Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #286  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarebearsChris View Post
What do you have a hard time with? How can we help you? Mine is exercising. Having fibromyalgia (as well as some other ailments) walking is about all I can do. I love the motivation you all are giving me to get my butt on that treadmill.

Have a great RED day.

Chris, have you considered those stretchy resistance bands? Looks like a long piece of thin rubbery material about 4 feet long. They come in various colors and thicknesses - the heavier gauge the material, the more resistance you get from them. I encountered them for the first time when I was in physical therapy for my neck. Then I found a website that gave various exercises you can do with them with the intention that you can get a good workout with the lightweight bands which can be easily packed in your suitcase for travelling. There is also a TV show called Sit and Be Fit which uses the bands. They are kind of cool and if you are compromised because of the fibromyalgia, it might be something to consider for a change of pace and a bit of strength stretching and toning.

Any place that sells sporting goods sells the bands and I think I also picked up a set at Target in the exercise equipment section. Now I'm talking about the bands which look like wide latex ribbons, not the things that look like bungie cords. When it comes to exercise equipment, I have a whole room full and I've tried just about everything.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 208/173/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy- that was a great post about the addiction stuff! I'm stuggling with a few (OK alot!) of addicitons myself. I have been trying to quid Diet Pepsi for a long time. It is like losing a friend. I also like my beer on the weekends and when I drink beer I smoke so I'm trying quit all that stuff. None this weekend so far! I worked out last night instead of getting together for social time. It felt fabulous and I felt very good this morning.

Chris- Love the H2O challenge. I would be so up for that!

Candle-Good for you girl! Drink that water and work that body! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Have a great day all! I gotta get ready before my family leaves me behind!
OH yea--I did my 30 minutes on the treadmill which I will go post right now!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Just wanted to say a quick HI to all ya'll!!!!
Exercise done! 120 min of bike riding, Hoping to get to LA fast!!! ha
Everyone is doing so good!!!! Keep up the good work ladies! Looking forward to talking to ya in the chat rooms later this week!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #289  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hey what about making your drink a pool challenge a game challenge? See which team can drink a pool first? Winner gets a 10 lb advantage on the weigh in once they win? Just an idea!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 216/186/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hey guys, just checking in.

I got my new eyetoy kinetic game for PS2 yesterday and was able to try it out today. For those who have not heard of this, it is an interactive exercise game with a camera. You can see yourself on the screen as you work out. It has cardio, kickboxing, aerobics, dance, yoga, tai chai, ab work, leg work, and much much more. You have a personal trainer who sets up a program for you that you must commit to. If you miss a day, your trainer will know. It's really cool.

The one thing I like best about it, is that it takes into account your fitness level. Each different game had different levels. You start off slowly, and if it the camera realizes that you are doing well, it gets harder and harder progressively. If you are struggling with a certain level you stay on that one until you improve. It's kind of difficult to explain. Oh, and you input your age, weight, and height, so it also tells you how may calories your burned. And it rates you on how well you did. The trainer motivates you along the way and gives you tips.

Anyway, I just got done doing 75 minutes of the kickboxing. It was so much fun that I didn't want to stop, but I was soaked with sweat and tired. I love it!

I'm going to start the personal training program on Monday.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #291  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Hey what about making your drink a pool challenge a game challenge? See which team can drink a pool first? Winner gets a 10 lb advantage on the weigh in once they win? Just an idea!
Hey Melissa,

That's not a bad idea. Our team can discuss it at the next chat. The only thing I'd like to ask is that we maybe do this the first of February. Both of our teams just started a challenge and I'd rather do just one challenge at a time along with my personal challenge for the week.

Sound ok?

I have to give you fair warning - we've made a water believer out of Miss Candle here - she might be our secret weapon
Old 01-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #292  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

lol @ happy. Yes, I think Miss Candle would be our secret weapon. How knew Thursday night she would be drinking so much so soon.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #293  
A matter of time

Don't run and hide. Question is did you eat the whole bag or a serving size? In doing Weight Watchers, we learn we can have what we want...as long as count the points (ok so you aren't doing WW....so guess not points involved). Portion control is the key.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #294  
A matter of time

WooHoo, Candle you did well.

I got up late this morning. I made egg mcmuffins (light multi-grain english muffins--1 point, egg--2 points, canadian bacon--1 point, cheese--1 point, cooked in healthy oil--1 point). Ran some errands with DH and picked up DSD. Took DSD to the bowling center her tournament is in tomorrow. Next thing I know it is 3 pm and I haven't had lunch.

