S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Frou
Glad you are feeling better.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #242  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Just popping in to say hello!! All dh's family finally left yesterday so Christmas is officially over!! I did stick to my workouts and have dropped 5lbs since I weighed in on Wednesday. Which I would celebrate but I had gained 7 since Thanksgiving. I preordered the new BL workouts and they rock!! I do both back to back, every other day, I'm at the beginners level, and doing my WATP dvd's as well. I split it up doing some in the morning and the rest in the evening. My goal is 60-90 minutes of exercise 6 days. And it's paying off. I'm also staying OP with my WW. I'm doing Flex. Also getting in a minimum 64oz of water, which is quite a feat for me with it being so cold out. But I've been buying cases of bottled water and that seems to make it a lot easier. And the kids drink a lot more water now too.
I hope everyone is doing well. I think it'll be quite a challenge keeping up with one thread and trying to get to know everyone, should be interesting.
The Biggest Loser Australia is on today on the Fox reality station. So I'll have that on while we're cleaning up all the Christmas stuff. I didn't realize that Bob and Jillian went there to be the trainers, I wonder if it's like that on the U.K. version or do they have their own trainers? I'm looking forward to the next season starting Tuesday.
Can't wait to get this challenge going again!!
Have a wonderful Sunday and I'll check back later.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #243  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I watched a little of the UK version and they had different trainers, very bob and jillian like but not quite bob and jillian thats for sure.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm working hard at getting some organization done and get caught up on some things before I have to go back to classes on Wednesday...why oh why did I take a winter session class? I could have 3 more weeks to do all this stuff!

My resolutions for the new year are getting healthy of course (sorry Valerie I've got at least 1 more year of thinking about my weight on New Years day) and getting more organized.

Last big football day for me since my broncos arent going anywhere near the playoffs.

Be good everyone!! I hope 2008 is the year all your goals are met!!

~melissa
Old 12-30-2007, 01:19 PM   #244  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone! I'm so sorry that I've deserted everyone here during this holiday season. I must confess that I've been hiding from everyone as I've been so 100% off-plan. I'm afraid to get on the scales, but I will make myself do this on Tuesday morning. Thank God there won't be any more holiday events to worry about for quite a while! Part of my problems is that I'm feeling a bit depressed. My brother, sister-in-law and nephews will be going back out of the country at the end of the week. And, my favorite neighbors are moving at the end of this month. Additionally, the 28th was the third anniversary of my Mom's death. I thought I was handling everything pretty well....until I realized that I was searching out the sugary carbs. I always do this when I'm feeling tense or just a little down.
I lost 30 pounds this year and I know I can lose another 30 pounds or more in 2008. I need to go over to the the Chicks on the Beach area and download the current phase one foods. I plan on doing Phase 1 again...no matter how much I hate it...as I need to get my body weaned from the sugar and get my body jump started. Its been a while and I know there have been some changes to phase 1. I promise everyone....I will be here everyday...no matter what happens with my plan. I really believe that the reason I actually lost weight this year and maintained that loss is because I have continued to visit 3FC almost daily
Old 12-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #245  
Melissa

Okay so I've been watching Aussie BL and holy crap!! I've been bawling the whole time. It is so different from the american version. I just watched a whole episode and there wasnt a weigh in. Its alot more about the emotional aspects of losing. Of course it may have centered around the fact that Bob's mother died of a heart attack and had to leave(hello tears!) and all the emotions that brought up in the contestants. Jillian took over both teams and all I can say is that if I were a Jillian fan I'd be really ticked about how she is portrayed in America, because I've only ever seen her on the American version and I hated her, she seemed like a raging Beeotch to me. Totally different on the Aussie version, shes very caring and supportive, tough but such a warm heart, I actually really like her alot. The way she brought the teams together in Bobs tragedy is really admirable. Now I'm stuck to the tv! LOL!

~melissa
Old 12-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #246  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I don't think I have that channel but now I wish I did.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

How do you guys find these inter'l versions - do you have digital cable or satellite or something?

