Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #46  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgetfitNStrongforme View Post
Diva, hang in there we all struggle, no matter what team we are on, so don't give up.
[/B]
Hey Red! Thanks so much for the support. Just goes to show it can come from the most unexpected places. Nice to know you are still paying attention. Back at'cha!!! Also than you for the congratz to me team!!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #47  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
Sunni! There you are!! lol been worried bout you chicky... and I can so relate.. i derailed and went up a pound this past week as well.. it was tom, but tom has thankfully retreated and the scale is still saying 1lb up.... discouraging but I am determined to be backk on track this morning... and will workout today!!! I am hoping maybe be see the scale go down some by Monday morning.. but am trying to be realistic... agh...
You maybe retaining fluids because of TOM. I drink the below receipe each day before and during TOM and I swear by it.

Jillian Michaels Cranberry Diet Drink
The Biggest Loser trainer's own concoction to stay hydrated.

Yield: 60 ounces Ingredients

60 oz. distilled water
1 Tbsp. sugar free cranberry juice (not concentrated)
3 dandelion tea bag (boil water then steep tea bags in water for 15 minutes covered)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Instructions
1.Combine all ingredients
2.Drink throughout the day, each day

I hope this helps, btw you are doing great.

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 10-03-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Hey IgetFit... how much water do you steep the teabags in? .. and where did you get teh recipe?.. I see it is a JM recipe.. so I am curious where you found it.. lol thanks.. I think I am going to try it!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #49  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Quote:
Hey IgetFit... how much water do you steep the teabags in? .. and where did you get teh recipe?.. I see it is a JM recipe.. so I am curious where you found it.. lol thanks.. I think I am going to try it!
Well I make a gallon at a time, so boiled about 4 cups of the water and then steep all the tea bags for 15 minutes. When it's done steeping I pour the mixture back into the gallon jug along with the lemon juice and cranberry juice.

60 oz. distilled water
1 Tbsp. sugar free cranberry juice (not concentrated)
3 dandelion tea bags (boil water then steep tea bags in water for 15 minutes covered)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Instructions
1.Combine all ingredients
2.Drink throughout the day, each day

Jillian Michaels Weighs In

June 1st, 2009 3:53 pm

It’s a little odd seeing power trainer in anything other than workout wear. That, after all, is her trademark on The Biggest Loser, where she coaches and motivates contestants on a weekly basis.

A bestselling fitness and nutrition author, Jillian practices what she preaches. At age 12, she tipped the scales at 175, shedding pounds only after taking up martial arts a year later. Today, the 5-foot-2-inch star is 117 pounds of rock-hard muscle, thanks to a routine that includes the Brazilian martial art capoeira, kettle bells, running, yoga and biometric pull-ups. As she puts it, "I work my *** off!"

So how does she do it? Herewith, her tips for looking so fabulous day in and day out – and how to look hot before a big night out on the town.

Jillian’s Tricks of the trade when she has no time to work out: There’s no drinking whatsoever. A glass of wine at night, tequila shots, they go. I don’t get to have my organic peanut butter cups or eat as much, period.

If you’re going to trick, drink this: A margarita is 500 calories, so instead you can do the diet version that has 80 calories, with Patrón on the rocks, fresh lime and if you need it, a tiny splash of orange juice.

Tips for losing a dress size for a big date or event:

1. Take three to five days to prepare.

2. Drink a gallon of water a day with six tea bags of dandelion tea, all-natural cranberry juice and the juice of one lemon.

3. Eat asparagus and a little watermelon. The potassium helps flush water out.

4. No salt. Sodium-rich foods include cold cuts, most meat, anything processed.

5. Avoid tanning because the sun will dehydrate you. If you want color, go for a spray tan.

6. Work out.

7. Spend three 20-minute sessions in a sauna and sweat it out of your cells.

8. Avoid carbs.

9. Go to a spa and get a body wrap.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Thank You IgetFit!!!! I am going to try that as soon as I can find somewhere that sells the dandelion tea.. lol I have a friend int he city checking out health food stores there... they don't carry it here.. boo.. lol
Old 10-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #51  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Well today is Sunday in SK. You might know that means today is my weigh in day. Drumroll please................. I weighed in this morning at 339.5lbs. That's a 4.5lb loss for this week alone!!

I'm happy with that number. Extremely happy since I know I had my foul up on one night, and I also lacked in my exercise this week. But thats a huge number compared to what I was expecting. So I am going to enjoy it and move on to week 4 starting....NOW!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #52  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I was down a little more today, so I am hoping to be of some help at weigh-in. TOM is fast approaching so I hope it doesn't mess things up.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #53  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Red face

Quote:
Thank You IgetFit!!!! I am going to try that as soon as I can find somewhere that sells the dandelion tea.. lol I have a friend int he city checking out health food stores there... they don't carry it here.. boo.. lol

Hey Angela,

If you have a Whole Foods near by they carry dandelion root tea and both Amazon.com and Drugstore.com sell the brand (Traditional-Medicinals) I get from Whole Foods, please see the links below.

http://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Me.../dp/B0009F3S78

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...ELAID=61287801

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 10-03-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #54  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Hi guys! I'm back from my 3 week holiday, so it's time to jump back in and start chatting.

I didn't lose a lot, but I didn't gain either, so I'm pretty happy about that. Particularly since it was a food fest most of the time. I made some good choices, and splashed out on some not-so-good ones as well.

Saw my mother for the first time in 12 months (she lives on the other side of the country) and she told me I looked amazing! Last time she saw me I was 12kg (25lb) heavier. She's never said anything like that to me before. It's always been passive-aggressive advice about how I need to be more careful about my health. So that was a nice motivator.

No personals today, sorry. I'll catch up here once I've caught up on my laundry! 5 of us from 2 weeks is a lot of dirty clothes. Yuck...
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #55  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hope you all are doing well. I did a Heart Walk 5k walk yesterday and it was great. Even feeling a bit sore in my legs today. Ha. Anyway, I'm staying very busy and wanted to come by to see how the team was doing. Keep your heads up and keep up the good work. You guys rock. Go red!
Old 10-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #56  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I posted my wieght for the week. Lost 2.2 pounds. TOM is starting today or tomorrow. I am up a little, but only because of that. Good luck everyone!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #57  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Red face

Hello all,

I lost 2.4 pounds, I am not sure why I did so well, because I was bad with my diet twice this past week. But I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies. Sorry I have been MIA. My laptop crashed and I was reduced to getting online with my ipod. I finally just got my PC out of storage while the laptop is getting fixed so I can at least get online for the next few weeks.

Anyways, I am using a freebie this week. I have had TOM for 3 straight freakin weeks now and the scale is up this week again. I upped my calories this last week to try and help my body through this and get this weird TOM to go away, but the scale paid me back for those extra calories even more than the stupid TOM water gain I already got. I think TOM just ended today though, so am going to get back on regime today and I am really, really hoping for a big whoosh of weight to go away after these past 3 horrible weeks. So hopefully I will be able to really help our team in next weeks weigh in!
Well, hope everyone else is doing good and I promise to be more involved this upcoming week since I have internet again!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #59  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I'm up this WI. It's totally my fault and I accept that. This week will be better! I restarted my SparkPeople account today and I plan on going to the gym at least 3x this week. I start training for my new job tomorrow! Wish me luck girls, the whole at home thing is new territory for me and I'm a little nervous.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #60  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi all!

School and home have kept me SUPER busy. I'm taking a freebie this week: I didn't weigh in this morning. This was also the last week of my couch to 5k. So here's the plan for this week:

Run M, W, Fri
Weight: M, Thurs
Swim: Sun
Rest: Tuesday, Sat