Old 06-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Ok, starting again for me! I had my glucose tolerance test yesterday, man,that drink is super sweet. But now I can go back on low carb, woot!

Totally agree about not having even a tiny cheat. I've been derailed a month because of one night in April that I took as a license to eat whatever I wanted afterwards just because the cravings said so. Even when I went back to lower carb, I wasn't losing weight, I have to go back to induction carbs to kick start again. It's not worth it!

You did great SDN. Lol at "(Ramra+alcohol=MASS FOOD CONSUMPTION)" because that is me :-) Luckily I don't drink much these days (between work and study, I have no time for a life. After all, it's 6am now and I have a study meeting with another early rising friend for our exam in 10 days)
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

congrats Steph on the new low.. I agree cheating can throw you back a few days or like you said weeks but at least now you have control over it..

Serenity have fun at the wedding and you probably won't be phased by the food. I'm like that now.. living in the land of carbs and cakes and where food is the main social gathering it doesn't bother me at all..

Ana I agree having to go back in induction to kick start things doesn't sound fun at all.. but at least you have more will power now...

gapeach when I'm at my goal I'm going to switch ot the GI diet and maybe maybe lose an additional 5 more pounds but I like the way my body is looking now and my clothes are hanging off me now so I'm not sure. it's amazing how your body changes shape etc.. I have a normal BMI level and feel good and don't want to get too skinny I like my curves but I would never be tall and model thin anyway and most of those women starve themselves to look like a charms lollipop - stick body and big head.. not attractive at all.. I love the women back during rita haywood times curvy and real women and more natural looking..

everyone seems so motivated let keep on going

Last edited by globetrotter74; 06-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #48  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

globe, I bet you see a huge difference now! Last time I did this (before I got pregnant) I was 194 and it wasn't until I got into the 160's that people started noticing. Then after that every 10 lbs down people were commenting constantly, by the time I was 146 lbs people were always saying 'Holy Crap! How did you do it?!'. The smaller you get the more that pound lost shows, and since you were already fairly small it must be a huge difference!

I'm at the point in my weight loss where my husband is starting to notice, but mostly I'm just less lumpy and clothes that fit before are now just fitting better and looking a lot nicer on me. After this part is the fun part where I start dropping sizes!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

Stephanie, I know exactly what you mean. People are suddenly like, "Whoa, you've lost weight!" And I'm like, "Yup. About 40lbs." And to them, it's like I lost it all in a week because they've just noticed, so they're very impressed.

My son's first birthday party is tomorrow, and I had to buy something purple to wear to it, and ended up with a size medium dress from target. Maybe silly, but it made me feel good. I made some cupcakes for the party and really had no idea how to make frosting for them without tasting it, so I put some in my mouth and spit it out like 3 times during the process - I can't have actually consumed that much sugar though, right?

I had lost 2.5 lbs this week when I weighed myself on Friday, so that's pretty great.
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Well I am ready to join I think my goal will be 10lbs by then I think that is a realistic goal but I am hoping that I can do more by then. Anyway good luck to you all!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #51  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Another low! 173.6 today Which means I'm going to have a slow down soon, haha.

Still, I feel awesome, I feel so much better in my own skin!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday everyone!

Steph, woohoo on the scales continuing to go down!

Welcome Brook!

Great week Ultra!

Ana, good to hear your test is over...though I have to say drinking a sugary drink might have been nice-lol

Globe, you sound like me, I sure wish the days of curvy women would come back in! I can be underweight and still have hips! Haha

So I think I may have figured out the scales, I seem to have a drop, then followed by about 4 days of up and down, then another drop...repeat. I should be due for a drop soon-lol. The last week....147.2, 145.0, 145.6, 145.0, 145.4....So I am ready for the drop again! I plan on measuring tonight and then official weigh in on Wednesday which will be 3 weeks since starting, so far I am still at 6lbs total, would love to see a drop by then!
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #53  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

So I have always been one not to weigh myself everyday because it can make people very neurotic and it can discourage (though for some motivate) if there is a gain.. and so usually I weigh myself once a week. But.. I've been weighing everyday since I started Wed. because I keep losing.... and I'm down even more EVERYDAY! I love it. I know it won't last forever, but it's great motivation and I have told myself that when I hit a time in which I gain (which I know is probably just water shift)... then I will go back to once a week... that being said.. I'm down 7.5!!

