Old 05-04-2008, 12:38 AM   #1  

Default TBL "Just Beachy" Red Team Chat #2

I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of starting thread for week two.

Just wanted to stop by and hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Took the kids bowling today and I think I'm finally enjoying myself again without worrying that people are staring at my size -- I haven't lost too much yet, but I'm trying to refocus on myself, family, etc. instead of the insecurities I've attached to my weight. It's an odd feeling.

Have a great Day one of week two!!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:34 AM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Thats totally fine!! thanks a million Shelby! I'm so excited at your newfound confidence!!! I love bowling!
Old 05-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #3  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Shelby, way to go on focusing on your family rather than the weight.
Great NSV congrats.
Hi Melissa, Hula hooping would be so much fun. I should give it a try.
I will try to get up with this thread it just moves so fast, which is good, it means people are posting.
Yeah
Old 05-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #4  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Good Sunday Morning

AH! It's so nice to just scroll down 3 posts instead of 17 pages . LOL! I'm really bummed this morning. I weighed myself when I got up and I'm 280.6. I gained .6lb. I know TOM is due today or tomorrow but still. Its just a drag to work so hard all week for nothing. Well next week I'm going to have really good numbers and I'm getting out of the 280's once and for all! I think the 280's love me...LOL! I took everyone's advice and I started writing down what I eat and at the end of the day I add up the calories and not one day this week did I go over. I must say that Food Journaling is FUN! It's really nice to not have to second guess myself all the time now. I have my trusty biggest loser calorie book, my calculator and I even bought myself a really pretty journal to write all of this down in. It's FUN! Anyway enough about me! I hope all of you have a really relaxing Sunday!

shelby897~ That happened to me last Sunday. I was out with the Family shopping and for the first time in YEARS I "forgot" to be selfconsious. It felt so good to just let go and have fun and never mind everyone else!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #5  

Hey Lonnie! Good job with the journaling! I just started doing this again myself, just to see what is really going on with my eating. I do it with my exercise too cause it is fun to see the improvement.

I read once that people underestimate what they eat by something like 25% (something like that) if they don't write it down....so, it makes sense that it helps us.

hope everyone else is having a great weekend.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #6  

I have to share my last bowling experience -- because my 5 year old brought it up when we got out of the car last night --

The boys and I met a friend of mine and her daughter to go bowling, as I bent over to help my little guy take his shoes off, the back of my very old jeans split completely open (and they weren't too tight!!) -- so I had to leave the kids with my friend to go across the street to buy some pants, ask the clerk if I could "take them to go" and run back to bowling. The kids asked me last night if I thought that would happen again!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day -- and I think the only way to keep up on the 100's of posts would be to check here every 10 minutes!!

Lonnie -- I have done 300% better since I started WW and now write down every crumb that passes my lips. It definitely makes me more aware and I don't mindlessly eat like I used to.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #7  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

i weighed in again this morning just to see how i was doing compared to yesterday....and i am 145.6 - so thats 1.2 lbs lost since the initial weigh in on 4/20/08.....so i'm happy. me and hubby talked last night about healthy eating, he's gonna help me find things i like to eat that are healthy...he likes healthy foods and i'm way picky....so it'll be an uphill battle....but i'm gonna try. so might start journalling my food again like i used to. might help me out. need to try to stay at 1400-1600 calories plus my workouts to get some weight loss under my belt (lol)....we shall see how well i do from now on...but might start my weigh ins back at sunday, i usually do better so my next weigh in will be next sunday wish me luck LOL

i need to find a calories book to keep in my purse for when i'm out....used to have the calorie king book....might look on amaxon or ebay for one. also wanna get the denise austin pilates dvd....i have 4 jerseys (nfl and mlb) on ebay of hubby's ending in les than two hours....so from those payments in my paypal acct i can pay the shipping for those and then order my dvd and book and pay then have the rest sent to my checking acct...so i can get what i want before it comes from my regular acct.....that's gonna be my treat for losing over 1 lb since starting this.....

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 05-04-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #8  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Good Sunday Morning my teammies!!!

Shelby~ for you!! We just can't live our lives worried what others think about us on the outside, life's too short.

Lonnie~ I love journaling too. it helps me a lot with getting things out of my head and just tracking food and exercise.

Everyone~ hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I'm off to go workout. I weighed in and am 2 lbs down! that's my weekly goal on weight loss. Oh... need to go do my numbers and get those up!!
BBL...
Old 05-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Hey, I finally got back to post and there's a new thread...much easier to "catch up" now.

Well, this week probably wasn't the best week for me to start this challenge, but no matter, I will NOT, as usual, throw my hands up in despair, seek the nearest bag of cookies and quit...I am seeing this through. I was ravenous most of the week (pre-menstrual) and wholly uninspired to exercise... all of which surely contributed to my 1.5lb increase! I'm not making excuses, I'm just doing some self examination in order to avoid the same behavior next month!

That said, I am heading out the door for a day of gardening, my favorite form of exercise! The hard stuff, not just putting the pansies in!

I've just started the "Just Pushin' It" challenge... am looking forward to improving those numbers.

Have a great day, all!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #10  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlifestyle View Post
Hi Melissa, Hula hooping would be so much fun. I should give it a try.
I will try to get up with this thread it just moves so fast, which is good, it means people are posting.
Yeah
You really should!! What I love about it most is that it doesnt feel like exercise! I'm just having fun, having a laugh and working out at the same time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent View Post
I'm really bummed this morning. I weighed myself when I got up and I'm 280.6. I gained .6lb. I know TOM is due today or tomorrow but still. Its just a drag to work so hard all week for nothing. Well next week I'm going to have really good numbers and I'm getting out of the 280's once and for all! I think the 280's love me...LOL!
Well I might as well just go ahead and get it over with...SCALES ARE FOR FISH!!! Dont put too much stock in them, they change WAY too much from day to day even hour to hour! Just celebrate the fact that you are doing what you need to do to get that healthy body! The 280s are what we have come to call here on the Red team ....your bumper number! That number you just cant seem to get away from, or you do get away from it and it comes back again!! Mines 240-236 grr! Hate seeing those numbers LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
I have to share my last bowling experience -- because my 5 year old brought it up when we got out of the car last night --

The boys and I met a friend of mine and her daughter to go bowling, as I bent over to help my little guy take his shoes off, the back of my very old jeans split completely open (and they weren't too tight!!) -- so I had to leave the kids with my friend to go across the street to buy some pants, ask the clerk if I could "take them to go" and run back to bowling. The kids asked me last night if I thought that would happen again!!
LOL!! Thats a cute story!! I better watch it or I'm gonna be doing the same thing here soon! I dont know about anyone else but I dont buy new clothes until I absolutely have to..and I'm there ! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife02 View Post
i weighed in again this morning just to see how i was doing compared to yesterday....and i am 145.6 - so thats 1.2 lbs lost since the initial weigh in on 4/20/08.....
i need to find a calories book to keep in my purse for when i'm out....used to have the calorie king book....might look on amaxon or ebay for one.
WOOOHOO!! Excellent job on your loss!! Thats fantastic news! I saw at the pharmacy the other day that The Biggest Loser has a calorie book, might wanna check that one out too! Keep up the good work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsgetnhealthy View Post
Good Sunday Morning my teammies!!!

Everyone~ hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I'm off to go workout. I weighed in and am 2 lbs down! that's my weekly goal on weight loss. Oh... need to go do my numbers and get those up!!
BBL...
Yay!!! Way to go Cathy!!! I hope you had a fantastic workout! Excellent job on meeting that weekly goal!! You are doing so great!

Chicki....Good Sunday Morning!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #11  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabgood View Post
Well, this week probably wasn't the best week for me to start this challenge, but no matter, I will NOT, as usual, throw my hands up in despair, seek the nearest bag of cookies and quit...I am seeing this through. I was ravenous most of the week (pre-menstrual) and wholly uninspired to exercise... all of which surely contributed to my 1.5lb increase! I'm not making excuses, I'm just doing some self examination in order to avoid the same behavior next month!
This week was a bad week for me to start too! But lets just look at it this way...we got the bad week out of the way (cuz we know everyone is gonna have one!)! LOL!! Now its all downhill from here! Have a fantastic day out in the sunshine!!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #12  
Melissa

Couple of reminders Red team:

Don't forget Weigh Ins are due tomorrow! Monday 11:59pm EST!

and

We started our Pushing it challenge today! Its not too late to join get those starting numbers posted up!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #13  
Melissa

I'm all shaky from doing my Pushing it challenge stuff!! LOL! Oye!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Glad I was in good company, Hun!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #15  
Takin' charge of my life!

Oh I still have to update my numbers for the Pushing challenge.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I think I am going to go out for a run after listening to Jillian's radio show online.

The scale is not my friend so far this week. I haven't lost any but I haven't gained any either. I'm trying to log everything so that I can have someone look at it next week to see where I am going wrong.