Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Height: 5'4"

Boy oh Boy you guys were crazy busy while I was on vacation!

Back and trying to get caught up on work, but wanted to report a huge credit! 100% on plan all through vacation, camping, etc! no sugar, no flour, no grains, no processed crud....just fruits, veggies and meat and eggs! Feeling so good mentally and physically!

Will post more as I can find time
Old 08-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

I made a plan yesterday (and so far today) and stuck to it, so apparently it is possible. Yesterday, I still had the normal PM urge to snack, but it was easy to ignore. I love those days when resistance is easy. I also went for a run both yesterday and today. It’s the first post-marathon run I’ve done and it felt great. I’m still keeping it short and easy, but it’s nice to get back into a running routine. I just feel better about life.

AmberPr, thanks for sharing your food chart. Looks like a good way to track your food.

Houston2Command, lol at the “life is a basket of laundry” metaphor. Those day-to-day fluctuations can drive you crazy if you let them. Over time, you’ll see the trend downward and it puts those overnight 2 lb gains into perspective. Yay for a 500 cal burn!

MaryContrary, food planning can be a little overwhelming at first, but after a while, it will begin to come easily. Some of us find that planning even saves time with shopping, etc. The great thing about a plan is that you can change it if something isn’t working. It just takes time to work out the kinks.

MorganleFay, yay for getting to your lowest weight in 6 yrs! As we all note regularly, the day-to-day number on the scale always seems fickle. There are so many factors that influence it. Your dh is right that 30 minutes of poor eating isn’t a big deal in the long run. It’s more important to work on keeping those 30 minutes from becoming a habit.

Ade903, we’ve all fallen prey to that sabotaging “Last Supper” mentality. Great job recognizing it and just moving on with your food plan. Sounds like you are off to a good start. There are pros and cons to weighing daily. I like it because it has helped me overcome a fear of the scale, but everyone is different.

Starling, the BioPod experiment sounds very cool! And bonus that it helps you get rid of food that you don’t need.

Madrikh, sorry that your hurt back kept you from taking walks on the beach. Hope you are on the mend. Kudos for finding some exercise that does work for you. It sounds like you did great eating out!

Alma4343, good job recognizing a potential problem before it hits. Maybe if you give yourself mini-rewards for sticking to your plan (regardless of weight loss). I’m just throwing out an idea.

Seadwaters, I hope dinner didn’t burn! Great job making a smart choice when filling up the car. Good luck figuring out how to pack a lunch. Our Women in Ag group gave out insulated lunch bags as a door prize. Would something like that help broaden your lunch options?

BillBE, kudos for braving the elements and going to the gym, and without even giving it a second thought. I think you deserve more than partial credit for the blueberry pie. It sounds like you found a sane way to work a little treat into your diet. That sounds like success to me.

Ruthxxx, yay for dusting off Beck and getting a chance to read! Italy sounds like it will be a great motivation.

Maryblu, what a great question! You’ll have me pondering that one for the day. I think the answer is “yes.” So my follow-up question is, “Then why do you let yourself get off track?” I think that rebelliousness is part of it. Thanks for giving me a thought to chew on for the day.

Onebyone, great job thinking ahead for your movie. It makes all the difference. I don’t think you’re rationalizing. The “Perfect Plan” is completely useless if you don’t follow it. The modified “Pretty Darn Good Plan” is better since you’ll follow it.

Newbebop, sending you motivational thoughts. (I’d appreciate any sent my way as well!) Yay for those hills being easier. My FIL loves to say, “That’s no hill for a high-stepper” every time someone easily overcomes a challenge.

Gardenerjoy, ouch for allergies. Best of luck in dealing with it. I like to use a sinus rinse when I’ve been breathing in those allergens. Yay for the garden giving you such a great workout.

New2me2, ouch for the tooth extraction and for the sudden change of food-plan it requires. I know you already had a tough list of dietary restrictions to begin with. Best of luck finding soft foods that work.

Lexxiss, kudos for identifying an emotional eating trigger and stopping it before it starts! Great job using the time for something constructive like de-cluttering. I’m in denial that fall and winter are upon us. I think it can stay summer forever.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello!

Well, yesterday was a success. On plan (diet) all day (credit). Read my ARCs (credit). Stairs always (credit). I planned to exercise, but did not (I have a pretty good excuse, but I'm not going to post it. There are no excuses! lol).

Today I spent a good chunk of time planning dinner for Thursday (credit). It's my sister's birthday and we are going to Claim Jumper, so I need to be prepared (that place is not even a little diet-friendly). And then I'll sit down with my mom and see what she plans to cook this weekend (or what options I have at their house...they have a lot of healthy stuff, so I'll just need to plan before Friday!). I put my workout DVD in my computer, so me and Jillian Michaels have a work out date in 2 1/2 hours. NO CHOICE! lol. I'm on day 16. And she kinda specifies food and no choice, but I'm using it for exercise. I've decided since I slipped up yesterday, I'm counting that as my rest day! That'll teach me!

Starling - I like "Get rid of extra food. It'll be wasted in the trash can or in my body. Either way, it's wasted" too. I need to remember it when I'm getting full at Claim Jumper!!

Alma4343 - you can make it past week 12!! Unrelated, but I've always broken up with my BFs in September. I'm hoping he makes it past this time!! lol

BillBlueEyes - you are too funny! cuties are hard to resist!

Ruthxxx - Italy? Lucky! Just saw "Eat Pray Love" and now I'm dying to travel!

onebyone - I'm new at this...but sometimes when you are expecting Bananas, life throws us Grapefruits! lol. Just plan to alter the dry toast for tomorrow when planning tonight!

newbebop - sending you motivation dust!!

new2me2 - Soft foods? Yikes! Good luck!

Lexxiss - I'm guilty of needing to de-clutter. *sigh*

Houston2Command - way to go losing that inch!

MaryContrary - partners make this difficult. I think that'll be my biggest obstacle. My boyfriend is the type that either goes out for every meal (literally) or decides at the last minute to go to the grocery store and just get food for that ONE meal. Drives me nuts. But hopefully now that I'm planning and cooking, he'll just go along with it...

MorganleFay - I think some of them you can just change the number in your signature. I usually make a new one cuz I get bored easy lol. *ohhh shiny!!*

Well, I've got to get back to the daily grind. Have a fab one!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Wednesday Morning

Hi Coaches

I have a really full day away from the computer and home late tonight so I am checking in early. I have a plan for a difficult eating day and have packed food to get me through. I have organised my dinner which is marinating in the fridge and it gives me a ridiculous sense of safety.

It is also encouraging to see all your posts and journeys - keeps me on track

As to whether I am "100% positive that if you follow the Beck blueprint step-by-step that you will succeed in your weight loss/control effort?"

Thanks Maryblu for having us think about this - I believe if I don't lose weight it is because I am not following the blueprint - not because this particular blueprint is wrong. As you say it is a simple and clear step-by-step formula and all I have to do is DO IT. Amazing how difficult that can be at times

Progress -
- I motivated myself by reading A&R cards - No
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise
behaviours - Yes
- Limit junk food to once per day - No junk food last night
- Made food plan - Yes
- Logged food soon after eating - Yes
- Food on-plan - Yes
- Ate seated every time - yes
- Ate mindfully & slowly & put down fork occasionally - Yes
- Weighed myself - Yes - down 210.4
- Exercise - No

Working on -
staying on top of things
Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello Coaches

Hello All,

Quick post and Hellos. It has been a few days since I have advanced in the book. I am going to delve into the next chapter after spin class tonight.

Credits:

exercise
spontaneous exercise
ARC's
other cardsj

Seadwaters: Credit for planning ahead for your busy day.

ade903: I use the no choice for exercise too. Gotta do it to be healthy. It has really changed my body since I "beefed up" my exercise routine in April.
Your September correlation is interesting. Keep us posted.

Shephardess: Congratulations on resistance getting easier. That is great

MikkiJoe: Welcome back, can't wait to hear your vacation tales.

MorganleFay: I had trouble with the ticker too. If you look in your signature line when you go to "edit" you can manually change the number in the weight. (It is a url with numbers slashes and dashes) It is not very intuitive.

