3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 7 (2/21-2/27) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/226193-red-team-nyny-2011-chat-thread-week-7-2-21-2-27-a.html)

MadamButterfly 02-27-2011 01:23 PM

IT'S WEIGH IN DAY !!!!!

OK ladies, February is basically OVER and March is upon us and that means

SPRING IS COMING
:woohoo:
ONLY 3 WEEKS UNTIL SPRING OFFICIALLY ARRIVES . . .

ARE YOU READY!!!

Rainbow; Oh, I love all your signs, still laughing at the COW . . . oh my
I was reading the one with "No excuses, no double standards, no FUDGING . . . and the word
"FUDGING" is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE and all I could think about was making a pan of FUDGE . . . OH NO, that would NOT be GOOD . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

LadyinWeighting: hang in there, it WILL come . . . patience, patience . . . if nothing else this journey will teach me patience with myself . . . <sigh> I'm working on it . . .

Courtney; I'm staying out of your way this week, you might run us all over . . . I'd love to see pics of the garden tooooooooo. I really like the japanese maples . . . soooooo pretty . . .

Shan; I hope the weather clears up soon . . . although I'd love for it to rain for a few days . . . just snow now . . . that's OK, SPRING IS COMING!!

Skinnycow; you must be one of a handful of people who don't work for the government . . . I LOVE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, wish I could work for them, travel and take pics and write the stories that go along with it . . . ahhhhhhh to dream

Angie; I think I'm going to look up the C25K this afternoon, I need some outdoor stuff besides my bike and Spring will be here before you know it . .
EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!

CharlieJune 02-27-2011 06:41 PM

I haven't been on for a few days because I've been so sick and I knew all I'd post is whine, whine, whine. LOL Anyway, I had made it to 239 last Sunday and didn't think for a minute that I'd keep it but I got on this morning and saw 238. What this means is the goal I had set for myself-to be in the 30s by March 1 has been realized. I still feel like crap BUT I did it. For the first time in so, so long, I am in the 30s. Congratulations to all of you who saw a loss, the same number or even a small gain. By being here, that means you're still trying. Who can ask for more than that? GO RED!

Sindaena 02-27-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieJune (Post 3733397)
I haven't been on for a few days because I've been so sick and I knew all I'd post is whine, whine, whine. LOL Anyway, I had made it to 239 last Sunday and didn't think for a minute that I'd keep it but I got on this morning and saw 238. What this means is the goal I had set for myself-to be in the 30s by March 1 has been realized. I still feel like crap BUT I did it. For the first time in so, so long, I am in the 30s. Congratulations to all of you who saw a loss, the same number or even a small gain. By being here, that means you're still trying. Who can ask for more than that? GO RED!

Gratz CharlieJune!! :bravo:

Go RED TEAM!

CourtneyDaisey 02-27-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 3732830)

I LOVE IT!!!!! I am totally printing this out!!!!

CourtneyDaisey 02-27-2011 08:02 PM

CharlieJune - :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I will be joining you there this week, I promise!!!!! :hug:

Green with Envy Challenge!!!!
So, how are the greens coming along folks? Today I had veggie fajitas for lunch. YUM YUM YUM!!!!! I am honestly still full so probably won't have much of a dinner. I am making a huge pot of lentil soup in my Crock Pot right now though. It smells oh so good!!!!! It has lentils, corn, black beans, crushed tomatoes, carrots, fresh basil, vegetable stock, water, and garlic. Oh, and some salt and pepper for taste. It smells divine! I can't wait to have some tomorrow! And yesterday I had veggie sushi for lunch. Also yum! How about you? Are you eating your greens? What about the green savings? Have you come up with some plans to save some cash? Today I went shopping at Kroger instead of Wal-Mart and bought a TON of food. Lots of fresh produce, canned veggies, almond milk, gluten-free flour, fruit...and only spent $78.45! For me, that's really good!!!! Usually our trips to the grocery store run us over $100 easily. Granted we already had a pack of chicken in the freezer so we didn't buy any meat, but still! I probably will just bake the chicken for my family.

I have a menu planned out this week for what I plan to eat. There will be no eating out at ALL this week...even Subway! :cheer:

shan84 02-27-2011 08:06 PM

I posted a huge gain this week. I'm sorry about it for myself because I know exactly why it happened. So here's the deal, I've been very quiet this challenge compared to my past 5 challenges because I feel like other people have kind of come in and tried to take over. I have no problem with friendly competition however, the original idea for the Biggest Loser Challenge was to have a place where ANYONE could come and get support and encouragement. It's also a place for people to connect together in a positive way. We are checking into setting up additional guidelines for thread postings because this challenge's red team has been a little overly aggressive not just towards the other team but also towards other team members. As bigmid posted, do not attack anyone or make suggestive remarks when you do not know the whole story of everyone's lives. I have led this team for the past 4 challenges and during that time I have lost over 100lbs. This challenge has been totally different for me and part of that is because I feel like I have been being attacked and as a team leader, I do not feel like I'm a part of this team. I will be honest and say we have lost team members because of the aggressive approach of other's on our team. I think since we are halfway through the challenge this week we need to re-focus and use these threads for what they are intended to be.

Yes, part of this posting is personal, but the other part is me stepping in as team leader saying we need to cool it down. Look back at past challenges over the past 9 challenges even and you will see the kind of love, encouragement, support that is shared by everyone. That is the purpose of these threads. I think its great that everyone participates, but we need to try to change the way we "talk"/type as members and as a team.

Go Big Red!:hug:

Angie 02-27-2011 08:12 PM

Hey everyone! I went out for lunch as well and did much better than I did last Saturday, I stuck with chicken and salad and veggies; last week I had soup, which was on plan for me, but no doubt was full of sodium. I took DS to a bday party, then ran out and did a bit more shopping while he was there (does that count as exercise?), then came home and had a light dinner. Just finished doing my Week 1, Day 2 workout for my C25K program -- I just started to feel a little sore from doing it yesterday, so I stretched a bit and did it again. If I feel up to it I think I'll do it every day for now while it's a lighter running load -- I know later my body will need the rest more.

I feel like I'm retaining water, my feel feel swollen, but I'm not going to stress about minor fluctuations this week...I know that my sore muscles might also hold some water; I'm eating well, I'm exercising, so I'll put my faith in those good choices and wait for the results to show up on the scale.

Courtney Daisy -- I have three greens to report today: Romaine lettuce, zucchini and broccoli slaw! :lucky:

Angie 02-27-2011 08:29 PM

Shan -- I'm so sorry you've been feeling that way. I noticed that you were much less present than in the last challenge, but I had figured you probably had something else you needed to focus on right now. I'm sorry to hear that you've felt outside the team. The extreme competition mode is not my cup of tea either, I'm not interested in slagging the other team and I don't participate in it. What I hope to get out of this thread is support and motivation, and i hope to offer the same to the others. I have to admit that I was taken aback at first at the different tone of the thread this time around, but I figured it can't always be exactly suited to my style, and I'd just try to work with it. I've come to enjoy the motivation, but I'm really saddened to hear that people have left the challenge as a result. Thanks for putting your feelings out there and opening up the discussion.

peanutt 02-27-2011 08:40 PM

I don't personally think that any of the posting, even if it's being judged to be crossing a line, was ever done with malicious intent or the intention of "taking over". I think that people have been trying to participate and have fun, not setting out to ruin the challenge or drive people away. I'm sorry there have been hurt feelings. Shan, I honestly haven't seen anyone personally attacking you. I'm sorry you're feeling that way. If anything I've said or done has crossed a line, I'd ask the leaders to address me directly with their concerns via PM.

That said, I've elected to take a freebie this week. See you all next week. Things have to get better from here.

Bigmid 02-27-2011 09:38 PM

Hi RED Team I would also like to say that I agree with Shannon as some of the comments were out of hand and some even downright mean. I really don't think that any of it was meant that way but we all need to take on some personal accountability before we post. Read the comment and look at it as someone else would before you hit the post reply button.

I also agree with peanutt and if any other posts come up that seem offensive we as team leaders will be sending a PM to the people that posted the comment.

In no way does this mean don't post please let us all know what challanges you are facing, how your day was, all of your victories, and kudos to your teammates. It's just a reminder that if you have tips, tricks that worked for you and triggers that set you off it does not mean you can say the same is true for others. Many factors set off a gain, a maintain, or a loss, these are all indivdual and it will always be that way.

That said everyone please enjoy the rest of this challange, I for one am really hoping that spring is around the corner. We had 2 okay days and now we are heading back to -20's and snow:( So want to get outside and run again.

Angie I encourage you to think about the rest days in C25K, I did the program and absolutly loved it (can't wait to get back out there again) but the runs get longer in a very short time and even the easy ones require the proper rest in between. Good luck I hope you love it too.