Old 08-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Congrats Tiff! I wish I could say the same! No weight loss for me this week and I am now onto the next phase. How much weight loss was that from the last time you weighed in?

I dont really get on here on the weekends so we had a busy Saturday going to the farmers market, the marina for lunch, then the Batman movie in the evening. Sunday was a rainy day here in Florida, so we just stayed in all day. I "fell off the wagon" as a result of being home all day. :-( I ate a raspberry cheesecake bar with graham cracker crust, and then, since I screwed up there, I figured "oh well" and ate half a jar of homemade blackberry jam and a PB&J sandwich. Ugh. Shameful. How bad do you think this is going to hit me? Weight gain, no loss at all? I am so foreign to Atkins, its still a learning curb for me and I have the oldest version of Atkins, which does not cover some of these modern day foods or slip ups.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #47  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

That was a 4good pounds loss because TOM shot me up to 258/259 but from my last true weight it was a 1 lb. Loss -of so with that I figure I lost 3-4my lbs water weight and hopefully 1it pound of fat... just a guess though.
Sounds like a great weekend! How was the Batman movie? I definitely want to go see it!

As far as your slip up, it is hard to say what your scale will show but it is unlikely that you gained much fat from that, you will most likely see a water weight gain though. The water weight will go away after a few days to a week.

The first time that I cheated, I have 3 slices of pizza and did not gain anything but stalled for about 5 days. The second time I cheated I don't remember everuthing I ate but it was a bit worse than the first and I gained 4 pounds water weight which came off after 5 days of (re)induction. Don't let the lack of loss get you down! I don't lose consistently either but it seems I usually lose 1-2 pounds at a time or nothing at all!

I am looking forward to the next few phases for sure - the variety will be nice. I am in OWL Rung 1 right now. For 1-2 more weeks.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #48  

Batman was great, loved the ending. I still think the Joker movie was the best in my opinion but this was just as good. The Director said he is not making any more so Ill be interested to see how they carry on the trilogy. I think so far ahead with these things, lol. I want to see the campaign movie with Will Ferrell next, that looks funny.

Thanks for history on your struggles and loss, it helps. I know everyone is different and I am ok with that, I just want to make sure I know what to expect. If I am expecting the scales to go up, I am less likely to get frustrated, ya know?

So, what was on your menu today? Do you mind if we exchange menu's, I would like to see what you are up to.

Breakfast: 1 fried egg in butter, 2 johnsonville sausage pattys
Lunch: (I had to eat out due to a time crunch with running errands) KFC grilled white meat chicken - 2 pieces, a cup of green beans, and sadly to say...Pepsi Max. I think I am coming off of my "sugar high" and my body was crashing hard at that point, so I needed a pick me up (which really didnt pick me up).
Snack: pepperjack cheese, 2 oz.
Dinner: shrimp scampi

Oh, speaking of shrimp scampi. I just read that endless shrimp is back at Red Lobster....god help me, lol. I think I am ok though because the only thing I ever eat there is the shrimp scampi, so that might be a good option to eat out? Ill have to look into it. I dont like ANY of their sides and as long as I tell them no bread, I should be good, lol. Is it scary that I am looking forward to stuffing myself with shrimp till I get sick? *scratches head* Hmmmm.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #49  
Changing for the better

The Joker movie is by far the best (that I've seen so far, anyway).

I don't mind sharing menus at all. Your menu sounds great, minus the Pepsi max LOL
breakfast: One Minute Flax muffin w/lemon extract
lunch: leftover low carb pizza (I had it in the freezer: green bell pep, pepperoni, blk olives, spinach, onion, made some low carb pizza sauce, and did the egg&mozzarella crust). Next time I am going to try the cauliflower crust. Small salad w/caesar.
dinner: pan seared salmon with snow peas & butter
snack: spicy pork rinds

I LOVE shrimp scampi.... I just might go to Red Lobster and check it out haha. Really, filling up on the shrimp scampi shouldn't hurt.... and I can't say anything about looking forward to pigging out because I do that too!! I have never tried their biscuits but as soon as I move along on the ladder, I found a low carb Red Lobster biscuit recipe that I will make before going and bring with me (so that I am not tempted).
Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #50  
Changing for the better

Todays menu:!
B: 3eggs & breakfast sausage
L: leftover seafood and okra gumbo
S: pork rinds with oz sour cream w/green onion and shallot
D: seared salmon in olive oil and snow peas sauteed in sesame oil w/shallots and ginger, 2 cream cheese clouds
S: 1/2 avocado with white pepper, salt, and coconut oil on it

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 08-14-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 182.1/ticker/130

Height: 5'6''

Way to go! The cheese clouds sound delish, what are they??

Last edited by Colliea21; 08-15-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Colliea21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #52  
Changing for the better

The recipe is on genaw.com... basically they are cream cheese and butter with some sweetener and extract if your choice. I made strawberry ones but this weekend i am going to try to concoct some pina colada ones I froze mine but they are better after thawing for 10 minutes.
eta: i hope you're doing well

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 08-15-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #53  

Hey Tiff....sorry I checked out yesterday, I was working the elections and it was a busy day. Anyway, the cheese clouds sound yummy. You are so good at thinking outside the box. I really need to start switching up my recipes. Ill post my menu from yesterday and then today....

Yesterday (I ate - A LOT):

3 fried eggs in butter and two pieces of bacon
tuna with mayo and a few onions, stuffed in a red pepper
grilled chicken with avocado on tom
white lightening chili - chicken and white beans (only 1/4 cup)
grilled chicken with cheddar cheese
2 slims jims (high in sodium and I normally dont eat them but it was better than a bag of chips out of the snack machine).

TODAY:

Funny story...we lost my 3 lb chihuahua this morning, I normally check under the pillows because that is where she decides to hide but this time she wasnt there. Since I got home so late last night and was EXHAUSTED, I was afraid I accidentally let her out. Long story short, I finally found her in the bathroom with the bathroom trash on top of her! Poor baby. One of the kids threw candy wrappers in there and she sniffed it out. Anyway, the point of this story is I was 30 minutes late to work and skipped breakfast...something I NEVER do.

So, on that note...I surely filled up at lunch. I went to steak and shake.

Jalapeno double cheeseburger- pepperjack cheese, jalapeno peppers and a small bit of salsa.
THEN - a double cheeseburger with cheddar. No buns on either.
THEN - a small side salad with bleu cheese dressing.

We are habing tilapia for dinner but I am not sure what to have with it? I already ate my veggie helping for the day, which I normally save my greens for dinner time. Hmmm. I have a lot of pork rinds at home, any suggestions on how to put a twist on them? I dont mind pork rinds but I always feel like a piece of lard is stuck in my throat - ew, sorry, didnt mean to gross anyone out, lol. So I need something to "break it up".
Old 08-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #54  
Changing for the better

Hey Lindy! Sounds like you've been super busy! Omg, I laughed so hard at your chihuahua being stuck in the garbage! I know the feeling of "uh oh, did I leave the dog out all night?" I've done that before!

Your day yesterday sounds like mine, I ate a lot too... and I had to skip breakfast because I was running late for physical therapy!

Hmm, so many pork rind possibilities. You can make them into breading for your tilapia by putting them in the food processor, mix w/a little parm cheese and seasonings. Roll your fish in egg wash or mayo and then the rind crumbs then bake. Or.make cinnamon twists by melting butter and drizzling on the rinds then sprinkle some cinnamon splenda on it. I think there may be a "pork rind stuffing recipe" flyng around the web too.
you could also make a savory flax muffin to go with your tilapia. A little salad probably wouldn't hurt eventhough you've had your max (iceberg is mainly water and very few carbs).

My food:
Lunch: chicken wings and salad w/ranch
Dinner: seared pork chops, green beans, salad w/caesar
Snack: not sure yet
Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #55  

I think I might due the melted butter with cinnamon splenda...that sounds yummy. I might also try your dip with sour cream and onion, after I read back your post, I was like "oooh" - haha.

Ok, so I see you have green beans on your menu. Do you eat fresh green beans or canned green beans? I am so weird but I love both. I mean...fresh is good with some butter and parm. cheese. But canned is just as good. I think I will do a salad as my side too. Ive decided that for lunch tomorrow I am going to make chicken salad...with green olives and some peppers...maybe some jalapeno. Ill be leaving work shortly but Ill check in tomorrow. :-)

Are you doing any exercise? If so...what and how much?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #56  
Changing for the better

I buy canned green beans mostly (unless I find some really fresh ones at the store or in my dad's garden lol). I love cooking my fresh greens beans this way: Cook some bacon until crispy, remove the meat and saute some onion and garlic in the fat till clear then add some cubed ham and brown, then add a little water, your green beans and some cubed fresh sweet potato (guess that part will have to wait until later in the rungs lol) cook until soft. The sweet potato breaks down a little and creates somewhat of a sauce.

Chicken salad sounds yummy... as a side note, I "discovered" some smalls cans of chicken near the tuna a month or two ago and when I don't have time to cook/pull apart a chicken I dump a drained can of chicken onto my salad. I bought some to keep in my locker at nursing school since my hours are funky this semester.

I am in physical therapy for core strengthening (hips, glutes, abs), and for my ankles/feet (I have posterior tibial tendon dysfuntion)... those exercises and stretches take about 1 hour per day. Other than that I swim 1-3 times per week, and ride a stationary bike at the gym maybe 1-2 times/week. Because of my foot condition I am not allowed to walk/run/jog/jump for exercise. I am hoping that soon I will be able to start lifting weights ( as soon as the carpal tunnel improves). Haha reading that makes me sound like a walking medical dictionary of issues!

I guess the short answer would be: 1 hour/day of physical therapy, on days that I don't get an hour of that in I will clean my house, go swimming, or ride a bike. I only started exercising again a couple of weeks ago after a long hiatus due to pain.

What kind of exercise do you like to do? How often do you exercise? Oh, and congrats on your loss so far!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #57  

Tiff - I love your recipe ideas, it really helps, thanks! I might do the green beans this weekend, yum.

Sounds like you get in quite a bit of exercise. I usually do a 30 minute bike ride every morning...its a little over 3 miles, not a stenuous pace but I come home sweating. Im going to change it up starting next week and use my lunch break to go to the gym for 40 minutes. I feel I need to help with my bingo arms, lol.

Anyway, the meals for today:

2 fried eggs in butter, 3 pieces of bacon
An Arnold Palmer zero - I really need to research this because based on the ingredients, it looks like I can have it and I do - once a day, but I wonder if it is stalling my weight loss?
6 deviled eggs (for throughout the day)
I am extra hungry today so I just ate 6 mini slim jim sticks
A chicken burger with feta and black olives minced inside
Half an avocado
Maybe some other meat, but Im not sure yet

I agreed to bring my grandmother to Bingo tonight, lol, which I am dreading because all those ladies eat is cake, cookies and soda. I will have to make sure I am disgustingly full before I walk in to ensure I do not eat out of boredom. :-/
Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #58  
Changing for the better

That sounds like a good day! I hadn't heard of the plamer zeros, I'll check that out. I love kitchen experiments, happy that I can help I think bike riding is wonderful exercise, adding the gym some days is good too. When is your next weigh in?
I lost another 2 pounds! We will see how I do tomorrow tbough because I had a bit of salt today.

My menu today:
B: 1 choc chip flax muffin, 5 slices thin bacon
L: fresh pork cracklins made by some cajun restaurant and a salad
D: 2 chicken legs baked w/olive oil, kale sauteed in olive oil/butter mix w/onion, shallot, and garlic, broccoli w/melted butter and cheese
Snack: may be some pumpkin flax cookies depending on how my kitchen experiment goes to tonight... I drafted a possible recipe earlier today, wish me luck! Lol

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #59  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylindy View Post
An Arnold Palmer zero - I really need to research this because based on the ingredients, it looks like I can have it and I do - once a day, but I wonder if it is stalling my weight loss?
LuckyLindy,
Based on the ingredients, I'd be leery of the Arnold Palmer Zero since it contains pears, juice from concentrate
If you're stalling, this could be the culprit.
All the best to you!!

Tea Black, Water Filtered, Lemon(s) Juice from Concentrate, Pear(s) Juice From Concentrate, Citric Acid, Flavor(s) Natural, Vitamin C, Malic Acid, Sucralose (Splenda ® Brand) , Acacia Gum

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 08-17-2012 at 05:27 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #60  

Thanks Jersey...I creed in other forums and always see how helpful you are, I wanted to send you a message but didnt want to freak ya out. :-) I appreciate you posting so much, it helps. I am very frustrated with the Atkins diet right now, not losing, I hope it changes next week. :-(