MaryContrary: Coming here and posting is great. You are going to get this down. For planning, I try to stick to just a couple meals and repeat them often. I know this is too boring for some people. But, it makes planning sooo much easier. I try to change it up every couple weeks.
I have only been doing this a little while. But, I am trying to follow the plan as close as possible. However, one day sometimes takes 2 or 3 for me when I get busy. But, I decided to make myself do all the tasks. I do move on even if I have not "mastered" a technique. I plan on starting from the beginning as soon as I get to the end. Hopefully, I will make more progress each time.

Houston2Command: I hear you, the inches are great, but we WANT to see that scale move. You know it will soon.

Lexxiss: Great job recognizing you need to take some time and commiting to your food plan. Your weight loss to date is so impressive.

new2me2: New LOW! Super! I can't wait to be able to say that.

gardenerjoy: It is great you reminded yourself that feeling bad is one of your triggers. Good job recognizing it and committing no to do it.

newbebop: I think I would poison myself if I tried canning. Impressive. I don't know if the hills will ever get easier for me. Especially on a bike. So, you are doing great if they are getting easier for you!

onebyone: I experienced a no popcorn movie date this weekend. I hope to learn to enjoy the smell without craving the taste

maryblu: I have the same rebel thing. I call it "rebelling against myself". At least you recognize it now. That has helped me a lot. Yes to your question, I do think it will work.

Ruthxxx: Good job on committing to reading the book. We need everyone we can get here.

BillBlueEyes: Excellent on the BB pie. Not only did you only have 1/2, but you resisted heating it up and putting that ice cream you found on it That is what I might have done. Haha

Have a great day!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #276  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking BiG CreDiT

Coaches!

I decluttered enough yuesterday and today to set the wii dance dance revolution dance party 3 mat up and I just completed 20min of it in workout mode. I don't know why my head poo-poos the wii as "not being a good enough workout" when here I sit, sweat rolling off the tip of my nose and down my back. Hello?

Sabotaging thought I see you

I stayed op 89% today and got 20 minutes of the first real exercise my body has done in over, what 8 months? Maybe longer. That's enough of a rest I'd say. Time to work it.

Thank you Becksters for cheering me on.
Thanks.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Just dropped by here last thing in the day to soak up some inspiration.
Thanks Bekkies!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everybody!

Today was pretty good. Mostly good eating. I know I'm not following everything perfectly. Definitely some "stick'n think'n" going on because I'm not doing everything perfectly (I'm not writing everything down and it's nagging me- hence the PDF chart that I'm going to start using tomorrow.) I need to remind myself that even though I'm not doing everything right, I am still making progress and need to cut myself some slack!

Haven't done any running yet this week. The top of my foot kinda hurts and I don't want to aggravate it. Now that I have access to the TIVO, I'm recording some strength training shows and will incorporate those into my week.

• Drank a glass of tea
  • Made good meal choices
  • Checked in with you all
  • Two walks in
  • Ate mostly on plan. (need to portion out dinner better)

New2me2: I Really like your pace of de-cluttering a bit at a time. I approached a few neglected clothes baskets, and my kitchen counters. Sorry about your tooth! Ouch.

Shepherdess: I really applaud that you continue to maintain. Has it gotten easier? Do you feel like you a system that you can go back to?

MaryBlu: Hope your week is getting better with "bad behavior." I think gardening is great exercise and should be double credit- exercise and healthy eating! As for the Beck Blueprint - yes, I think it works if you stay active at it and keep tweeking it to work the best for you. For example, I've been spending so much time planning my food, weighing and measuring that I'm getting burnt out because it takes so much energy. So now, I'm reusing my breakfasts, lunches and snacks that I know the numbers for and am now working on some easy dinners I can rotate through. That's the hardest one for me. I also think "Keeping your eye on the prize" keeps me on goal. I should really get back to my advantages cards...

Newbebop: Great job learning a new skill - canning.

Starling: Glad you can join us on the board. It is a busy one. You sound like a really good teacher-- your kids are luck to have you. That BioPod sounds interesting. I'm hoping to start a garden next year.

Nuxmaga: Nice to "see you" again!

