Old 12-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #106  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Good morning everyone! I just have to say that I am SO HAPPY because I finally broke out of the vicious cycle I've been in since the end of October where I would gain and lose the same 3 pounds week after week after week. I couldn't seem to get below 146, but this morning I weighed in at 144! I couldn't be happier (well actually I could be happier if it wasn't Monday morning and I wasn't on the end of my TOM, but this is good enough!) I'm going to work my butt off this week to stay on plan with food and exercise so that I can relax a little over the weekend and enjoy some good food but not overindulge.

Well have to run to get ready for work, but just wanted to pop in and share my enthusiasm this morning for continuing our weight loss journies!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #107  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Happy Monday!

Shay- Congrats on your three A's for your class!
NoVaVTFan - Congrats on breaking through 146 and moving down!

How's everyone else doing? Its a busy time of the year. Hope everyone is taking a few minutes for themselves each day. Don't let this craziness get to you!

I made it through the weekend. Weekends are tough. It is so much easier to stay on-plan during the week while Hubby and I are working and the kids are in school. Of course, this week will not be a typical week at all. I'm on vacation starting Wednesday and I don't go back to work until the day after Christmas. I'm going to do my best to have a loss for next Monday's weigh-in despite the random schedule I'll be following. Speaking of losses...today is weigh-in day for me and I lost 3.2 pounds! This is my first loss in 7 weeks and I'm psyched to do it again..and again...and again.

Shay- Congrats on your three A's for your class!
NoVaVTFan - Congrats on breaking through 146 and moving down!

Today's plan - Three meals and three snacks...all on-plan. And, start drinking more water. Today, I will drink 4 glasses.

Today's menu-
Breakfast - steelcut oatmeal and two slices of turkey bacon
Snack - celery & peanut butter
Lunch - cup of vegetable beef soup with slice of German dark wheat bread
Snack - smoothie
Dinner - leftover steak with steamed veggies

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:21 AM   #108  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hello Shay! Congratz on your 3 A's! You totally rock gf!!!!

Well, TOM came in the rudest way this weekend. I guess that in combination with my "have a nibble here and there" of Christmas cookies I am up a couple of lbs. Guess I really don't wanna lose weight.

I tackled my moutain of laundry yesterday too and stll have the linens to do today. Gonna grab some exercise if the cramps don't kick in.

Hugs Mel.

Last edited by Diva; 12-17-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 AM   #109  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning everyone!

Well there's only a few more days to get those last minute gifts before Christmas! I finally bought my hubby something last night and I have my parents finished. I still have to get my grandma done which I think I might go back to the outlets this weekend and get her gift. She usually is so easy to buy for.

I bought my puppy over the weekend and she's home all by her lonesome this morning! We named her Alexia Maximus but we call her Lexi for short. She is such a big baby! The cats did surprisingly well with her, just my youngest cat Thunder is still scared of her. Gizmo is brave enough to walk right up to her and check things out. She's been good so far and she loves her mommy!

I got all of my bills for the year paid this weekend since I had all of my Christmas money and year end paychecks in my bank account. So I think we should be ok til we move into the house on the 16th.

Other than that the boss is out of town and work is slow so I'll have plenty of time to finally get the challenge rules and FAQs up today... if not you can give me a spanking!

Congrats to all of those that aced your finals! This week is my last week of in seat classes then I go online next term so I'll be able to enjoy my new home! We get about 2 weeks of vacation so I'm ready for that. I still have to work but it will be nice to come home and spend time with my family and start to really pack the apartment up.

I'm still crossing my fingers that santa will be generous enough to give me some money towards my treadmill... otherwise Lexi will have to be my exercise!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #110  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!

I wanted to go back to bed after the boys left for school but just had to come post instead! I have to get back into routine. I am trying to come out of this haze I'm in, even though I'm sure it's normal.

I weighed 202 two days ago. Not sure about today but at least I can change my chick to 75 lbs!! Yay!! My next goal now is for Kick off of TBL in Jan, for me to weigh at least 197. That will be a total of 80 lbs off and on my way to 100, then so forth, I think today is day 114 or something. I have them written on my calendar all the way to August where I hit the first 365th day! I will have to really celebrate that day, I think I'll save money to buy clothes and then spend the whole day doing that!!

I'll be glad when I get to know everyone here and also when my dh isn't standing over me needing the puter! Then I can chat more with each of you.

Big hugs, Selina

PS I like the last article someone posted here. I am going to post an article I wrote about exercise and losing lbs during the holidays, Christmas before last. About.com reused it last year too. I like re-reading it myself to keep me motivated. Hope it helps someone here too.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #111  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL...last minute gifts...girl I havent even started!!!! Can you believe that?

Congrats on your new baby! Ah, puppyville, it really is like having a new baby.

Cold is in full swing today, should make fighting the crowds all kinds of fun!

I'm supposed to start going to the gym today and I cant find my Griz card. I've been looking for it all weekend long, I cannot believe I lost it. So hopefully the registration office at the university is still open and I can get another one, otherwise I dunno what I'm gonna do!!

Got my grades, all As except.....yep you guessed it Tax, pulled a B in there darn it!! I hate tax!

Gotta get the munchkins up, so I'll have to come back to do personals...Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa
Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 AM   #112  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Here is the link, if it doesn't show on here, I will just copy the article and paste. Let me try this first tho.

http://holidays.about.com/od/relatio...syholidays.htm

Ok, it should work. Hugs.

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 12-17-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #113  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Selina, you are incredible. Sometimes when I am down, I check in just to see if you've posted, because you brighten my day.

I am really depressed right now, crappy stuff happening on the home front. I am actually struggling to even eat 1,000 calories a day because of the stress. I am doing my best but am cracking under the pressure.

I'll check in later, have an on-plan day, everyone!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #114  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Rhonda, NoVaVTFan, Soon2BFitChick--Congrats on the losses!

Rhonda & Diva--Thanks about the congrats for school. The class was challenging.

Mel--Congrats on your classes. I still need to do some shopping but minimal. One more gift for BF, one gift for BFF, and office gifts. I will do that Wednesday morning...I think.

Soon2BFitChick--Thanks for the link to the article. I will check it out.

Soulbliss--I'm the opposite when depressed. I eat. I'm working on finding some activities that divert my attention.

Well, I started over today. We'll see how that goes.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #115  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Monday, Ladies!

WTG on all the losses!

Anyone ever try Turbo Jam? I saw an infomercial on it and thought it looked like fun so ordered the Maximum Results package...now I can't wait to get it! I have been on an exercise kick and am wanting different stuff so I don't get bored with it all.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say HI!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #116  
budding cinephile

Ok the FAQ is up! Go take a lookie!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:20 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies, I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't posted in a few days. I haven't been feeling the greatest. Today I'm gonna call the doc and see what he has to say. I'm gonna try and exercise this morning but my stomach just feels icky...so maybe just a short walk. I have a potluck christmas party tonight, so I had to buy a present and have to make treats yet...really don't feel like going but I suppose I better.

Mel-great job on the school work. I can't imagine tax is any fun, but a B is still not to shabby. Thanks for the booboo bag, I got it in the mail yesterday and I've already used it. That lil sucker gets hot! It did make my tummy feel better tho, now if I could only wear it to work.

Diva-Hopefully AF isn't kicking your butt too much. Right after she came to visit me, I came down with all this crud, shes since gone but I'm still dealing with the rest . Great job on getting your laundry done, wanna come do mine? And do you do dishes?

Selina-great job on the weight loss. Keep up the good work. I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds, very frustruating.

Chellez-congrats on the new addition. It looks like your pretty much set for the holidays. I wish I could say the same.

Girly-WOW 3.2lbs thats awesome. Keep up the good work during the holiday season.

NoVaVTFan-Congrats on making it to 144. Someday I hope to make it there.

Shay- I bet you were doing the happy dance with all your A's. We knew you could do it. Your next class doesn't sound fun at all. Good luck with it.

I suppose I best go get something done. My stomachs getting worse so I think exercise is out of the question this morning, maybe tonight after bowling. Everyone try and have a great day.

Bridgette.

Last edited by dream710; 12-18-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:09 AM   #118  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Losing Friends! Its cold here in Georgia! This former Florida girl isn't used to this. But, I know that some of you are having much colder weather than me. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

I stayed on-plan yesterday... until Hubby brought home some Tiramisu as a treat for me. He told me "you can eat just one piece and give the remainder to J." Sigh....he's just not getting it! The remainder might not still be here when J gets home. It depends on how badly it calls to me today...I may need to throw the remainder in the trash. I hope Hubby understands. Today is our 14th wedding anniversary. Hubby brought me a dozen pink roses and we're going out for a steak dinner tonight. I don't think I'm going to stay on-plan tonight, so I'll be extra good all day today to make up for it.

Today's plan - Two on-plan small meals and two on-plan small snacks. And, try to drink tons of water. I forgot to drink it yesterday. Drinking water just feels so unnatural to me.

Roni - Yes, you do wanna lose weight! That's why you hang out with us everyday. Hang in there. This is a tough time of year for weight loss. Don't beat yourself up about a couple of pounds. They will be gone before you know it.
Michelle - If I see Santa, I'll tell him to bring you a treadmill! Of course, the little fat guy may keep if for himself! Seriously, I hope you can get one. I know how much you'd love that.
Selina - 75 pounds! Girl, you rock! Congratulations.
Melissa - Were you able to get a replacement card to get into the gym yesterday?
Bliss - I'm sorry to hear that you're fighting depression. Take care of yourself.....try to get 8 hours of sleep each night, stay away from the sugar and try to get exercise each day. We can't always resolve the issues on the home front, but we can try to do nice things for ourselves. Hope things resolve themselves quickly.
Shay - How was your "start over" day yesterday? Isnt it great that we can get these days? I've used millions of them! I'm sure you're doing great!
Cristina - I hear that Turbo Jam is an excellent workout series, but tough. Congratulations to you for doing so well with exercise. Maybe you'll rub off on those of us who just can't find our motivation. (me!)
Bridgette - Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope the stomach thing clears up soon.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-18-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:09 AM   #119  
budding cinephile

Because Christmas is near and we are all tired of shopping....

I bring funnies!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 AM   #120  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone. TOM cramps totally kicked my butt yesterday, but so far so good this morning. I can't believe I had to scrape ice from the INSIDE windows of the truck this morning! It's freaking 19 degrees out there! brrrrrrrrrrr..... This southern gal isn't used to this, but what an great excuse to wear my fancy coat and stuff hehe!

I haven't recived my prize from Mel or my Xmass present from my best friend in VA, I guess my mail runs slow here.

Anywho, I got anudder tip in my mail I want to share.

DISCLAIMER: Below copy & paste job are the words of Jillian Michelas emails and NOT from ME. DO NOT Shoot the messenger. In the words of my mama, if ya don't have anything nice to say, DON'T say anything at all. Thank you and have a nice day.
BY:Jillian Michaels

Slow and Steady
Remember the fable about the tortoise and the hare? The hare got off to a zippy start and seemed sure to win the race. But he didn't, did he? The tortoise, while naturally much slower than the hare, kept moving steadily towards the finish line and was able to cross first.
What's the take-home message of this fable? Slow and steady wins the race. To reach your weight-loss goals, you need to switch from the hare's to the tortoise's mindset. In other words, you must break the "all or nothing" mentality.

Do you start diets with superhuman resolve — determined to eat right and work out seven days a week without fail — only to fall off the wagon and give up hope?

This kind of approach to anything — especially to your health — can be very tempting, and may even feel motivational. But I'm telling you right now that it's a dangerous approach that will only set you up for failure. Human beings are imperfect. It's inevitable that you will eventually skip a workout or give in to temptation, and you'll feel like a failure and want to give up entirely — i.e., trade the all for the nothing.

So, start thinking like a tortoise. Pace yourself. Allow yourself to have a slice of pizza or take a day off now and then; just don't stray too far from the path that will lead you to your goals.