Old 12-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #151  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL OMG!! I'm sorry Roni that you had to deal with all that but you had me laughing! "hillbilly buttcrack bubba tow truck dude'' LOL!

See and I wouldnt let her smoke! If she was at my house uh uh! Not pregnant no way.

I really hope today goes better for you!

~melissa
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #152  
Melissa

Selena...Here are my 3 things 1) Support, I've found that being a member of a support group is huge in my success, and I found that when my support group lacks, I tend to lack in determination. Posting everyday and getting support on a daily basis are really important to me 2) Journaling, and I'm so bad about doing it when I KNOW it helps! I'm able to keep my eye on the prize when I write about what I want 3) Use a smaller plate. Its helped me keep portions sizes down.
Dont fret too much about that pound, especially if you are a daily weigher. Chances are you had a little extra sodium in the past few days. It'll go away! You can reach that goal!! I know you can do it!!

Shay..I'm sorry to hear you are struggling! I know you can push through and come out a success! Journalling is HUGE here! Just dont give up on you!!

Tina...enjoy your program today!! My youngest had hers the other day, they do it during the daytime too. so cute!! I've going to a cousins this afternoon and then my oldests band concert is tonight, I'm excited because they are doing my favorite Christmas carol! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I know I am totally skipping doing personals on so many people and I'm gonna be better I promise! I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!! Be good to you!!

Who all is ready for Christmas??

~melissa
Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #153  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Hey, I would like to know maybe 3 things from everyone that helps them on this journey each day. What do you do that has helped you succeed in losing? Do you read a quote? Do you have a ritual when you first wake up? Do you talk to someone who helps?

Great idea, Selina! Here are my top 3.
1 - My home is my safety zone....I don't allow the sugary carby snacks in the house. No sugary cereal, no cookies, no doughnuts, etc. At first, my kids really fussed. But, my oldest was picking up some weight herself and removing this stuff from the house has helped the whole family. Now, going out for a treat is extra special.
2 - I also weigh daily. At first, I tried weighing weekly, but I would have a tendency to go off-plan for one or two days after weigh-in...because, well, I had a whole week to make up for it, right? Wrong! Now, I weigh every morning and this keeps me accountable to myself. But, I have to keep it in perspective. If I know that I've stayed on-plan, a one or two pound gain is nothing to worry about.
3) I have to put my perfectionist tendencies to bed and concentrate on the journey itself. Falling off-plan is not a reason to quit this journey. These are just learning points on the way to my goal. I struggle with staying on-plan often, but I refuse to stop posting here on 3FC and I refuse to quit trying. My journey has been three steps forward and two steps back....but, I am making forward progress no matter how slow it might be.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day today! Its raining and cold here today, but I have more Christmas shopping to do. I'm doing fairly well with staying on-plan, but it is rough when you're out shopping and you need to grab something. But, I'm trying to make the best choices possible. Hopefully, I can get everything taken care of today and stay home throughout the rest of the holidays.

Just one note to Roni before I head out to fight the crowds......As you know, I just celebrated 14 years of marriage with my Hubby. IMHO, a relationship with no fighting is not a healthy relationship. Times of stress do have a tendency to make Hubby and I fuss with each other more. But, we never ever go to bed angry with each other. We always kiss each other and tell each other we love them no matter what has happened earlier in the day. So far it works. I'm sure you and your sweetie are just going through some stressful times. Hang in there.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-20-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #154  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I agree with Melissa.

1. Posting here @3FC makes ALL the diffeence in the world for me. If it weren't for this place and you girls I don't know what I would do. THIS is my journaling right here. As far as I am concerned, having the Internet is my BEST weightloss tool. I don't need to pay for the online sites like WW or Jillian Micheals and all the gazillion other sites, because I use 3FC for support and recipes and Lifestyle ideas. I use Fitday to log my food and activities, and I exercise here @ home or walk outside when it's not freezing cold, lol!

2. I CANNOT weight myself everyday because as much as weight does flucuate according to TOM and sodium and whatnot, I tend to get discouraged, and that is NOT good because it can sometimes lead to a "screw it mentalility and a binge" for me. I was addited to it everyday and it was a downfall. BUT, that is just me. it might now be that way for others. I have it down to once a week.

3. I amtrying to not let setbacks and slip ups last a week or more like I used to do either. if I have a bad day, I dust myself off and start again that minute or at the latest, the next day.

