The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

I agree with the theory that Ed, Heba, and Amy are the final three since they are not even mentioned in the Prevention Mag article. They must have to be "under wraps" to have a huge finale.
Now I'm disappointed that I figured it out as well. I hope Amy blows away Ed/Heba.
Anybody wonder if there is an allliance among Amy/Ed/Heba?
This season makes me miss the Seth/Suzy/Matt trio a few yrs ago-now they all really enjoyed each other's company(beside the obvious 2 in love that is)
Remembering simpler times...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #377  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

At this point, if it's Amy/Heba/Ed as the final three, I'm rooting for Amy. As far as the at home winner, I'd love to see Coleen or Michelle take it (guessing she's going home before the final three). I know we just had our first female winner last season, but it would be great to have another female this season.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

Default Did you see the board next week???

Did anyone else see the weigh-in board/screen for next week's episode? We recorded the show last night on the DVR and when we got to the end where they were showing a preview of next week's episode, my husband yelled go back go back!

After several attempts of going forward and backward, we were able to pause on the frame where they showed the board after 4 of the 6 contestants had weighed in with two remaining.

Don't want to spoil it here so if you want to know, send me a private message unless several people respond with putting it up for all to read.

I saw who was in 1st through 4th place, with the two that were left to weigh in. All we can deduce from that is who is safe next week and who might fall below the yellow line.

Can't believe NBC didn't catch this error given all the DVR and Tivo technology that is out there.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #379  
cher37

...well, this was Amy's one & only chance IMO to get rid of Vicky and SHE BLEW IT!!

I hate to say this, but, b/c Vicky is so damned determined, stubborn & hard nosed, so just might make it! UGH!!!!

I would l-o-v-e to see the mother-daughter duo make it to the finals, they're such a class act!

...just my 2 cents worth...

Old 11-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Did anyone else see the weigh-in board/screen for next week's episode? We recorded the show last night on the DVR and when we got to the end where they were showing a preview of next week's episode, my husband yelled go back go back!

After several attempts of going forward and backward, we were able to pause on the frame where they showed the board after 4 of the 6 contestants had weighed in with two remaining.

Don't want to spoil it here so if you want to know, send me a private message unless several people respond with putting it up for all to read.

I saw who was in 1st through 4th place, with the two that were left to weigh in. All we can deduce from that is who is safe next week and who might fall below the yellow line.

Can't believe NBC didn't catch this error given all the DVR and Tivo technology that is out there.
I noticed it immediately too! I can't believe they didn't catch that.

We have DVR and could have hit rewind to look but I didn't want to. I'd rather wait and find out next week. Still shocked that they didn't catch that mistake.

I'm disappointed that Amy didn't vote off Vicky. Unless two blue fall under the line next week I think the black team is done.

I don't mind Ed so much, never have really, and since he's returned Heba seems to have chilled. If it's down to those two and Amy then I really hope Amy takes it all. I think she made a mistake last night, though. Vicky really is a bigger threat than Coleen was.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

Agree with you that Amy C made a huge mistake. She must have done that for Bob which was the wrong thing to do. Of course that is easy to say when we watch it after it has actually happened.

I also think that some of the other posts are correct that the final three might be Heba, Ed and Amy C given that they weren't in the prevention magazine article.

It seems like sometime around the time they have 6 contestants left, they do makeovers on all of them and a photoshoot for Prevention magazine. Surprising that that the Prevention article came out this early.

Michelle looked great in the article.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #382  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

I too could not believe Amys choice. With Colleen having lost so much weight its going to be harder for her to drop the big numbers.. Vicky still has a way to go so I would have kept Collen around thinking that next week she is not going to pull a big numbers.. but..Next week..lets see I am guessing it could be Amy and one of the other ladies.. and either Vickie or one of the black team.. and unless Vickie is even more horrible than we all thought Amy will be saved. Maybe that is why she voted for Vickie..it could be Vickie that saves her next week..If she had saved Colleen it could have been her and Colleen in the bottom two and then it would have been a tie vote if everyone voted according to teams and them if Amy had the lowest percentage she would be going home.. I think Amy thought it all day.. and she probably voted the way she did..well thats what I am thinking.. Just for fun I am going to fortell the future lol.. now keep in mind that I am thinking that Renee and Michelle could be interchangable in this ...Amy and Renee will fall below the yellow line next week with Renee going home.. the following week it will be Ed and Vickie below the line and Vickie will go home..next it will be Amy and Michelle below and Michelle will be sent home.. that will leave Ed, Heba and Amy in the final three with Ed going home...maybe he will water log so that he has a chance to win the 100,000 from home.. Heba and Amy will be the last two standing.. I dont know who will win.. but Heba will put back on 40 pounds by next year lol.... Okay that was for fun..
Old 11-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #383  
starting over again

I was kind of annoyed when Vickie said she needed to stay because she has kids and works a lot so won't be able to lose if she goes home. I understand that it will be difficult for her, but the way she said it struck me as odd. Like when she goes home she has no intention of losing more or even maintaining for that matter. Just made me want her to get voted off anymore because she seems to be all about the money and not really concerned with health.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #384  

Vickies reasoning would have worked for me.. if she wasnt just a nasty piece of work.. but really.. arent you going to MAKE time to fit this new lifestyle into your day? Everyone has been doin fine without you for 8 weeks!!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #385  
starting over again

Her reasoning would work for me too if she had to work 60 hours a week to stay afloat financially. But she is an anesthetist and brady is a pharmacist. Hardly low paying jobs. If you choose to work long hours like that then you also have to choose to get exercise in too. If she plans to go back to her old habits when she returns home then her time at the ranch was pretty much a waste.

If you work a lot because you have too, then you have my sympathy. If you work a lot because you want to, then I don't want to hear any whining. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #386  
cher37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marms View Post
I was kind of annoyed when Vickie said she needed to stay because she has kids and works a lot so won't be able to lose if she goes home. I understand that it will be difficult for her, but the way she said it struck me as odd. Like when she goes home she has no intention of losing more or even maintaining for that matter. Just made me want her to get voted off anymore because she seems to be all about the money and not really concerned with health.
AND... she works a 60 hour-week, to-boot!!!! Oh how awful her life is! LOL! I think it was Amy who rolled her eyes at that comment

I agree, I think that Vicky is there just for the $$$$. She said it before when she didn't want to do the challenge to win videos from home.

I'd love to just shake her & welcome her into reality - we all have busy lives, there are women who work 2 to 3 jobs to keep a roof over their heads and food in the fridge & still have time for their families & if exercise is important enough, you go to bed a little earlier to wake up a little bit earlier to get in the exercise. This lady just irks me!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #387  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

AAAAAAAAACCCCCHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKK

My DVR failed to record last night. My whole run this morning I was thinking of how nice it would be to settle down for lunch and watch. Damn
Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #388  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamurray View Post
that will leave Ed, Heba and Amy in the final three with Ed going home...maybe he will water log so that he has a chance to win the 100,000 from home...
The way the show works is that the last three all make it to the finale and go home for a few weeks before the show. So, if those three make it to be the final three, they all have a chance at Biggest Loser.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #389  

You see I dont watch every season..lol Thanks.. well then I guess I am not thinking Ed will be one of the three.. or maybe he is and that video clip was a red herring lol
Old 11-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

Height: 5'4"

The only thing I dont get is that next weeks sneak peak was about Thanksgiving... But I know that this was pre-recorded... So was it really pre-recorded a year ago???