Old 01-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

BethC - Hang in there we're all here for you.

Tkkoz - Thanks for the kind words. The challenge ends April 1st... which coincides with the end of the tv show.

Have a great evening Blue Team !
Old 01-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #32  
~Kim~

Post period week is becoming something to look forward to for me. I had a giant, more than I expected whoosh this week. I'm breezing through the 190's and it feels awesome! =)

I hope everyone has a great weighin!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 01-29-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #33  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

TooManyDimples - congrats on the smaller jean size!!!!! That's fantastic! I am so proud of you!

Yesterday wasn't very good for me. We went to buy a minivan to replace the Ford Expedition that I lost in a wreck on 12/27 (which was not my fault and no one was hurt). We ended up spending about 6 hours at the dealership and came home with a 2004 Honda Odyssey EX minivan. We love it!!!!!!!! After we came to an agreement on the price the dealer had agreed to perform a front end alignment on it. While we were waiting for that to be done we went to get lunch. The first place we came to was a Mexican place. So my eating was not very healthy yesterday. Still, the scale today (I weigh daily to see where I am) is less than it was on Friday.

One of my Office Biggest Loser teammates has challenged me to see if she can double her weight loss this week. She lost a pound. I am also going to try but I doubt I can double a 3.6 pound loss. I'm still going to increase my exercise and be vigilant about food choices and see if the scale will at least show a larger loss this week than last.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Was hoping to be able to report a loss this week, but TOM arrived today and flattened me out in terms of progress! Glad to at least not report an increase, anyway! Already getting rather busy heading back to work and projects, but doing my best to stay on top of things. Spent a lot of today cleaning, so at least I'm starting out February with a fairly neat living space! (Well, my bedroom and desk still have a ways to go, but I'm feeling better about the state of my house, at least.)

Leslie: Glad to hear of your post-vacay loss! That happens to me every time I visit the US and return to Taiwan, actually. I gain a lot there, but then manage to lose it back rather quickly. And the hike was lovely! Gorgeous views of the city from the (near) top of the mountain. A bit more strenuous than I'd expected though, since it's practically straight up a mountain via a zillion stairs that vary in height and don't always have rails to hold onto. I was really ragged by the last major push to the top, so I decided to let the others go on ahead while I stuck around at a lower viewing point. I hadn't expected it to be so rough! My heart was certainly pounding, enough for me to be worried about pushing it too hard. The others found the hike challenging, too, but none of them had my weight to carry up the mountain, so I was the only one lagging.

But now I know what to expect. What I'd like to do is go back and hit the trail again by myself a few times - a good way to improve my fitness, and a fairly decent measure of my progress, since presumably the trail should get easier each time. I've got the next 3 Saturdays free, so I'm seriously considering making those hike days!

One thing I'm beginning to realize, though, is how much easier it was to stay in shape when I lived in a small town in the mountains! Almost every street in town was on an incline, as well as the college campus, so there was always opportunity for a "hike" if you wanted one. Now that I'm in a city with the hills/mountains all at the outskirts, I have to travel to find a natural incline. The only hiking I can do regularly is the stairs to my 4th-floor apartment or up from the metro stations!

Good luck with weigh-in, everyone! Let's get back on top!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #35  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Leslie Great to hear the weight is gone, whoop! Good luck to your hubby in chasing his dream, well done him! Yes, I'm really looking forward to ironing out creases in my routine next week, and then I'll be fully on it from there onwards.

BethC I hope you're feeling better soon, hang on in there. Sounds like you're doing great still managing to record a loss this week. hugs!

Tkkoz Good luck for weigh in

Toomanydimples Congrats on the whoosh

Healthymewannabe Yay to the new van! And don't worry about the Mexican food, we all still have to live, and a 'normal' meal here and there is all part of that, and I firmly believe will help us to keep this up long term

Slowrunner I also did some sorting out yesterday, hoping to finish it later, I want everything clean and tidy! SOrry to hear you didn't record a loss, but as you say, no gain is the most important thing.

Good luck to everyone still to weigh in! Let's win this thing this week

I'm really happy I managed to lose at all this week, 1.5lb down. Hoping to be fully back on track now. Went to pump class this morning, and done lots of walking today which is great.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone
Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #36  

Good Sunday Blue Team !

Hope everyone has had a good weekend... it's been very quiet around here. I'm really looking forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow. I'm going to start slow and take a water aerobics class and see how it goes from there.

TooManyDimples - Congratulations on the whoosh !

HealthyMeWannabe - Congratulations on the new vehicle. One meal off plan is all okay... the big thing is to not beat yourself up about it.

slowrunner - That hike sounds intense. You'll be able to do it... no doubt you will make it happen.

takingcontrol - Congratulations on your loss. Look at you getting it done and going to pump class.

Have a great Sunday all... and a good weigh-in.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #37  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Leslie I'm LOVING the exercise, never thought I'd say that! Anything in the water is my favourite. You get a work out, minus the sweaty red face! Enjoy your wateraerobics class, I've got hydrojog tomorrow, love it!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 209/209/165

Height: 5'9

Great job everyone! Sorry I have been MIA, my schedule has been crazy and I literally am either working or sleeping at this point..and I have managed to catch something in the process. Only one more week of this crazy schedule.

Leslie: Congrats on the post-vacay weightloss

Toomanydimples: Awesome! What a wonderful feeling!

BethC: Feel better!

Rachelm: Congrats on the 40! Great job!

Quilter: That is so great you can start exercising again!

Lambiechop: Great job staying 100% on plan for so long, that is quite an accomplishment

Slowrunner: Good job on maintaining, all the planned hikes ahead sound awesome

Taking control: Great job on the loss and all the activity this morning! Good luck with your new term

HealthyMe: Good luck this week with your extra challenge!

Rainydays: Congrats on the 95! Hope everything goes well with your interview

Tkkoz: Hope you are feeling better and able to eat/drink more now

Hope eveyone is having a great weekend, and has a great week ahead!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #39  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

LeslieB: Thanks! I'm looking forward to going home from work soon so I can take my dog for a nice, long walk! Let's see if I wear him out again. He was so tired after tha last 3 mile one we did, but he's a trooper and did well anyway.

Tkkoz: Feel better soon!

takingcontrol: Thank you! I love my new van! Tonight after I get home I am going to burn off some of that Mexican food by going for a walk with my dog.

erinmg: Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing how well I do with it!

Last edited by HealthyMeWannabe; 01-29-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 01-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #40  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

sorry about the gain. I needed a break, I have not been feeling well.

I hope you all have a great week next week.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #41  

Chat thread for Week 5:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...ml#post4194716