That's basically it for me..so far...
Old 12-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #155  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

OOPS, Rhonda, TY gf. I know argueing is a healthy thing. But this is my sweethearts first REAL relationship, and I don't hink he knows how to fight. I am trying to "learn" him hehe. I'm seriously thinking of posponing the wedding a bit longer and suggesting couple's therapy. I know how to fight fair and try to get things resolved, but he has a lot of room to learn and grow in this dept. He's a good guy. Smart, funny, loyal, responsible, but there are some areas for growth, and I can't go into a marriage until these things are resolved....yanno?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Okay, here are my big three:
  1. 3FC and blogging - the support, friendship, and honesty is SO helpful.
  2. Allowing myself to falter but get right back at it. I need to improve on this, though, and treat myself with more kindness when I do falter, so I can continue on the right path.
  3. Not giving foods a moral value! In other words, not labelling things as "good" or "bad" foods, when I can help it. I'm trying to take the sesame street approach, instead, and label things as anytime foods and sometimes foods.

I've not been doing well with being kind to myself lately... I've been slipping up, beating myself up about it, and then slipping more because I get so upset or frustrated. So that is my big goal right now, to get my brain convinced that my worth is NOT tied to my decisions about food or exercise or other lifestyle choices.

Diva - Sounds like you have SUCH a good head on your shoulders, girl. Not putting up with BS from people, being realistic about your man and his strengths and weaknesses - rock on, girl. Sounds like you had a CRAZY day and put up with it really well, too!

GirlyGirlSebas - I like your idea about home as a safety zone, and how special that does make the occasional treat.

Hun.e.B - Ready for Christmas? HAHAHAH You're funny. I have so much to do, and it's getting down to the wire.

Soon2BFitChick - Don't sweat the lb, as annoying as it is. You are such an all-star that it'll be gone in no time. I'm so sorry to hear that your hubs is still grieving so deeply - you are right that it will get easier with time.

Tina30 - Have fun at your kids' show! I hope you have a great, relaxing weekend and Christmas if we don't see you again til after.

BellyBuster - Do you do DDR just for fun, or is it good exercise too? They have a version for the Wii now, and I've been considering buying it, but can't make up my mind!

Amberelise - I hope you and the doc are right about the stress, because that would be (hopefully/presumably) temporary. I LOVE that your dog got you a Christmas present! Let us know how the DDR is!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Oh - one more thing! I'm not going to edit so that this is on it's own and more obvious.

Now that we're all together in one thread, could we maybe do little introductions again? I'm loving getting to know y'all, but I want to know more! What's your name, especially those who don't have it in their screenname or signature? What do you do when you're not on 3FC? Those sorts of things!
Old 12-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #158  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Talking

Hmmm. Well as you can see my name is Roni. It's actually Ronda, but I hate that name for myself so peeps have called me Roni for 20 yrs. I'm from Savannah, GA but reside in East TN.

I'm 40 but about 27 mentally, lol. I am a SAHM. I have two boys, 22 & 14 and 2 divorces under my belt, hence the hesitation to get married again until absolutely sure, lol! This is my all time LONGEST relationship ever though.

I used to be a hair stylist back before having my 2nd son and haven't worked since besides PT jobs and going to college, which I have yet to finish. (Psychology & History major and English Minor) I am seriously thinking of going back through beauty school in 08 and getting back into it. I miss the gossipy, Steel magnolias setting. I've done a lot of diff jobs over the yrs, receptionist, Dental Assisting, Office manager, book stores, and so on....

I wasn't always fat. In fact I used to be a hottie, but after my last abusive relationship, along with some major depression, the pounds just kind of found me. I have found myself type 2 Diabetic and depressed over being fat. I've tried everything from starvation, WW to counting calories, and nothing has worked. Recently I have found that a combo of calorie counting and carb counting seems to work for me.

I am opinionated, my fav color is PINK! I'm a Diva and a lover of all animals. People tend to annoy me, hehe...But I am pretty friendly when I wanna be. I am a Southern gal in love with a Yankee and living away from my family. I don't know anyone here that I can tolerate for more than 10 minutes so the internet is where my friends live, hehe.

OH and I am addicted to the soaps!

Last edited by Diva; 12-20-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #159  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

The three things that help me:

1. 3FC - If I'm not absent (like for the last week ) it's because I'm stuffing myself with chocolate. I fool myself into thinking that if I'm reading other people's posts that it still counts as being onplan. NOT! I must post to be on plan. Same goes with fitday. It's the only way I've ever been sucessful in losing a significant amount of weight.

2. I weigh myself everyday. I look at the trend, and don't obsess over the actual number. If I skip a weigh-in it's because I'm off plan and trying to fool myself.

