Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #16  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Isabella, Glad you are loving your new shoes! And Good luck with them push-ups! You totally put me to shame! Now I gotta try and catch up! LOL!

Dream, I am sorry you're struggling with the new schedule. I hope it gets better soon.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #17  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

I'll be at the inlaws/parents house. Not sure what the weight will do because I'm taking a rest week from exercise since I've been training pretty hard since June. I'm going to try and keep a close eye on my food though and hopefully the worst that will happen is maintaining.
I am going over to my sister house, always a bad food day. My mother and I are the only ones on the family with a weight problem, hence no diet foods, just the traditional fare.

This year, I just might prepare a couple of veggie dishes for myself and my mother, plus have some turkey.

Hopefully the "willpower" gods will be working that day.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #18  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello chickies!!!!

Diva - The walking partners are exactly what you need! Yay for you!! And that stupid TOM. He made me eat cookies last week too.

Retired - I'm glad the new shoes are working out for ya! I was so glad when I got mine. Those pushups sound interesting, I'll have to try some Can't wait to see those Popeye arms!!

Happening - You went on your vacation right? How was it?

Bigmid - Sounds like it was just some retention. It'll be all gone soon!!

Dream - A schedule change will do that to you. It'll sort itself out.

Back on the low end of the yo-yo again. 167.8 this morning. This freaking decade has been awful for me. I've been back and forth for the whole month between 169 & 167. I've got 7.8 pounds to go before the end of the month to make goal. We'll see, lol.

I did make myself do JM's BFBM video last night. I can never get that last circuit done though. I've apparently been out of exercising too long because I had a rough time with it and my legs are owie today. But, I like that sore feeling. Makes me know I got something out of it.

Oh - Forgot about our Thanksgiving plans! We're heading to my MIL's house in the mountains. I'm having to cook most of the side dishes though. MIL is a bad cook, lol. My plan is to just have a spoonful of everything. I've never been a big eater on Thanksgiving. I think too many choices makes me shut down and not eat. I'm weird I know, lol.

Last edited by Nella; 11-17-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #19  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Just dropping in to say hello and hope u all have a nice holiday if I don't come back in before then. I have tons of computer work for our business to do plus I'm planning to cook 3 meals in a bit to last us about 3 days because I have two of my babies all day except 3 hours or so I have only one because Emily is in Pre K half a day, and I try to cook and take care of the house and animals in that time. Barely keeping up alot of the time. Joy!! Then at nite I have my 3 plus our exchange student and 3 nites a week they have karate, but at least football and soccer are done for now. One soccer game left. And baseball starts in March or so.. Hope I can lose at least 10 lbs by then.

Mary, so sorry you are hurting again. Glad ur going to see a chiro. Should help, well I'd hope so at least.

Hi to each of you here. I am reading when I can and I'm laughing about everyone being in sync! That's funny, because my sis and mom and I were in sync when we lived or worked together but not other times. Funny that computing could do it too?? LOL!!! You never know!!

Well, you all take care, have a good one!! I'm still watching TBL and it's getting interesting. I was so sad when Abby went home, wasn't that her name? The sweet one who lost her family? I'm rooting for Shay some and Rebecca mostly, but I like most of them anyway.

Ok, bye for now!
Hugs, Selina
Old 11-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #20  

Hi everyone,

Diva - oreo's......yum but sorry about TOM
Nixmom - congratulations on your wedding and wow a 3min ceremony
Maryshady - sorry about TOM and the 1lb, I hope your back feels better soon
retiredone - popeye arms....LOL

Congratulations to Nella for being the biggest loser and to Echo, SweetScrumptious, and Instiches for being runner ups. Those were all good numbers you had.

Now I know I have no idea how the numbers are done or anything but our total team loss was 6.1lbs. The for winners total was 8.6 so I went into our weigh in thread to see if there were that many gains and so on. I came up with a -16.4 loss for the team. There were not that many gains posted. I'm sure that there is some sort of math I am missing but who knows. I added and subtracted from the 11/9 week.

Well I am off to get ready for work. Have a great week everyone.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #21  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

OK not to be a big whiny pants but isn't the deadline still Monday Night 12am? I got excluded from the stats last week and I lost something like 4lbs! (Edit: Oh wait last week was week 9? I'm confused! D'oh!) Was this last weeks stats or the week before?

"
BIGGEST LOSER

Nella - 2.4lbs (1.41%)

RUNNER UPS

Echo - 2.2lbs (1.37%)
Sweet Scrumptious - 2.0 (1.28%)
Instiches - 2.0lbs (0.96%)

TOTAL TEAM WEIGHT LOSS

6.1lbs

TOTAL TEAM WEIGHT LOSS PERCENTAGE

0.11%"

Last edited by Idealmuse; 11-17-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
OK not to be a big whiny pants but isn't the deadline still Monday Night 12am? I got excluded from the stats last week and I lost something like 4lbs! (Edit: Oh wait last week was week 9? I'm confused! D'oh!) Was this last weeks stats or the week before?

"
BIGGEST LOSER

Nella - 2.4lbs (1.41%)

RUNNER UPS

Echo - 2.2lbs (1.37%)
Sweet Scrumptious - 2.0 (1.28%)
Instiches - 2.0lbs (0.96%)

TOTAL TEAM WEIGHT LOSS

6.1lbs

TOTAL TEAM WEIGHT LOSS PERCENTAGE

0.11%"
This is from week 8. Not the week that just ended, but the previous one (weighin on 11/09/09) I don't believe that maryshady has calculated the stats for week 9 yet. If you don't hear from her in a couple of days let me know and I can give you the week 9 results.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 11-17-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
Now I know I have no idea how the numbers are done or anything but our total team loss was 6.1lbs. The for winners total was 8.6 so I went into our weigh in thread to see if there were that many gains and so on. I came up with a -16.4 loss for the team. There were not that many gains posted. I'm sure that there is some sort of math I am missing but who knows. I added and subtracted from the 11/9 week.
Did you compare week 8 and 7? The results you are looking at are for week 8 (weighin 11/09/09) so you would need to compare them to the previous week (weighin 11/02/09) to get matching results. I was a little confused too when I saw that the biggest losers loss was greater than the team total, there were a few gains......sometime you just have weeks like that. I haven't done week 9 yet (maryshady has taken over for Blue Team, but I still like to keep up with it, but I think the 16.4 that you are coming up with is for week 9 (weighin 11/16/09).
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #24  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

What does it mean when you are working ABOVE you target heart rate???? It was like that the entire time I was on the Elliptical today. I even tried slowing down, which was hard because I was feeling it! :P
Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #25  
Ironman in Training

Diva those target heart rates targets aren't really that accurate, so your going above yours probably isn't a big deal. I think I read they were based on Heart patients numbers or something like that, so they are on the conservative side for a lot of people... but the only way to really know it to do testing because everyone's body is different.

If I tried to stay in the range suggested I'd never get enough of a hard workout. Seriously... I forgot what my range is but I just did a lactate threshold test for my biking and got an average of 170 for an all out effort of 30mins.

I'd listen to your body though if you feel OK at the rate your at you're probably fine and if you slow down just so you can sit in the "range" then you might not be burning as many calories as you would like.

That fat burning zone thing is a myth - You burn more fat overall at higher intensity it's just that the percentage of fat is lower but the overall calories from fat will still be higher. Besides who cares if you burn carbs? Unused carbs just get stored in the body if not used up!

Last edited by Idealmuse; 11-17-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #26  
Ironman in Training

MonteCristo Thanks and sorry for the confusion... It's just that I saw that the numbers were posted yesterday and got confused.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #27  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Diva those target heart rates targets aren't really that accurate, so your going above yours probably isn't a big deal. I think I read they were based on Heart patients numbers or something like that, so they are on the conservative side for a lot of people... but the only way to really know it to do testing because everyone's body is different.

If I tried to stay in the range suggested I'd never get enough of a hard workout. Seriously... I forgot what my range is but I just did a lactate threshold test for my biking and got an average of 170 for an all out effort of 30mins.

I'd listen to your body though if you feel OK at the rate your at you're probably fine and if you slow down just so you can sit in the "range" then you might not be burning as many calories as you would like.

That fat burning zone thing is a myth - You burn more fat overall at higher intensity it's just that the percentage of fat is lower but the overall calories from fat will still be higher. Besides who cares if you burn carbs? Unused carbs just get stored in the body if not used up!
Thanks Muse. I actually felt fine during the entire workout, and because I tried slowing down to try and get the heart-rate down some I felt like I was slacking. I wanted to do what I wanted to do and that dang heart rate thing was pi$$ing me off. LOL! What's funny is, I didn't have an asthma attack until AFTER I was done on that and was doing leg curls on the machine thingy. LOL! We did have a forest fire in the mountains yesterday though, so the air was bad.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #28  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Good morning everyone,

I want to let you guys know that I have asked to be taken off the Blue team. My goals are not in sync with the club here and I don't want to hurt your goals with my weigh ins.

My new focus is exercise and strength, so I have found a different site and groups that I think will help me reach my goals.

Hugs to all, and I wish you all the best in reaching your goals.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #29  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy03 View Post
Good morning everyone,

I want to let you guys know that I have asked to be taken off the Blue team. My goals are not in sync with the club here and I don't want to hurt your goals with my weigh ins.

My new focus is exercise and strength, so I have found a different site and groups that I think will help me reach my goals.

Hugs to all, and I wish you all the best in reaching your goals.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #30  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Aww, Mercy! We'll miss ya! Good luck with your goals too!