Old 01-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #91  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning teamies!

Not a whole lot to share - was bingey on Saturday and it kind of carried over to Sunday. I had done really well dealing with crap at home for a week without eating my emotions, then it all caught up to me Saturday. Too bad, so sad. Back on track now. Not going to dwell. The whole matter of stuff at home relates a lot of me taking care of me, and nobody else. If I won't watch out for my best interests, who will? Bingeing/eating ridonkulously is obviously unrelated to taking care of myself. So enough of that.

angeline - Have a great time at Zumba!

Janelle - Look at you go! Organizing/planning sure helps. Like the image of wrestling with a big ol' exercise ball. What do you keep in your purse for inspirational reading?

fauxtini - Wow, 100lbs! How freakin' exciting!! Tea gives me the warm fuzzies too, especially when there's honey and brandy in there....

Kris - I think I'll try the 30DS. I could use a good cry.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #92  
Rawkin on the BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 155,2(70,4)/146(66,2)/125(57

Height: 5'4

Wink Hey!

Hello all my Bluezers!

Inklestinkle & Nixmom – I try to boredom drink water now and it kind of works.

River – I have lost a lot of inches around my midsection and I notice a BIG improvement when I do yoga. I have the same goal as you, I don't want my stomach hindering from doing a position correct.

Rhonda – I'll kick your butt if you need it But you have to kick back if you see me slacking!

JoyfylVegGirl / Jennifer – I'm transitioning to a more vegan lifestyle (I drink milk and eat fish now and then). Have you had any problems combining veganism with weight training?

Dixied – I woud LOVE an exercise challenge. Maybe we can have a blue exercise accountability thread? It would be fun if some blue team member got together and did Jillians 30 day shread, but I know that there are several challenges like that already.

It is the first Monday of 2009. What are you gonna do with it?
I'm going back to the gym! I book my classes online and the 30 min abs class is fully booked. It must be ”the resolution crowd”. So todays exercise is: 30 min abs, 30 min power (dumbell training) and 60 min pilates. If the pilates class is full I'll just jump on the treadmill.

I'm starting today to logg my food on fitday. So far I'm on plan

I've been 146-148 for 3 weeks now but I hope the exercise in combination with using fitday will get the scale moving. I weigh everyday and I was 148 this morning (again!). I soooo badly want a loss the first week of the challenge.

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #93  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

Good morning Blue Team!

SO, first Monday in 2009 and it's my first day back to work since the 23rd of December. I'm just going to try to survive today and get back into my normal routine. I always screw up my sleep schedule on long breaks. I'm really happy that I was able to get up this morning and do my yoga routine without a hitch.

Anyhoo, today there will be walking and my workout DVD after work. I was kind of slipping on that the past couple of days. Structure! I need it!

Inklestinkle & Nixmom - I am also a boredom eater. What I've found helps me is to distract myself with some activity and I usually forget the urge to eat something. Or I just have a cup of tea. I don't use a lot of sugar, and I'm something of a tea nut, so I'm not sure how much this will help everyone, but it works for me!

SophiaAugusta & River - I'm also into yoga! Maybe we can set up some kind of yoga challenge for those interested in it? I'm not exactly sure how the challenges work just yet.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #94  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning team, hope everyone is doing great. A quick post here to welcome everyone back on the team and the new comers. I'm back on track starting today. It wasn't fun waking up and going to work this morning after being at home for the past 4 days. TBL show starts tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. I hope it's much better than the last season and less drama.

Have a wonderful OP day everyone
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #95  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Just a quick check in before I get to work, Mondays are crazy around here. I did 4 miles on the treadmill this morning, so I need to log it against my 1000 target or I will forget.

I'll go start an exercise thread.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #96  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeline View Post
a quickie here coz I'm soon off to my Zumba class

fauxtini - we spent about 2 weeks driving all around Nova Scotia in Aug. '07. Loved it and I have some beautiful photos to remind me of it. We started in Halifax and then drove all around spending a few days/evenings in Baddeck, Pictou and Lunenberg.

It was a memorable trip and we had a great time!!
First of all.. I always hear of you goingto zumba class. I think mygym offers it once a week. Could you tell me about it?

I lived in Halifax for 5 years, but grew and call my Canadian home, Barrington. Was yarmouth on your journy when you visited? that's near where I lived. Lunenburg is pretty. Something about the fishing communities that make me all all warm inside. Water calms me.. I think that'sbecause of my NS roots :

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE! I got my WORK VISA for the US! Im going to get my SSN today and start looking for jobs! YAY!!!! ( im sure I will be complaining soonabout how working is gettingin the way of my healthy living.. lol But it's been a long time coming.. and I needs ta get my job on!hehe

Last edited by mountain mama; 01-05-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #97  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

If I may, a QOTD: What are your goals for this challenge?

I was thinking about it this morning and my goal is to get to 191 which puts me in the overweight and not the obese category!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #98  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post

I was thinking about it this morning and my goal is to get to 191 which puts me in the overweight and not the obese category!
My goal is to get to 180 which is a little under my half way point to goal...

Oh... and to beat you to Onederland of course
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #99  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Oh... and to beat you to Onederland of course
Oh sucky sucky now (if anyone knows why that's in my head please give me the reference). I was at 208.8 this AM.

ETA - It's actually aww sookie sookie but this doesn't clear up where the heck it's from!

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 01-05-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #100  
budding cinephile

I'm debating on posting in the exercise thread... don't want to give anyone the wrong impression like I'm on the team etc etc.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #101  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
I want to be at my goal weight of 145 by the end of this challenge. That is 37 lbs. from my start weight...but since the Christmas weight melted away as quickly as it appeared...I think it is doable since it is 28 lbs from today's weight. I know it won't be easy as I get closer to goal...but I guess that's why they call it a challenge!

I have to get healthy first though. I woke up with every intention of going to work and walking today. After about a half hour I had to abandon the work idea...This cold is really kicking my butt! I'm going to try to get up later and get some kind of movement in...We'll see...
Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #102  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Oh sucky sucky now (if anyone knows why that's in my head please give me the reference). I was at 208.8 this AM.
I was 207.5

PS: I'm having to choke down this polenta I made and its really rather horrible. Note to self: Michelle needs to buy polenta instead of attempting to make it.

Last edited by chellez; 01-05-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #103  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
My goal is to lose as much weight as possible. I'm hoping for Onederland, but will take whatever my body will let loose for the next 12 weeks. I'll stay on-plan and work-out and see what happens.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #104  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Abby-Congratulations on the work Visa! I'm sure that is a big relief! But I must say you have put all this free time to exceptionally good use!

OK...ignorant QOTD. What is Polenta?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

My goal for this challenge is to get to my goal weight! and tone up my body