3. Plan out my meals. When I plan what I'm going to eat the night before, there is no chance to "improvise".
Old 12-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #160  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default My intro

I'm removing myself from the lurker mode I've been in this past week.

I'm Dee. Originally from West Virginia (yes, it's a separate state, has been since 1863). I currently live in Florida with my husband of 6 years, our chihuahua, Tia, and every other weekend, my 11 year old stepson, Chris.

For the past 5-1/2 years I've worked for an architetural firm doing clerical/support work. My exact work is a cross between being a copy editor and a nanny to 40 or so architects and CADD technicians. I love my job, and the company I work for, but sometimes they are more like family. The kind of family that you wish they would forget where you live.

I'm 36 and I've been overweight since I was probably 23. Before that I was disgustingly thin. Not healthy thin, more like sick thin, with no muscle tone to speak of. Last year I really ballooned to obese though. In April 2006 I went thru a breast cancer scare. My surgeon removed a ping pong sized phyllodes tumor from my right breast (benign, but still classified as cancer, because phyllodes is so rare). As I was still recovering, 6 weeks later, I was hit head-on by an uninsured driver. I was pretty much inactive for all of 2006. In 2007 I've managed to lose 28 pounds, although I probably put 5 back on during the past 2 weeks during the holiday food-for-all.

My goal during this challenge isn't to hit a specific weight target, it's to build muscle. Assuming my currently sprained shoulder is healed by the time the challenge begins, I want to start putting more emphasis on weight training to compliment what I already do for cardio.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #161  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Melissa--Miracle of miracles everything I ordered has arrived. I may still get BF a pair of gloves but that depends on my mood. Thanks so much for the support. I will never give up. That's not how I work.

Diva--LMAO, LOL, OMFG, ROTFL....No one could have told the story better. You are my comic relief.

Selina
1. 3FC is so important to me. I don't know what I would do without it. It is here for me when no one else is...Everyone is so supportive. It is amazing.

2. I am a planner. That helps me in many ways. For work some days and weeks I am rarely at my desk so planning really helps.

3. I am a survivor. This is a tough journey but....I will ride every bump, every wave, every peak, every valley...whatever but I will never give up. I'm not a quitter. Its not in me.

About me:
I'm 35 years old. I'm originally from Florida. Been living in VA since 86. Graduated from University of Florida. HUGE, HUGE, HUGE Gator Fan! Been with my BF about 2 years. This is our 2nd time around. We're older and more mature this time. That really helps. I supervise recreation programs for individuals with disabilities. Love it! I don't like supervising staff much sometimes but I do have some terrific staff! I took my first grad course on my way to getting a Master's degree. I haven't applied yet. You can take 3 classes without formerly being admitted. Probably will apply in the spring. Dreading the GRE. Thinking of possibly becoming a professor, doing research or starting a non profit. We shall see.

I love to talk...can you tell???I love to read mags, listen to music, the internet, read mysteries, love reality tv, and all into the lives of celebrities. I'm known to be a bit crazy--the good kind--and to tell it like it is!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies! Boy I'm tired this morning. I was full of energy last night, did some laundry, the dishes, made the snacks to take to work for the xmas party, finished decorating the tree, and even wrapped some presents. I did however stay up too late, so now I'm just wanting to crawl back into bed. Hopefully today will be a slow day at work, I'm wanting to sneak out early. A bunch of the guys from work are going out for drinks and after the week we've had I'm thinking it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Here's a lil about me. My name is Bridgette. I'm married with a four year old daughter, and a pomerianian. I work full time in the office of a trucking company, when I'm not working I'm running DD to all her activities. The things I enjoy doing in my spare time....I bowl on Tuesday nights with a bunch of gf, sometimes I sub on Mondays and Wednesdays. I enjoy watching NFL football...GO LIONS! playing cards, making jewelry, baking, SHOPPING, and socializing with friends. For exercise, I do mostly running/walking and pilates and ocassionally I do body sculpting with Gilad. I'm thinking next week i'm gonna get back to going to the Y. Currently I'm struggling with eating...eating out way too much and too many of the darn COOKIES.

Roni- TOO FUNNY! I hope things get better for you and J. So now J's friend and his skanky wife are these the people you're gonna be spending xmas eve with? If so, I'm sooooo SORRY, what a crappy way to spend christmas eve.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #163  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Dream, HECK no I will fake an illness if I have to. I am hoping that after all this togetherness Jess won't want to go over there. Because since their truck is messed up right now, James is depending on Jesse for rides to and from work, and to all their little errands... he doesn't like doing all that running anymore than I do so we'll see.

Shay, I'm a HUGE Gator fan also. They've been my fav team since I was about 7 and I wanted to go to that college SOOOOOOOOOO BAD. You are so lucky to have been able to go there. I grew up half my young life in Jacksonville, FL and my brother was very ill with Mucopolysaccharidoses and eventually had to be placed in a home for the mentally challenged down in Gainsville when he was 6 and I was 7, so we'd ride through The University of Fl all the time and I'd have all these dreams of going there one day...sigh... It never happened because when I was 14 we moved back to Savannah, GA and I guess it just fell into the back of my mind. But I'll ALWAYS be a Gator fan!!!!

I've lost 2 lbs this week. Maybe only eating 642 calories on Stress day had something to do with that, but I'll take what I can get. Dude came home yesterday with news of yet another raise after the Holiday's so that's great! In 8 months he's gotten like 3 raises and is making more money there than he did at the previous job where he worked 5 yrs. They are also going to pay half of the membership if the employees join a Health club on their list after the holiday's too, so if the one that's about 15 minutes up the road is on the list, I am so there! They don't do aerobics classes or have a pool, but they do have treadmills and weights and that's good enuff for me!

I tossed the Beauty School idea at him last night and explained that if I do this we'll have to pospone the wedding a bit longer, and he seemed ok with it, so hopefully we'll have enough come tax refund that I can do this. Finger's crossed. It's been 5 yrs since I have been in any kind of school and 7 since I have worked.... YIKES!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #164  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Biggest Losers! TGIF!

Sorry I havent been around much for the last couple of days. Its been crazy busy around here for me. I finally completed my shopping last evening. Today, I have to tackle my youngest DDs room. Yikes! Hope I don't get lost in there. She slept over at her friend's house and I'm hoping she hangs out for most of the day so I can get rid of some of her stuff. She won't let me throw anything away.

I wish I could tell everyone that I've stayed 100% on-plan the last two days. The truth is that I've been eating on the run and my choices havent always been that great. But, today's yet another new day to try my best. Thank God for these new days!

I love reading the re-introductions from everyone. You all are so interesting.
Here's mine:

My name is Rhonda, too. I am a 43 year old Mom of two DD's, ages 7 and 11. I've been married to my younger Hubby (7 years younger) for 14 years. After highschool graduation, I spent 6 years in the Air Force then I decided to get out and move back to Tampa, Florida where my I met my Hubby. Six months ago, we decided to move to Georgia and we love it! Hubby and I both work from home as full time telecommuters for a "major healthcare administrator." My hobbies: I love to read. Currently, I'm into the paranormal romances. I also love to decorate my house. I look for great bargains and decorate on a budget. Thank God for TLC and HGTV! I also love to watch TV.....Grey's, Lost, House, Journeyman, Trading Spaces, Survivor, Big Brother, Star Gate Atlantis......and Biggest Loser! Thank God for TiVo!

This year, I've lost 33 pounds. Next year, I hope to reach my goal of 150. This next challenge is just what I need to kick of the year on the right foot! I follow Southbeach, but I plan on adding calorie tracking with my plan starting in January. I also walk on the treadmill and I will begin strength training soon. I used to run 5 miles a day and I'd love to begin the C25K program around mid year.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and losing some awesome poundage together!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-21-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #165  
Melissa

Good Morning everyone! Another busy day on the slate for today as I've got both girls classroom Christmas parties to deal with and I've not finished teacher gifts yet. My goal is to have all things Christmas finished by Sunday night so I can kick back and do nothing but relax and enjoy the holidays on Monday and Tuesday.

So my little intro...I'm Melissa (duh!) I've got 2 gorgeous girls Taylor (12) and Jordan (8) and I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 15 years. We live in Montana, the last best place! We are HUGE Denver Bronco fans and I am a reality tv addict, although lately I havent had the time so my addiction is healing. A little background, I was always a tiny little thing, didnt break 100 lbs till I was a sophmore in highschool. When I graduated I was around 130 lbs and thought if I could only lose 5 lbs I would be perfect. Well I dieted my way up to 250+ lbs. I've lost some and gained some. Always let life get in my way. I'm a fulltime student, PTA president at one school and secretary at the other. Well next May I graduate from the University of Montana with a degree in Accounting and Psychology and its ME time!

My goal is to lose about 80 lbs, after the first of the year my biggest goals are to make exercise a regular activity and to get organized.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, I'm off to sew some more BooBoo bags before parties begin!