3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 7 (2/21-2/27) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/226193-red-team-nyny-2011-chat-thread-week-7-2-21-2-27-a.html)

JayTee 02-22-2011 06:40 PM

UPDATING SARGE'S TOTE BOARD WITH ANOTHER RECRUIT!!!

JayTee --- WILL lose 2lbs.
Peanutt --- WILL lose 1lb.
CharlieJune --- WILL lose 1lb.
Rainbow --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
Courtney --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
SkinnyCow --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
MadameGooey --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
Wendychic --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
CanadaMel --- WILL lose .5 lbs.
Wen --- WILL lose 2 lbs.

THIS KEEPS SARGE HAPPY, WHICH IS OF COURSE IS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!

Eat Green! Drink Water! Stay on Plan! Tomorrow is Hump Day of Hump Week. I hear it's a magical time when many NSV's arrive for everyone!

Carry on!

:drill:

CharlieJune 02-22-2011 07:09 PM

Okay, who said it comes in threes?? I have had the flu since sunday and today my little girl's test came back positive for it as well. This. Is. Tough.

CourtneyDaisey 02-23-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kneed2lose (Post 3724977)
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]

What food is your weakness and how do you do you ladies stop yourself from eating it??

My food weakness is cheesecake. I love it. I have no willpower when it comes to cheesecake. Whether it's slices of it, New York Style, French Style, with strawberries, in a Dairy Queen Blizzard...it doesn't matter. If cheesecake is there I will eat it...and eat a lot of it.

My solution: I don't buy it and do my best to avoid it if I see it. Working for a food service provider, we get to sample foods quite often from vendors. There's a guy who comes around from King's Cheesecakes from time to time with samples. Oh my God are those cheesecakes GOOD!!!! I see him and wish I could sneak an entire cheesecake into my purse and take it home. (It wouldn't make it home because I'd be in that box so FAST!) So when I see him I have to just go hang at my desk and not walk by his table or I'll be getting samples all day long.

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!

:cheer: It's Hump Day of Hump Week!!!! Can you believe we're halfway through this challenge? So...it's time for some introspection. Look at how you've done so far. Are you happy with your results so far? Or (like me) do you see things that need improvement so you can achieve your goals for participating? I definitely am not pleased with my progress so far. I know the cause of it. Not getting to the gym enough and eating way too much of "the bad stuff" is causing me to lose and gain the same stupid five pounds over and over again. I'm so tired of that!

Remember...as my friend Allison told me... "Losing weight isn't a 'sometime' thing. You have to give it 110% every day to be successful." Are you giving that 110% every day? I know I haven't been. I've gotten into a rut where I do fabulously at work. I even make it to the gym some. But then I get home and "reward" myself with bad foods for being so good all day...which basically undoes all of my hard work throughout the day. That's the peril of being me. One bad choice at the table can undo hours of hard work! I also am letting my family guide me into bad food choices. No one else in my house is (really) trying to lose weight. So we have pie, cake, Girl Scout Cookies, sodas, and gobs of unhealthy food choices there as well. That also makes it tougher for me at home than it does during the day at work. Still, I can't let my family's choice to eat this way affect me. I can still take a little extra time to cook myself a healthier choice. If they want chicken fettucine alfredo, I can make the same noodles but top mine with marinara sauce and mushrooms instead of the chicken and fat-filled alfredo sauce. It won't take that much extra work, in spite of what I tell myself. So let's persevere!!! :cheer: Push away that birthday cake! Get off that couch! Turn off that computer (but don't forget to come back and share how your days went and weigh in on time)!

Green with Envy Challenge
How are you coming along with eating your greens? I ate lots of green yesterday with my veggie sushi and big salad for dinner! Today I will probably be paying a visit to Subway for a veggie sub for lunch. No mayo either! Spicy mustard and oil and vinegar will be my condiments of choice on lots of veggies. Dinner tonight is still up in the air. I have to think about what I want to fix.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! And hopefully Friday I will get a package from Amazon with my new laptop power cord! Then I'll have a working computer at home again! :broc: :broc: :broc: I hope my blog readers aren't upser at me for not being able to blog over the past couple of weeks. The blog sites are blocked from my work computer (but 3FC isn't). So I can post here but not on my blog. Come on Friday! Come on power cord! :dance:

JayTee 02-23-2011 08:42 AM

RISE & SHINE! IT'S HUMP DAY OF HUMP WEEK!!!
Which calls for a special image!

http://img3.photographersdirect.com/.../pd2100763.jpg

If you're done laughing, I'll build on what Courtney posted earlier. We've accomplished so much already, the Red team alone has lost over 335 lbs! But, we have a long road ahead of us. For some this whole diet and exercise thing is getting easier, but for others it's still a daily struggle.

STAY TOUGH TEAM! ARMY TOUGH! YOU CAN DO IT!

Carry On!

skinnycow126 02-23-2011 09:30 AM

Good morning red team! I hope everyone gets a chance to eat their green today!!!!

Tonight I am trying zumba for the very first time. Should be fun!!

MadamButterfly 02-23-2011 12:59 PM

Oh My

SARGE JAYTEE . . . LOVE THOSE CAMELS WITH HUMPS ON HUMP DAY OF HUMP WEEK . . . OH MY . . . . OH MY GOODNESS

WOW, THE RED TEAM HAS LOST 335 POUNDS, MELTED AWAY IN THE FORM OF . .

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS . .

1340 STICKS O BUTT-ER . . .

OMG, THAT'S A LOT O BUTT-ER

Now we are half way, but we still have half way to go, which means continuing for those who are on track and and OPPORTUNITY for those of us who are struggling . . . so let's just DO IT!!!

Skinnycow . . . ZUMBA . . . :belly: I LOVE ZUMBA, let us know how you like it . . . are you doing DVDs, Wii or a class . . . I haven't done a class yet, but I think it would be GREAT FUN!!

Food weakness . . . hmmmmm, CHOCOLATE and Ummmmmm CHOCOLATE and CHOCOLATE . . . I am so addicted to it . . . I still eat chocolate . . . 5 dark chocolate kisses a day . . . MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! Needless to say I don't stay away from it . . . BUT I do use some controls so I can still enjoy . . . can you say strawberries dipped in chocolate, chocolate cheese cake, chocolate fountains, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, chocolate easter bunnies, chocolate hearts . . . chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge on top, and chocolate brownies and . . . . OK I need to change the subject or I'm gonna be in BIG, BIG TROUBLE . . . :lol3:

Courtney: WTG on control with the cheesecake . . . I'd be stuffing it in my purse and then crawling into my purse after it . . . OH MY . . .

Rainbow: are you down and out again . . . OH NO!!

CharlieJune: Hang in there girl . . . YOU ARE TOUGHER (as Rainbow said) . . . YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Everyone have a HAPPY HUMP DAY IN HUMP WEEK . . . LET'S HUMP IT OUT (OH MY . . . ) :o

CourtneyDaisey 02-23-2011 04:04 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hahahahahahahaha!!! That was a good one Susan!!!

JayTee 02-23-2011 04:35 PM

In this battle we have two choices:

http://www.destinationraleigh.com/wp...asy-Button.png

OR

http://jillandkate.files.wordpress.c...asy-button.jpg

Oh, if it were only that easy...

JayTee 02-23-2011 04:38 PM

Hey Rainbow---glad you're back! There's no hanging head! There's plenty o'time until Sunday. I know you! I know you give it 110% everyday. Turning the corner...turning the corner to the second half of this marathon!

BlueEyes65 02-23-2011 06:46 PM

Hello Red Team:wave: Hope your all doing well. Me? Well I missed weigh in last week due to falling asleep.:( . I'm in this week, if need be I can edit it before or on Sunday...

Keep on going, in the end we all win!:carrot:

I have turkey meatloaves in the oven ( the muffin size ones) gotta love em ,:hungry: I can eat 2 of those babies for only 175 calories.(of course that's not all I will eat:)) Anyways they are about done. Gotta fly!

Good luck this week everyone.

peanutt 02-23-2011 07:26 PM

Do we know if we won this week or not yet? I'm hopeful!

I'm mostly over the cold/flu that knocked me down at the end of last week. I just have this nagging dry cough that's not going anywhere. I tried going for a brisk walk today at lunch and between the cough and the freezing cold air I was not a happy camper. Oh well, coughing is a good ab workout, right? ;)

Our fridge and cupboards are getting pretty bare since I spent the weekend in bed instead of doing my usual weekly menu plan and grocery shop. DH is going to hit up the store with me when he gets home from work. We're trying a new fruit or vegetable every time we go shopping - wonder what we'll end up with this week! We also have to pick up some cucumber and peanut butter.....those are Charlie's favorite human treats and it's his first birthday today!

Hope you're all well, teammates!

shan84 02-23-2011 08:38 PM

Hey ladies,

Results later today in a few hours. I've given one of our team members enough time to get back to me and no news so I am going to deal with it and post results soon.

Angie 02-23-2011 08:45 PM

Hi all. Rough weigh in for me today. I'm at 222, so up 1.2...up for the 3rd day in a row despite sticking to my plan. The only 'off' thing is that I ate restaurant food on the weekend (but was still on plan and within my calories), and yesterday I brought a rotisserie chicken home for dinner and ate 1 breast with salad. Nothing I haven't done in the past with better results. I'm going to try switching up some foods and see if I can get things moving again. I think I'll do some cooking on the weekend in order to make sure I have on plan food ready when needed. I'm soooo ready to be out of the 220s.

JayTee 02-23-2011 09:47 PM

OMG, I love cartoon Sarge running after one of his pledgees!

Fingers crossed on Red winning last weeks weigh-in. I think it's really, really close. Like . 02 ounces or something! And, Sarge HATES losing!

AngiE, Rainbow & others...WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!! 64 ounces a day at a minimum. It soooooo helps that melt that goo all the more quickly!

Peanutt -- glad you're back...coughing, but back!

Don't give up ladies. Don't give in. We're half way there!

P.S. Sarge hit ONEderland today! Hump day of hump week was indeed a magical day!

CharlieJune 02-23-2011 10:12 PM

Hoooraaaayyy, JayTee!! Peanutt, I totally relate to the coughing thing. I sound as if I have been smoking for seventy years when I cough. I am still so weak it's ridiculous and I am obsessing over how hard it was to get to two miles and now being unable to to exercise. I tried just using my hand weights today and with just a few reps, my chest felt like it was on fire from the exertion. We'll recover and come back better than ever though! Go RED!