Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #46  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends.

I'm Rhonda. I'm 45 years old and menopausal. I lose slooooowly. This is my....hmmm....6th BL Challenge? In 2006, I lost 30+ pounds. I managed to mantain that loss until this past May. I've gained 20 pounds back and I'm so unhappy.

I'm looking forward to another challenge and making some new friends. This weight loss stuff is tough! Lets do this and make it just a tad bit easier for each of us!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 08-31-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:20 PM   #47  
TransformingSince:6-26-09

S/C/G: 247.1/233.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, My name is Louise. I'm 31 and a stay at home Mother of 1, a 7 year old boy, who just started 2nd grade. I love The Biggest Loser. I've been waiting all month for this Challenge to start. I don't have a regular exercise plan, but I'm trying to change that a little bit. As far as eating, I'm not on any kind of diet or plan, I've just been eating less fat and calories and trying to eat less food. I can't wait to get started!

Last edited by paisleyprincess; 08-31-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Glad to see some others in the education field. I'm super jealous of those of you just going back to school this week and next. In Georgia school starts in early August. Anyone else go back that early?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #49  
Token Vulcan

Okay...after 2 1/2 years on here, I'm giving the kitty avatar a rest--for the time being anyway, lol--and using an honest-to-goodness photo of me. I'm getting brave, I even posted it to my Facebook profile...I was using my Pogo Games mini there. You don't know how many shots I took with the webcam...I *really* don't like how I come out in pictures. I usually look like either death warmed over or drugged out in addition to the weight. That's actually what helped seal the deal for me back in 2006 as far as getting serious about losing weight--I'd been thinking about it and then <snap>, somebody took a picture of me at Christmas on their digital cam, which I then had to proceed to download (along with everything else on their camera) in front of them on my computer. So there I was, looking and feeling pretty bad and joking about it to them. Self perception is such a tricky thing, though. I mean, one day I can think hey, I'm reasonably cute, and the next day I just wanna deflate my hips and butt. (The boobs can stay!)
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #50  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
Okay...after 2 1/2 years on here, I'm giving the kitty avatar a rest--for the time being anyway, lol--and using an honest-to-goodness photo of me. I'm getting brave, I even posted it to my Facebook profile...I was using my Pogo Games mini there. You don't know how many shots I took with the webcam...I *really* don't like how I come out in pictures. I usually look like either death warmed over or drugged out in addition to the weight. That's actually what helped seal the deal for me back in 2006 as far as getting serious about losing weight--I'd been thinking about it and then <snap>, somebody took a picture of me at Christmas on their digital cam, which I then had to proceed to download (along with everything else on their camera) in front of them on my computer. So there I was, looking and feeling pretty bad and joking about it to them. Self perception is such a tricky thing, though. I mean, one day I can think hey, I'm reasonably cute, and the next day I just wanna deflate my hips and butt. (The boobs can stay!)
HA! I use my pogo mini pic sometimes too!
Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #51  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone - I am a WAHM and have been doing WW and using my Sensewear since April. I am down 30 pounds so far but haven't been able to break the 200 mark. So excited to be a part of this challenge!!
Old 09-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #52  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Trekkie - it's a great picture. I wish I were as brave. I LOOOOOOOVE to take pictures, I want to be a professional photographer, but god forbid someone turn their camera towards me. I keep promising myself I'll post them as soon as I have an after.

Aclai - I'm not a teacher but my kid's schools started the first week of August, which seemed really early to me.

Last edited by inklestinkle; 09-01-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #53  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi!
Just noticed the super awesome thread started by Dix. This will be my 3rd challenge even though I had to drop out of the last one since I just couldn't get my act together.
I am in the midst of changing WL strategies and just starting to become a calorie counter. I am still working on getting used to writing down what I eat LOL.
Oh, a little bit about me I guess: I'm 34, married, currently not working but that will have to change really soon since now DH and I have a mortgage to pay, no kids and no pets. Been on my weight loss adventure for about a year now, the first 20 lbs. came off relatively easy, the next 10 not so much, and now I've been stuck in the 170's for what seems forever, and that's why I am changing strategies.
Looking forward to meeting all the new people and re-connecting with the ones I already know.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies. I am ashlan, ash for short. I turned 26 two days ago. I started my WL journey in Aug 08 and have lost 49 pounds to date. My hope is to lose about 15-20 more. I am engaged and hope to be married by May. I am so excited to actually catch this thread before the challenge started this time. I have a love/hate relationship with The Biggest Loser, but I am addicted to it and can't stop watching it.

I can't wait to get a team and begin meeting and getting to know everyone. I already see some familiar faces and that is plus! See ya around. I will go back and edit my starting weight in the next day or so!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Good morning all! For some reason my scale has been way up this week. It was up last week 'cause of TOM but was sure it would be back down this week but instead it went the other way. I weighed in at 179 this morning. ugh!! Starting back counting calories and journaling tomorrow. Unfortunately working out is out right now as my sciatic nerve is bothering me. Going to the dr. today.

Keep up the hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hi Friends.I'm Rhonda. I'm looking forward to another challenge and making some new friends. This weight loss stuff is tough! Lets do this and make it just a tad bit easier for each of us!
Rhonda-So glad to have you back. Hope you are on the blue team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
Glad to see some others in the education field. I'm super jealous of those of you just going back to school this week and next. In Georgia school starts in early August. Anyone else go back that early?
My sil used to teach in Texas and they start in mid August. What grade do you teach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
Okay...after 2 1/2 years on here, I'm giving the kitty avatar a rest--for the time being anyway, lol--and using an honest-to-goodness photo of me.
Love the pic. You look great! Congrats for stepping out of your comfort zone. I really think that is what change is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellonello View Post
Hi Everyone - I am a WAHM and have been doing WW and using my Sensewear since April. I am down 30 pounds so far but haven't been able to break the 200 mark. So excited to be a part of this challenge!!

Great job. I bought a sensewear in March and used it for awhile but just can't get into the habit of wearing it all the time. What do you think of the site? I plan on starting to use it again once I can wear 3/4 sleeves or a sweater. I feel self conscious wearing it at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post
Hi!
now I've been stuck in the 170's for what seems forever, and that's why I am changing strategies.
Looking forward to meeting all the new people and re-connecting with the ones I already know.
I hear ya. I have been stuck hear since February. Now the scale is moving up. What are your new strategies? Maybe they can help me...lol!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I'm Antonia and I'm pretty sure this is my fourth challenge. I had to drop out of the Summer one due to an unfortunate sequence of events, but I'm raring to go for the Fall!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #57  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post

I hear ya. I have been stuck hear since February. Now the scale is moving up. What are your new strategies? Maybe they can help me...lol!
Mary: LOL! I think you and I have been stuck in the same weight range for about the same amount of time. When I started I was doing Nutrisystem since I figured it was the simplest thing for me to do. Problem was, I had no clue as to what my real caloric intake was and whether I was having either too much or too little. For now all I am doing is going back to basics with good old fashioned calorie counting. I hope to have it all figured out by the time the challenge starts though.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #58  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post

Great job. I bought a sensewear in March and used it for awhile but just can't get into the habit of wearing it all the time. What do you think of the site? I plan on starting to use it again once I can wear 3/4 sleeves or a sweater. I feel self conscious wearing it at work.
I love my Sensewear as I can truly keep track of what I am doing and when I need to get moving more. The SW site isn't the best but I am motivated to get this done so I put up with it. I was self conscious at first but now when I get questioned I tell them it is a type of pedometer that tracks calorie burn.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey all

<--- I'm Liz, as it says hee hee

I've been up and down the scale twice so this will be my last trip down. I was a ballet dancer all through HS & part of college. Then I started gaining the college 15, then the newly married 15 and tacked on the "unhappy about weight gain" 15.

Finally I'd had enough so I decided to make a huge change... I moved us from Minnesota to Colorado, got a new job and a personal trainer. I dropped 47 pounds from March to June that year. I actually ended up weighing less than I did when I graduated high school!!

That weigh-in day was the day I found out I was pregnant with my first daughter. I kept my personal trainer all through my pregnancy and came through it with flying colors in terms of muscle tone, and weight loss after baby. My struggles with going back up the scale came a few months after. I don't know why, but I just stopped. Stopped working out, stopped watching what I put in my mouth. I steadily gained 67 pounds over the course of the next 2 years. And had my second daughter.

These past two years I've been "attempting" to shed the weight. I put it in quotes because my heart really wasn't in it. All I was able to do was to keep from gaining. Just a bit ago I came to one of those "THIS IS ENOUGH" points that got me on track all those years ago. And I found 3FC This is the here, this is the now.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #60  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey Losers!

Kris here (Hey Bluesers out there) - this is my 4th challenge too. I have yet to complete one but this is my time. Have been on 3fatchicks going on 2.5 years. Have lost, gained, quit smoking, been hurt a billion times, and lost my fire for exercise.

I am back in this challenge with a vengence and about 9 additional lbs since the beginning of the year. I want to lose 30lbs by the end of the challenge. I need to lose 60 overall.

Talk of marriage in June 2010 is the air, so this is super important for me.

Lets kick some butt, 1 lb at a time!