View Poll Results: How do you feel about private weigh ins?
I Like the Idea! 13 27.08%
I Hate the Idea... 17 35.42%
I Could Care Less... 18 37.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #46  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Really no one was supposed to get a prize. Since this is a free competition with no guarentee of results or prizes, its not required of me to give anyone anything except for naming someone the Biggest Loser.

I've always felt like there should be something more for a winner so starting last challenge I bought a gift for the winner. I made the decision and bought it in like week 9 or 10, before I knew who it was.

If you really must know, it was a $20.00 gift card to Target. Nothing special, nothing magical. Just a gift card and a Christmas card saying congratulations. Like I said a million times before, I'm sorry you never received it. I used the address you gave me.

I do remember telling you about the prize in pm's because I remember telling you that someone may have taken your card and used what was inside of it.
Since you have requested that we do not discuss this any further I'll drop it after saying this: You mentioned a "prize" then referred to it as a "card" after that, when we discussed how I never received anything so I didn't understand what that meant, as you never specified until now.

Also, that was a thoughtful gesture and even though I never received it, I want to thank you for your thoughtfulness.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:14 PM   #47  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I could see hiding numbers from actual people you knew, but for our teams, on the internet. I think that is why I am here, to be accountable to everyone, and not have social or political drama attached. For example, I don't want to be in a family challenge where someone was there in my face looking and preaching about what I am eating!
I voted that I love the idea, accidently, hahaha, Chellez please change mine to I don't care. I am okay with whatever everyone decides because that's how I am, easy going. Either way, I will join you all next round.

Here's a question, do we have challenges even when there is no TBL on tv?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:16 PM   #48  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Here's a question, do we have challenges even when there is no TBL on tv?
Yep. The next challenge is when TBL is not on.

I try to run a new one every 13 to 14 weeks
Old 03-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #49  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Well, it's true, no one HAS to respond to PM's, ever, but I for one would want a response and would ask for one (which could then be ignored, right? ).
I responded to you when you PM'd me! LOL!

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 03-25-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #50  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I must have my head in the sand I had no idea about the Drama. Red Team land has been fairly peaceful.

Sorry to hear there is this going on though.

I like to see other peoples weights. Not to compare myself to, but I like to be able to cheer along with people.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:10 AM   #51  
Takin' charge of my life!

I'm with Muse, had no idea about the drama. Our Red Team rocks! ...as far as I know anyway!!

I don't see why anyone would cheat on here as they don't win anything by doing it really...we are not out to win $250,000.00 or even $1. I would hope people would be honest but I know there is always going to be that 1 person or 2 or 3 that have to ruin it for everyone else.

Chell, I am up to whatever you decide. I like to root people on with their weight losses and try to cheer them up when they have a weight gain.

Maybe what we can do is PM our weights to the team leaders and then the team leaders post the weights that were PM'd to them after every they have gotten all of the weights... kind of like the weigh ins on the show... I'm sure this has probably been thought of, but figured I would put it out there. And if someone is going to "cheat", disqualify them for the rest of the challenge and maybe future challenges... just my thoughts...
Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #52  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
I responded to you when you PM'd me! LOL!
Yes, you did and I appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
I must have my head in the sand I had no idea about the Drama. Red Team land has been fairly peaceful.

Sorry to hear there is this going on though.

I like to see other peoples weights. Not to compare myself to, but I like to be able to cheer along with people.
Yeah, the drama was news to me too, before yesterday.

I like seeing other people's weights too. I think it's incredible that you lost 10 pounds in one week, for instance! That's way more than I've ever lost, even when I was really sick!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Holy ****!!

What the **** happened in here!

Kiss and make up, or leave it behind and move on children
Old 03-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #54  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

as for my opinion, i like the public weigh ins... it makes me more accountable
Old 03-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #55  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi18 View Post
I'm with Muse, had no idea about the drama. Our Red Team rocks! ...as far as I know anyway!!

Maybe what we can do is PM our weights to the team leaders and then the team leaders post the weights that were PM'd to them after every they have gotten all of the weights... kind of like the weigh ins on the show... I'm sure this has probably been thought of, but figured I would put it out there. And if someone is going to "cheat", disqualify them for the rest of the challenge and maybe future challenges... just my thoughts...
First of all...you know it sister!! Red rox sox!! As my teen would say! LOL!

And I love this idea! I'd be down for doing it like that!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #56  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

"I like seeing other people's weights too. I think it's incredible that you lost 10 pounds in one week, for instance! That's way more than I've ever lost, even when I was really sick!!!"

Lol SB that was the first week so that was 2 weeks worth of weigh ins and getting rid of the post-holiday bloat. The only time I've ever lost that much before was on week one of starting a new program. Would be nice though! I can certainly afford to lose it.

-muse (whos already up two since monday. Stupid TOM.)
Old 03-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #57  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I haven't voted in the poll but I will. I don't care either way. I was in such a bad place this current challenge that you would think I would vote for private weigh ins but I agree it is very encouraging to see everyone's weigh ins.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #58  

I like to read weigh ins it helps me i like to see how everone is doing but thats me. hope we all have a good weight loss this week good luck
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #59  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

I know personally for the Blue Team, if we decide to go with this system, I'm going to have a message prepped and ready to give a reply saying I got the weigh in. That way you know I got it. If you don't get the message before the deadline... I either didn't get it or haven't gotten to my box.

Then there would be a limbo of wondering if they're still in the competition or booted.
Have there been a lot of people requesting that their weight be private? I guess I"m not understanding why a change now? I voted the 3rd option, but if we're going to do TBL, on the show their weight is public, making them accountable. And some that I read who feel bad because they're not dropping weight, I've not dropped a bunch of weight, but doing this competition keeps me on that path of getting healthy, and that's what this is all about, to/for me. I'd just hate for people to feel bad that doing their best isn't good enough. Anyway, whatever is decided is fine by me.
*** adding more after reading all the posts***
Wow, cheating? I agree with who said they're only cheating themselves. I'll go with whatever makes it easier on our team leaders and Chellez. :hugs:

Last edited by Catsgetnhealthy; 03-30-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well I like the idea of posting weight on the thread because to me it does keep accountiblility, I lost the first couple of weeks then gained then lost a little and have been maintaining lately -I can understand keeping things on the up and up but we are all adults so I just don't understand why anyone would even think of cheating? If they are posting more of a weight loss then they are cheating themselves and I guess they are the ones that have to think about each day and weekly when they get on the scale.
Someone said maybe PM them and then let the team lead post them in the thread. We could set up our post like we did this time that way all that is done then our Team Lead could just posts the weight after they are all in, what do you think about that? Anyways I am going to vote no private weigh ins.....