Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Shan-Sorry about the anxiety thing. I hope the exercise helps you. I have anxiety problems myself. I don't think I could possibly take an airplane all the way to Korea!

Aclai-thanks for the margarita tip. Guess I will have to stick with the real thing!

I am off to the Y for a step class. Hope everybody's day is on plan
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #32  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning

Im exhausted this morning. We didn't get home from the baseball game until 1:30am, there was a 2 hour rain delay which really sucked because i had my meals all planned out but by the time 11:30 came around i was really hungry. Im usually asleep by that time. DH got a cheeseburger meal and all four of us had some, i had about three bites of a cheeseburger then a small hand full of fries and felt better. Before the hamburger i had about 1350 calories wise so im estimating my calories after words around 1700-1800 so im still happy with my self. We also spent a lot of time walking around so i know i got rid of some of those extra calories...

I plan on getting in a nice power walk later on the treadmill today and thats it..im too tired..

Everyone have a great day
Old 06-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #33  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Lightbulb

Hi all,

I almost forgot to check-in tonight. I had such a CRAZY day! All I've been thinking about for hours is jumping in the bed and going to sleep.

Stressed out and tired as I was today, I managed to stay "mostly" OP. Think I went over my calorie allowance by about 250 cals. Not going to worry about that too much cause it could have been a whole lot worst. On the upside, I had a great workout this morning. I even increased the weight of the dumbbells.

Going to have to read this post again to see if it makes sense. Exhaustion is getting the best of me. Gotta run. Nite.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #34  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Evening ladies! Hope everyone is having a good week! I went to the running store for a gait analysis yesterday and (finally!) bought myself a new pair of shoes. Worked late yesterday though and didn't get to use them til today. I took the dog for our usual hour around the neighborhood after dinner. I admit, I must be turning into a health-nerd cause all day I was really looking forward to hitting the pavement and breaking in the new shoes! ...it didn't disappoint. I really love having the ME time and getting out into the fresh air. It's such a good feeling!

Aclai - thanks for the info - heading to Applebees with the girls tomorrow night. I would have been very tempted to try one of those!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:46 AM   #35  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 198/185/140

Height: 5'7"

Go red team...its nice to know that we won this time isnt it...lol
and congrants tina for being the bl keep it up.

well my week hasnt been so great my 10 month old son got a fever
of 104.7F. and wasnt feeling so great this week so he was literaly attached to me 24/7 but its ok im just glad he is getting better i hope the little bits of exercise i got to do while he was asleep will be enough....well hope you girls are dropping the pounds and staying on task i wish you all the best.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #36  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Hello red team!

Holy crap.. i did a 10km hike last night! it was great! really nice views.. was just going to do 5km.. but the bf said why not finish it! It took us about 1h55min..
I got excited that it was starting to go down hilll.. then realized.. if were going down.. its going to go up and it did!!

I have been having a great week.. have been OP and getting my exercise in!

shan-anxiety sucks.. And over a year since you've seen your family! just think of how proud they will be of you! My parents live in Germany and by the time i get to go home it ill be a little over a year and a half.. so im hoping there jaws drop!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Hi Teamsters,

Having an on plan day. I spent two hours at the Y for body sculpting and zumba and my guesstimate is I used up around 600 calories for breakfast and lunch. The scale has stalled for the time being but I am working on my patience skills and holding out for the day it goes down again. I really want a smaller waistline and that is keeping me very motivated.

2phatinV-Good for you for finishing the 10K hike. Sounds fun.

r3yn-Glad to hear your little man is feeling better.

tina-Congrats on the new shoes. Sweet!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Hello red team Hope everyone is having a good week. I have been staying on plan all week with food and doing better with exercising. We finally had some sunshine this week so that helps perk up everyone around here . The weather really affects people. It's been a rainy June for us ,but today is hot and humid and we're under a tornado watch till 9:00 pm .

I'm off to get some supper going before hubby gets back for the weekend , and get a quick workout in.

Good luck ! Go red team

Last edited by BlueEyes65; 06-17-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #39  

HI Red Team,
Sorry I haven't been around much, I just haven't been on line much and anyway I had a 5 lb gain due to TOM and being on prednisone. I finally got the 5 lbs gone and now can start working on the rest. I got my dd's new room painted and it turned out so pretty, the perfect little girl's room. I painted it cream then sponge painted lavender and pink. I also got the wallpaper pulled off the dining room. it was only part way up and came off easy, but I will have to put something else up there, the wall behind isn't in very good shape at all. I'm going to start washing the walls and patching the plaster there and in the kitchen tomorrow. I would like to move in August if I can.
I am also officially unemployed as of today. I don't know what I'm going to do, I don't think I'll qualify for unemployment.

Hope everyone has a great week
BetteK
Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #40  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I went off plan last night and again today with lunch. I'm really stressed and beyond pissed off at work right now. I only have 7 working days left and I feel like if I survive them it will be a miracle. Our Korean boss is completely unprofessional and incapable of making sound and legit changes. He is making changes for no reason and the changes are not good. I'm SO ANGRY! Everytime one day is bad, I go home and say oh, it will be better tomrrow but then the next day he does something even WORSE! When does it stop? SOON!!!!

Yeah so because of that my diet is off plan. I'm going back on plan tonight. I might have to take a freebie this weekend if I can't get my weight back down. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Hope everyone is doing alright!

Bettek- Sorry about losing your job. My dad has been unemployed for more than 1 year now. Originally he received unemployment but when that new law didn't pass, it took away his unempolyment. It's been a real struggle for my mom being the only one working. They live in the upper/mid class in Phoenix and its rough even for lots of their friends. Good luck! I'll pray for your situation.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I'm at 175 today, so up 0.5lbs from last week. I'm a little disappointed in that, especially since I was 172 on Monday, but I did have pizza yesterday and TOM is on its way, so I know I'm bloated. And overall I'm down 3lbs in 3 weeks, so not too shabby. Things should be better next week as I'll be able to start back exercising.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 06-18-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #42  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

quick check in...

I've been OP all week and the scale was FINALLY down this morning .6 , not a lot but its the first loss since starting this challenge so im SO EXCITED about posting it sunday

Shan-Sending you hugs. I hope your boss gets his panties out of his butt soon
Hello to everyone...lets keep the ball rollin
Old 06-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #43  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like ths week has been rough on a few of us.

Shan - hang in there... you will be out of there soon.
BetteK - I can't imagine the stress you are feeling... my husband was unemployed off and on for almost 3 years and I was the sole income. I remember seeing how hard it was on him and how little he wanted to take care of himself... please keep taking care of yourself... it will help with your outlook on life (at least it did for my husband when I finally kicked his butt into gear and made him start giving a d@mn)

For me... my company is going to shuffle me around to a different department, stuff I will not know how to do, and nobody can tell me how perminant this position is. So my stress level is through the roof this week (I am the main bread winner by quite a bit and if something were to happen to my job we would be up a creek)... As of this morning I was up 1lb from last week, but my wieght has been fluctuating all week between down 1lb and up 1 lb... so who knows where it will settle Sunday morning. Hopefully after I leave today and have the weekend to relax a bit and get some housecleaning done I will drop some. We are going on vacation for about a week and a half soon and I may need my freebies then, so I don't want to use them now.

Side question: Since I will be out of town, I don't know how much if at all I will get to post in the weekly thread. I know we are supposed to post at least once a week, but if I am out of town and can't will I be disqualified?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Unhappy Quitting WW meetings (rant/sob-story-ish)

So tonight I'm going to dinner with the my sister and some friends to celebrate my first weekend in Nashville. We're going to a sushi place and I didn't want to worry about sodium hurting my weigh-in so I decided to weigh-in today. Now for those of you who don't know, I've been bouncing around between underemployment and unemployment since I graduated in Dec '08. So paying for WW has been quite the splurge. I get the monthly pass which is the cheepest option and allows you to (allegedly) attend any WW meeting in the country.

So today I went in for my first Nashville WW meeting, and I'm all nervous about if I'm going to like my new group and such. But I don't even make it past the front desk. I'm informed that this location is a franchise and doesn't accept the monthly pass. So I ask if she knows which locations in Nashville will accept my pass, and she tells me that this franchise owns every WW in middle Tennessee! So she informs me of the rates, which are of course more expensive than what I currently pay (not to mention don't include etools or the ability to move to other locations). It's really just too much. So apparently I'm quitting WW (officially, but still going to follow the program on my own). I cried for about 45 min. I know I can do this without the meetings, but they help a lot. I'm super-pissed right now.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #45  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

AMYMW- You won't be disqualified for not posting at all for one week. That rule means that if you and another person are in the running for the overall biggest loser title, and you missed posting one week and she posted every week, then she would win regardless of if her percentage is the same or lower than yours.

Aclai- Sorry to hear about the WW thing. Don't get discouraged though. I know you can do it! How about looking into just weight loss support groups in Nashville? Not paid ones. Just an idea.

Hello everyone I missed. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I've cooled off a little since my post yesterday. 7 working days to go and I'm out of here for my trip home. I really need to focus my time and energy on studying for my state certification test and not waste my energy on bull**** at work. So thats my plan for this weekend. Do what I can to study well this weekend. It's raining this weekend so my mood is a little blah, but I see sunshine forecasted soon. Woohoo!!