3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 7 (2/21-2/27) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/226193-red-team-nyny-2011-chat-thread-week-7-2-21-2-27-a.html)

Bigmid 02-26-2011 01:20 AM

Hi just want to let you know that I have posted the results

I would also just like to say that I think these challanges are great when used the way they are intended.....going back a bit on the posts I feel some of the comments posted here are starting to lean a bit on the mean spirited side of things. When making comments on peoples posts please make sure you have all the facts before you decide to pass judgement on to others. I'm not on this team but I take offense to some of the comments. This may not have been the way they were intended and I hope it's not. Please remember that we are all in this together and that no one is perfect otherwise none of us would be here. Please think about going back to just being supportive of one another.

Angie 02-26-2011 09:06 AM

Thanks Big-Mid, I don't enjoy the challenge as much either when it's so competitive. For me I get the most enjoyment out of a good spirited close race. Any thoughts on having one big team in future rounds with recognition for the biggest loser in the overall group each week?

I do love all the support and encouragement in our red team this round, you guys are really helping to keep my head in the game, and I love to get a little kick in the pants when I deserve it!

Finally! I'm down 2.2 today and finally below 220, only by 2 oz, but still, I saw 219.8 this morning on the scale. I hope that means I'm done with the weirdness of the last week but will still be keeping a close eye on sodium going forward. Yesterday I decided to invest in some new clothes (aka retail therapy), but all a bit small or tight right now...this should help keep me motivated as I want to wear these for a trip to Vegas in May. I bought all size 14 or large and I got 2 pairs of shorts (1 ballet pink, 1 khaki), two cardigans (1 ballet pink, 1 brown), two linen shift dresses (1 black, 1 white) and a light plum top. I shopped at Old Navy so it wasn't too expensive, but still was more money than I've spent on clothes at one time in a loooonnnngggg time.

JayTee 02-26-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmid (Post 3730980)
Hi just want to let you know that I have posted the results

I would also just like to say that I think these challanges are great when used the way they are intended.....going back a bit on the posts I feel some of the comments posted here are starting to lean a bit on the mean spirited side of things. When making comments on peoples posts please make sure you have all the facts before you decide to pass judgement on to others. I'm not on this team but I take offense to some of the comments. This may not have been the way they were intended and I hope it's not. Please remember that we are all in this together and that no one is perfect otherwise none of us would be here. Please think about going back to just being supportive of one another.

More motivation. Thanks!

Angie 02-26-2011 11:06 AM

Hey guys -- I'm really excited because I just did my first C25K workout, and I am fine. I didn't hurt when I did it, I wasn't incredibly out of breath, I didn't die. I don't know what I was so afraid of...I feel terrific now that I've done it. Can't wait to do the next one!

skinnycow126 02-26-2011 11:39 AM

Happy weekend all!!! I had a great day on the scale today and wish you all the same!!!!

JayTee 02-26-2011 12:14 PM

BlueEyes, Angie, Sindaena, Rated, Rainbow, Skinny, & MyBody -- nice job getting your weigh-ins posted early. Congrats all!

MadamButterfly 02-26-2011 12:24 PM

WEIGH-IN TOMORROW, DON'T FORGET TO POST!!

I did my last chance workout, JM 30-day-shred, Zumba Flat abs and then JM No More Trouble Zones (albeit I only did 27 minutes . . . it's a killer)!!!

Angie: :congrat: for getting out of the 220's . . . keep at it and you'll be in ONE-DER LAND before you know it!!!! and on the "RETAIL THERAPY" I LOVE IT!!! I bought a few new shirts/pants/jeans about 2 months ago and they ALL fit me now . . . it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD . . . OK now I see people writing about this C25K . . . what is it????? (yea I know, not so bright here . . . DUH)

JayTee: There you are, I thought maybe you got stuck in another snow drift . . . oh it looks like I'm going to make my 2 pound pledge this week . . . :woohoo: I'm so glad because i didn't want you and rainbow to chase me with that helicopter . . . :yikes:

skinnycow: hope work settles down for you soon, but I wouldn't count on it . . . hmmmmmmmm you live in D.C., you MUST work for the government (I grew up in the D.C. area, on the Maryland side) . . . oh I bet you have your hands full with work . . . I have my fingers :crossed: for your weigh-in today. As far as the yoga/pilates clothing . . . I have no idea, but I am thinking comfortable and stretchable . . . (I'm all about the comfort)

Desi: Where are you???? Did we EVER find you . . .

Rainbow . . . I love all the inspirational sayings . . . they help me SOOOOO much!!! Keep us goin' woman . . . you are our :cheer:
OK, IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE YOUR LAST CHANCE WORKOUT,
THEN IT'S TIME TO GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND MELT SOME MORE
BUTT-ER!!!!!

Angie 02-26-2011 02:35 PM

Susan -- Thank you! I'm really motivated to do well pre-Vegas, I'll see some colleagues there that I haven't seen in a long time and I want to knock their socks off! You are pretty determined; you'll have that last .3 (and I bet a few more oz) gone by tomorrow. I was so glad that my weigh in today was less than last week that I just took it, I'm not gambling on tomorrow...lol. How is your pneumonia? Are you feeling much better? Don't put pressure on yourself if your body still needs rest.

MadameButterfly -- Thanks! I was in the 220's far too long :) The shopping was great, and i love picking how the 'new me' will dress...lots of neutrals and khakis with some ballet pink, cream and light blue...very pretty palate I think. The C25K is short for "Couch to 5 Kilometres"...I'd never heard of it until a couple of months ago either. Here is a good explanation of it:

Quote:

The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks running program C25K, is a fantastic program that's been designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks.

Its secret is that it's a gentle introduction to getting the body moving, starting off alternating between walking and running small distances, and slowly building up until after 8 weeks, you're ready to run 5 kilometers or 30 minutes non stop.
I know lots of people who have used this program and become avid runners; I would love to find a way to love exercise. Most of the people I know who did this were total couch potatoes, so I'm willing to believe it's not out of reach for me either. The great thing is that you can get it totally free...I found a free ipod app for it, but there is tonnes of free info on the internet too.

CourtneyDaisey 02-26-2011 05:36 PM

GOOD AFTERNOON RED TEAM!!!!!

I sincerely apologize for being MIA on Friday. I was so busy at work. Our receptionist was on vacation so I had to cover the front desk for half of my day. It was extremely busy and consequently very little of my own work got done even though I did try.

This morning I was busy outside. My friend and I were tilling our land for gardens. Mine is all planted and pretty! I have all sorts of colorful flowers in my yard now. I can't wait until everything fills out and looks all gorgeous! My husband liked it too. He saw it when he got home and said that he liked what I had done with the yard. :) Yay!

On the car side, we did get our Expedition back on Friday morning. Turns out the starter relay was messed up and we now have a new one. It's so good to have the car fixed again! Now to get the other one fixed and all will be good. I have to return my dad's truck to him tomorrow. It will be sad to have to give it back. It's such an awesome truck! Well, someday my husband and I will have one like it. ;)

Tomorrow is weigh in. I am also crampy so Aunt Flo should (unfortunately) be visiting soon. Ick. I don't expect great things for my weigh in tomorrow at all, but that's okay. Next week WILL be better because there's won't be any Golden Corral in my immediate future! :broc:

kris2008 02-26-2011 06:17 PM

I like the competitiveness! Go team!

skinnycow126 02-26-2011 07:51 PM

Madam- Awesome that you are from Maryland. A great deal of my friends/coworkers are from Bethesda... I actually don't work for the government (one of the few who doesn't), but instead at National Geographic.... a lovely job, but stressful this past week.

Angie- Couch to 5K looks fabulous. You'll do amazing!

Courtney- I am super jealous of the garden. If I had the space, I would definitely have one. Such a great hobby. So glad everything has worked out with the cars!

Jaytee- Thanks! Good luck on your own weigh-in!!

Rainbowsmiles- YOU make me smile everyday!!! Way to go with the motivation!!!

Tonight I'm in NYC for a friend's birthday. I'm hoping for a fun night that doesn't end in late night eating!!!

shan84 02-26-2011 08:29 PM

Hey Red Team-

Hope your having a good weekend. It's raining here in SK and will be for the next three days. Hope everyone has a good weigh in tomorrow. Good luck!

More detailed post coming next thread.

CourtneyDaisey 02-27-2011 08:37 AM

Skinnycow & MadameGoo - Thanks! :D Once my husband gets home and helps me find where the cord went that will let me connect my cell phone to the computer I will upload pics of the flower garden. I took a peek out there this morning. It's so nice to have a little color in the yard! I can't wait to see that this itty bitty Japanese Maple will look like in a few years! It will just be gorgeous!

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!

It's Sunday and you all know what that means. WEIGH IN DAY!!!!! Even if the number is a gain (like mine this week) go post it! Right now! Remember, we would rather see you gain and stay in this competition than not post and be eliminated. I gained 1.6 this week. It was due to some bad choices made earlier this week and Aunt Flo knocking on my door this morning. Next week though WILL be my week! I will get the hack out of the 240's next week!

I have recommitted myself fully 110% this morning! I am making excuses and letting myself lose and gain the same stupid five pounds. Enough is enough! I want to reach my goals and I can't do that making excuses! I can't do that saying "Oh I can eat this unhealthy meal because I did good the rest of the day." That mentality doesn't cut it. Also, I know my husband and I are back down to one car but I can't let that be an excuse not to get to the gym. We ARE in fact paying an extra $10 a month for day care there as well. So we need to BOTH start using it. That means when it's 4:30PM I get my tail out the door, go pick him up if he's also off at 4:30PM, go get Brenna, and both of us get to the gym and get in an hour or hour and a half before the gym day care closes for the evening. Or on the nights when Nick has to close I can stop by and work out for an hour before I go pick up Brenna from her regular day care. NO EXCUSES!!!! I am thinking back to Sarge's photo of the yelling drill sergeant and the photo of the word EXCUSES with the slash through it that I printed out and have hanging above my monitor at work in my cubicle.

I've been making excuses. The car's broken. My husband's working. Brenna's tired/hungry/etc. I need to get the laundry done. Oh...WHATEVER! Courtney Daisey, just SHUT UP AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!! What the :censored: are you doing?!?!?!?!?

So there. As Sarge says...NO EXCUSES!!!!! And as Larry the Cable Guy also says...

http://www.movieeye.com/celebrity_ad...uy-r950701.jpg

GIT R DONE!!!!!

ladyinweighting 02-27-2011 09:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry - I am stuck at same weight for the last 4 weeks. Sometimes, on weekdays, I am down 1 lb, but never on weigh-in day.

This week I plan to up my exercise significantly. Hopefully, by next Sunday, I will be down a pound.

Lynn

JayTee 02-27-2011 12:31 PM

Rainbow--you continue to amaze me. You're such a great motivator!

Great job ladies on the weigh-ins so far!

Also, I don't know if any of you saw the new show "Shedding for the Wedding" on WGN on Wednesday nites. It's so cute and has funny challenges like the "til death do us part" elimination challenge. I tape all the weight loss shows and only allow myself to watch them while walking the treadmill. It's way less boring that way.