Old 10-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Fall Back to Basics CHAT Thread Week 8 (10/15-10/21)

And here are the Red Team's Preliminary Results for week 7.

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the official weekly results here

As a team we lost 11.3 pounds or 0.39%

Our Biggest Loser:
Burg (-4.0 lbs, 1.59%)

Honourable Mentions: riddy (-1.9 lbs, 1.02%)

rwquilts (-1.5 lbs, 1.02%)

elizabeth779 (-2.0 lbs, 0.71%)

Well done everyone!

I'm amazed each week at the numbers everyone is posting.
Keep up the awesome job & keep chasing those goals.

How did it get to be the middle of October? if someone finds the answer, please let me know. Here's to another super week.
Let's go Red!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hooray Burg!

Nice job rwquilts and Elizabeth, too!

Now I'm starting to get worked up for my first 5k on Saturday. Mostly about the weather - 60% chance of rain as of now. Looks like the only day I'll be able to run this week is tomorrow or Tuesday, so I think I'll run Tuesday, and do yoga the rest of the week.

Wish me luck!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Way to go Red Team!!

Riddy - you will have a blast running the 5k (even in the rain)! The atmosphere at a race is so inspiring! Have fun!

Week 7 here we come!!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

way to go red team!!! hope everyone has a great week for week 8!! i know i need to refocus!!!
have a great day!!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #5  

Hi team-
Hope your week has started off well.
I'm fighting a cold which just pisses me off as I *hate* being sick.
Don't want to drink my water when my throat hurts, but have no other choice. Grumpy anyone? LOL

Eating has been fairly on plan, we went for Japansese food on the weekend. had some sushi & odon (noodles) and only one piece of tempura shrimp.

Can we continue these big team losses each week? Time will tell.

What is keeping you motivated through this challenge? Do you focus on a daily basis little by little or are you looking at the bigger picture?
My immediate goal is to break 150 lbs. Not sure when it will happen, but that is what I am driving towards- whatever it takes.

Go RED!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #6  

Hope everyone is doing well.
Had a busy day looking at quickbooks & trying to learn accounting for our soccer club- not sure I'm up for it.
Cold is settling in- it's inevitable- sigh, but at least I don't feel like eating everything in sight.

Found Sweet Cinnamon Chee Cha Puffs snack in the store- check out these stats: 2 cups < 92 calories!! LOVE
Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I totally skidded off the rails last week, and I'm having the dickens of a time getting back on. But I'm back to drinking my water, and getting in 30 minutes of walking, so maybe I'll be able to get my diet under control. I don't know if it is the start of cold weather or what, but I've been eating everything! I wanted something sweet the other day, but didn't have anything in the house, so I ended up eating 1/4 of a bag of shredded coconut! wth, lol! It is only 8 weeks until my vacation, and I NEED to lose 20lbs! I've got to get back in gear.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #8  

Monte-yes it is the cold weather. I think it is ingrained in our dna as the weather gets cooler, the days get shorter that we have to get ready & build our fat stores. Either that or I'm part bear & getting ready to hibernate! LOL
You CAN do it! One step at a time.

I have eaten many 'different' things to satisfy a craving I was having.
I have determined I must have some sort of oral fixation as I like the sensation of crunching & chewing food because I then feel that I've eaten more and therefore feel more satisfied=full. It still doesn't deal with the fact that it's all about portion control but then I may feel denied so I choose snacks that let me satisfy my 'need' (ie.- binge) for food- like those CheCha Snacks- I can eat the whole bag for 450 calories, where as if i did that with a bag of regular chips I'd never recover.
Wow- obviously I have food issues! But at lease I'm aware of them.LOL

Meanwhile- on my quest to not weigh myself each day where I have thus far failed miserably. I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 149.6. A number which I haven't seen in over a year & it made me do a happy dance
Sorry I'm rambling - back to work. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday.

Last edited by CanadaMel; 10-18-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #9  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaMel View Post

What is keeping you motivated through this challenge? Do you focus on a daily basis little by little or are you looking at the bigger picture?
My immediate goal is to break 150 lbs. Not sure when it will happen, but that is what I am driving towards- whatever it takes.

Go RED!
woohooo come on mel, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #10  

Aw thanks rainbow !

2nd day in a row <150, can it be true? If it happens again tomorrow, then it's going in the history books

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!
Just starting my second cup of coffee & we have a beautiful day weather wise here in Calgary. Need to make the most of it as our forcast for tomorrow is dismal.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

YAYYYYYY MEL YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!

Breaking 150 -- WAY to GO!!!

Hi Everyone -- I'm so sorry I've been so absent and have fallen off the grid......but I've been good, even though eating on the run. I only have a .5 loss to post this week, but I just made veggie beef soup which is almost fat free so I should have another loss this next week.

I have been in the warp speed lane this last week. Last weekend I was involved with playing music for a couple of churches who didn't have a pianist plus went to a conference AND then went to work. whew....glad that day is over....

then our choir director asked us to be involved in some rehearsals and then sing in a choir for 3 tv tapings on thursday night......so did that....and then today I ran around and did errands, cooking, laundry....you know how it is...AND now it is time for my workweek again.....bleahhhhhh

But this team is doing well. Some great losses. YAYYY Burg, Riddy and RWquilts....

One thing I have been doing is eating on the run this last week which is probably why only the .5 lb.....so I did a lot of cooking and am going to have my soup and also cut out bread this week..., AND while on the run this week, I had way too much diet soda instead of drinking more water.....

Can ya'all believe it is PAST the middle of October already? Oh my gosh, life is getting ready to get amazingly busy from now till 12-31-12.

Again, Mel delighted you broke the 150 barrier....that's a biggie....and again team you are doing very well.....

let's keep our focus even when we get bozo busy, and remember to drink you water!!

Red Team Hug!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Hi Team!

Mel - so happy that you've broken 150! woo hoo!

I am over the moon today because I officially weigh 1 lb less than I did when I got pregnant over 5 years ago!!! So so so so happy! That puts me at 46 lbs lost in exactly 4 months! The best part is that I don't feel like I'm sacrificing anything, just that I am gaining so much fitness!

This challenge is so motivating and I already can't wait for a new one in the new year!!

Way to go red team!!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

Yahoo Mel on 150!!!!!

I'm still riding my personal roller coaster - up as of today from last week. Here's hoping the scale will be a little nicer to me tomorrow.

My first 5k race was today! I was a little slower than my usual pace at home alone, but I don't care. I was with a friend who hadn't trained, and I decided I would rather have company than a good finish time. I ran the whole thing, which was my goal. I had a few friends show up to cheer me on near the finish line, which felt great. I'm so proud of myself!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Roller coaster for me, too. I got my flu shot the day before my weigh in, though, which was less than smart. It made me sooooooooooooo thirsty, to the point where I must have had a couple gallons of water in addition to what I usually drink!

So ... I have a burning, burning question: I'm going to the Maryland Rennaissance Faire tomorrow -- what does one eat when one doesn't want to ingest a day's worth of calories???? All I remember seeing last year are funnel cakes and cheesecake on a stick.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #15  
Shrinking Chick

Hey Shanhat,
I don't know about the MD renfest, but the PA one has a pickle booth, which also has pickled eggs. I was able to find 1 vendor @PA with a salad, but I had to hunt it down on the map. A turkey leg is too big, but easy to find at almost every festival of any sort I've been to. If I get desperate, I'll get a burger or steak sandwich and not eat the bun. The last Irish fest I went to had a Greek food vendor - I got a huge salad with gyro meat - yummy! But the Renfests tend to have more period vendors, so I'd say a turkey leg is your best bet.

Have fun! And definitely scope out the map before you're starving. :P

Last edited by Riddy; 10-20-2012 at 04:26 PM.