View Poll Results: How do you feel about private weigh ins?
I Like the Idea! 13 27.08%
I Hate the Idea... 17 35.42%
I Could Care Less... 18 37.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #31  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
chellez
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbeth View Post
I think the numbers should be posted. It provides more accountability...which is the purpose of the game. If someone does not want to post numbers, they can choose to not play.
I want to play in the next round....but I don't know what the point would be in playing if numbers weren't posted because I would not be accountable to post my numbers each week.
Beth
The way I'm reading it I'm thinking that you're misunderstanding. But I could be wrong... it's happened before. Everyone is still just as accountable as before, its just not public.

By having the weigh in's PM'd to team leaders, it only takes away the public display of numbers and helps cut down on potential cheaters.

I know we are all grown ups here and it seems like we shouldn't have to shift things around to make it seem secretive or childish. I'm just trying to protect the integrity of the challenges I run.
...and besides....no one will be stopping anyone from displaying their info on tickers and whatnot.

SB, I thought you were skipping this next challenge anyway to run a NSV one someplace? Have you scrapped that idea?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #32  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Anyway, I would love for Chellez to explain what she meant.
What I meant was to be plain and simple is that I'm suspecting that someone, to whom will not be named is cheating.

This is the way I'm attempting to fix the problem.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #33  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Can any of us truly understand Chelle?
Nope.... I don't think anyone ever will... thats what makes it so snazzy!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #34  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
What I meant was to be plain and simple is that I'm suspecting that someone, to whom will not be named is cheating.

This is the way I'm attempting to fix the problem.
Well, that's weird. Actually, it's horrible, and pathetic too! If that is true, it's only themselves they are cheating, after all. I mean, it's a challenge on the internet, intended for support and friendly competition, it's not like there's even a PRIZE or anything!

Diva, I was planning on sitting the next one out to focus on victories that aren't scale only, and after learning this, I am more sure about that choice! That doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about this all.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #35  
budding cinephile

Actually there is a prize...
Old 03-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #36  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Actually there is a prize...
What? That's news to me!!! I didn't get any prize when I won last time. You said you were mailing me a card and I never got one, (as you know) but there's a prize too? I don't understand.

Yes, we discussed this all before, except the actual "prize".

YOUR finger? More than my finger is twitching. I am having a really bad day (no sleep, migraine, fighting with DH) and now I find out I was supposed to get a prize and didn't? So, what was the prize?

Last edited by chellez; 03-25-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #37  
budding cinephile

*sigh* My finger's getting twitchy

I mailed you a card and a prize inside to the address you gave me. I'm sorry you never got it.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #38  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

It is very disappointing to learn that someone may be cheating. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. I honestly can't tell you how many weeks red has won, come in 2nd or dead last.

The support we give each other on the chat thread along with holding myself accountable is why I chose to participate this time around. With so few lbs. left to lose, I knew I wasn't going to be much help to my team in the weigh-ins. My little .8 loss doesn't count for much in the overall stats.

That being said, I think I would be disappointed if losses were kept secret. I LOVE cheering on team-mates that have done well. Without EVERYONE posting their gains/losses, it would seem like bragging if you posted that you lost say 3.2 lbs in a week. Thus, few people would post their losses.

Even with ticker changes, it is unlikely that I would spot which teammates had lost that week. I think the support we give one another when we are doing well, and when we need encouragement is a big part of why I love this challenge.

I certainly understand wanting to curtail cheating. And if this is the only way to do it, I understand. But it would definitely make the contest less enjoyable for me.

Last edited by CountingDown; 03-25-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #39  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
It is very disappointing to learn that someone may be cheating. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. I honestly can't tell you how many weeks red has won, come in 2nd or dead last.

Yeah, I don't know either.

I agree with the rest of your post 100% too.

As far as cheating" goes, the only "cheaters" we all know about and can say are "cheaters" with any certainty are the people who have "cheated" on their diet and exercise plans. ALL 3 threads are FULL of them.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #40  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Sucks. But doesn't shock me AT ALL. Heck, I've been on pregnancy/mom boards where gals FAKE entire pregnancies (complete with complications and prayer requests), deliveries and children.

In reality - the support and help I've received in this challenge has had nothing to do with how much or how little my teammates have lost. Keeping the numbers confidential would make the ending like a great reveal! The whole idea is growing on me now!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #41  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
Sucks. But doesn't shock me AT ALL. Heck, I've been on pregnancy/mom boards where gals FAKE entire pregnancies (complete with complications and prayer requests), deliveries and children.
Wow, that takes a special type of mental illness.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #42  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
OMG!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #43  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Heck, I've been on pregnancy/mom boards where gals FAKE entire pregnancies (complete with complications and prayer requests), deliveries and children.
Wow. Those are some really pathetic women. Sounds like they need a mental health board, instead.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #44  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Posting the numbers publicly, despite the fact that nobody really cares, keeps me somewhat accountable when I am struggling as I don't want someone to see a big + by my name. At the same time, I've never once cared when someone else posts a + as I understand things happen. Public posting also gives us a better ability to recognize big losers without them having to necessarily announce their success in the discussion thread. The weigh ins are already a somewhat minor part of the game (or at least it seems on the blue team) and private weigh ins would even further minimize their significance in the game. Although the game is more about the support and discussion thread, the numbers are still at the core of the game and, as such, should be public and accessible by all. Just my opinion of course and I can't wait until next game either way!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #45  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
What? That's news to me!!! I didn't get any prize when I won last time. You said you were mailing me a card and I never got one, (as you know) but there's a prize too? I don't understand.

Yes, we discussed this all before, except the actual "prize".
Really no one was supposed to get a prize. Since this is a free competition with no guarentee of results or prizes, its not required of me to give anyone anything except for naming someone the Biggest Loser.

I've always felt like there should be something more for a winner so starting last challenge I bought a gift for the winner. I made the decision and bought it in like week 9 or 10, before I knew who it was.

If you really must know, it was a $20.00 gift card to Target. Nothing special, nothing magical. Just a gift card and a Christmas card saying congratulations. Like I said a million times before, I'm sorry you never received it. I used the address you gave me.

I do remember telling you about the prize in pm's because I remember telling you that someone may have taken your card and used what was inside of it.

Anyway I'm done talking about that. Your posts have been restored. I deleted them and left comment (which apparently only mods can see) that I felt that the matter should have moved to PMs, which it did for about 5 mins. So if you really need the bickering to be public, its up.

Just so you know, I'm also tired of things, I'm tired of ever since this challenge started and I'm asking constructive questions to try and please the masses that I'm getting virtually cried, whined and yelled at because I change or want to change a rule. I just finished telling someone in a PM that I feel like this has been the most drama ridden challenge yet, centered around the questions I'm asking members about the challenge they participate in to make it better.

Anyway... I'm done.... I'm sure I'll have a few replies within 5 mins... If you need me PM me.