Rhonda, a friend just shared with me that she put up a little mini-white board on her pantry door. Every time she goes searching for something she must first fill in the blank on the whiteboard: "I feel _________." ONLY if the answer she writes if HUNGRY, can she open the pantry. Otherwise, she redirects herself. I thought this was a really good idea.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #248  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Thank you Rennie!

Cathy...WTG on the loss!

Rhonda...hugs to you! 3fc is what keep sme going too!

Melissa...going to have to check it out...I feel/felt the same about Jillian...big Bob fan! Your resolutions are the same as mine...only I am not calling them resolutions but goals. Seems like when I say the word resolution I am setting myself up to fail. But yeah, I plan on getting more organized...used to be and not sure what happened. And working on getting healthy.

Fran...hiya! We have directv, there's a whole marathon on.

Hello to everyone else Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Nothing special going on with me today. My new mantra and it's under my username...is Tomorrow begins today and for me it did. I thought what the heck, why am I going to wait until the first to get back on the exercise bandwagon? So I did 45 minutes today and must say....it feels good! Working my way back up to 60-90 minutes.

Have a good one ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-30-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:31 PM   #249  

Hello All!

Frou - Hello my fellow Kansan! I love your new mantra! That's something I have to keep reminding myself of! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Rhonda - I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it. I tend to stay away when I'm not doing well, also. Not so long ago, I was having a rough time and I remember you were one that encouraged me. I'm glad you're back! You can do this! We're all here for you.

Cats - you're doing great on the exercise and water! I've been doing about 30 minutes a day for now, and I've always had a hard time getting enough water in. I need to start working harder on that.

Andi - nice to meet you and welcome!

Diva - thanks for all of the articles. They are very inspiring.

Selina - how's your daughter doing?

Cassie and everyone else I missed - I understand about not being able to keep up with everyone. Keep posting and don't worry about the personals. You never know how much your posting helps everyone else!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #250  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

My Redskins are going to the playoffs!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 12-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Really good show on Discovery Health right now about how we gain/lose weight, called "How to be Slim/The Truth about Food." It's a new show as far as I know. Very interesting - check it out!! The just did an experiment on a skinny girl and fat girl to find out the RMR and found out the fat girl was truly eating 50% more than the skinny girl. Then they did an experiment and fed 3 guys carbs, proteins, and fat and seeing how long they can go without needing to eat again. I think protein won.

Last edited by sportmom; 12-30-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #252  
Melissa

Fran the Aussie BL is on the Fox reality channel on Directv, I'm not sure if other carriers carry it. I really like it alot. Its on again tomorrow.

~melissa
Old 12-30-2007, 11:54 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hey gals! WOW we are a chatty bunch... It's hard to keep up with, and there aren't all 100+ who signed up chatting here even. I've done personals below, I'm SOOO sorry if I missed anybody, it was overwhelming.

I'm doing alright. Still not back on track 100%, but getting better day by day. I stepped on the scale today and SURPRISE I've actually lost a pound from my pre-Christmas weigh-in. I had gained a bunch before Xmas, so I'm glad to be working back down.

Tomorrow I have on the agenda to go and buy either a new swimsuit or new runners. I want to start getting off my butt more, and need some new gear to do it safely. Need to sleep on it a little more and then decide what it will be. Probably new runners tomorrow, and a swimsuit in a couple months. The days are getting longer again, so I'm more likely to get out for a walk again now. Tomorrow we're also going grocery shopping, and I'm determined to menu plan more frequently now that school is over - menu is planned through the 5th so that should be a good start.

Tina - I'm so glad you and your family had a great Christmas! How exciting to be able to record your family events now, too!

Shay - I hear ya on the body-not-loving-Christmas-food situation... ugh. How is the prevention planner? I can't decide whether to pick it up or not - I'm trying to cut down on the # of magazines I buy!

