Old 09-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #76  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hello Red Team friends!

I have three days of good eating under my belt and yesterday worked in the yard for over an hour pulling weeds. My legs and back are aching today - it's so awesome to be 45 and have your body get angry when you decide to do anything physical.

Sounds like everybody is getting in the challenge mood!! WOO HOO!!
Ellgee, I find the more I do the more I can do as far as exercise.

Go RED Team!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #77  

Hi Red Team,
It's great to see how active we are in talking to each other. I may not get here to post and write a lot of personals, but I do try to keep up on the reading.
It's going to be a great weekend, I get to combine 2 of my favorite things, I'm going to be demonstraiting basket weaving at a rennaissance faire for the next 2 weekends. The only problems I might have is what to eat. I'm going to be camping and working all day, I'm thinking about loading up on apples and bananas. I don't have a camp stove so I won't be able to get my eggs for breakfast on Sunday. It's only going to be about 3 meals I will have to worry about, and I'll take a sandwich for one of them, it should keep. Maybe a group will be going out on Saturday night and I'll make do with the fruit the rest of the time. I need to take my bodice in quite a bit, it is way too big now to hold anything up. I'll do it in the morning after my elliptical time. I want to pack everything up tomorrow so I can leave early on Saturday.

I hope everyone has a great weekend
Bette K
Old 09-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #78  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Just wanted to report in on a great day! I used dailyburn to count my calories and ended the day right on! So excited for tomorrow!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #79  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED

GO RED TEAM!!

Okay so to introduce myself. I'm 25 years old, I've been overweight since I was a kid and I'm finally trying to get fit -- I'm now around 203 lbs...I gained a few pounds after hitting 199 recently and falling off the wagon unfortunately..(not sure if it was water weight or not..) But now I'm sooooooooo ready to get back on track and push myself harder than before.

I grew up in a family where I was the only girl and at 5'8 the shortest sibling --so my brothers were all a bunch of big tall guys that ate football player portions which I ended up eating along with them too = ( of course leading to my weight gain at a young age. I've never stayed under 200 lbs since I was 14 and for this biggest loser challenge I just really want to get under and stay under 200 lbs. My ultimate goal is 150/160lbs. I really need accountability.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #80  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliyah View Post
I AM SOOOOO EXCITED

GO RED TEAM!!

Okay so to introduce myself. I'm 25 years old, I've been overweight since I was a kid and I'm finally trying to get fit -- I'm now around 203 lbs...I gained a few pounds after hitting 199 recently and falling off the wagon unfortunately..(not sure if it was water weight or not..) But now I'm sooooooooo ready to get back on track and push myself harder than before.

I grew up in a family where I was the only girl and at 5'8 the shortest sibling --so my brothers were all a bunch of big tall guys that ate football player portions which I ended up eating along with them too = ( of course leading to my weight gain at a young age. I've never stayed under 200 lbs since I was 14 and for this biggest loser challenge I just really want to get under and stay under 200 lbs. My ultimate goal is 150/160lbs. I really need accountability.
Caliyah, you are on the right team and in the place.

If you want to join the Red Team exercise exercise-food-accountablity here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...ml#post2920242

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 09-11-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I stayed totally on plan yesterday! Day 1 is in the bag!! Remember how I said it takes me an hour to burn 350 calories walking? See I usually walk with my Dad, and apparently I walk a lot faster by myself, because I ended up getting in my 350 burned in about 40 minutes! Of course I'm out of shape because I haven't walked since I got back from my hike in Scotland, so my heartrate is probably a little high, but that should fix itself quickly.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #82  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

MonteCristo~ Wow, crazy day! I also love crockpots!!! No more whining…

MissVitality~ Great job controlling yourself around the chocolate!

bradleys mom~ Thanks! I’m gonna try to order it either this weekend or sometime next week.

CanadaMel
~ Those are some great observations on your cravings!

Lizzyg
~ Getting under 200 is definitely still a good goal and I bet you can do it!!!

ellgee
~ Three days! AWESOME! I usually make it until about dinner time and then fall apart…

Cape Breton Chick
~ I love that your avatar is an old pic to help motivate you!

Bette k~ Sounds like a great weekend! Have fun!!!

caliyah
~ No worries, we’ll help push you along. Consistently under 200 is definitely do-able and you can do it!!!

Work was super busy last night which was good because it left me very little time to eat. I hate when it is super slow because that is when I end up sitting around and ordering junk food. I had a hamburger patty, no bun, with A-1 sauce and a little dish of apple sauce and was surprisingly satisfied with it. My calves are really sore from the hike today, but I’m starting to remember how much I love that sore feeling. Hopefully it’s the motivation I need to finally get a gym membership this weekend. I will check in this afternoon, but then disappear for the weekend as we do not have internet at my house…
Old 09-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #83  

GOOD MORNING everyone!

Kim- Great job on the food choices and YAY on the hike (although the sore calves are no fun, it makes it feel like you really exercised).

As for the weight loss group, I belong to it is called TOPS. It is a group of peopel who get together for weekly weigh ins and then a short program. It helps to keep me on track.

MonteCristo - That is great about the burning 350 calories in 40 minutes!

caliyah - WELCOME! I hear you on be the shortest (I am one of 5 siblings and am the shortest at 5'8") Although I have two sisters who can eat whatever they want and not gain weigh (PBLTH!)

bradleysmom - WOOHOO on doing well!

Hi elgee!

Lizzy - I understand the desire to get under 200. Just keep working the best you can and you will get there.

MissVitality - I like CanadaMel's response to your question. Have a bite or two of the food that you are craving. Hopefully, that will help satiate your desire. If you keep denying yourself, you will end up over indulging.

I had my weigh in yesterday and I lost 2 lbs (WOOT WOOT) Today, my day is filled with chores and children. We are having a party next week and I need to get this house ship shape. I am also planning on starting Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred. (Wish me luck!)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Ok, so I doing just ok. I am still on my "plateau" sort of. I hit TOM and feeling rather crappy. Also having trouble eating all my calories. I am actually finding that when I don't eat close to 2000 calories I don't lose (I'm pretty active) and the last few days since emotionally and hormonally I'm all screwed up I'm having trouble eating...blah!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 273/180/125

Height: 5ft5in

Good Morning Red Team.
mythreesons- I didn't know TOPS meetings were still around. My mom went to them when I was young and I can remember going to a few meetings with her when school was closed. Do they still pass around a hat and everyone puts in $1 and the biggest weight loss for the week gets the pot? I always thought that was so cool when I was a kid!

I've been doing well so far but I'm a little worried about the weekend being here. I always find it hard to stay on plan. Hopefully, being part of this team will keep me motivated to stick with it even though its the weekend!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #86  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

mythreesons~ TOPS sounds cool! I’m hoping to start something here at school but I don’t know if there will be enough people interested. Congratulations on 2 pounds!!!

crcossel
~ Have you tried mapping out your food ahead of time so you could see where you could add some calories?

Timeforme~ I have a hard time with weekends too. I noticed that you and I are the same height and within a few pounds of each other, kinda cool!

The day has gone alright so far although I had one pretty big slip up. My co-worker is having a baby next month so we threw her a baby shower today… and there was cake… and I had a piece…so that is my one slip up for the day. I’m really gonna push myself to not cheat or eat anything evil for the rest of the day…
Old 09-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #87  

Timeforme - Yes, it is still around. We still do the $ basket for the biggest loser (I won $10 last night). We are a small chapter, which is nice b/c you really get to know each other.

As for staying on plan for the weekend, try to schedule your meals and have lots of fruits and cut up veggies on hand so that if needed, you can grab them easily before candy or chips.

Kim - IMO, you had the cake, not a huge deal. Just continue on plan for the rest of the day and you will be fine.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #88  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Red face

Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels new supplements?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #89  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Since I teach school adn just started back this week, I feel kind of out of the loop. I am usually much more active on the boards. It will get better as i get more settled into my school routine. I am still kind of stuck around 181ish and since it is post TOM I am looking for a whoosh, which hasn't come yet.

Someone said they have to eat around 2000 calories to lose. I try to hit 1300-1400. That is what I have been doing all along. Maybe that's not working anymore. But what do I do???

Tomorrow I am doing a 5k race. I will walk/jog it. I'm not trying to break any records, but my own. Last one I did in 38 min. I just want to beat that. Wish me luck. Gonna go check out this workout/eating thread now.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Alright everyone, just checking in for the day. Funny thing is I just reached 2 major goals for me (getting to the 250s and also losing 50 pounds) and I have been forever promising myself a cheat day when that happened....but now I feel kinda guilty going out and splurging after joining this team! Stupid accountability! Of course, I mainly stay low on my calorie intake, so last time I "cheated" it actually jumpstarted my weight loss again. Sure, however I can justify it! Whether I do or if I don't cheat tonight (am only giving myself one night to do it, it is not going to be "well, I didn't do it last night, so I'll cheat tonight" kinda situation), I am still going to put in another really heavy night working out tonight. Am planning on an hour cardio and 1/2 ST circuit training at the gym again.