Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:48 PM   #286  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I tested myself too early in my restart, I think, but am proud to say Day 2 (I KNOW it's not much) on plan. SO far. I made a farmer scramble tonight and made one that was too big for me, but wanted it all, honestly. I weighed the potatoes, measured the olive oil, etc., and even plated it all (600 calories!) and then realized I could test myself with the take something you love and leave a portion. I left about 40%, and put the rest in the fridge. Challenge tonight is to stay away from it.

Two walks today - one briefer one at lunch and a longer one this evening - both with pooch (took a few extra minutes at lunch but it evens out). Proud of that because I have been VERY exercise resistant.

GardenerJoy - I give you credit. I have never thought of my gardening and squatting and picking up armloads of leaves to count as my activity and that I could use that toward a monthly total. I like that! I might be more tempted to do even more in my gardens then Thank you for the idea.

p.a. - CREDITS for not snacking while hungry at the studio! Breaking a habit or it is a place that's taboo to eat? Thanks for reminding me that I can pick up healthy food for dinner - even if it's at the market. I rarely think of that.

Spanky - I read your post and feel so much compassion for you. I cannot fathom those challenges day after day after day. I hope you are able to find some time to carve out for yourself - even combining every relaxing thing - hot bath, cup of tea, flickering candle, aromatherapy scent.

KarenRN - We, too, have the same division of duties - we both work FT and I handle meals, marketing, all pet care, gardening and nearly all cleaning. He handles cars, oddball repairs and some yardwork. Oddly, when we were dating he cooked a great deal more Hmmm... I'm going to mention that I remember his stir fry was really good and maybe he could do that on a day he's off and I'm not. That would be heavenly. When I'm tired, that's when I suggest we eat out and I don't make stellar choices some times.

DailyPractice - Kudos to you for working on the meal timing! I keep thinking that's how I lost 10 last summer - I've rethought it and it wasn't a lot less food but my meal times were all over the place due to caregiving.

Bill - Smiling at your DH's usual ban of repeat meals and that should you desire more than half of an orange, you're on your own ha ha! Do you have to wait until after mother's day to start planting? My aunt in Weymouth used to do that.

OneByOne - YAY on the return to WW. I keep tossing that around because of the accountability factor. To know that I need to weigh in and no excuses for skipping one. No way I'm letting DH see that scale

Maryann - You have to be such a good resource and support for those you work with. Your son, as well, will hold that extra time spent with you as dear.

Have we lost our Australian contingent? Hoping to see you ForMyGirls and GosfordGirl Busy summers?

Last edited by nationalparker; 03-31-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:26 AM   #287  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the April 2015 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread