Old 01-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #16  
EAGLES WINGS

S/C/G: 215/215/160

Height: 5'2

Amber this is day one for me. Are there any pointers that you can give that aided you in the tremendous success? Did you load up on water? exercise? I MUST get out of the 2's.
somethingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

hi somethingnew I am on week 2 so not very far out from the start of Atkins..... I can share a few things I learned... you're going to feel crummy for a few days but it DOES lift after 4-5 days. THe worst cravings I had were on the 2nd day, and I have seen others talk about this too. Try to stay strong though it knowing it's better on the other side! Drink lots and lots of water (70oz min), Atkins has a strong diuretic effect and it is important to remain hydrated.

The most important thing I found - the thing that enabled me to be successful - is planning ahead. Do a good grocery shop for Induction-friendly foods. Cook a few things to have on hand so you can literally grab food when you get hungry, lest you cave to cravings. If the food is easy, you will eat it. Plan out several meals to fix for dinner and ensure you have the ingredients. This is what helped me the most... I never felt the diet was difficult because I always had food options! Good luck!!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Somethingnew, congrats on starting a new life for yourself! Also, I love the baby pic in your profile, such a cutie!

The first week was not as bad as I thought, and the cravings do go away so don't panic. I found the key for me was preparation. I had to think out my meals, often the day before in order to stay on track. Water is crucial! Drink up and drink often. Plan your meals around the veggies, don't look at proteins and cheeses as the answer. Make the veggies the main course and the proteins a side dish, you will be glad you did. I have been working out 3-4 a week, which I do think helped. Also, I set mini goals for myself, which makes the larger goal more attainable.

Good luck to you my friend and I am with you all the way!

Amber

My last bits of advise is stay focused, remember why you are doing this....its for you.
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #19  
IP start June 11, 2014

Quote:
Plan your meals around the veggies, don't look at proteins and cheeses as the answer. Make the veggies the main course and the proteins a side dish, you will be glad you did.
What a great piece of advice!!
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Good luck Kelli, let me know how it goes!
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote