Old 12-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team 2012 Resolution Revolution CHAT Thread Week 1 (01/01-01/8)

Hello Blue Team!

My name is Leslie & I'm the Blue Team leader.

I am fairly new to this challenge but look forward helping in anyway I can.

I am 46 in 11 days and started on this lifestyle journey in May of 2011. I have always been fat. When I graduated from high school I was 310 lbs. I am currently at the lowest weight I can ever remember being and getting healthier by the day

My husband and I just graduated from a program at our gym called the 20/20 lifestyles program and it's changed our lives considerably. Becoming active and facing my binge eating issues have been enlightening and freeing. Life rocks !

I find setting goals and sticking with them are difficult so this challenge is great for the accountability and support.

We have a LOT of new faces around this time. Please introduce yourself.
Each week there will be a new chat thread, exercise thread & nutrition thread. You can participate as much or as little as you like, but you must post at least once per week on the chat thread to be considered the biggest loser that week. Weight loss is calculated by % of body weight lost (# of pounds lost/weight)*100

I look forward to getting to know everyone. Let's go Blue Team!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:46 PM   #2  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Hi, I'm Steph. This is my first board wide BL Challenge, although I did win my team's title on the 20-something's board this month

I'm 27, I've been heavy most of my life. Graduated high school at 220, got married a year later, had some pretty crappy stuff happen, got really depressed, ate my feelings, and hit my high weight of 320 in 2006. I lost about 130 lbs and put about 75 back on. I started here in May 2011 at 259, lost 13 lbs and took a break for the rest of the summer. I recommitted on September 4, 2011 after my husband deployed.

My husband will be returning soon and he hasn't seen me since I restarted. I've lost almost 50 lbs since then and I can't wait to introduce him to his new wife!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #3  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Hi, I'm Dora and sadly, I have been here many times, lost and gained. But I am more hopeful because as Steph said, I eat my feelings, and I have found a program to help me address these issues that I believe will work for me. And, I'm beginning to believe in me, and am learning to love myself, no matter how I look. I have a lot to learn, mostly about myself. While doing all this, I need you guys to be my stream of accountability. Looking forward to all our success.

Last edited by Doragone; 12-31-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #4  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Guys!

I'm Kate, 26 from the UK (this kinda sounds like a dating ad or something!) Well I guess my weightloss journey started properly this time last year, when I made a New Year's Resolution and actually stuck to it which was quite something for me! I did a biggest loser challenge in the 20 somethings forum and it was great. I literally saw myself disappearing in the months the challenge was on, and I couldn't believe it! Unfortunately, I moved from Thailand (where I'd been living for three years) back to the UK in April, and my plan had been so structured around my Thai lifestyle it kind of fell apart here. I did keep at it the best I could at first, and lost a little more weight until the summer. Then I worked on a residential teaching programme for a couple of months, and lived in and had all my food provided, drank far too much, got back into snacking and generally fell back off the wagon.

In September I tried to get back on it, but uni (I started studying for an MA) has completely shocked me. The workload is nothing like undergrad, and it's taken over, meaning that my diet/exercise/lifestyle work has all gone of of the window. I maintained pretty well for a couple of months, but then in the last few weeks pretty much lost it completely and the weight has started creeping back on.

SOooooo I'm so looking forward to this challenge to give me back my focus, I can't wait!

Although, I go on holiday on Monday until Sunday (but will be back in time for weigh in thankfully!) I just wont get good numbers in the first week, although after that I'm fully on it for the next 11 weeks, I PROMISE!

LeslieB Nice to meet you, thanks for looking after us all! It's great you've got your husband supporting you. This time, as well as using 3FC I've got a real life diet and exercise buddy as moral support too, and I'm hoping it'll make a big difference. Good luck in keeping shedding those pounds, you're doing great!

LambieChop Wow, you've lost so much so far, well done! Congrats on the 20 somethings challenge win!!! I can't wait to hear what your husband's reaction is when he's next home, 50lb, he's going to be amazed! I love your way of seeing it as a 'new wife', do you feel like you've also changed on the inside? Good luck for the challenge
Old 12-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #5  

Hi Dora! Sorry, I rambled so much in my post I missed yours! It sounds like you've got the exact right attitude sorting things out from the inside first. Good luck with finding a way to love yourself I hope the program works. I think this challenge will be great for accountability, I look forward to getting to know you and sharing in your successes as we go!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #6  
Paso a paso

S/C/G: 264/Ticker/160

Height: 1.65

Hello everyone
I'm Ly from Dominican Republic, currently living in Mexico. This is my first time in this game but i have been in several games on an spanish board. My weight loss started on oct 2010 with 265 pounds, today my weight was 220.

I was in shape almost my whole but when i moved here i gained a lot.

I'm currently on a ketogenic diet, i eat 30 net carbs (like 60-70 total) per day from saturday to thursday. On friday i eat almost anything but high carb low fat (for example pasta, tacos or rice). I started lifting weights 2 years ago, but started to do more cardio in december. I lift, do fasted cardio, post lifting cardio and body pump from time to time.

Happy to met all of you =)
Old 12-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #7  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Leslie- Nice to meet you. Nice to see another Washingtonian. It's great that you and your husband are doing the weight loss thing together.

Doragone- I really had to come to terms with the emotional aspect of things before I could start again. It's been rough and I still binge sometimes for emotional reasons but at least I've come to terms with it and know that's why.