Chelle - Yahooo! You're getting your treadmill! Woo hooo!

Roni - Ugh, I'm right there with you on the food and bloating... time to get back on track completely, instead of this half-assed job I've been doing the last couple days! I'm getting back on the water wagon too, and running to the loo all the time too! I'm so sorry to hear you were stalked - how awful! I like the suggestions that you do headless shots!

Selina - I'm so sorry your little one is fighting pneumonia, it can be so scary! Hope it passes quickly. I am so impressed with you sticking OP for over 125 days, especially through the holidays and your recent stresses. You are such an inspiration to me!

sportmom - glad to see you SO stoked for the challenge! I am too. I find that the measurements change reeeeally slowly too, but I'm going to play it by ear and may just end up doing beginning and ending, like you. Also - WOW about that 50% more thing on TV ... I'll have to see if it's playing anywhere up here. Also - LOVE your friends idea with the whiteboard and emotions. Thanks for the tip!

BellyBuster - congrats on 14lbs down! That DDR should help, eh? I've heard it's a good calorie burn!

Melissa - Have you got that workout in? How are you feeling a couple days later? I do journal (see my signature for a link to my blog), but I have gotten out of the habit of journaling my food. I'm workin' on getting back into it!

Karen - Yahooo on the exercise! Baby steps is the way to go! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I really liked your excuse graveyard - I might have to try that myself.

onthetee - How are you feeling being back OP? How lucky that you can make use of your cousin's skills! Let us know how it goes.

Rennie - if you stick with once a week, I bet you'll be okay. I used to really struggle with the numbers too, but recently I've been weighing daily and NOT letting myself tie the number to my self-worth... ultimately, it is JUST a number, not a reflection on who we are as individuals!!

Frou - LOVE the new mantra! Good call on not waiting til the 1st when you can start now. Hope you are feeling better!

GirlyGirlSebas - Girl, what's done is DONE. All you can do from here is make changes and work with whatever the situation is. I understand being scared of the scale (I sure was this morning!) but just jump on - whatever you weigh, you weigh, and you go on from here.

Catsgetnhealthy - Congrats on getting so close to your pre-Thanksgiving weight! Glad to hear you are getting in lots of exercise... I really need to get my butt moving more.

Cassie - Keeping up with chat is HARD, eh? Just do the best you can to check in frequently, even if you can't do personals - we'll all understand and just want to keep cheering you on!

Andi - Love your birthday goal! My "best" weight (and goal now!) is 160lbs, too, around when I was 18ish.

Last edited by practiceliving; 12-30-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:36 AM   #254  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Talking

Good mornng ladies!
I'm thinking with as many people as we have and will get, it's inconceivable for anyone to think that we can keep up with everybody and do a long list of personals, but that's JMO. I try, but I usually just respond to someone that has touched me in some way. I appraciate every single person who shares and posts here, but I don't think it's expected that we respond to every single person, yanno? Alot of us have kids, jobs, and hubbies, which counts as an extra kid right?
I know I plan on getting busy in 08 and getting a life again. Just do your best, try and check in once a day or every other day, even if ya don't post you can read the post5s so ya don't get so behind and don't forget weigh in and do your best. Don't beat yourself up if ya can't keep up or respond to everything and please don't beat yourself up if ya have a mess up on your diet plan. We are only human and we will mess up. Just dust yourself off, forgive yourself and continue on the good path.

Also......

may we all reach our golas in 2008 and have a great year and make a new friend or two!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #255  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning ladies!

Well I've been busy packing and nature finally told me I needed to chill with my TOM so I'm kind of grounded (at least until tonight! ) I'm not going to lie, I plan on getting drunk as a fish as my last hoorah of the year before I start my real fitness program.

I started a couples season discussion thread so now thats up.

We've still got names coming in for the next challenge so I'm really interested to see how many people actually stick around!

Have a safe and Happy New Year ladies and remember no drinking and driving!

PS: I'll be staying at a friends house