Old 06-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #16  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls!

I am posting this to all 3 threads I’m on, so don’t think I’m trying to bore ya if you see it in more than one place!

Life has been crazy. Made one weigh in (Friday- Go Rebels) and missed another (Monday - Sorry Bluesers). In the past 2 two weeks my world has been turned upside down. Major home issues due to my “hold it all in, build it tall, and let them have it when ya cant take it no more” frame of mind (thanks for that gene Mom). Things resolving themselves now though. Started 2 businesses (= $ stresses and commitment questions in my head). Traded my Jeep for a new truck for one of the businesses. Guess I’m committed now… or should be committed to some crazy house. Avoided 10% pay cut at work, but not everyone did. It was super unfair and has really impacted morale. Oh yeah, and TOM is due this week, along with my 38th birthday, and I haven’t exercised but once in the last 2 weeks. And I haven’t budged under 200 in an eternity. Ugh.

I am going to sit down (like I do every year) and give myself my birthday gift of evaluating my 5 year goals. Hope you all are doing well. I am SERIOUSLY going to sit down with a pot of coffee Friday morning and catch up on my threads. Miss ya all and will be back here in exactly 3 days!!!!

Be good.

Selina.... BABIES? I gotta catch up on the thread!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:16 AM   #17  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Just checking in to say hi . Hope everyone is having a great week. Looking forward to the holiday weekend. Let's all do our best to stay OP and make it the best week ever!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Hello everyone, no loss this week, been on plateau for a freakin month now! Oh well, eventually it will have to give, so..........

Good luck to everyone.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #19  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Urgh. I'm pretty sure I was ovulating this last week sometime. My weight went up 4 pounds before I started eating uncontrollably. That typically signals ovulation around here. The munchies have went away and my weight is starting to drop back to where it was. I plan on going out running today. I'm hoping for at least a 5k, possibly a little more.

Selina - I totally respect the fact that you foster and adopt. But girl you are CRAZY.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 07-01-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon bluesers. I haven't been around much with all the summer activity going on. Sorry :-( I've definitly been eating better and trying not to eat as much. I hope I see a loss this coming week. Have a great weekend!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #21  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!

Well, I lost my first new lb since March! I'm 152.1 today. I've been diligently planning all meals ahead and keeping my daily total in the 1300 range and it's working! I also am doing light-to-medium exercise 45-105 minutes a day.

My birthday is next weekend (9 days) and I want to give myself the gift of being in the 140s by then. I haven't been in the 140s since about 2006? Maybe early 2007. In fact, my lowest weight in the last 6 or so years has been 148. 147 will be a big milestone for me.

Hope everyone is well!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #22  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Gotta hurry, still working in house, getting it ready for them. Miss chatting with you all!! Yes, we are getting more babies but these will be ours. Usually when I get babies, I get more babies the next yr and more the next, they never grow up so it stays hard work forever! Even tho I LOVE babies.

Once all of my own five get outta being babies, then no more. I have been thru almost 30 small kids under age 7, except two older than that. Plus we are about to get our 10th year-long exchange student from Brazil this time again, we love Brazil!, and can't wait. He wants to help my dh coach my daughter in Soccer, he plays in Brazil.

We just love people, not so much just kids. I feel myself getting old and can't handle 6 kids, all under age 7 anymore. LOL. I will handle my own 5 little ones for a few years then it's fine after that. Later, you can reason with them, you can play Monopoly with them, you can teach them about life, not just going to the potty and brushing their tiny teeth. I'm soooo looking forward to all of it!!! It's a very special job to be a mom. So many take it for granted and don't choose to be grateful for their babies. I am very grateful for mine.

I'll be 40 when my last baby starts Pre K. And about 53 or so when my last one graduates. Not too shabby.

Ok, going thru more old baby stuff, gotta make room here for new things. My dh is a pack rat and I'm trying to tame the rat in him. We will be having 5 kid birthday parties a year and Christmas, which we love love love Christmas with our kids. We HAFTA make room!!!!

Ok, enough babbling, hugs to you all.

Melwolfe, hang in there, I HATE plateaus

Nix, yep I'm getting babies again!!!!

Zinke, yeah I know. I ask myself why I'm that crazy to say yes but I love them.

Dee, I'm soooo jealous. You are doing so great!!!! I gotta have some success this year too! You are my inspiration for sure.

Joyra, yay, you lost a lb!! I have been there, it will get easier if you keep watching your cals close like you are. I have to do that too.

scarahjs, good to see you, I'm sure you r busy with your kids too! I know that feeling!!!

Jacque, hiya~ I sure hope I'm OP this whole week, need more loss too!

A big hello to everyone else here!!! Have a great day, rushing now, kids everywhere, sry!

Selina
Old 07-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #23  

Default looks like I'm in good company

I'm back from vacation. We crashed my cousin's baby shower- she lives 12 hours away! She's an only child and at 39 is expecting her first baby. Needless to say, she was pretty excited to have 7 of her female cousins show up unexpectedly! I also had the fun of doing a road trip with my Mom and 2 of my 4 sisters. We 3 oldest sisters are finally to the point with kids that we CAN leave them with the Dads and leave town as we're out of the toddler and baby years. Woo Hoo!

I tried to eat decently on the trip but it was hard when most meals were prepared by our hosts and I couldn't really control what was available. I TRIED to make good choices but even so, I gained. At least a pound. I'm almost back to the point I started at even though before we left I'd lost 3 lbs. for the month. I am TRYING not to feel completely discouraged. It's so much work to even lose 1 lb. (especially since I have PCOS) but so very EASY to gain it back.

However, I'm taking heart because a lot of us Bluesers are in the same boat right now with stalled weight loss BUT we're still here, still trying. I know that's the key even though it feels a little pointless at the moment.

I have embraced the "First do no harm" part of the Hypocratic Oath (sp?). Even if I'm not really losing at the moment, I'm still maintaining and that's something worth doing. I'm going to get back into the gym in the morning and hit it hard. I'm in one of those places where it's easy to quit and lose my good habits. I'm not going to let that happen. One good workout and I'll be fully motivated again!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #24  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone..

Uh... I lost another lb! I'm just shocked at this. I have been the world's slowest loser and I have been losing 1 or more lbs a DAY since I started planning my meals ahead of time and revving up my workouts. I know it will slow down eventually but right now I wake up extra early each day because I'm excited to see what the scale will tell me. ... and everyday, the scale has been quite nice!

Since August 20 '08, I've lost 22 lbs or a solid 10 kg! I don't really like tracking in kilos but that's the kind of scale I have over here in Asia. They do kilos in Australia too (my next home) so... I'll keep celebrating the kg milestones.

I've got some rather unhealthy food and drink planned for this weekend... pizza & beer tonight and Chinese on Saturday. I already planned it all out to keep it at 1400 each day... but that means NO drinking Saturday night when I go out with my friends to the bar! I've abstained before, I hope I just can stick to my guns.

It's Friday here in Asia... Yay! Happy almost 4th everyone who celebrates (Asians don't but my American friends and I might buy some sparklers anyways).

Last edited by joyra; 07-02-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #25  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

HI People. Selina, how exciting about the new babies! My baby is getting married in 10 days. I loved when my two were little. They grow so fast.

I'm giving up trying to lose weight the next few weeks. Too much wedding stuff going on. I baked the wedding cake today. If I can maintain I'll be deliriously happy. Then after the wedding down to serious business.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi team! I am back, and back OP!

We are finally done moving, internet got hooked up tonight, and I just handed in my last assignment for the semester... now we just have to finish unpacking and life will be back to "normal!"

I'm back OP today for the first time in TWO weeks - yikes! I'm really enjoying all the yummy fruit that is coming into season. I had the most delicious peach this afternoon! Our new apartment is only 3 blocks from the gym, and I'm excited to have it more accessible. Time to get that scale going back DOWN!

Go blue!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Doing good have been working out everyday and watching my cals. Saw 175 on the scale today so hopefully i can be 174 by Monday. That personal trainer never showed up on Tuesday. We went to her studio and she wasn't there and she has never called me back nor emailed me. Very unprofessional. I don't think I will go to her if I ever hear from her now. Been doing Turbo Jam and according to my sensewear I am burning about 550 cals in 45 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwolfe View Post
Hello everyone, no loss this week, been on plateau for a freakin month now!
Just believe in the journey and work it and the plateau will break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyra View Post
Hi everyone! Well, I lost my first new lb since March! I'm 152.1 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindersbee View Post
I have embraced the "First do no harm" part of the Hypocratic Oath (sp?). Even if I'm not really losing at the moment, I'm still maintaining and that's something worth doing. I'm going to get back into the gym in the morning and hit it hard. I'm in one of those places where it's easy to quit and lose my good habits. I'm not going to let that happen. One good workout and I'll be fully motivated again!
I frequent another website by Bill Phillips "body for life" creator. He just posted a blog about the power of letting go and letting the process work. Here is the link: http://www.transformation.com/billsb...tting-Go/46336
I found it very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyra View Post
Hi everyone..

Uh... I lost another lb! Since August 20 '08, I've lost 22 lbs or a solid 10 kg! .
You are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
I'm giving up trying to lose weight the next few weeks. Too much wedding stuff going on. I baked the wedding cake today. If I can maintain I'll be deliriously happy. Then after the wedding down to serious business.
It is really hard to stay on plan when there is so much going on. You have done great so far. Just watch what you are eating and get on plan once the wedding is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
Hi team! I am back, and back OP!
We are finally done moving, internet got hooked up tonight, and I just handed in my last assignment for the semester... now we just have to finish unpacking and life will be back to "normal!"
So happy you are finally moved in and now you can concentrate on getting back on plan!

Selena-Congrats on the babies!!! I do miss mine being small but there is so much joy in watching them grow and become their own person. You will enjoy each step immensely. I love being friends with my kids now as well as being mom.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #28  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

It looks like I will be posting a gain this week, I am sorry. I have started a new Strength program that is making me hold more water. I usually post between thursday and saturday because I never seem to have time after that and today was the day. If I do have time and am done I will edit though. Sorry ladies..
Old 07-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #29  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Hi y'all!!!

It's been a good day for me and my family. We hung out together all day, me, dh and the kids. Bad news is I've been a little off plan but not horrendous amounts. I have a few days before TOM and I always crave salt. Makes sense, we need more fluids right before but I don't care and don't want to hold fluid.

Thank you all for your well wishes about our new babies. We can't wait and we still know very little. Very hard to sit and wait for them to call us. So frustrating!!!! But I'm praying for patience.

Once I lose this after TOM I can try really hard again to lose. Until then, I'm just trying to drink more water.

My daughter's soccer coach for the training camp this week is going to stay here with us. He or she is from Britain. Should be interesting! We've never had anyone from there. It's only a week and they aren't teens but pretty young so probably won't mind the kids all wanting to play.. LOL.

Well, I better run. Still going thru things of my son's for the little boys to wear. I saved all his stuff for our next baby boy. I'm glad I did so the boys will have clothes to start off with. My other kids already are deciding what toy to give each of their new brothers. Awww. I have sweet kids.

Hugssss, Selina

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 07-03-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

So, I finally showed a loss this morning of about a pound but even better I went shopping because both me and the hubby desperately needed some summer clothes and I fit into a size 12!!!!!!! I haven't been in a 12 in so long I don't even remember!

I will be truly happy if the plateau is really broken and the loss stays! WOOHOO!! I'm so excited!!!!!!