady. Honestly, they all look pretty good. No sign of Heba, Ed, or Amy C. though.