Old 09-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #61  

Hello! I am Krisitne, a 36 year old SAHM to three young boys (4,3, and 14 months). I had almost reached my goal about 5 years ago and then I got pregnant (and again and again) and have put back all of my weight and then some. I have been on here for a while but I have been having a hard time sticking to a diet. Due to some recent medical scares, I have decided that I need to lose the weight so that I can be healthy and enjoy life with my husband and my boys.

I am hoping that this challenge will help light a fire under me and I will be able to succeed!

I look forward to chatting with everyone!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:53 AM   #62  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone. I just had to jump on here and share the news with somebody. As some of you know I'm living and teaching here in South Korea right now. I wasn't able to find a scale until today. Last time I weighed in about 2 months ago and I was 379lbs. Today I weighed in at.....353lbs. And I wasn't even on my diet those two months!!! So I am super excited because now I have a real starting weight, and I know with motivation and determination I might actually reach my goals this year! So looking forward to our challenge starting!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #63  
That's me!

S/C/G: 270/251/150

Height: 5'

Wow Shan! That's awesome! Way to go!!!!

Hi all! My name is Kimberly and I'm pretty new to 3FC. I'm 39, married with no kids, but I have one dog and one cat who are my babies. I am an American living in Sweden. I work from home as a creative editor, running my own company.

I have been overweight since I was around 17 or 18.

I have been on tons of different diets and done several different exercise plans throughout the last 20 years, but for some reason my weight doesn't really fluctuate all that much most of the time. When I am consistent with my workouts my measurements will of course change, but my weight has always pretty much stayed the same no matter what sort of eating and exercise plan I've been on.

When I moved to Sweden I weighed 237 lbs, and I despite any workout/diet plans or binges and careless eating, I remained 237 for 5 years. However, in the last 2 years, my weight suddenly shot up to 270! I didn't even notice it was happening because I stopped weighing myself due to always seeing the same response from the scale. lol

However, in July of this year, I went to spend time with my best friend in the States and she had been on a new fitness kick that was totally contagious for me. She was so excited about it and doing so well with her new outlook on being healthy that I couldn't help but want to do the same thing! So, now I've joined 3FC and even though I have no idea if I'll actually be able to shed any pounds, I figured I'd give this challenge a try! At any rate, I'm just excited to be making some changes in my lifestyle.

I've started tracking my food, and setting exercise goals and stuff, and I'm loving the activity of it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting this and really hoping that I'll be able to help my team win the challenge!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #64  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, my name is Cat, and I have done a few challenges but completely fell off the face of the earth last year. I had major success with eating right and exercising and a few things in life came up and I just stopped it all. So unfortunate. Anyways, instead of feeling bad for myself I decided to join this challenge as part of pushing myself. I am a complete SAHM now, and both of my boys will be in school this year (although one is only 1/2 day). Good news is we are in the walk zone so I have to walk with them in a total of 4 times. A little extra exericse squeezed into each day!

I am also in school (online) full time starting at the end of the month. I am about a year away from getting my AA and then transferring to get my BA in Education.

I have a (minor) surgery coming up next week - getting my tonsils out - but I am going to keep weighing in despite it because I don't want to give myself permission to drink milkshakes and sit on the couch doing nothing afterward. I will find a way to make healthy choices even on a soft/liquid diet that I have to do afterward. Homemade chicken broth and smoothies here I come.

Well that is about it for me. I am excited to get going and meet the team I get on!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Hello!

I am Lisa and previously participated in the Challenges as a member of the Red Team. The support from team members (and the Blue Team!) was fantastic so I am really looking forward to this new challenge. I had to come out the last challenge after sustaining a nasty knee injury due to a fall. After 3 months wallowing in self-pity and putting on 16 pounds, I am ready to get back to the healthy ways that saw me lose over 70pounds.

I love exercise and prior to my injury, did a lot of group fitness classes, swimming, cycling, gym and jogging. Now my knee is on the mend, I am hoping to get back to it but am aware I need to build my strength and fitness back up gradually. What I can do right away (I hope!) is stop feeling sorry for myself and get my eating back on track!!!

I work in HR in the public sector in Scotland and live a very hectic life despite being single and not having children! I have a large extended family and a great group of friends who keep me busy.

I'm looking forward to getting started with this and am sure we can all help each other over the inevitable highs and lows to achieve success!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #66  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Ack, thought I posted in here, but guess not.

Hi all! I'll be leading Team Red this season/round. I've now participated in the Biggest Loser Challenge for two rounds and have loved it. There really is a great group of people here.

Briefly about me, I've now lost 70lbs since the end of September 2008 (almost a year ago!) and feel great! I am so happy that I went on this journey to not only lose weight but to get healthy and learn to love myself. For the first time, I love me for me. I went from a size 20 to a size 6 now! Never thought I'd be shopping for such a small pant size. My goals presently are to lose another 5 or so pounds and tone up at this point. So ladies, it CAN be done. You CAN do it, you just have to believe in yourself and work hard.

Anyway, please feel free to message me or ask any questions. I am busy, so I will be popping in and out a lot. But, I promise to respond and of course be here to support everyone during their journey.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #67  

Hi All -

I'm a SAHM with no children at home. Both of my children went off to college two weeks ago today. I have spent the last 18 years of my life taking care of my husband, children, and two dogs.

I've decided that instead of sitting around crying about missing my children I'm going to do "all those things" that I've never gotten around to.

1) Losing weight - I want to lose a total of 38 pounds. At least that is how much I think I want to lose. I'll see once I get closer to my goal.

2) Decorating / organizing my house. You know all the closets, drawers, etc. I have let go so I could bake that favorite cake for the boys or whatever was their priority at the time.

3) I plan to volunteer more. Not sure what I am going to do but there is something I'm sure I could help do.

I know this forum is only about goal #1 but thought I might share where I am with this stage of my life.

My confession - Every episode of BL I have ever watched I've always had a bag of chips and diet coke. Something about the show makes me want to eat. I'm going to change that this season.

Amber
Old 09-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! My name is Kim and I think this is my 3rd challenge. I have 3 grown kids and 1 granddaughter. This has been a challenging year for me. My DD got married in May and my oldest DS gave me my first grand child. I am a manager of accounting and collect most of my weight in my buttocks area. LOL!!!! I usually work an average of 50 hours a week.....sometimes more. I have recently been diagnoised with hypothyroid, insulin resistant and hypo glycemic. I have been following a rigid diet for the past 5 weeks and incorporating a plan similiar to Jillian 'Mastering your Metabolism' and I have lost 13 pounds. I usually lose very slow.....hence the discouragement and not completeing the last challenge. I have a doc's appointment on the 21st of September to talk about what to do with the hypothyroid thingy. I am post menopausal.....another strike against me but oh well. I used to work out daily but haven't done a lick since last September when we moved. Oh.....my DH lost his job in November and is still unemployed. Last October I was down to 223 and I am mad at letting the weight get a hold on me. Can't change the past but I can change my future.

This challenge will
1) get me back to the gym
2) hold me accountable to others and myself
3) hopefully I will be in the 2teens by the end of challenge or very close

Thanks for reading.......

Last edited by Iwanawurkit; 09-06-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberL View Post
My confession - Every episode of BL I have ever watched I've always had a bag of chips and diet coke. Something about the show makes me want to eat. I'm going to change that this season.
Do you have a gym membership or some sort of equipment at home? I like to watch it while I do my cardio!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #70  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone!

I'm another Cat. I'm 25 and when I exercise well I tend to lose weight quickly, which would be great if I exercised. Now that I've started a PhD program I'm going to need to learn to love exercise as a stress reliever...and what better way to do so than to join a challenge related to the ONLY reality show that I make a point to watch each week.

So I wanted to say hi and that I look forward to this challenge.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello all! I'm Marianne. I'm 24, and I live in Vancouver, BC with my fiance. When I'm not at work, I'm volunteering with my Brownie group and spending more and more time at the gym! My FH and I are getting married in 5 weeks, and I can't wait to get on with the next great adventure.

My goal for this challenge is to get to GOAL, which is another 13-18lbs. It's ambitious for me (I'm a sloowwww loser), but I'm eager to get there!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all !! My name is Leslie and I live just east of Seattle. I've been married to my amazing husband for 12 years. I'm 43 and we have no kids. We do have quite a few animals, however. 2 dogs, 4 cats, 1 hamster and bunches of fish. I am happily unemployed right now and have been doing a lot of different arts and crafts. Currently I'm really enjoying candle and soapmaking. I've previously been a dog trainer and will likely get back involved in the dog world in the near future in some capacity. I'm looking forward to joining in this challenge for the first time and very much looking forward to meeting all of you as well.

Leslie
Old 09-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #73  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Just a quick shout out to a few familiar faces.

MissV- Speaking of faces......I love the avatar pic. I now have a face to go with the name and person I've come to know. It is a very pretty pic. Good luck this challenge.

Cakses- So glad to see you back. I also noticed you posted on the bologna thread. Hope you get back into the swing quickly. You did so well before, I'm sure you will again. Have fun in school.

Shannon- Thanks again for being our fearless leader. I'm certain you will do a good. Listen to me. Assuming I'll be RED again. You know my blood bleeds RED!!!

Still need to post my start weight. I'm waiting till the last minute.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Hi mtiger! It's good to be back and it's lovely to be in touch once again with those who have supported me throughout this journey so far - hopefully we will be back on the Red Team!!! It was hard to get my butt back in gear and get back on the site after my injury but what a wonderful welcome I have had from you and others like Cakses and Bette K. Makes me know I have done the right thing and come back to the right place. And thank you for the compliments on the avatar - it did my confidence the world of good!

Looking forward to resuming our chats over the next few weeks and to getting to know everyone else xxx
Old 09-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #75  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

woohoo!! tommorow is the deadline!! cant wait for the teams to be annonced! I'm a Jillian fan ! She's my trainer in my mind hehe