Old 09-30-2005, 02:55 PM   #1  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs up For Better And Worse...My Log

Hi Gals,
In this thread I will update my progress and all the goodies on a daily basis. I will be honest and brutal with everything I type on here, and I welcome any comments or suggestions. I know that this is the kind of thing most would put in a journal, but I think it will help me to be more accountable if I keep it on here. Today is September 30th, so I figure I will come onto this thread tomorrow and update with what I had today. Just to warn you, today is kind of an off day for me (the first one I've had since before I started my diet on July first). I'm going to be out at a christian singles club tonight (I know, I know, sounds exciting eh?) for a night of debauchery with my bestest friend. So, since I never get out to spend time with people my own age, I figured why bother trying to be a diet princess? Anyways, just to get started...below is my food diary from the past few days...open to your scrutiny As you will see, I've been quite naughty lately!

9/27/05

Morning Weigh-In: 177.8

11:25 a.m. - 1 harvest bar *180 calories

12:20 p.m. - 6 bites of spaghetti-o's and 1 bite of cereal *75 calories

5:30 p.m. - McDonald's: 1 cheeseburger, 3 chicken nuggets, 1 small order of fries, and 1 packet of hot mustard *689 calories

Total Calories Today : 944

Cardio Accomplished : None

Any Weight Training : No

80 oz Water Today : Yes

Caloric Deficit Today: -1,094

Hunger Level Today : Not very interested in food!

Moment of Triumph : I was hungry when the spaghtti-o's were in front of me...and I only had 6 bites, though I could have eaten the whole can!

9-28-05

Morning Weigh-In: 176.8

10:30 a.m. - 3/4 cup of Flax Plus cereal, and 1 cup skim milk *180 calories

1:00 p.m. - McDonald's: 4 piece chicken nugget, 3/4 of a small french fry, and 1/2 a package of hot mustard *400 calories

5:20 p.m. - 1 Lean Pocket *300 calories

10:00 p.m. - Max & Erma's: 1/2 of a fried chicken salad with honey dijon dressing *600 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,480

Caloric Deficit Today: -553

Hunger Level Today : Hungry as Heck!

Moment of Triumph : At Max & Erma's I really wanted the tortilla soup, but ordered the salad instead. Then my son lost interest in his chocolate cake after eating only two bites and said "you can have it mommy". I boxed it up and took it home for him without taking so much as a single bite.

9/29/05

Morning Weigh-In: 177.0

10:30 a.m. - 2 slices rye bread, 1 tbsp brummel and brown, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup low sugar lucky charms cereal *340 calories

2:30 p.m. - 1 bag light dorito's and 1 medium banana *180 calories

5:00 p.m. - 2 eggs, 1 1/2 tbsp margarine, 1 slice rye bread, 1 cup low sugar lucky charms, and 1 cup skim milk *490 calories

Total Calories Eaten : 1,010

Caloric Deficit Today: -1,025

Hunger Level Today : Hungry, but able to manage.

Moment of Triumph : Not eating after my 5 p.m. meal, as hungry as I was. I had already over 1,000 calories and felt that my body didn't need any more for the day, so I fought the urge.

See, told you I've been bad! From now on I'll check in daily. See y'all later!

Amanda

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-01-2005 at 03:26 PM.
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

The one thing that really jumps out at me is that you don't seem to be eating many vegetables (or maybe these days were just off-days, I don't know), and not too much fruit either. Veggies are a great low-cal snack! (If you like veggies, that is -- if not, maybe you should consider taking a multivitamin.)

As for the night of debauchery, there's nothing wrong with taking a night off every so often!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #3  
slow and steady

Oh, one more thing, there is a "post your food diary" thread over on the support forum, it is really interesting to see what everyone eats!
Old 10-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #4  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs down

OOOOh, Paperclippy...I just noticed that you reached a 50 lb loss, congrats you skinny chick you! So yep, you noticed my one great diet pitfall...I HATE vegetables. I'm trying to get around that, trying to eat them more. The only good thing is that I am taking really good whole-food vitamins. You were also right about these last few days being kinda off-plan though. Since I began dieting (I hate that term, but for lack of a better word...) on July first I have really been good about steering clear of fast food. I have had it maybe 5 times in the past 3 months, and never before twice in the same week. So yep, you'll see my log change for the better over the next few days...more eating at home, and hopefully no more deep fried garbage! You know I only go to McDonald's for Jobe, because he loves to play in the play-place...I honestly hate the food there (did you ever see the movie Super-Size Me?) and have to be pretty darn desperate in order to eat it.

