Old 12-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #91  
All That's Left of Me

Yep, my fiancee broke up with me on my birthday while we were in the middle of doing something...you can guess what. I have never felt more worthless than I do right now.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm having a pitty party. I'm just more heartsick than I thought I could possibly be. If I didn't have Jobe I would have no reason to live, and I would end it now...but alas, I have Jobe...so I can't be that selfish. I really don't know what I'm living for.
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #92  
Determined

Amanda - I'm going to totally step out on a limb here and talk about some stuff that is really none of my business. I don't post on this board a whole lot and I don't know a lot about you, so ignore anywhere I'm totally off base. I know deep down you know this and it's somewhat cliched, but please don't base your worth off what ONE man thinks of you.. You are a Mom, you are a student, you work and you have lost a lot of weight. None of those things are easy, and all are worthwhile. What he thinks is just that, what HE thinks. It doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it the truth. And if you're talking about doing what I think you're talking about doing I would really question the integrity of a man who sleeps with a woman he is about to break it off with. That says a lot abour his character and absolutely nothing about you. I think I remember you saying you had Jobe really young and it's been a while since you had a relationship. I had my son when I was 19 and his father was a cheater and became abusive. I found that in the relationships that followed things were too volatile and I felt too emotional over things because I hadn't resolved the issues I had with my son's father. We ended up having a long and unpleasant divorce and it wasn't smart of me to think I could get over it without any help. I hope you find someone you can trust to talk to and have clearly defined your own sense of self worth. That said I know break ups suck and they hurt and I'm sorry you're having to go through one especially on your birthday. Good luck girl!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #93  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

I've found the old adage to be true: "Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." - Saint Augustine (?)

It sounds like you have a lot of love in your heart; it'll find a place.
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #94  

paperclippy
I noticed that you met your goal of 55lbs.
I need to loose this much. Any advice for me? How did you do it?
Thank you
Christine
heppy1913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #95  
All That's Left of Me

Thanks gals! Well, I'm finally done with the semester...and I'm back. I will begin journaling my food intake and exercise (or lack there of) tomorrow. I appreciate the support. What can I say...you gals are all I have
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:48 PM   #96  

Hola ladies! I just wanted to share the website that I tend to use for fast foods....it doesnt have everything of course but typically what I cant find on the resturant website, I can find at this one. http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp#F
Hopefully it helps someone.....

Amanda, you are obviously heartbroken right now....but I know that in a few weeks or months, you will look back and know that you deserve better then someone that would sleep with you while breaking up with you....absolutely a "man move" if you ask me. You are better then that, and your son is better then that, you both deserve top notch men in your life. Not only for you, but also for a role model for your son. Hope I wasnt out of line....those are my two cents (not always wanted, but I mean well)

Ciao Chicas! Hope you like the website!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote