Old 09-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Fall Back to Basics CHAT Thread Week 5 (09/24-09/30)

And here are the Red Team's Preliminary Results for week 4.

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the official weekly results here

As a team we lost 20.4 pounds or 0.47% IMPRESSIVE!!

Our Biggest Loser: was hahnj (-3.8 lbs, 1.56%) but she didn't post on the chat thread so our biggest Loser was drumroll please....................
Elizabeth779 (-4 lbs, 1.38%)

Honourable Mentions: rwquilts (-2 lbs, 1.31%)

west coast rosa (-3 lbs, 1.30%)

rainbow smiles (-2.5 lbs, 0.79%)

Well done everyone!
Even while having challenging weeks- EVERYONE did great!!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 09-23-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: see ticker

Way to go Elizabeth! Yay for Rwquilys westcoastrosa and rainbow smiles too!
I had a rough week this week.
Started TOM and the elliptical at my gym broke. I hate doing the bike and I'm doing c25k three days a week already. So my only option is workout DVDs or walking on the treadmill, which I find incredibly boring. Tomorrow is a c25k day, but I'll probably do a video Tuesday. I hate when my weight stalls. I get so frustrated with it.
Does anyone else have this issue? It should motivate me more, but it just makes me a grumpy Gus. Hopefully the video will perk me up

Last edited by mamamiaa; 09-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Great job, Elizabeth, rwquilts, rosa and rainbow and hahnj!

mamamiaa, I SO hear you on both counts!
I'm still slightly up from 2 weeks ago, and I'm TICKED. I think it might be time to switch things up a little. Medifast suggested I move to a 4 & 2 plan as I increased my exercise (4 MF meals and 2 full meals of real food), but increasing calories scares me. But now I think it's time.
And I'm really bummed about not being able to go to yoga class with my filleted finger. I'm hoping to try on Friday.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

OHHHHHHHHHH MY GOSH......didn't ever think for even a second I would be a "loser" because of the weight I had gained.....thank you.....

AND congrats HAHNJ for losing the most percentaqge of weight....congrats to rwquilts, rosa, rainbow smiles.....

well it's interesting but that little success feels encouraging.....hmmmmm....like that feeling.

well that veggie beef soup, and eating fresh fruits and veggies seemed to work, so I'm going to do it again this week.....my foot is hurting (plantar fasciitis), but think I'll take more naprosyn and go to the gym anyway and do some non weightbearing exercise.

And really need to drink more water....we had another birthday weekend this weekend -- my 22 year old son's, and we had company also....so we went out for japanese tepanaki....and that stuff was SOOOO SALTY!!!!

We all do need to keep up with our water drinking, even though it's not so hot outside....

so let's all have a good week. This is my last week before my schedule changes and I'll be working weekends (Saturday through Tuesday) for the next three months.

So Here's to Red Team (raising glass) -- Let's GOOOOOOOO TEAM and have another great and healthy weight loss week!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Way to go red team!!! Keep up the good work everyone!!!

I am going to have to stay really focused on my nutrition and exercise this week because I am going to the mainland on Saturday to visit some friends and there is a 100% chance of adult beverages!

This weekend was amazing. Our date night was really fun. We went out to eat, to a roller derby bout, and slept in until 930am!! Then tonight I went and saw The Shins in concert. Awesome show!

I feel energized for the week ahead
Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Way to go red team! We are kicking butt this challenge!!

My goal for this week is to get back to onderland...I know that is a pretty big goal (almost 5lbs) but I really really want to get out of the 200s before October.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 09-24-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

GO RED!!

i am so pleased to be a part of a wonderful team...and it just does my heart glad to know that

WE ARE ALL MAKING THIS A TEAM EFFORT!!!

lets make it a RECORD WEIGHT LOSS WEEK THIS WEEK!!!

i know we can do it!!!! we all have the strength and determination,
all we need to do is dig into our focus and ask ourselves,
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS ANYWAY~!!!
WE CAN DO THIS!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats to all if us for making it through anirher week, successful or not. We're here and giving it our best shot. I took a day off from the gym yesterday and ate at O'Charleys too. Was pleasantly suprised on the scale this morning
Old 09-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #10  

I went to my massage therapy appointment this morning and will be going to physio tomorrow (thank you extended medical benefits ). Looks like with a couple sessions, keeping with the eliptical and some strength training exercises I should be right as rain and able to run my 8k on October 7th!! I am so relieved and soooo excited!! The bad news is that my running partner fell during a run and broke her rib on the weekend, so she is out of the race .

I hope all of you are having a great start to your week!

rainbowsmiles - how was your first ever 5k?!?

CanadaMel - how was your 10k?!?
Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #11  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast rosa View Post

rainbowsmiles - how was your first ever 5k?!?
as i crossed the finish line, tears were coming down my face...
i was truly proud of myself!! i often find myself proud of so many peoples accomplishments and journey's but don't often find myself proud of ME....but at that finish line...i was proud of ME!!

scratch that off my bucket list!! woot woot

i sooooo wish i had the full video of me crossing the finish line...dh started filming but accidentally hit the standby button...so this is all i have....the last section was UPHILL...but i RAN!!! until i crossed that finish line!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/8023542372/

i made a promise to myself....3 things...to not quit, to NOT be last if i could avoid it, and to try to finish in under 1 hour. it had been taking me 25 mins on my 1 mile walk so i knew that was a bit of a stretch!!!

OOOO HAPPY DANCE!!!

i had a BLAST!!! there were about 250 people....and the excitement was wonderful...you could just "feel" the buzz in the air!!

i was NOT TOO HAPPY when i heard we had to WALK 1/2 MILE just to get to the START LINE!!! sheeeeesh!! hahaha

At the start....the buzzer went off and i was passed by rocket ships!!!!! just a blur on each side of me....and by the time the blur subsided....i looked ahead and the PACK....was turning the first corner!!! WOW!!!! that is some serious runners ya'll!!!

so....on i went....then i got passed by some KIDS!!! some kids ya'll....some little kids!!! hahaha

so i thought, ok, i need to RUN some if i don't want to be last!! so i ran about 250 steps...and thought i was gonna pass out!! haha its 8 am in the morning, we've been up since 5:30 and got there at 7 am!! and i'm still half asleep!! back to walking....

then more people passed me...i hit mile marker 1....it took way longer than i expected!!! but i was feeling good despite having just been passed by a lady PUSHING A BABY IN A STROLLER...AND her daughter maybe about 8 or 9!!!...both running!! so i tried running some more....not too far just enough to know that someone was still behind me!!!

onwards i go....sheeesh....how far is that 2 mile marker!!! finally...there it is...at this point i have been passed by just about everyone!! haha and i was really feeling my thighs burn....but i pressed onwards!! i looked back and could see no one....except this security man on a segway....bringing up the rear!! i had my head down and my dh said, listen....this is YOUR RACE...its not about beating anyone, its not about form or fashion, it is about YOU, now keep your head UP...look up!!! and lets do this!! that really really helped me!!

mile 2.5 was a water station...and i took 2 glasses because i was hot and thirsty and the ladies all looked a bit alarmed when they saw me...as did everyone along the route!! my face was BEET RED!! i have to say, it was cool having people cheer you on though!!

i rounded the last corner at that 2.5 mark and felt stronger. then....there was the 3 mile marker and i knew i was almost done. i was walking at a snails pace by now!! yes i was feeling some major pain in my left hip!!!

according to my watch, it was already over an hour, so i didn't worry about rushing....except....i didn't remember at that moment that we didn't actually start on time...so with .2 tenths of a mile to go, i could see the clock....

nigel had run ahead to video me crossing the finish line...and he was yelling RUN, SUSAN RUN....i felt like FOREST GUMP!!! so what did i do??? i RAN!!!

as i got closer i could see a 57 on the clock...WHAT....57 minutes!! then i ran harder and crossed the finish line at 59:09!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so no records were broken by me that day...even so, i was pretty proud!!....

oh....the fastest man finished in 17 mins and the fasted lady finished in 21 mins!! i can't even imagine!!!!!!!

STILL....I DID NOT QUIT, I WAS NOT LAST (ok so i was 4th from last but i was not last!!!) and I FINISHED IN UNDER 1 HOUR!!! 59:09 what a lovely number!!!!!!!!![/CENTER]

ps....i almost forgot...when they first started the race....they talked about the 5k and said...I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU ATHLETES FOR BEING HERE!!! so, just for the record, I'M AN ATHLETE NOW!! hahahaha JUST KIDDING!!!

one of the highlights of the 5k...was meeting Debbie Daniels...she was on the tv show HEAVY...

(http://www.aetv.com/heavy/weight-loss-bios/debbie.jsp)

truly, one of the sweetest ladies i've ever had the pleasure to meet!!! we had been fb friends for some time...so finally MIRL was so special!!!!

here we are at the 3 mile mark!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #12  

CONGRATULATIONS, rainbowsmiles!!!!

You don't need to run at a certain speed or win any awards to be a runner or an athlete. All you have to do is get out there and do it!! WOO HOO!!!

Last edited by westcoast rosa; 09-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Rosa, so glad you're going to get patched up before your race!

Rwquilts - glad you had a nice "day off". I know I need them every now and then.

Montecristo - I think it's great to have a goal, but don't get down on yourself if you don't reach it by your self-inflicted deadline. It could happen, but your body could also decide to hold on to a bunch of water, or poop, or whatever. Just keep up the good work and know you will be rewarded, eventually.

Rainbow, hooray you! I'm so proud of you! I signed up to do my first 5K on October 20th, but now a friend wants me to do the Komen run on the 6th. I think I'm going to do it!

I'm going running tomorrow morning before work. I've run 5k 3 times now, but I feel the need to reassure myself I really can run the whole thing.

It's a little scary eating more on my revised plan, but it was nice to not still be hungry after lunch today. I really hope this is what my body needs. Meal planning just got a lot more involved, though - now I have to figure out 2 whole meals of real food a day!

Keep it up, red chicks!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

I'm here. Just got home from a 3 hour long soccer meeting- indoor season is starting up shortly and I'm managing Meg's team.

Rainbow- job well done! Way to go!! great race recap too.

Rosa- yay for PT & being able to run your race. Sorry to hear about your training partner.

Riddy- you can do it. Real food isn't too scary

My race went well. Warmer than i liked. Got separated from my running buddy and we didn't meet back up. My goal was an hour and I nearly got it. Ran in 1:03:48 (I take chip time over gun time). Okay I'm bushed. I'll be back tomorrow.
Have a great night all!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Mamamia – sorry to hear your elliptical is broke….i know how it is about getting attached to a certain machine….my gym has an elliptical that is seated…it’s called “octane” something. Hang in there gal!

Riddy – how is the finger doing? You’re taking good care of that are you (giving you the big sis look)! I think maybe increasing your MD plan even though it is a few more calories might shake something up a little and help you lose....I might pull up the fitday and try running numbers on 4 protein shakes and 2 real meals to see what that looks like calorie count wise….it means I’d have to cart the shakes in plastic containers to work…maybe I could partially freeze them would keep them from separating or something….(hmmmm rambling, sorry). Do y ou keep those real meals pretty simple….is that a protein and veggie, or do you add any rice or fruit? (Curious minds wanna know)

Westcoastrosa – glad you had a fun date…ROLLER derby? I saw one of those a long time ago – it was WILD….good for you for staying focused and planning ahead for your weekend adult beverages….that’s banking up your calories (and nutrition!) Glad you had good news so you can run your 8K. That’s too bad about your running partner….a broken rib can HURT….owwwwzaaaa, nope she won’t be running 8K for a while….tell her we hope she gets better soon and to take good care of herself.

Montecristo – GO GO GO!!! 5 pounds from onderland….just go for it and keep us posted….we’ll celebrate with you too…..I’ll even have an adult beverage for that! (a glass of wine).

Rwquilts…pleasantly surprised as in a weight loss? (sorry I’m slow…I need it spelled out) lol..

Rainbowsmiles – oh my gosh – thank you for the story – when I got to the part what your hub said to you it made me cry….and I’m so glad you finished..AND you finished under an hour!!! You ROCK GAL! You ROCK!

Mel – THREE HOUR SOCCER MEETING?????? Holy COW! I had even 30 to 45 minute meetings at work….can’t imagine such a meeting.....wow….you must be a SAINT! Congrats on your race time – it was CLOSE to 1 hour…..(passing you an adult beverage gal -- I figure after a race AND the meeting you could use it!)

Good job Red Team – and everyone remember to drink your water! Hug.