Ughhh...so last night. Okay, I have to preface this with the statement that "I don't get out much". Oh yeah, and also, I haven't had alcohol since June. That said, I got completely sloshed last night and kissed on a really cute guy I was playing darts with. I know, I'm bad...It's not something I would have done had I been sober. I mean, I believe that a girl ought to be courted properly (which I tried to explain to him while slurring and drinking a rum & coke). I guess it was just nice to be looked at as pretty again, by a member of the opposite sex.

Now for the funny part...I was wearing those tummy slimming underwear...heehee, I felt so goofy as I had never worn anything like that before in my life. They were the kind that have legs, kinda, and go up over your bellybutton, and 3/4 of the way down your thighs. I felt like I was wearing really uncomfortable spandex underneath my dress pants. But the good news is that my stomach is really starting to disappear...it had me worried there for a second.

Okay, now that that's out of the way...on to yesterday's food fest. I know I should maybe be posting this in the food log forum, but I've grown so comfortable in the 20's room that I couldn't imagine posting anywhere else, except on occasion.

9/30/05

Morning Weigh-In: 176.6

8:30 a.m. - Burger King: 1/2 a Bacon egg and cheese crossanwhich, and 1/2 a small order of hash browns *285 calories

1:00 p.m. - 1/2 of a corned beef sandwhich, and 1 oz. light dorito's *500 calories

7:00 p.m. - Olive Garden: 1 small salad with 2 tbsp full-fat dressing, 1 breadstick with 1 tbsp butter, and 5 bites of fettucini alfredo *700 calories

11:00 p.m. - Bar: (4) 20 oz. miller light's, 1 Jack and coke, and 1/2 a red-headed slut (shot) *880 calories

2:30 a.m. - Ram's Horn: Cheddar cheese and bacon ommellette, and 1/2 an order of hash browns *700 calories

Total Calories Today : 3,065

80 oz Water Today : No

Caloric Deficit Today: +1,033

Hunger Level Today : Spurts of hunger, but mostly social eating

Moment of Triumph : Watching my friend eat a plate of chicken fettucini alfredo (my favorite meal) from Olive Garden (my favorite restraunt) while I had only a small salad, breadstick, and 5 small bites off of her plate.

So, yes, as I forewarned you...it was an off-plan day! The first real off-plan day I've had since I began...so I guess I had it coming, at least I'm not hung-over

Until Tomorrow,
Amanda

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-01-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #5  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

You seem to be going out to eat junk food pretty often recently [i read your reply post too]. I think you should stay clear of that stuff and all those hidden calories. Spend an extra few dollars and go purchase some food at the super market to make, so you know what is really in it.

I also noticed you are going hungry and you set a limit on your calorie intake, yet the food you eat isn't all that healthy for you. Think of it this way, if you eat healthier things you will FEEL better AND could eat MORE.

I would insist cardio. Even if it is walking everyday for 30-60 minutes. You would be surprised how much you can loose.

In that being said... good luck, and if you need anything messege me.
STAY healthy!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #6  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

"Olive Garden: 1 small salad with 2 tbsp full-fat dressing, 1 breadstick with 1 tbsp butter, and 5 bites of fettucini alfredo *700 calories"

It makes me sad that that little bit of food is 700 calories!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

But think how much you CAN get for 700 calories if you eat whole, natural foods. It probably would be much more filling anyway. Then again I hate anything that is creamy so alfredo sauce and dressings are out for me.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #8  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs down Last Day off Plan!

Trnsfrmnreplace - Yes, you're right...I have been quite the junk-food junkie lately! You'll see this trend dissipate soon enough, it really is quite rare to me. I considered going back even further in my eating, like perhaps to August, so that everyone could see the pattern in my eating. I decided against it for the sake of time (both the reader's and mine), and because over time the pattern will emerge on its own anyway. That said, my real longstanding food problem has more to do with not eating enough fruits and vegetables. For that, I deserve heavy reprise. As far as exercise goes...it has begun. With the end of the diet pills now out of my system I am starting to feel capable of exercising once again. Thanks for the comments, and please keep 'em comin'!

yesitsmeagain- Yep, it certainly is depressing, eh? I felt like I was really doing good there...and yet...mega calories! Ah well, I suppose I could've done worse! Glad to see a fellow Olive Garden lover on here!

Lizzie - I know, and guess what...Olive Garden again, thanks to my dad. Unfortunately though, this time I was too hungry to say no...and too hungry to be halfway good (like I was on Friday). Whole foods good, Olive Garden bad! It's okay though, you'll see a big change starting tomorrow when I post today's food. Hugs!

10/01/05

Morning Weigh-In: 177.0

10:00 a.m. - 1 egg, 1 slice rye toast, and 1 tbsp margarine *220 calories

1:00 p.m. - 1 egg, 1/2 slice rye toast, 1 tbsp margarine, and 6 large red grapes *190 calories

5:30 p.m. - Olive Garden: 1 salad with 2 tbsp full-fat dressing, 1/4 of an order of Chicken Fettucini Alfredo, 2 breadsticks, and 2 pats of butter *1,500 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,890

Cardio Accomplished : 30 minutes interval training

Caloric Deficit Today: -145

Hunger Level Today : I could've eaten a cow while it was still grazing , or even my own foot

Moment of Triumph : My dad was absolutely set on having Olive Garden last night. I was starving, but still only ate 1/4 of my entree (about 15 bites).

Okay, so it wasn't my best day...but today is a new day! Man, it's tempting to post my food log from the past few months so y'all can see how far I have been deviating from the norm lately. Anyways, 'till we type again...

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-02-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:39 PM   #9  
slow and steady

Amanda, I'm glad to hear you're taking a multivitamin to make up for not eating your fruits and veggies! Maybe you could try a veggie challenge -- like cook one new vegetable each week or something? Or try eating things with veggies mixed in, like pasta sauce with bell peppers in it, or casseroles, or something. I have trouble getting in enough veggies even though I like them, so I know how hard it is!

One other suggestion I have -- I noticed that your hunger level was really high 10/1 and you also did some cardio that day. Did you eat immediately after exercising? I find that if I eat right after exercising (something with carbs & protein, I usually have yogurt) I am okay for the rest of the day, but if I don't eat within about 30 minutes of exercising, I am ravenous all day long!

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #10  
All That's Left of Me

Default Hey, At Least I Exercised :)

Paperclippy - Good idea about the veggies, I know I have a serious problem. And no, I didn't eat for quite some time after exercising...now that you mention it, I think you're right, I need to start eating soon after I exercise! Anyways...here it is........

10/02/05

Morning Weigh-In: 177.2

11:25 a.m. - 2 eggs, 1 slice rye toast, and 1 1/2 tbsp margarine *315 calories

2:45 p.m. - Olive Garden leftovers: 2 bites of leftover Chicken Fettucini entrée, 1 bite of a breadstick, and 1 tsp of butter *300 calories

8:00 p.m. - Olive Garden Leftovers: 1 1/2 breadsticks, 1/4 cup fettucini alfredo, and 1 tbsp butter *800 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,415

Cardio Accomplished : 60 minutes interval training

Caloric Deficit Today: -777

Hunger Level Today : Too busy with my little man

Moment of Triumph : An hour of running/jogging!

Okay, so obviously I can never have Olive Garden left-overs in the house. Ahhh...the human condition certainly is weak, isn't it So anyways, at least that was the end of it...and thankfully I didn't go too overboard.

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-03-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #11  
All That's Left of Me

Thumbs up A Pretty Okay Day, Gosh I'm Sore!

Okay, so while I'm on here I might as well post my log from today, as I am done eating until tomorrow. Wish I could say I managed to eat my veggies today, but alas...

