Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

Wierd thing: I went to another town's library after work to pick up a DVD I ordered (we have access to two different library networks that incorporate over lots of towns, its awesome!) and discovered I didn't have the correct card. "no problem, you can just show us your drivers license" they chirped. So I tore my purse apart, to discover that my drivers license is missing! It must be in my house somewhere, or possibly at work in a drawer if I left my purse open. I always keep it in my purse, unlike my second library card which I rarely use. So like daughter like mother I guess! I went to visit my widow friend after the library trip and hung out with her which redeemed the evening. Foodwise I must have undereaten calories because I wound up being so hungry when I went to bed that I had to have a snack.
Today's excitement will be getting a haircut and finding my license hopefully.
Gardenerjoy- mood boosting routines are a great choice for this time of year. Interesting that some are more so than others.
Penny-yay for the car being fixed up. I know what you mean about mechanics- I'm so glad to have a shop that I trust now.
Onebyone-very cool tarot cards! So glad your back is feeling better, that will help you feel better and more motivated all around I'm sure.
Bill-good for you for clearing out the old to make room for the new.
Karen- you snuck in just when I finished writing! Your friend has amazing control to start a cookie business and still stay slender! yay for that thailand ticket, such fun to look forward to.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Yesterday was not weightloss calories. I woke up feeling inflammation in my hands and weight is up again. Bread is the culprit. Well, bread and I. We work together as a team.

Karen, you're hitting my happy weight and I'm so envious! Good job.

Old 12-04-2021, 08:02 AM   #18  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday - Pioneer Venus 1 goes into orbit around Venus (1978)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Excitement: The new recliner chair arrived in the morning. Carried upstairs by one guy who just put it atop his head. Acted as if it were an easy task. The second man carried the back - a very light part. They were pleased that the spot was cleared and the route was cleared. I spent the morning being a bad sport noting all the ways that the new chair wasn't like the old one. DW teased me that the old chair and I had grown into each other - like an old pair of shoes. I've gradually grown more accepting. The electric recline feature annoys me because I have to wait a few seconds for it to do the job. With the old lever, I just yanked it up.

Exercise was walking in the cold, CREDIT moi, to a Walgreens Pharmacy that had been giving COVID booster shots to walk-ups. No more. It's a two week wait for an appointment. The CVS Pharmacies around here are so overbooked that I can't even get an appointment. I'll keep working the system. Feel bummed that I got delayed by needing a replacement Medicare Card when I tried to get the booster weeks ago. I got my Moxie back by completing the online forms for next year's parking stickers for both our cars. Found it easier to go outside to copy the license plate number of the Toyota rather than dig through the paperwork to get it. Then remembered that I do this every year, LOL. So, wait for it . . . I wrote it down this year so I'll be ready for 2023. Feel like future-man.

Eating was on plan with no daytime snacks, CREDIT moi.

Karen (karenrn) - Thanks for the warning; I'll skip House of Gucci. I'd never be able to have a cookie baking business; I'd gobble non-stop.

curlyjax - Hope you quickly find your driver's license - pretty critical item. So glad that there's another person on planet earth who still uses DVDs to watch videos. My kids tease me for being so old-fashioned.

Penny. - LMAO at "bread and I. We work together as a team." Nothing better than having a co-conspirator.

Readers -
Quote:
Success Skill 9 Get Back on Track - Right Away

What do do . . .

For example, when Grace found herself taking a second helping of ice cream one night, she pulled out the card. This is how she answered the questions: . . .
  • Did I eat this food slowly, while sitting down and enjoying every bite? No, I ate it standing at the kitchen counter, spooning the ice cream directly from the container. I definitely didn't fully taste it or enjoy it.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), Pg 104.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:11 AM   #19  

My daughter found her wallet thank goodness! At her apt, where I suspected it was. I still haven't found my license or my other library card, even after cleaning up my room and clearing out the bureau drawer that I tend to dump stuff in. I ordered a new one- I did find my expired license so hopefully I can use that at the library. My bedroom looks much better but I got congested after stirring up so much dust and didn't sleep well. Lesson learned; use one of my masks next time I'm sorting things out. I 'm listening to an audiobook which makes it much more enjoyable: One of MC Beaton's Agatha Raisin series. A cosy mystery set in the Cotswolds.
I was really craving a treat so I went ahead and bought it some ice cream and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now back to better eating.
I have no plans this weekend thus far and will spend time puttering about and getting some errands done. My haircut is a bit too short but that means I can go even longer until the next one.
Bill-yes, I still use DVDs too. Some movies aren't streamable, or they're too new and pricey, when I can get it free at the library. Good luck in making friends with the new chair.
Penny- I hear you about bread. Especially warm bread, yum.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #20  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Yesterday included some extra eating yet again. It's like trying to jump into a double jump rope and I can't seem to get started. Also, the cycling exercise has fallen off.

My four days off are completed and my work day looks reasonable today. The new little car was not ready on Thursday and it turns out the shop is only open Mon-Thurs. Patiently waiting to hopefully hear something on Monday.

Curly, yay for your daughter's wallet showing up.

Bill, Lol at the slow electric recline. It needs a turbo mode.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon coaches,

Just home from a 9 mile hike with a group and friend, Amy. The first part was a strenuous climb and then down the other side. However the remaining was just a little up and down completing a loop and not strenuous except that is was a bit long. Still finding the balance with food. I did pretty well with just a tiny little extra snack. Once I got home I had my regular lunch and I'm just fine. I'll be jumping in the shower soon and then have a Zoom happy hour with former co-workers at 4. I'll be drinking my LaCroix.

Penny Sometimes it is a bit difficult to get started. I hope all your workdays are more reasonable than that last bit.

Curlyjax I'm glad to hear your daughter found her wallet. Are you sure your things aren't in a pocket? I say that because I often put my license and a debit card in the pocket of my hiking shorts and then forget to take them out when I get home. I end up at the store having to use a Visa to buy the groceries.

Bill I keep a photo of my car license under notes on my phone. I always need it to register at a hotel and it's easy to find. I am with you, not cookie baking business at my house. I'm thinking even Christmas baking will be a challenge.

Old 12-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #22  
Green Tomatoes

I suddenly seem to have lost control of my mornings. I suppose that's not too surprising, considering that most of November I started writing when I first got up -- sometimes as early as 4:30am. It's going to take an adjustment to figure out what my new normal is.

We had a breakthrough yesterday on family and estate stuff. DH and his brother had two long phone conversations in which they discovered (as sometimes happens when you actually talk) that they were on the same page on every single important issue. They work well together when they're on the same page, so this bodes well for the next few months.

Exercise +75, 200/1600 minutes for December
Old 12-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #23  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Sunday - New York City bans trans fats at restaurants (2006)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Eating was on plan with no daytime snacks, CREDIT moi. Dinner was the dish that we call "burger, beans, and rice" that's both filling and a comfort food. And, there's one or two repeat meals from the leftovers.

Excitement was visiting a brick-and-mortar library to pick up an ordered book about the discovery of "Animalcules" in the early 1700's by Antonie van Leeuwenhoek in Holland. Hoped for lots of his drawing of the little beasties. Weren't that many in the book; the images in that link above contain more. It's just so hard to get in my brain that folks had no idea of little living things until the microscope got developed. Leeuwenhoek is now known as "the Father of Microbiology" and high school kids commonly look at what's growing in pond water.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Super Kudos to your DH and his brother for working things out. Sounds like your contribution to keeping things calm until they could do this has paid off.

Karen (karenrn) - Neat idea to keep a photo of your car license plate under notes in your phone. I'm not using that feature of my phone; gotta get on it. Also neat to show up at a happy hour with your LaCroix.

curlyjax - So glad that your DD found her wallet before killing herself with cancellations. Congrats for the acceptance that a haircut that's too short just means that you'll go longer until the next one.

Penny. - Ouch for the image, "It's like trying to jump into a double jump rope." Glad that four days off gave you some reprieve.

Readers -
Quote:

What do do . . .

For example, when Grace found herself taking a second helping of ice cream one night, she pulled out the card. This is how she answered the questions: . . .
  • How do I feel now that I've given in? Guilty and disappointed.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:52 AM   #24  

I didn't get much done yesterday other than the dump run and picking up my DVD Run, Fatboy, Run which I enjoyed because I like the british actor Simon Pegg-its a silly movie though. I was craving breakfast out and indulged in an omelette and carbs, and brought half the omelette home for later. I am thoroughly enjoying having the weekend to myself. Today my plans are: make a food plan for the week and buy ingredients, do some prep cooking, drop off agency gifts at the church collection site, drop by Kohls to use my 30.00 Kohls cash, swing by bookstore to buy a calendar, and tour the Y which I'm thinking of joining. Whew! And stay reasonably on plan.
Bill-yay for comfort dinners that provide leftovers.
Gardenerjoy-yikes, 4:30 is early. hope you find a slightly later new normal!
Karen-I looked thru all my pockets just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it tipped out of my purse at home somewhere. It will show up when its ready
Penny- I hear you on the "having trouble getting started bit". Hope work wasn't too tiring.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:26 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/180/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning from Michigan. I finished my fast on Friday. Thank goodness. Yesterday’s eating needed a big buffer from the 70s but oh so delicious. Great to see DS . We are going to see the Gerald Ford Library and the. DS Pops concert. He plays in the second violin section. Watched Michigan clinch the Bug Ten Title last night. Fun vacation. Bought some really beautiful and unique pieces of clothing. Way over did it with cost but DH was there. We had fun.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:21 AM   #26  
Green Tomatoes

I enjoyed our virtual TGIO party -- NaNoWriMo's Thank Goodness It's Over. Traditionally, this was an afternoon potluck of junk food and board games.