Seadwaters: Yeah for the good week! I think my computer is mostly sorted now. However, now I'm finding it a little difficult finding some things...As for the food on the go, I think it's time to reward yourself with one of those cute cooler bags! Some of them are really styling.

BillBE: Never heard of Arctic Zero ice cream… was it any good? Did you have some with your blueberry pie?

Lexxiss: You are brave to eat foraged mushrooms -- I love mushrooms -some day I plan to learn how to identify them.

BeverlyJoy: I'm so glad things are beginning to resolve for you.

GardenerJoy: How do you like the Food Mover? It looks like an easy way to keep track of your daily intake of food.

OnebyOne: You are making great strides in creating your own dieting plan. Lots of deducing thinking going on! You make a good point of planning the creamer. We can have those things, we just need to plan for them.

Houston: I hear ya on the laundry- I seem to be slacking in that department as my piles are getting bigger. Hope your week is going good.

MaryC: It takes a little time, but you'll start to develop a plan that works for you. I find that each diet I try, I learn something new and add it too my arsenal! I'm big on being perfect - but as you know, we don't learn unless we fail, so fail we must if we are to learn anything.

Morgan: I'm glad it's working for you! The scale will be back down in no time. It was just giving you a sneak peak to see how you'd react!

Ade/Ashley: Welcome to the board! Wow, that was a long hunger day. Great job!

Madrikh: Hope your back feels better. What a find- sounds like many folks here are finding good deals of the workbook...I'm gonna have to look a little harder.

Alma: I feel like I'm doing the same thing...I'm going to town and that I get a little cocky thinking that "oh, I can just guesstimate the calories in this." It's a slippery slope. Let me know how you decide to approach it.

Ruthxxx: You go Girl! Time to get Beck'n!

Mikkijoe: Wow! Huge credit for staying on plan. You are amazing.

Talk to you all later! Have a great Beck Day!

Last edited by AmberPr; 08-25-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:01 AM   #279  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Walked to the local Japanese restaurant for a ramen bowl for dinner - noodles, pork, veggies, etc. CREDIT moi for both the walk and a dinner that was mostly broth. Etc. was probably a weeks worth of salt, LOL.

maryblu - Yep, I am 100% positive that the Beck blueprint step-by-step will succeed. And, I'm equally as positive that waddling about getting complacent won't. I've got evidence for both.

onebyone - It's not "rationalizing." You gotta make a food plan that you love, that you look forward to each day, each meal. Tweak til you're there. Then, you've got your Beck recipe.

LMAO at, "Sabotaging thought I see you" - once spotted, it hasn't a chance.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for "lots of squatting and bending and lunging in the garden" - noble exercise.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Interesting that the ultimate in a planned meal is one marinating in the fridge.

Shepherdess - Yay for your first post-marathon run. It's still exciting to think that you just ran a whole marathon; Congrats again.

Ruth (Ruthxxx) - Delightful thought of Cape Breton as preparation for Italy. Sending supportive thoughts that it will get your mindset properly aligned so that you'll enjoy the Italian treats. Don't forget to save room on your plan for gelato.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Good lesson with your determination to not let other peoples' "stuff" into your eating plan. I suspect that by seeing that in advance, you'll succeed.

Donna (new2me2) - Congrats for getting your tooth to where you want it to be. Ouch for 6-8 weeks of soft food - that's a challenge.

Houston2Command - SUPER KUDOS for the big workout. Inches are real; pounds will follow.

Amber (AmberPr) - I second your notion, "cut myself some slack!" - just saying that out loud gives you the power to do it. Actually, I didn't buy the Arctic Zero ice cream, I just read the nutrition label and left it in the store's freezer for when I really need it.

Mikkijoe - The whole camping trip at 100% on your food plan - that's major Kudos for sure. Can't wait for some stories.

Alma (Alma4343) - Yay for spin class for a good workout.

MorganleFay - The scale jumps around to keep us humble. Keep on keeping on.

newbebop - I'm so jealous of your canning a batch of pepper rings. How will you use them? Kudos that your stamina is improving on your walks.

Ashley (ade903) - Yep, declare it your rest day and move on. Kudos for planning your meal at Claim Jumper in advance. Might be time to test your skills at asking that something be cooked special.

MaryContrary - Yep, Kudos for working out a solution to your food plan in the face of sharing meals and emotions. It's a challenge to accept that you're a success when your path isn't "perfect" - but possible since you see that so clearly.

Carol (Starling) - Sending inspiration vibes.

Readers -
Quote:
day 36
Believe It

"I'm just not the kind of person who can lose weight," she told me. She continued to be skeptical that I could help her, even after I described the mindset and behavior strategies I'd teach her. But Brenda said that she was willing to try.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 239.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #280  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Beck friends
BillBlueEyes, you certainly have a way of hitting the nail on the head...I would call the following, "Recipe for Success". Thanks! Hope you're desalinating.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Diet Coaches/Buddies
Yep, I am 100% positive that the Beck blueprint step-by-step will succeed. And, I'm equally as positive that waddling about getting complacent won't. I've got evidence for both.

It's not "rationalizing." You gotta make a food plan that you love, that you look forward to each day, each meal. Tweak til you're there. Then, you've got your Beck recipe.
I am grateful upon waking to find my heart isn't hurting so much today. I have a food plan for today and will stick to it. I'm emotionally exhausted and will nap today, if necessary, instead of eating.

onebyone, *credit* for exercise! BTW My friends all say the Wii is a more than adequate workout. Enjoy yours! Wish I had one!

Houston2Command, when I fit into my smaller clothes it's the inches that matter not the #. *credit* for knowing that . I think the insight Dr. Beck has on our relationship with the scale is the best philosophy I have read, so far.

MaryContrary, *credit* for your perspective on your day with unplanned food. Perhaps it is an area where you can come up with a plan for next time. I don't eat white flour and have taken my own bun to McD's in order to stay OP. That step helps me stay focused when I am there. Getting back on track is really important. *credit* for that, too. Answering your question, I think following the Beck plan "precisely" is what Dr. Beck asks. When she asks us to circle any of the items on the "to do list" that we didn't do then we are really able to see areas that we can improve on. I did find, especially when beginning, that having my plan in place a day ahead of time made it much easier to say "No Choice" to food not in my plan, but instead to recognize that if that's what I wanted I could put it in the plan for tomorrow. Knowing that it gets easier helps, too.

MorganleFay, reading your post I thought, perhaps "Oh, well...I knew it was too good to be true" could be classified as a sabotaging thought. The scale always bounces around for me, but if I've been there it counts. Staying OP does increase the chances of seeing it again. Keep truckin'!

Mikkijoe, *CREDIT* for 100% OP during vacation! Major success and it's great news that you're feeling so good, both mentally and physically!

Shepherdess, *credit* for all your previous Beck work which sets you up for days when resistance is easy.

Ashley (ade903),*credit* for thinking ahead for the special events in your life and for planning exercise after your rest day.

Cheryl (seadwaters), *credit* for having organised your dinner in the morning. It is an important safety net when you are busy and away during the day.

Carol (Starling), *credit* for nighttime check ins!

AmberPr, *credit* for cutting yourself some slack while recognizing the improvements you are making in your plan. I really believe that being kind to ourselves is so important in this process. BTW-I don't identify mushrooms but trust my friend who has been at it for years.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-25-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #281  
finding herself

S/C/G: 241/226/175

Height: 5'7"

Quick morning check in. Thanks for the motivation and the kind words. It was was very wet this morning from last nights rain. I convinced myself it was too wet to walk and although I tried to talk myself out of a workout all together, I did a good solid 30 minutes on the stationary bike. (which really needs a different seat...ouch) I killed two birds by peddling and reading some chapters for school.

The canning has been a great experience. I have planted a garden for a few years now to varying degrees of success depending on weather and busy summer schedules. Each year I see so much of it go to waste. It is surely too much work to keep it up if I don't find a better way to use up the fruits, and veggies, of my labor. ;-) I have had some extra time this summer and just really enjoyed spending some of it out in the dirt. My next endeavor will be a big batch of salsa.

I must say I was reading my beck chapters last night and they really did come at a good time. They were about losing steam and sabotaging thoughts. I am going to try to write down those thoughts that keep popping into my head and take a closer look at them.

keep up the great work Becksters, and motivation and encouragement for all!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #282  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking neighbourly behaviour

Hi Coaches

I'm still feeling good about getting real planned exercise in yesterday. I was expecting some part of my body to be sore this morning but it's not. credit to my strong body.

Last night the neighbour gave me a plate of Lebanese delicacies: baklava and other sweets. DH hasn't peeked at it yet. I just did. They look good but since I don't like honey they don't scream at me. They do call (it's the pistachio bits I see YUM) but it's pretty faint. My plan for the treats is to present them to DH and if he doesn't want them I will bring them in to the office tomorrow and share them. I have another food gift given to me by Pat of Pat's Sweet Temptations at he market this past Saturday. I haven't opened it so could pass that on today... Maybe I'll bring the baklava in today too-DH probably won't even notice. I can save him one or two and drop off the rest

I am half way through my planned breakfast. I looked ahead to see lunch and dinner and am happy to know I have what I need here on hand. It actually gives me peace to know my food needs for the day are taken are of. Planning certainly aids in feeling peaceful. Funny enough, I haven't had that feeling too often this year. Maybe things are shifting in some profound way for me. I can hope. I have even found myself thinking about planning a block of time daily to work on my art, specifically to paint. I'm not going to improve by not painting. But I think I need to carve out a special time and place for it. This means my next decluttering focus will be on getting my studio (the master bedroom) cleared out and cleaned up so I can work in there. I need a new little sitting area. I have to get the dresser and the vanity out of there and I have to decide what to do with the old artwork and the other non-painting supplies I have. It's a major overhaul but the room is not really dirty just disorganized. I actually made quite a few good artworks up there. Time to get serious about this stuff.

Anyway, I feel good today and need to eat the rest of my breakfast and be off to the school for kiln duty. I need today to be a good workday.

Have a good one Becksters.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi becksters, coaches, friends.....

I got 'brave' today. It's been the end of June since I've weighed myself. That's when the spots/staph/ulcerations/pain/uncertainty of surgery, etc started. Today it showed that I have gained 13 pounds this summer. It's depressing. But - as with all things in life - what's done is done. I changed my ticker - no sense living in denial another moment.

I am grateful to know whats going on. Even though the date of my foot/ankle surgery is still uncertain - I must get back to what I know works and aim for sanity with food. I feel very weary of all this health stuff. But, I am grateful to know that there are some answers to this health crisis.

It's amazing how, for such a long time, I was able to use these techniques to help me cope with my food addiction and live sanely with food. Alas - I've been so overwhelmed with health concerns/stress it seems those things drained out of my brain. But - I have the willingness to PLAN today. I am going to journal and keep track and try to get through this day. I am am aiming to be able to say to you all..."I've had a good day....."

I'd like to help and and comment again. I haven't been very stellar during my health crisis - so I hope you all will accept my thoughts and support in the spirit in which they are given.

Have a great day, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-25-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #284  
Green Tomatoes

I made pesto yesterday -- 2 ice cube trays full in the freezer and about half a cup to use in dishes this week. And, I still have another basil plant to cut back, but I ran out of both energy and ingredients. I love that I can make pesto in August by cutting the plant nearly all the way back. It will grow so vigorously, if nothing goes wrong, in the next few months that I will be able to make pesto again on the day the first frost is predicted.

WI: -0.3kg (new low), Exercise: +60 1445/1800 minutes for August, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Mikkijoe: great job with the 100% on plan vacation!

Shepherdess and MorganleFay: thanks for the reminders of sinus rinsing. I used a Neti pot last winter when it was dry -- time to get it out again.

ade903: yay for all of those credits! And good job planning for a special restaurant meal and the weekend!

seadwaters: way to go getting dinner pre-prepared and noticing that it makes you feel good

Alma4343: yay for all of those credits and for a plan to proceed in the book

onebyone: so glad you got your Wii set up! It really is great exercise! I've been quite impressed with the effect that Walk It Out, which is really walking in place on a beat, is having on my body. I sometimes don't even really break a sweat, but I keep up with it a long time and the weight keeps coming off. Sweet!

AmberPr: the Food Mover is working for me at this stage. It does not particularly encourage the advanced planning that Beck advocates. So, I'm kind of glad I didn't have it at the beginning when advanced planning really made a huge difference for me.

BillBlueEyes: good job with the low cal (if high salt) dinner and excellent that you walked to get it.

Lexxiss: glad you're feeling better and that you have maintained a willingness to stay on plan

newbebop: good job getting yourself on the exercise bike when the weather kept you from your walk

new2me2: hope your mouth is healing! Good job realizing that a soft food order requires a new food plan!

Houston2Command: losing an inch is great! That scale just doesn't know anything!

MaryContrary: yay for all those credits! And for recognizing where things went wrong and making a plan for something new to try -- that's the willingness that keeps things moving in the right direction.

MorganleFay: put the ticker in your signature (User CP on the top menu bar), but it looks like maybe you figured that out.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Not quite sure what to think, but I'm down again today...almost half a pound. So, that's 2.4 pounds since Friday. But, I'll celebrate a new low anyway, lol. I guess I'll change my ticker...I was kind of holding out to see if it was a little dehydration, but I drank enough yesterday I think.

I have a written plan for today, although I just realized I forgot to bring one of my items, lol. Oh well. I think I'll have enough anyway. I brought two little individual gluten-free asian noodle soup packages that aren't actually on the written plan for today that I can eat if I have to. I'm not hungry yet so that might be helpful.

On today's plan: my usual morning and evening protein shakes (I always add 1/2 a banana and some vitamins to them), a small container of coconut milk yogurt, a small individual container of unsweetened applesauce, and a non-vitamin/protein shake. What I forgot to bring was the egg whites I was going to cook up in the microwave, so instead I'll have one of those noodle packages if I need it.

I ended up resting yesterday, so no exercise to report. I'm going to try to weights today.

I got the pile of papers beside the couch taken care of. Forgot to write in a declutter plan for today, but I think it will be the pile of papers next to the computer.

gardenerjoy Ouch, sorry about the allergy reaction!

Lexxiss Yay for not letter other peoples "stuff" get to you. Yes, do relax and let yourself heal emotionally!

Houston2Command Not to worry, blow in and out as you need to, lol. CONGRATULATIONS on the inch loss!!! When you get down into that next lower size, even if you haven't lost weight, you'll feel MUCH happier about it all!

MaryContrary Very impressive list of credits! Always good to start with the good! Ouch for off plan, but you are a work in progress...good to not beat yourself up, just move on.

MorganleFay I had to do a new ticker the first time because I couldn't figure it out. (for Ticker Factory): If you set up a password you can double click on it to update it. I like the idea of adding veggies...I can't eat many, but I do have some frozen spinach in the freezer and was thinking that adding just a little to the shake wouldn't be bad, especially since I blend them...but the thought of a little piece getting stuck in the tooth socket kind of made me ill, so I decided not to.

Mikkijoe CONGRATULATIONS on being 100% on plan on vacation...that is definitely HUGE.

Shepherdess Yay for making a plan and sticking to it!

ade903 Yay to being on food plan all day!

seadwaters(Cheryl) Yay for plans for difficult eating days!! It definitely helps!

Alma4343 You will be saying "new low" before you know it! Just stick with it!

onebyone Yay!!! Yes, Wii can definitely be a good workout. There is a new game, Gold's Gym Dance that looks like it might be fun. I'm planning to get it. LOVE this: "Sabotaging thought I see you" Great plan for the neighborly treats!

Starling Glad you dropped by!

AmberPr Yes, you ARE making progress. Progress is good!

BillBlueEyes Ummm, Japanese food...love it!

newbebop Yay for doing a workout even though you tried to talk yourself out of it! Yes, get thee a gel seat for that bike! I had to laugh at your comment about the Beck book chapters coming at the right time--it did that for me as well...uncanny the way it seemed to come at the right time!

Beverlyjoy Good for you for being brave enough to weigh. You've had so much to deal with, getting back on "plan" can only help.

Last edited by new2me2; 08-25-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: change banana shake to protein shake, lol
Closed Thread