Old 06-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #121  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Does anyone have a menu they'd like to share? Like what's a normal day for you?

Today I had egg and sausage for breakfast, then salad w/a little cheese and for snack I had some smoked salmon and cream cheese. I know I need to lay off the cheese because I'll go overboard.

Anything special you all snack on??
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Ugg hate it when I lose a long post, sorry for the condensed version....

for those that lost- way to go! For those who didn't- keep working! yadda yadda yadda-lol

Actually was slightly down today, but only to my previous low so it doesn't really count as a loss. I did measure last night and I have lost a total of 1/2 inch in each arm, happy about that. Even when I am at my goal weight my arms still bother me so I am focusing more on them this time around. I am doing some light weights and really trying to lose the grandma like jiggly wave-lol.

Tomorrow is the meeting I was dreading, even though I am not where I wanted to be, I have made some progress so I feel okay about it. Haha I bought a dress that makes me look skinny at least to wear so I am just gonna wear it and fake it! Eating is great today, but tomorrow will be the challenge. They always bring in the food and it is awesome...including desserts. I plan on eating what I want but just in moderation and using it as a high calorie day to shake things up...not sure if it works but I am going to test the theory tomorrow! haha

Have a great night all...may check in later and try to redo my original post with the sincere personals: )
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #123  
This is the Last Time!

Exactly Serenity! LOL

I know I have to limit the cheese to 4 oz which is why I said I need to cut back. I always over do it b/c I want to add that to foods, or have as a snack. I didn't know that about the meat, but really, I don't think I'll be eating more than 6 oz at once (you never know though)..

What do you suggest for snacks and a good lunch or dinner? I'm having salmon tonight with some butter and dill, and asparagus on the side. I know, I probably need to cut back on the salmon too! Ha! I don't think the book says that, but I think it's probably not good to have too many portions in a week.

Thanks for the NYC tips (or offer of tips). We go quite a lot and love it, but I would really love to get tips from a local on where to go and not to go. We'll be there for a full week this time. I think this will be my longest visit. We're staying at the NY Hilton and will be going all over I'm sure. We have family in Roslyn Heights and will be there for a cookout the first weekend, then we know we'll do China Town/Little Italy twice, maybe the Statue of Liberty and have to see Ground Zero since the fountains are open now. Of course Central Park, and I want to do a bike trip along the Hudson (I read something in a magazine). I want to get some more exercise while we're up there (even though we'll be walk, walk, walking everywhere). LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Welcome Rocki! You have joined a great group. If you need any tips on your upcoming NYC trip pm me. I am a NYC born and bred girl.

Dr. A said no need to count calories, but if you read the book closely, certain foods are limited. Cheese is limited to 4 ozs a day, and meat is limited to not more than a 6 oz portion per meal for women. I think butter and cream is limited also. So what else is left to eat? lol
Old 06-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Rocki, I don't really need to snack muchwhen I'm eating low carb, I stop being hungry between meals. But I sometimes have a couple of almonds, or one of those mini portions of cream cheese (Philly here do them in little snack packs).

The salmon sounds yummo! I can never remember what the warnings are on that (it's because of mercury, right?)

Quote:
Ugg hate it when I lose a long post, sorry for the condensed version....

for those that lost- way to go! For those who didn't- keep working! yadda yadda yadda-lol
lol peach! Sorry you lost it, so annoying. But your condensed version made me laugh out loud.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

My typical menu for a day is

Atkins shake or MIM for breakfast (I have an egg allergy and limited time so I opt for quick egg free, at breakfast)
I have a big salad with lots of fixens for lunch
and at dinner I have one or two servings of a protein and a small serving of a carb friendly veg.
I dont snack during the day with what I eat and all the water I drink I tend to always feel very full. I do sometimes have a SF jello with a bit of whip cream at night if I am really wanting something sweet.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #126  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I usually have a MIM or omelet for breakfast. And coffee with half and half.

For lunch I usually have a large salad with Boars Head low salt turkey or low salt ham. Since I work outside the home, this is easiest to do.

