3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing > Biggest Loser Challenges

Old 05-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #76
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Selina - I often send DH out to eat with his family alone if they've chosen someplace that I can't fit into my plan. I've actually come to look forward to that alone time once in a while. Usually I use it to do a new workout, or clean something that I always miss, like the ceiling fans. At first I resented it a little, because I felt left out or like I was mssing out on something. Now I realize that by making the better choice food-wise I'm actually gaining something. I'm gaining a lifestyle that will sustain me and my health will be better in the long-run.
1000 miles in 2010 - 7/1000
Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #77
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy Birthday Marianne - I hope that you have a great day.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #78

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey, hey. I have had a very busy weekend. I feel lost when i miss a day on the boards. I have been trying my best to keep the calories up in the range, but when I get busy I neglect eating. I am trying though. I did WATP Friday and ran 2 miles yesterday. the scale has been a little kinder the last 2 days, 189.4. I'll take that. I just want it to keep going down now.

I need to go check weigh-in dates for the new challenge. Since this is summer, I hope to do better. i like to seeing the 180's, but the 170's would be even better.

Dixie and Shannon- i actually have progress pics, maybe I'll post them. I see it in the pics now. It is still hard fell really happy about my loss since I still have quite a ways to go. The mirror and tape measure still show the flab I have to work on. I will keep working on it though. Dixie- that's what I'm looking for, a playlist. i found a few but they were only compatible with Itouch.

I actually have the rest of the day to get some stuff done around here. So I am off to work in a minute.
Doing it this time, Mindy!!

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #79
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Just popping in to say Hello all! I've really missed coming here. I'm glad there's a summer challenge and can't wait to get started with that. I've been eating good, but not exercising but still managed to drop weight. I'm ready to get back to working out!! And no I'm not waiting til the challenge begins to do that, I'm hitting it in the morning after the boys go to school!
Well gotta go finish watching my Redwings, have an awesome rest of the day!!
~ *Cathy* ~
Old 05-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #80

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Food = okay

Exercise = excellent. I did some gardening and just finished W2D3 of my 10K training. I'm up to 2 miles at a time and about 1/2 mile jogs.

Life = sucky. DH just got a phone call that have lost his job. The company lost their big account that is about 85% of their revenue. There is a meeting tomorrow but right now I feel so lost. This was out of the blue. I will NOT eat my feelings.
Highest weight 306.9
Lowest adult weight I can remember 228
Old 05-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #81

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I just got back from a quick trip to my hometown to spend my birthday with my family. All things considered I stayed pretty OP. We'll see what happens on WI on Tuesday, though.

My mum took me shopping and I am pleased to report that I bought more 14s and larges than 16s and xlarges! Progress!

Time to go unpack and clean the house now...

MissVitality and luckycharm - Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

Zinke - I am so sorry to hear about your DH's company. You all will be in my thoughts. Keep taking care of yourself through this stressful time.
--marianne GO BLUE GO!
First Goal - 25lbs GONE! Now it's the road to GOAL!

“The most important thing in life is to stop saying ‘I wish’ and start saying ‘I will’. Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities.” - David Copperfield
Old 05-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #82
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

You know Dixied, your post helped me remember that the last time I did this I remember being upset at first then too. Then later, as I got results I remember it switching for me, all the sudden I didn't feel sorry for me. I felt sorry for them because they didn't 'get it' yet. LOL. How much better they can feel if they get healthy eating whole foods etc.

Also, the other day I was stuck out at the field with them the other day (he got to talking with other coaches after the game) and we all know there are NO healthy foods at the concession stand, and I was starving so I had half a Mr. Pibb and a Snickers. I didn't eat dinner after that tho. That was dinner because I'd used my cals.

I felt bad that next morning, physically. Yukky. And I just decided I MUST make sure I bring granola bars, etc for my purse when I leave. I hated when that happened to me before, getting stuck without 'my foods.' So I'm thinking ahead now, I'm once again looking more forward to drinking my cold water when before I dreaded it. I'm getting used to it again. So thanks for helping me remember that it becomes normal to not go if it doesn't fit in my plan. I just love the socializing and so much is around food. But I'm up for the challenge!

Happy Birthday Marianne!!! Forgot to add that last time!!

Hugs, Selina
Old 05-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #83

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Doing ok here. Dh is doing better on the medication so things have calmed down a bit. I don't feel like I am stress eating anymore. But I am eating too much junk on the weekends. I vow this will be my last weekend of free eating. I will plan a free meal on the weekend from now on but only one! School will be out in 5 weeks so I need to get this down before I am off for the whole summer. I won't eat my way thru the summer.

Marianne-Happy B-day!! and congrats on the smaller sizes! You are doing a terrific job.

Zinke-so sorry to hear your news. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Mini Goal: 155

Last edited by maryshady; 05-17-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:32 AM   #84

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Mindy - would love to see your progress pics - please post!

Zinke - sorry to hear your news, thinking about you. Keep your chin up.

Everyone else - have a great day - be good and if you can't be good be careful! LOL

I trust myself. I have started so I will finish. I am succeeding.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #85
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Zinke, sorry about your DH losing his job. I hope things work out soon!

And, I do have progress pics, but haven't updated since like March. I need to take a recent one so I can show the first one next to it. I'll try to do that tomorrow since I'm taking the day off.

"Unless you faint, puke, or die keep walking!" --Jillian Michaels

Old 05-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #86

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Default To Make You Smile

A friend sent me this and I liked it so wanted to share!

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Birthdays are good for you; the more you have, the longer you live.

Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.

Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us.

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices every day, how come nothing is free yet?

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty,
some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colours....but
they all exist very nicely in the same box.

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Have an awesome day!..

I trust myself. I have started so I will finish. I am succeeding.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #87

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Zinke- thinking of you-stay strong

Hi to all-not much time to post, just wanted to pop in, hope to be back later, have a great day.

Blue Team

February 1st
Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #88

I'm a newbie to the challenges. I'm excited though- I need a little something to kick me into high gear if I'm going to make my one year goal Sept. 10th.

Once school gets out my daily 'routine' is going to change and I need this commitment to make sure I don't use that change as an excuse to not do what needs be done for me.

1st goal- ONEDERLAND! Check!
2nd goal- Less than 194 (a number I've been stuck at before) CHECK!
3rd goal- Reach the 180's- haven't been there since 1999. CHECK!
4th goal- 180 which means hitting the 50 lbs. lost mark! Check!
5th goal- Switching to size goals now more than pounds goals. Goal is to make it to size 12, at whatever weight that happens. CHECK!
6th goal- Size 10! (can't even believe this is possible!)
7th goal- Size 8 and MAINTAIN!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #89
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Zinke -

Marinanne- Happy belated Birthday!

Busy day for me, I'm stuck at the front desk with a phone that will not stop ringing. At least I'm off the prednisone, so I'm not hyper anymore.

I did something crazy this weekend....I ran 9 miles on Saturday (and 5 yesterday). The indoor track I found is incredible. I bought a lap counter and now I really feel like I can make a breakthru with my running. I'm still slow, but I keep telling myself that I'm training to finish, not training to win. It doesn't matter how fast the first mile is if I can't finish the 2nd mile.

There's kind of an analogy to our weight loss journey there. It doesn't matter how fast or slow we lose the weight, just that we finish the journey.
1000 miles in 2010 - 7/1000
Old 05-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #90
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

It's good to be home, I'm so ready to get back to a regular routine.

As I posted in another thread my last week in MB my eating wasn't great and then when I got home I spent the weekend eating NOTHING but crap. Although I am up 5lbs. from last week I am OK with that.

My real issue is exercise. I really need to make exercise a priority no matter where I am. As you can see by my ticker below I didn't exercise at all while I was gone.

I'm so glad that we have the summer challenge coming up. Posting on a regular basis and keeping my ticker up to date is an excellent way to be accountable. I'm also a huge believer in taking weekly pictures and monthly measurements. Here are a couple of my progress pictures:

And one last one of three generations (boy do I miss them already):
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.
Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 05-18-2009 at 12:58 PM.