For the virtual party, We used jackbox.tv for games. I didn't do particularly well. My one success was to get a 100% best answer vote from our participants for "Who would be the most surprising person to be found to be the Zodiac Killer?" I said Betty White -- ha!

The best part of a virtual party was that I didn't have to navigate the food table!

Exercise +30, 230/1600 minutes for December
Old 12-05-2021, 03:25 PM   #27  

Good afternoon coaches,

Just a quick check in. Food was on plan yesterday, weight stable. I hiked this morning after waking up at 3 and spending some time reading. I just woke up from a nap though while dh was at the golf course practicing. Heading out the door now to pick up a friend from the airport. More tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:47 AM   #28  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Monday - Harriet Tubman escapes slavery for the 2nd and final time (1849, Maryland)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Fun trip to REI in my quest for casual, waterproof, slip-on, boots for shoveling snow. No joy. REI sells serious boots for serious hikers. They sent me home with a reference to a catalog listing for a pair that might satisfy me. The saleslady explained that supply chain issues was the cause of them not being in the store. I casually mentioned that that was just as bad as trying to buy a car. Ouch! Touched a nerve. Seems that her DH has been trying to buy a car for a year without success. Has to keep pumping money into a "piece of cr*p" that the mechanic says isn't worth fixing. Keep running into folks who can't buy cars. Did buy a bag full of socks, hat, and gloves - mostly for DW. Socks were 30% off. Felt like I'd won the lottery.

Exercise was walking with DW, DS, and (20 mo) DFGD to a playground. I can see the increase in leg strength each week. She clearly said "All done" when finished with a snack that DS had given her - one of the first clear English expressions from her that we understood.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - LOL at Betty White as the Zodiac Killer. I do understand the benefit of Zoom of not having "to navigate the food table!"

maryann - Waving back toward Michigan. Great to be there for cinching the Big Ten Title. So neat that you'll get to hear your DS perform in the Pops concert.

Karen (karenrn) - 3 a.m. is such a peaceful time to read - guaranteed no distractions.

curlyjax - Good grief! Your Fatboy: The Movie, is real. Give the guy credit for letting all those scenes be filmed. I cringed at the scene in the trailer where his newly arrived trainer tossed all his boxes of cereals. Kudos for bringing home half of that omelette.

Readers -
Quote:

What do do . . .

• Had I read my Response Cards and Advantages Deck today? Yes, in the morning.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #29  

I got a lot done yesterday. The YMCA that i'm considering joining is newly renovated and beautiful. It offers a lot of free classes; I'm particularly interested in a Sunday morning yoga one. I think I will join after the holidays. The kids both have memberships to cheap places, but I want a pool. Since I'm only working 30 hours, I can head over after work too. It will be a good mood lifter as well as good for me physically.
I bought groceries and made chili, and got the lights put up on the tree. Cashed in my Kohls cash for two shirts, and dropped off my gifts at church. For relaxation I sorted thru a bunch of coins while listening to an audiobook, I must have not had enough calories as I ended up quite hungry and needing an extra snack at night.
Maryann: sounds like you're having a great time in MI.
Karen-wow that is early to hike! I would definitely need a nap after that.
Gardenerjoy-that's the beauty of virtual meetings indeed, no food.
Bill- Actually the movie I rented is British and called Run, Fatboy, Run. The trailer doesn't really show what its about and I can't get it to link anyhow. It's silly but I like the actor. Scary that there's a shortage on boots already.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:15 AM   #30  

Good morning coaches,

Food was on plan yesterday; still waiting for the next drop in weight. I stopped at the store yesterday to buy the other ingredients I need for Buttery Cashew Brittle and more Christmas cards. I figured if I did those errands I won't even need to leave the house today except for walking Otis. I purchased the raw cashews from Amazon because they seem to be nicer and the raw ones aren't always available here.

I just finished applying for my Thailand Pass which entails uploading my Passport, vaccine information and copy of the card, travel insurance to be sure I have $50,000 for Covid illness, flight information, and a one day hotel stay for quarantine while my covid test is administered and results received. I had saved all the items I scanned as PDF files, but they had to be changed to JPEG. It wasn't difficult once I figured out what to do, but I wish I were a little more familiar with some of this. The only hoop left to jump through will be to get a PCR Covid test a couple days before I leave and purchase a test to use before I return to the states. Travel isn't so easy these days, but I'm afraid if I wait until it is I'll be too old to travel.

Curlyjax. It sounds like you had a productive day yesterday. The Y sounds really nice and it's great that you have shorter days so you can go more often. I didn't get up to hike that early. Unfortunately I just wake up way to early sometimes.

Bill. Our REI has been low on stock too. I thought maybe part of it is that so many people are buying on line, so they don't bring things to the store from the warehouse. I need some new hiking shoes/trail runners and I think I'll just buy from REI online.

Gardener Joy. The virtual get togethers do have that benefit or not being around the food. It does seem kind of nice to have some food prepared by someone other than me though.

Maryann. Your Michigan trip sounds really great. What clothing items did you find?

Waving to Penny and Onebyone.

Closed Thread