10/03/05

Morning Weigh-In: 175.8

9:15 a.m. - 1 harvest bar *250 calories

11:45 p.m. - 1 brownie *210 calories

1:50 p.m. - 1 oz. deli roast beef *60 calories

4:45 p.m. - 5 small sugar cookies, and 2 oz deli roast beef *120 calories

6:30 p.m. - 4 oz. skinless chicken breast, 1/8 cup marinara, 2 oz mozzerella, and 8 small potato wedges *595 calories

Total Calories Today : 1,235

Cardio Accomplished : 30 minutes interval training

Any Weight Training : Upper Body

Caloric Deficit Today: -948

Hunger Level Today : Okay all day long, not too hungry. Then came night, and the hunger moved in (hence the higher calorie portion at dinner).

Moment of Triumph : Only eating one brownie in the workroom at Jobe's school. It may not sound like much, but you should have seen the spread they had going. I could have gorged myself!

Well, at least I was close to my calorie goal (went over by 35). I did a lot of volunteer work today at Jobe's school, so the temptation was great. The back table in the workroom (where I was working) was full of doughnuts, cookies, cake, and brownies...all home made, and still warm! I am quite proud of myself that I only had 1 brownie, however naughty it may have been Anyways, I gotta start getting in my veggies. I went grocery shopping today and stocked up on lots of whole foods, so we'll have to see if that helps.

Last edited by amandaholly; 10-03-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I just don't understand how 2 BITES of an entree, 1 BITE of a breadstick and a pat of butter is enough for a lunch?
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #13  
All That's Left of Me

Liz - It's not. But if I am craving something really bad then I will allow myself to have it...in moderation. Olive Garden is so fattening that that was all I could afford calorie wise. Was it worth it? At the time, yes...but in retrospect, no. Unfortunately, there's no take backs where food is involved. I have since come to the realization that I simply cannot have Olive Garden food in my house (especially when the cupboards are otherwise bare...as they were that day).

Old 10-04-2005, 07:15 AM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I am SO in the same boat with you when it comes to veggies! I have tried countless different kinds cooked many different ways, but I just can't find one that I like (excpet for broccoli, but only when drenched in some sort of super-creamy cheese sauce, which sort of defeats the purpose ).

The only thing I can suggest for veggies is maybe some sort of soup with veggies in it (I find they lose a lot of the actual veggie flavor and texture when drowned in broth). I also have found that I like salsa, which you can add to a lot of things (eggs, salads, sandwiches, meat...)--not many calories, but still at least more veggies than none! Of course, I'm a big wimp when it comes to anything even remotely spicy, so I have to have mild, but you can try different kinds till you find what you like

I was taking a liquid multivitamin to help make up for my lack of veggies, but when I ran out, I never bought more--I probably should, though

Can I ask you a question--why are you striving for only 1200 calories a day? They (experts?) say that 1200 should be the bare minimum you take in, and that if you are exercising, you should normally take in more. Maybe you could give yourself a range of say, 1200-1400 calories? Unless, of course, you have had a doctor tell you to stay at 1200, in which case, ignore me
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:21 AM   #15  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Amanda sounds like your are trying to make changes in your diet and lifestyle. The other girls are right for the calories if you make good food choices you won't be hungry . In fact most likely filling quite full. When you take your little one to play at McDonalds take yourself healthy food. He can eat the other stuff if that is what he wants that day but you don't have to. Make sure you add lots of variety to your intake that makes a world of differenc. Otherwise we get bored easily and off to eat something with high calories. I think if we want something that its okay to have in moderation. At home I have 1/2 cup bowls those are what I use for sweets or goodies. I know when its gone its okay and at least I had some. Otherwise I tend to overeat to make myself feel good and then feel awful later. Good luck to you eat more veggies and fruits. Add nuts to your diet also walnuts and almonds. Every change you make will help you to be one step closer to your goal. Do you journal your intakes? I find counting calories the best way to lose wt. as you can have pretty much whatever you want but in the range of cals per day.After awhile you know there are better things to eat for your cals of the day and make some good healthy changes and the scale goes down. Losing slow is better for you and every lb. counts think of them as lbs. of butter.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote