Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Everyoneis doing great.. serenity you are adorable -- for some reason I pictured you as a brunette in my mind lol. And happy birthday late.. When was it?

I have been playing with the same lbs since the last challenge ended - not doing anything different not off plan just my body playing games - I had the good losses last month now it is stuck - hopefully it kicks in soon and starts going down again.

Hubs back is a little better still bothering him at night so he ends up getting up in the middle of the night and coming in and watching tv and dozing in the chair ... So far we have been missing each other - I don't sleep well so I go to bed around 2 am and he is getting up around 2:30 to 3:00. Lol.
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Rocki- WTG great loss!

LOL@ scale addicts I am part of that club too!

I dont have anything to post about weight because sunday is my day to weigh hoping its at least a couple!

We have family pictures tomorrow and I am really hoping after this I can take a skinny one and this will be the last fat one!

I have went 34.5 miles of my "non driving" trip to FL in the last 10 days! It is a 1289 mile trip that takes 20 hrs in a car and I have 1254.5 left. I hope to finish by the end of this year.

Its fun having a goal. I am counting miles on all things treadmill, bike, ARC, Elliptical. Anything but driving. I do the treadmill the most and the rest only once a week Id probably be farther if I biked more lol.

Oh well hope you all are well! Have a great weekend and fathers day!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

Brooklyn- that is so cute, love the idea of the "trip" I'm going to think up a place to visit too!
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:45 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Brooklyn yes join the scale addicts club.. I like the idea of the mile trip..

Steph congrats on the new low andnot officially being overweight you are doing good.. I can say that I'm doing the GI Diet basically and I have been maintaining but I did read that when you switch from one diet to another you may gain a few pounds back and then once your body catches up with the change then you'll start back to lose.. I'm patient I got this far what is another few weeks before I reach my goal and I will..

Serenity happy b-lated birthday it sounds as if you had fun and that you are very committed to atkins for a life style change. I couldn't do the atkins for a lifestyle change but I still do watch my carbs but Imainly follow the GI Diet and watch my calories as well.. I do like the atkins bar it is a good snack to have just don't like the gas it gives me.. sorry if TMI

Rho so you and hubby passing each other in the night.. the weight will start to shift eventually.. during all this process I've learned that I didn't put weight on in 4 months so I should expect to lose it all in 4 months..

congrats to all those losers I missed and keep up the good work everyone
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #155  
I'm a loser, yay!

S/C/G: 220/220/140

I have been sick the past week and had a fever so was not into cooking, ran out of stuff and got a lil bummed and ate carbs. I gained back like 4 lbs. Good grief. It is amazing though to see how all this time it has been the carbs that were holding me back. I would hardly eat and not lose weight and when I cut the carbs it just all started coming off. I gotta get myself back on the horse and back into ketosis now. It's a struggle esp when I have my husband who is a carb loader shoving fries in his face like there's no tomorrow. sigh.
everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #156  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I managed to squeeze off another lb. I'll take it.

Rho, you crack me up, thinking I posted like a brunette. hahaha Probably confusing my "kindergarten teacher" way of lecturing with a brunette? lol

Globe, not to be nosey, (okay I am, lol) but are you moving back to the states? I only ask because your profile says you are moving back in June. As I mentioned in a previous post I'm doing sorta Atkins, keeping my carbs very low, but not very very low as Atkins prescribes. If I find I stop losing then I will have to reassess. I haven't eaten one piece of bread since the day I started Feb. 28th. I am going to San Fransisco in July, so I figure I will eat a piece of sour dough bread because I have always heard about how delicious it is.

Brooklynn, love your travel exercise idea! I really have to force myself to walk. Today I have no excuses but I use the too hot/rainy excuse regularly.

Everdeen, don't beat yourself up. If you go back to induction, those four pounds will come off right away. It is all water weight that you regain from eating the carbs. Carbs make you retain water like crazy and your body lost all that extra water when you gave them up.

Great job everyone! xxoo
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Serenity congrats on the extra pound and no you aren't being nosey after 6 years in Italy and 1 in Turkey and 2 in Mexico I'm finally going back on on Tuesday

It sounds like you are doing what I'm doing but I follow the GI Diet more or less and calorie count as well. I need to work out today myself... with al the moving preparations haven't don't much but I had a bad stomach virus..

Last edited by globetrotter74; 06-16-2012 at 10:59 AM.
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #158  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I agree with Serenity, Everdeen! I gained 6 lbs over a weekend of not being on plan and lost it within 4 days. It is most likely water weight

Drive by post as I am exhausted and it is a busy day, 173.2, a new low

Tired because we're working on getting Sloane to sleep in her crib. Wasn't so bad but she woke up every few hours and is now able to roll onto her tummy. She hates being on her stomach so she let us know! In her bassinet she didn't have the room to do this so never did. She is capable of rolling both ways but decides once she is on her tummy, 50% of the time she will whine instead of rolling back.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #159  

Hi guys, still plugging along here. No progress but I am staying on plan.

Globe- glad you mentioned that about switching diets, makes sense and to be honest I have gained back 2 of the lost pounds. Even though my carbs per day are still below what would be considered a healthy split it is much higher than an atkins plan.

Brooklyn- you are welcome to the scales addict club...we meet everyday, sometimes 2-3 times a day! HA Seriously though, I am still weighing daily just until I feel like I get my body back into sync with my digestive issues ( or whatever the heck is going on) then I am going to try to step away for at least a few days!

Steph- congrats on the new low!

Serenity- your tracker says you are half way there, congrats!!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

So I am so confused. I am guessing my floors are uneven because I get on my scale this morning and it says 192 but my digi says 201. both of which are 3-4 lbs loses from where they were the begging of this week. But hubby moves my scale to the bath room and because I have had an upset stomach and havent eating and only went to the bathroom I weighed again just to see. Now it says 197 and the digi still 201. I dont know what to think. Could my floor just be uneven and thats why it was weighing lighter? I guess I am going to just go with the heavier weights I mean either way I am still losing and this would explain why my clothes are still not fitting much better. So if I go with the digi I am down 4 lbs this week and 8lbs since I started keeping track 13 in total if I go with what I have lost since I started LCing. Oh and then I have yet another analog scale that is weighing lighter than both at 190 LOL wth?
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

Brooklynn, I find that when I'm on an empty stomach I retain a little water. But the floors being uneven is just as plausible. Try moving your bathroom scale to where you normally keep your scale, and see if there's a difference. Scales/weight can be so fickle, I'm just glad that you see the big picture: You've lose weight.

Update: I binged very badly a while ago on low to no-carb foods, and didn't gain a pound. In fact, 2 days later my scale finally registered a loss. My body finally released that water weight it's been afraid to let go of. But I still felt that I needed to balance the excess calories I consumed, so I fasted for 22 hours and surprisingly felt great. It's given me a greater sense of how to control my mindless eating habits, and reminded me of what TRUE hunger feels like. I've decided to consume my BMR each day and fast on Sundays, to sort of cleanse my body for the new week. I'm still following the basic structure of Atkins, and decided daily intermittent fasting may be too much on my body. Hopefully this is something that will work for me, but I won't push my body any further than it wants to go.

I'm glad to read that everything is doing well. Everdeen, I agree with what the others have said, it's more than likely water weight.

Last edited by Ramra; 06-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 244.8/227/150

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! I'm still here. Still losing and regaining the same few pounds I gained while my mom was in the hospital. Soo frustrating! !!

I have discovered a new favorite extremely low Carb dinner main dish. I pan sear a chicken boob (my chicken HAS to be extremely done. The dryer the better! Just me, though haha) then top with some Swiss cheese, ham, and more Swiss cheese and put it under the broiler til the cheese is melted. Dip in about 1Tblsp of mayo mixed with 1/4 tsp of mustard. It is soooo good!
sizzlingina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #163  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Way to go everyone!

So I wanted to share a recipe I made today that I found on pinterest. It's great for the pizza cravings! You may have heard this before.

So the crust is 8oz of cream cheese mixed with 2 eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper (and I added some fresh garlic and oregano), and 1/4 cup of parm cheese. Bake it at 350 on a buttered pan until golden brown (18-20 mins). Take it out for 10 mins, add some tomato sauce, mozz cheese, and toppings (I put black olives) and bake another 8 or so mins til the cheese is bubbling.

It smelled WONDERFUL and tasted like pizza! I couldn't pick it up and eat it like a regular pizza... i ate it with a fork... but it was soooo goood!!!

Hope everyone has a good week. I still have an insane amount of stress, and that my stall me up some... but I'm going to keep on trucking. Hope you're all well!
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #164  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

SDN, thanks for the pizza recipe. I will definitely try it!

Ramra, good for you for taking control. I hope your gallbladder issues are all taken care of.

Great to see you Gina! You didn't give up, that is the most important thing.

Brooklynn, I would choose one of the scales and stick with it. Same time, same place, same clothes. . .

ttfn xxoo
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #165  

Hi all,

So I am making an appointment tomorrow with a nutritionist that specializes in metabolic issues. Hopefully that will give me some answers. Still plugging along on plan here though. Doing lots of thinking and I decided I am going to switch my exercise concentration to strength over cardio because its something I can control. (I'll still do cardio as well) I am going to focus more on body fat than actual weight so I can a least see my progress that way.

As far as this challenge goes as of today I am exactly one pound down, even though it isn't what I hoped for by this point or would have expected at this point it is however some progress so I am going to be positive about that

BTW, if anyone is interested or hasn't already heard of it I have been logging my food and exercise on a site call my fitness pal. It is a great site that has a ton of resources, you track your weight and everything you eat there and it puts it all in reports for you showing you how much of everything you are getting, fats, carbs, calories, sodium...etc. They also have message boards and you friend people....kind of like a facebook for dieters-lol. If anyone is interested my user name there is mawray2.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!