Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #46  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Suzie- Does GOwear work like the Bodybugg. You purchase the thing and then need to subscribe to their site to track your info. How much does that cost?? I would like to try it, but $$$ is kind of an issue.

Ranger- As you know, I love Jillian. I just started reading her Metabolism book. I tell people I would love just 1 hour with her so she could give me some advice. I have thought about joining her program, but again, $$$$ stops me. Nice picture by the way. Hope you make your goal soon. You have done amazing.

I upped calories to 1500 last night (thanks to pizza). I did go down a little today. I am trying to get up to 1400 today and see what that does. I did a little over 2 miles (walk/jog) with my buddy today. Our 5k is on june 13, so we have to keep working it.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #47  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everybody! I hope I can be on the red team again. I love these challenges!!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #48  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

QOTD: What's your favourite thing to make for dinner?

I make what ever is quick cuz most of the time I have to work nites.

QOTD: When you have trouble sleeping do you still get up and workout or do you try to get more sleep?

Sometimes I will just get up and stay up. Or sometimes I'll be up for a few hrs then go back to sleep.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #49  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Shannon and aangel22 love the new pics, you both look great!!

Fav Dinner
pork chops with red cabbage or roasted asparagus...its a toss up

Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #50  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
Shannon - Love the new avatar, you look great and so happy.
Thanks CAT!
I need to start allowing more photos of me though, Still in the old frame of mind on that, mostly avoiding the front of the camera.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #51  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Ranger- As you know, I love Jillian. I just started reading her Metabolism book. I tell people I would love just 1 hour with her so she could give me some advice. I have thought about joining her program, but again, $$$$ stops me. Nice picture by the way. Hope you make your goal soon. You have done amazing.

I upped calories to 1500 last night (thanks to pizza). I did go down a little today. I am trying to get up to 1400 today and see what that does. I did a little over 2 miles (walk/jog) with my buddy today. Our 5k is on june 13, so we have to keep working it.
Jillian rocks! I try to get any and everything I can that she comes out with. Of course, I can't buy it all since money isn't made on trees, but I do own all her dvds.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Suzie- Does GOwear work like the Bodybugg. You purchase the thing and then need to subscribe to their site to track your info. How much does that cost?? I would like to try it, but $$$ is kind of an issue.
Yes, it's even made by the same company. It's cheaper than the Body Bugg, but it doesn't come with the trainer consult like the Bugg, but you get sleep monitoring which the Body Bugg doesn't have. So that's kind of neat to track too.
There is a monthly subscription, and the cost is different depending on the length you pick.
I got mine on sale at Dick's sporting goods. They have a web site: dickssportingoods.com along with Amazon selling it too.

The subscription is like satellite radio. You have to buy the device, and then pay monthly too. (Kinda stinks, but I guess it's cheaper than a gym. And it's working for me, so for that, it's worth it to me. )
Old 05-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #53  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Suzie - what is sleep monitoring with the GOwear? I have the Bodybugg,
which I really love, I love having a more accurate idea of how many
calories I burn during workouts. I did not find the session with the
trainer very helpful, so that isn't worth extra $$$.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:40 AM   #54  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Tonight's Insomnia Plan:

Nothing left to clean, so I'm cooking instead. 3 bean casserole and turkey meatballs. Maybe some banana bread for DH. After that I'm going to do some yoga on the wii fit.

I ran 4 miles tonight on the indoor track. I this track. It is awesome! Well lit, easy on my joints, water fountains, a/c. It's not as interesting as being outside on a trail, but it will do. I can finally see myself being able to meet my goal of 1000 miles by Dec 31. Now I just need to find lap counter. I know a sporting goods store that sells one, but it's not on my way to work. It may have to wait until the weekend.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #55  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Congrats Rangerchic!!! You did great!!!

I'm sooo looking forward to this summer challenge!!! Trying hard to keep myself as priority when I possibly can. I'm down more already but pushing to drop as much as I can to get back to 210 or so where most of my clothes fit best.

I'm moving the treadmill and stationary bike back to the front room to watch tv on them. Works like a charm.

Well, gotta run, bbl!

Hugs, Selina
Old 05-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #56  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

OOOh I want an indoor track!! Sounds nice.

Forgot to say what I'm not wearing. No more wearing my husband's shirts like I am now! Most of my own stuff fits too snug til I drop at leeeeast 15 more lbs. LOL. I like wearing them now but when I'm smaller I don't. I always choose my own. No more hiding!!!

Bye for now!!!

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 05-15-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #57  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I think that every new building should be built with an indoor track. There, I've solved America's Obesity Crisis and the economy (which would be stimulated by the building of tracks) in one swoop fell. These are some GOOOODD drugs.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSap View Post
Suzie - what is sleep monitoring with the GOwear? I have the Bodybugg,
which I really love, I love having a more accurate idea of how many
calories I burn during workouts. I did not find the session with the
trainer very helpful, so that isn't worth extra $$$.
Wearing it optimally 23 hours a day, it also measures your sleep duration and efficiency so you can see how your sleep effects your health.

There's neat graph that shows when you just were laying down and when you are actually sleeping. I'm about 87% efficient. Kind of neat to see.

Yesterday afternoon it even recorded me laying down for 23 minutes, and sleeping for 18 minutes during a time in the afternoon when I dozed off while watching TV.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #59  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

In an ideal world I would have a screened in path to run outside. The bugs here are HORRIBLE. I end up eating a few every time I go outside. I could use the treadmill but the kids can't seem to leave me alone and not fight. I need to try using it in the morning while they are still sleeping and see if it wakes them up.

Food has been okay. Runs are going well. I'm on W2D2 of my training. I'm up to nearly 1/2 mile jogs now.

A GoFit/BodyBugg type thing sounds cool. Unfortunately for me I know it would probably end up the same place my heart rate monitor went after about a month. The bottom drawer of my dresser is filling up with discarded exercise stuff.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! I can't wait for this challenge, it'll be my first. I feel all kinds of revved up to get motivated and actually exercise. Here's hoping I still feel this way in a month! hehe.

I haven't exercised in a while, so this could get interesting.

Also, all the talk about running is making me nervous. I haven't ran since high school. Can I even physically DO it? I need to find a really good sports bra...

Last edited by Nonnahs; 05-15-2009 at 05:00 PM.