I'm super stressed and packing because I have a bunch of stuff going on with me right now... but somehow I have been completely DILIGENT this time around and committed to focus on myself and my health.

Way to go Stephanie!! ENjoy your moments when they come!!

Ultra I totally know what you mean!! The more you have to lose, the more it takes to be noticable... I look forward to those moments

Ana - good luck on your exam! What're you going to school to do?

Hope you all have a nice Sunday evening... back to work tomorrow for me..booo
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

So I measured, last week it was the same but this week I had losses....so for 2 weeks in I am down nothing on calves, -1 1/4 right thigh, 3/4 right thigh, 1 1/4 hips, nothing stomach, 3/4 waist, and 1/4 in one arm (nothing in the other).

Official weigh in will be Wednesday, fingers crossed!

Slimmer great losses!!!
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #55  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi 4th of July'ers!

I stayed the same weight basically on the Mem Day Challenge, so gonna do Induction this entire challenge. Liking the idea of a "kick-start." At this weight, 20lbs on Induction shouldn't be a big deal in 4 weeks 3 days. Water water water is my other goal. Exercise is now a habit, so will just keep going with the weights and bike rides . . . plus even at the same weight I DID lose inches Easter thru Memorial Day>>>>2 and 1/2 in the breast/back area and a solid 1" off my waist. (In other weight lifting news, I gained a 1/2" on my upper arm . . . my hips determinedly stayed the same!)

Soooo besides the 20# and H20, I'm also determined to come here daily. It's so motivating to see old friends and meet nu low-carbers. The tips, support, good wishes and even (especially?) the struggles make this journey all the more worth having!

(I hope things have gotten better for sizzle and her Mom--septic is so worrisome. This happened to my oldest brother in his mid-fifties, they never did find out how/why it happened, but did start with a pneumonia bout. Prayers going out to you and yours tonight.)
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #56  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Oooops ETA: 1/2" off upper leg.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #57  

Hey aud! Great to see you. Yay you with the inches lost!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

Welcome Brooklynn! I couldn't help but notice we've got A LOT of mommas on this thread.

I couldn't resist weighing myself this morning, and it read 149. But I had a few shots last night, so I know it's just water weight that's going to creep back on. We didn't have any sugar-free pop for chase, so I drank milk instead and my carb intake went up to 45. Disappointing.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #59  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Default july challenge

count me in,,, i didnt do very good on the memorial day challenge, kick me!!! So im starting over ,, just behaving and watching my carbs. Been doing yard work for exercise, with two new knees. My summer goal is to ride my bike again@@.
Just a quick question... do any of you have trouble with excessive sweating?? could it be pills i take or low sugar. Its very bothersome, cant do anything with out dripping sweat in my eyes etc. Any help would be appreciated.
good luck everyone and lets hear more of your special tips for losing...
love this group ..its a life saver when your far from support.
thank you for this community !!!:
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #60  

TOM for me, so I won't weigh until next week. I've been trying intermittent fasting because breakfast messes me up, I've decided I'm not at all keen on eggs and while I sometimes make myself burger patties and salad or something like that, I don't enjoy them if I do that all the time. I keep reading about IF over on Mark's Daily Apple and the benefits sound great. I'm doing approx a 16/8 thing where I eat with a 8 hour window (basically lunch and dinner) and not after that. It worked great yesterday, we'll see how it goes. Of course, it's not Atkins approved but IF fits really well into low carb according to everything else I've read.

SDN, I work full time but I'm studying early childhood education. Maybe one day in a hundred years when I've finished I'll be a preschool teacher

carvinmom, I go extremely bright red when I exercise and I do sweat a lot. When I've had a trainer, they've said it was perfectly normal. One thing that has gone away eating low carb is waking up with night sweats. When I binge ate carbs I'd often wake in the middle of the night sweating like I had a terrible fever or had run a marathon, it was horrible.