For dinner I have meat and veggies and a salad.

For dessert I have low carb yogurt and some berries.

Usually I have a snack when I get home to hold me over for dinner, usually celery with cream cheese.

I keep some Atkins shakes on hand when I don't have time to make a salad for lunch or if I need a really good snack.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #127  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi all.. long time no type!

I have so much junk going on right now... everywhere I turn, it seems life wants to challenge me and I'm sooo over it! BUT I have been doing pretty good with my diet (with all the stress AND being almost 2 weeks into induction I'm not hungy... I have to make myself eat to keep my metabolism going... lord knows I don't want to cause any more problems that way.. I am hypothyroid as it is)... Anyhoo.. down another 1.5 lbs... I'll weigh in Wed, which will mark my 2 weeks. I am determined to stick with this, in some form, forever.

Great losses everyone!! Glad to see you're all doing so well.

As for the salmon, I don't think that's limited so much.. it's Tuna (particularly albacore), shark, swordfish, and a few others that you should limit your intake of due to mercury. So enjoy your salmon!!
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #128  

Yesterday I had total calories of 1250, I did 1 hour and 22 minutes of step aerobics at a moderate intensity and I did about 10 minutes of light weight lifting and today I am up 2lbs. I am seriously beyond frustrated!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

Last night I made pesto sauce and put it over shrimp, zucchini and cabbage and it was so freakin' good. For lunch I usually make lettuce wrap sandwiches or get a salad with chicken. I don't really snack unless I grab some cheese from my son's plate.
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
Yesterday I had total calories of 1250, I did 1 hour and 22 minutes of step aerobics at a moderate intensity and I did about 10 minutes of light weight lifting and today I am up 2lbs. I am seriously beyond frustrated!
Hey gapeach I understand your frustrations but you could be gaining muscle and remember muscle is heavier than fat.. plus it could be water as well.. just try to keep in the back of your mind that there is no way you have gained weight or let's say fat. You haven't eaten over 3500 and you've worked out. I know it is easier said than done especially when you are working so hard.. being a scale addict I understand but look at the inches you lost as well.. hang in there

Last edited by globetrotter74; 06-12-2012 at 02:43 PM.
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #131  
This is the Last Time!

What do you all do when you're not feeling well? I had half of a one minute muffin, a string cheese, and a bit of homemade applesauce. I know the applesauce isn't induction friendly, but I was feeling really sick and thought it might help settle my stomach. I'm not sure if it's the head cold that's got me all funky, or if it's TOM which just started today. I've had a headache for a full day now and I can't get it to go away. I just don't feel like eating anything.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Rocki sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. With TOM I definitely can understand and I know people tend to get what they call the atkins flu.. I remember when I first started atkins I had a headache as well but after 2 days it went away.. the apple sauce definitely isn't induction friendly but if you aren't feeling well you have to take care of yourself first get better
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #133  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm back, I was bad. Husband brought his truck in for inspection on Saturday, they found something wrong and we were stranded waiting for it to get fixed. Was not on plan. Then I just kind of gave up for the rest of the weekend since we were at my in laws the whole time.

I gained almost 6 lbs in water weight! Today is day 2 of being back on plan and 2.5 lbs down already so I should be back on track properlly by the end of the week.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #134  

Maybe figured out my problem... I started thinking why am I having such a difficult time when in the past I was able to drop lbs very quickly...the only thing that is different other than that I have aged 5 yrs since the last time I had to lose weight is that I have had my gallbladder out. Started doing some research and it seems pretty common, I had gained about 15 lbs since the surgery slowly and now it doesn't want to come back off. I am going to schedule an appointment with a Dr. because it is the only thing that makes an sense to me...and now seeing how the gallbladder has to do with processing fats it makes sense that maybe the Atkins way wasn't the right way this time. Hopefully I will get some answers!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

I've been sooo good at <20 carbs a day for almost 3 months now, but today it's been so hard to keep my hand off my kid's fruit. All I want is sugar. What gives? I'm at cycle day 32 right now, so I should start my period any day now - could that be it?
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote