Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #1  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default BL Fall 2009 Early Start Combined Team Chatter Thread

*I win at naming threads*

Everyone please introduce yourselves on this thread. Tell us as much or little as you like.

Newbies: Jump in and chat. Ask any questions you have on the Q&A thread at the top of the BL Forum page. We'll try to make sure every question is answered promptly.

Challenge Veterans: Lets start inspiring. Share your strategies for a successful challenge.

Last edited by dixied; 08-30-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: created a separate Q&A thread
Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #2  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi everyone. I don't know which team I'll be on this time as I had to bow out on the last challenge. But I'm game to be on either color team as losing the weight is the main thing for me.

I've had a rather traumatic summer with my son getting married and my mother passing away a month later. My emotions have been all over the place but things are starting to settle down and I've finally had 4 good days on plan. Now, I'm not back to counting calories and tracking at fitday as I've done before but I'm eating sensible meals and have stopped all the night time eating. I've even been seen on my exercise bike.

I'm really looking forward to this new BL challenge and am determined to keep on track. (Speaking rhetorically, what else could happen to throw me off?) Hopefully, by next week I'm going to start counting calories and tracking my food. By the first full week in September I hope I'll be back on track with the exercise, too. Tracking food intake is one of the keys to success for me and counting the calories is just a good bonus.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/219/160

Height: 5'9

Hi all! how is everyone, i am excited to be a part of this BL Challenge, i have seen the show a few times it looks fun! so i hope i can stick with it and keep my teammates going as well!
Id like to know how we will do this? does each team have a tread and we chat there and then see who lost the most weight at the end? I havent watched a season through yet but i am going to follow with is since i am doing this. Ive got the start date written on my calender so i wont forget!

For the introduction, im Danielle, and i am a newly married... well 9 months newly lol. since i got married i gained like almost 20 pounds and my husband has gained like 30! so i came here just to keep myself accountable on what i do since ive got this great team of women behind me, and i found this! what better way. i work at a grocery store in the bakery@ thank goodness im vegan or id eat everything....o but the bread is soooo good.... i need to get that out of my head hehe. so i am still young and i want to change myself before i dont want to anymore...not sure if that makes any sense but...ya anyways cant wait to find out what team im on! cant wait for this to start!
ill be back to see if anyone asked any good questions that i cant think of... ta ta!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #4  

hey everyone! I am fairly new here to 3FC but absolutely the biggest loser. I am a big Jillian fan and am SO excited for the challenge and the new show to start!

My highest weight was 257 pounds. I lost 40 pounds of that and was just about to be under 200 when I had a major shift in my lifestyle. My exercise and diet started to slip as I went from a stay at home mom with tons of time to workout to a work at home mom stressing to get a new business off the ground. I kept telling myself my size 16s still fit and I was "maintaining" but I am at the point I have to be completely real with myself. I gained it all back but 5 pounds and am now starting all over again lying to myself will no longer work.

My task now is to get back to where I was about a year ago when I was taking it off and feeling so great....but now it's about balancing it with a lot of other stuff like busy work demands, 2 active kids, and a husband who is now unemployed and hanging around the house all the time.

SO I really need this challenge for support and accountability! I got serious this past week and have lost 3.4 pounds so I am eagerly awaiting my Monday weigh in so I can move my ticker again I am really loving my tickers!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #5  

Okay I get to ask the first newbie questions I guess...I just noticed the sign up thread now has a request for us to post our starting weight, so should I just edit my original sign up post and put my startint weight? Put in a new message in the sign ups or here with the start weight? and can I wait until Monday when I weigh in or does it need to be like right now?

And if someone could tell me how long the challenge will last I'd like to set up my goals and ticker....

That's all I have to ask I promise
Old 08-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/180/125

Height: 5ft5in

Smile Excited To Start!

SkinnyJeansInWaiting we have a lot in common! The beginning of 2008 I lost 52 pounds doing WW on my own, also being a stay at home mom. My family then went on vacation, and when we came back I started an at home business and started gaining back every pound and then some!

In July I tried to CC, but never really got back on track. Now, my kids are going back to school and I'm determined to lose all of this excess weight! I can't wait for this challenge to start! I'm going to weigh in on Monday, August 31st and have a fresh start on becoming the person I want to be.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #7  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Well I am a veteran of these challenges. I think this will be my 4th. Yep, I've had a lot to lose and I lose it slowly. I have decided that is OKAY. Once I lose it, it's not coming back!!!! So I have lost 70 pounds in the past year and a half and it has changed my world completely. It still is changing me. I count and log all calories, religiously. I also workout almost everyday, I miss very few. I am probably one of the most determined, hardest working on-plan people you will meet.

I am 49, it's H*** losing weight at my age. Pre-menopausal, strike 2. I have 2 grown children and teach for a living. Don't get me started today. I live on a small farm and try to enjoy everyday to it's fullest. You will see me on here a lot, because I am a steady eddie.

Questions- Yes you should go back to the sign-up thread and edit it to add your weight. If you want to do that now, great. I like to wait until a little closer to the date. Sept 8th. There will be 2 chat threads, one blue, one red. You weigh in by a specified date each week and our wonderful leaders tabualte results. You find that in the results thread.

It's fun and i hope you all stick with it.

P.S. I am a Jillian fan all the way!!! 70 pounds gone, remember. I do a lot of Jillian.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #8  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone, My name is Elise. I was part of the spring challenge, on the blue team and made it so close to the end before I had to drop out. I lost 19lbs out of the 40 I needed to lose, but I gained some back over the summer. I can't wait to get back into the competition again.

Let me tell yall more about me. I'm about to be 27, a stay at home mom of 4 kids and I'm happily married to the love of my life. We live in Southeast La and just bought a farm, so I have lots of room to exercise.... no excuses, lol. I'm trying to get back to my prebabies weight of 115, but most of all I just want to be fit, have the energy to do all the things I want to do and actually fit in clothes I like. Last time I just added cardio, circuit training and counted calories, so I think I'll give it another go.

I can't wait to meet you all and howdy to all the people on my old blue team!

Last edited by inklestinkle; 08-28-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #9  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Another stay at home mom here. I have 3 kids, 2 of which are going to public school for the first time this year. We've homeschooled up 'til now. So, we are making some transitions here, too.
I have lost roughly 50 pounds in the last 9.5 months and am still working toward my goal. I'm not really sure what my end goal will be, but once I figure it out, I am determined to get there.
I do some other challenges on 3FC, but have wanted to participate in a BL challenge for a while since I am a big fan of the show. I look forward to getting going with this and will post my starting weight closer to the start of the challenge. Besides, I am currently without a scale! I do hope to have mine back from being repaired shortly, but I'll figure something out.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #10  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyJeansInWaiting View Post
Okay I get to ask the first newbie questions I guess...I just noticed the sign up thread now has a request for us to post our starting weight, so should I just edit my original sign up post and put my startint weight? Put in a new message in the sign ups or here with the start weight? and can I wait until Monday when I weigh in or does it need to be like right now?

And if someone could tell me how long the challenge will last I'd like to set up my goals and ticker....

That's all I have to ask I promise

Any of those methods will work for giving me your starting weight, or you can PM me. The challenges generally last 13 weeks, but we try to time it so we end when the season does. So if they add an extra week, we do too.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Hi everyone. I'm back. Again. I think this is my 5th? challenge. Maybe my 6th. I'm not sure. Go BLUE!

I'm a 34yo SAHM to nearly 5 year old twins. They start school on the 8th so I will finally have time to focus on ME. I can't wait.

I started the new year out doing awesome. I was down 30 pounds in less than 4 months. Then I maintained for about a month and I was okay with that. It was around that time I started running and was starving constantly. That same month I started running DH was laid off and things have slid downhill ever since. I've been stress eating and we all know what that does to us. He has been off work bugging me at home for over 3 months now. Thank god for the running or I would have probably put on WAY more than the 10 pounds I have.

I can't wait for the new season to start.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,
50 yo working mom of 2, DS will be 20 in Oct and is in the Army. He will be home from a year long deployment the end of Sept. DD is 8 and my little dancer. My goal is to suprise DS when he gets home with how much thinner his Mom is.
I'm calorie counting, exercising more, a friend gave me an elliptical and I love it, and avoiding as much processed food as possible. So far this year I've lost around 30 lbs and lots of inches. Dropped from a size 22 to a 16, and have a total cholestrol of 127!! I'm hoping to reach my goal of being under 200 lbs in the next month or so, then I'll set a new goal.
I'm not sure how many of these I've done, but I started as a member of the black team and then went on the red team.
Hope everyone has a great week!

Bette K
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Hey all. This is my first BL challenge. I'm on WW and work out at the YMCA. I reached my first sub-goal (10%) a couple weeks ago. I'm a new substitute teacher (just had my first job yesterday), and looking for a permenant job as an art teacher.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #14  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
I'm crashing the thread to wish everyone a GREAT BL contest! They were a GREAT incentive for me on my journey (I did 3 BL contests during my weight loss).

You have chosen an excellent way to stay motivated/encouraged/inspired and focused on your goal.

Enjoy! And, good luck, on your journey

CD
Old 08-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #15  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

HI!

I'm new to the forums, I have been on here since july. In the past I've only lost the weight once down to 199 and regained and so this time I'm determined to lose and keep the weight off. Not much going on with me other than that I'm unemployed and recently graduated and all I do is look for a job and try to lose weight. so i'm basically trying to live the biggest loser lifestyle while i'm unemployed = / i've been trying to make the most of my time and it has worked so far! = ) but hopefully once i get a job I plan to stay on plan and work just as hard on losing the weight. i love biggest loser - it's my big inspiration.