So we had Chinese for a late lunch early dinner. I did real well. Only had one plate and it wasn't an overloaded plate. And no dessert. I managed to stay within my points for the day.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 208/173/145

Hey everyone! Just got home from shopping. I did lots of walking at the mall but would not really count it as official exercise. The only time my heart rate went up was when I saw some very sexy boots or a fabulous purse!! Boy I would love to go to the mall and buy the cute clothes and have them look good on me. It will happen I have to believe!

Sounds like everyone is doing great today. Our exercise challenge is really taking off. Have a great night all.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #296  
A matter of time

Yeap I believe we all are going to take that trip to the mall and buy those cute clothes. We are on our way.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #297  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Default Water Challenge possibilities?

Hello!

I was thinking about the water challenge that someone mentioned earlier (was it you Candle?). I thought if we divided our combined start weight by the weight per pound of a gallon of water, we would get a good goal:

7704.8 start weight/8.34 lbs per gal of water = 924 gallons.

Can we do that in 12 weeks? Anyone up for it?

choosie
Old 01-07-2007, 12:03 AM   #298  
Choose your hard

Hey Chris,

What kind of cheese do you put on the egg muffins? Shredded or a piece of cheese. Lowfat? I happen to have the whole grain muffins, eggs, cheese but no Canadian bacon - which is ok because I'm not much of a fan of that anyway. An egg McMuffin sounds pretty good for breakfast tomorrow. What do you pick for snacks? I prefer something high protein rather than sugary. I do like the WW Mint Chocolate 2 point bars (just like Mint Girl Scout cookies) but at a $1.50 per bar they are kinda pricey. Kraft has a lowfat twisted mozzerella and cheddar stick I have once in a while. It's 1.5 points.

Dancediva - I tromped up about a bazllion and 3 stairs today putting away all the Christmas stuff. I can't count those either but we can both bask in the glory of knowing we did some major moving today! I was thinking about cute clothes too looking at a catalogue while I ate my lunch. Specifically I was thinking about how much money I saved my husband at the moment since there were about a dozen outfits I would have bought for spring if I was thinner.

Candle - I'm not going to wag my finger at you about the chips and dip since they worked into your Atkins plan AND you have been exceeding your water and exercise quotas. Aren't you glad you listened to us? How did the soaps come out?

Thin, your new "game" sounds so cool! What a great way to get a workout - especially if it ajusts with you. When can we come over and try it? Ok, so what if we take turns coming over? Don't want to overwhelm you all at once

JennyMarie - TWO whole hours on the bike!!!!!! Woman you are awesome!

I had planned on doing some other things tonight but DH had some ideas too so I just went along with him. We went to the bookstore - I got the People issue of half their size - very inspiring. The only thing that struck we was just like this season's show - it's getting to the point that in order to get noticed, you have to lose more and more weight. Dropping 75 pounds is now what dropping 30 was. It's going to get to the point that in order to make the issue you'll have to lose 200 pounds and I'm not so sure that's always a good thing. I also got a hairstyles magazine (always looking for something to do with my skinny baby fine super straight hair). They had an ad on the back for a website thehairstyler.com - for $15 you can upload a picture of yourself and try out 5000 hairstyles in 52 different colors. I thought fifteen dollars was not a bad investment considering how hard it is to figure out a cut as well as the cost of a haircut nowadays. Now I just have to get my husband to take a picture of my face with my hair pulled back. That should be scary

So I didn't get to the exercise that I wanted to. And I still have 200 pages of my book club selection to read by Wednesday evening. So I should get off the computer and go read for a while since I'm going to have to get up early and get my exercising out of the way before my other committments.

*** Update *** I felt really bad about not exercising today so I checked out the Execise on Demand channel on cable. They don't have WATP this month I do have the tapes but I have no idea how to work the infernal set up that DH has with the tv, cable box, recorder and whatnot and he's long gone to bed. So I did find a 24 minute beginner Pilates workout *whew* and finished it off with a nice 10 minute yoga routine. Why did I stop doing yoga when it feels so good? I made my goal for the day and added a few more exercise minutes for the team.

Keep up the good work ladies...

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-07-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 180/169/125

Hey, thintowin,
That game sounds like it would be so much fun! We have the dance revolution pad and games . My boys and I have a blast playing it. It doesn't reallly seem like exercise because you have so much fun playing it. But boy do you ever sweat! Kickboxing sounds like something they would enjoy. Would you mind telling me where you can purchase it? Is it very costly?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #300  
Choose your hard

Do we each have to drink 924 gallons?

Actually, I just did some research.

A 12 foot diameter, 3 foot deep pool contains 10,178 gallons of water. That's ALOT of water. 128 ounces of water in a gallon. That's 7.5 of my Dasani bottles. That's more water than I can honestly glug down in a chilly winters day.

I think I like Choosie's idea tho I hate to give up on the pool thought.

What do others think?