Takingcontrol- Yes. I've definitely changed on the inside as well as the outside. I had to do a lot of soul searching and cut a lot of negative people out of my life to get this far. I'm lonely sometimes since my best friend (my husband) is on the other side of the world but I have my children to focus on. I decided I needed to concentrate on being a better mom and be happy with who I am. How cool that you've gotten to travel so much. My husband and I want to travel to Phuket in 2013.

Speaking of kids I didn't put them in my intro, lol. I have a 6 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. I've been married for almost 9 years and I've been with my husband 14 (since I was 12).
Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #8  

So, here it is! 2012! Good morning guys, and Happy New Year! Let's make it a great one, go Blue Team Go!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #9  
~Kim~

Hey everyone. I'm Kim, been on 3FC for a while now and this is my 3rd time doing the BL challenge. I've never managed to finish one before. I was doing pretty good in the last one when my life decided to take an ugly turn and I stopped reporting. I didn't stop losing weight though and this morning I'm at a brand new low weight that I haven't seen in a very long time, and I'm so excited that I'm on the threshold of crossing over into Onderland! 2011 was a big year for me. I managed to lose and maintain about a 50lb weightloss. I've never been able to do that before and I really credit 3FC for being a support system that I've been able to depend on every time I fell off the wagon or just needed some extra motivation. I'm incredibly focused right now and I know that 2012 is going to be the year I finally get the body I've been dreaming about for most of my life. I fully plan on starting it off by being the biggest loser for this challenge.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm so excited about this challenge and I'm very happy to meet all the team members. My history, I always maintained my weight between 130-140 during high school & college. I was 150 pounds when I met my husband in 1999. I started gaining weight after my dad died in 2000. I was 175 when I got married a year later. I've been on every 'diet' that I could read about, I've lost 30-40 pounds quickly and then put them back on again and then some. My heaviest weight reached 233 pounds three years ago. Due to health reasons, I cut out greasy, fried foods and I dropped 20 pounds. I've been slowly trying to change my eating habits and have found that counting calories works for me. I measure all my food and have logged the calories in a notebook. I recently found myfitnesspal.com and have started using the android application as well. I am 44 but feel much older. I've started exercising so that I can lose weight and I've started reading about nutrition to be able to eat healthier. I joined 3fc for motivation and inspiration. I want to feel 20 years younger by the time I reach my goal weight.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Happy New Year Blue Team !

I hope you all had a great end of 2011 and beginning of 2012. We hosted a party last night and partied like rock stars. We had a great time with our friends and welcomed in the new year admirably. It's the first time hubby and I have had alcohol in 9 months. Today will be house clean up then rest day.

Lambiechop - Welcome to the challenge and congratulations on winning the title on the other challenge !

Dora - Welcome... glad to see you here ! You've definitely come to the right place for support and accountability.

takingcontrol - Hi Kate ! Glad to see you here. It's invaluable to have a buddy who you can go to and be accountable to.

Lyla - Welcome to the challenge ! Congratulations on your loss so far.

TooManyDimples - Hi Kim ! Congratulations on your great loss... and we look forward to seeing you reach Onderland !

seaurchin - Welcome ! It's great to meet you.

Have a great day Blue Team and stay strong... we will do this !

Last edited by LeslieB; 01-01-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #12  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Hello everybody!
I'm Quilly, I am an American living in Sweden. I've been in a few BL challenges before, I usually finish them, but rarely lose much. For a very long time, my weight did not fluctuate no matter what I did. I never gained nor lost even if I binged or dieted. Now, however, I've somehow managed to gain quite a bit, and I'm at the heaviest I've ever been.

So, here we go! Starting out again, with bright hopes and happy enthusiasm! I've got a few new mental tricks up my sleeve for this one and I've found some exercise classes I can take too, which I'm really looking forward to, so let's get started on the new year!!! Wooo!

Let's go blue!
Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #13  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Hi!

I actually had a really good end of the year. I met 2 girlfriends just past midnight for a 4 mile run to kick it off right!

Welcome all!

Leslie - can I make a housekeeping request? When you start the new chat threads each week would it be possible to paste a link in the old thread? I am airbrained enough that I often just see no new posts on my subscribed threads and forget that its because there is a new thread.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #14  
Sue

Happy New Year Blue Team!

Everyone seems to be on the right track. I ended last year lighter than I started so I am happy about that. I am ready to get lighter and stronger this year. Best of luck team mates.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #15  

Hi All!

Well, I'm not off to a flying start, going on holiday tomorrow means I'm basically going to be a week behind. But, when I get back this time next week, I'll be sooooo ready to crack on and help the Blues to victory!!!! Should hopefully be quite an active holiday though, and I'm better at not snacking when I'm away than when I'm off plan at home, soooooo might not be too bad, we'll see! This week I'm opting out of the exercise/diet thread because I won't be able to access the internet to fill them in. But, cant wait to use them in week 2 and beyond, great for accountability!

Lyla Welcome! As well as getting thin and fit this year, I also want to learn Spanish, I might be asking for your help!

Toomanydimples Fab start to the year, well done you for seeing that all time low, WHOOP! Sounds like you're in a great place to do great things this year, yay!

Seaurchin Good luck for the challenge, it sounds like everything is coming together nicely for you. I hope the new plan works out and I look forward to sharing in your weightloss journey

QUillysQuest Welcome! It's great to know that even when you're not seeing results you'd like you still stick at challenges, that's half the battle I'm sure. I really hope that you can find a plan/lifestyle that works for you and you start to lose, I hope this challenge will help you to achieve that, good luck!

Ennay AWESOME start to the year, you go girl!