Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation Lean & Mean - Core Board Fifteen!

Okay - let 'er rip!

Frouf

P.S.. Lisa missed your post on the other board - CONGRATS on a loss! it's in the right direction. And I do hope your dh is okay - how scary that must have been! Hope he can get some medical attention asap...did your van survive?

Last edited by Froufy; 04-20-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #2  

All right, pizza party here at my house!

I'm so serious - if you all were closer, I'd be heading out to Pizza Hut right now. TOM is ugly this time, and I need all the "medicine" (food), I can.

W/out getting too graphic, I've got a Mirena IUD, that usually makes TOM really, really light. However, it's gotten shorter and shorter in between too. This time was 23 days!!! And it's not nearly as light this time, which maybe explains the killer hormones on the fateful Pasta Salad day.

Blah, sometimes I think being a man would be nice.

Still haven't fed the kids - I was busy dealing with my laundry. I think my dryer is good and broken now. It keeps quitting halfway through the cycle - this time it only managed to get the damp clothes warm before giving up. It's rather unfortunate timing, since I just spent my new dryer money on my orthotics. Oh well, I've got a clothesline, and my Mom's dryer just a minute away. I can limp through the summer months just fine.

Man, I need some pizza.

Angela
Old 04-20-2005, 01:20 PM   #3  

Would you people stop it with the pizza! You're killing me over here. Actually, I have some pretty good leftovers--sausage polenta from the WW slow cooker book.

Sorry about your lunch, Froufy. Maybe the cat did it. Or maybe you should go around the office smelling breaths. I think I'd stick with the cat theory, personally.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:21 PM   #4  

Oops, I posted on the other thread by mistake.

Cher, enjoy your lunch. All that pizza talk is making me hungry too, and I just finished lunch. Pizza Hut thin and crispy pepperoni pizza is ONLY my favorite food in the whole world!

Angela, sorry about your dryer. Didn't Sears just repair it a few weeks ago? I thought most repairs were warranted for 90 days, with a year on the parts ... might be worth checking in to.

I'm feeling under the weather today and have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I'm really dreading it as I weighed less than 200 pounds last time I went to the doctor ... I'm sure he'll want to discuss how I happened to regain 90 pounds in less than a year. How depressing! Sometimes I really feel like giving in and choosing an easy way out ... like gastric bypass surgery. I mean, I know it's not really an easy way out but it IS a quick fix and I just feel such a sense of urgency to lose this weight again and lose it NOW. Oh well ... enough of my whining. Time for me to "cowboy up", right? I've done it once not so very long ago so I should be able to do it all again. I need to remember your mantra, Vickie ... this is a marathon, not a sprint.

My eating still swings in wild extremes but I am exercising on the elliptical every day, thank goodness! I'll try to be thankful for the little things that I do right!

Thanks again to all of you for reminding me of how it SHOULD be done! Even I will learn one day!
Old 04-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #5  

I know what you mean about the doctor's office. Somehow it really brings it home when it's on your "official" chart. Actually, it was a visit to the doctor that sent me to WW in the first place. I was getting chest pains that turned out to be from acid reflux. (I originally typed "gas reflux." Must be the sausage.) Anyway, part of the reason that I was having acid problems was that my pants were too tight!
Old 04-20-2005, 02:31 PM   #6  

Regarding my dryer, the repair guy said that it was on it's last legs, and he couldn't do anything except replace the motor, which would cost essentially the same as a new dryer!! Yowza! So I thought I'd just let it die gracefully - you know, at it's natural time, rather than put it down early.

The repair guy was nice though - he cleaned it all out and gave me some tips on how to lengthen it's life, and then only charged us half the $$ he should have because he was 15 minutes late.

Angela
Old 04-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #7  
Athlete in Training

Default RE: The pizza party

Alright everyone, repeat after me.

Pizza Hut, yucky

Core pizza, yum!

POLENTA PIZZA CRUST
4 C. water
1 3/4 t. salt
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 C. whole-grain cornmeal
1. Combine water, salt, and oil in a 4-quart saucepan and bring to a full boil.
2. Pour cornmeal into boiling water, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
3. Turn heat down to medium-high and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 or 6 minutes. Mixture will thicken to the consistency of cooked oatmeal.
4. Pour cooked polenta onto a lightly oiled pizza pan or a rectangular baking pan, using the back of a large spoon to spread outward. The crust should be about 3/8" (about 1 cm) thick. Set aside. At this point the crust can be wrapped in plastic film and refrigerated if serving the next day. I like to stick under the broiler until slightly brown.
CORE PIZZA SAUCE
9 large Roma tomatoes (Italian plum tomatoes)
8 fresh basil leaves or 1/2 t. dried basil
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
5 cloves garlic, whole
3/4 t. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Whirl the sauce ingredients together in a food processor until pureed.
2. Spread generously over crust, covering the surface completely.
3. Refrigerate remaining sauce for future use.
CORE PIZZA TOPPINGS
Your choice of Core ingredients!
FF cheese
Canadian bacon
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 small zucchini squash, diced
6 or 7 button mushrooms, diced
1/4 to 1/2 small red onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sprinkle vegetables over the tomato sauce. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Broil pizza 3" (7.5 cm) from the broiler for 5 to 8 minutes.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

Sounds delish - almost as good as pizza hut???
Old 04-20-2005, 03:06 PM   #9  

Frouf- Hold on Pizza is on the way. My sister is coming to Canada in May to visit her son I will send the pizza with her.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:11 PM   #10  
Athlete in Training

Angela,

I'm sending lightweight vibes your way for your WI today. I hope you have a happy surprise despite the TOM blues.

Wear a skirt, and you know the secret. It seems to appease the scale.

Good luck!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:29 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
Frouf I'll send you some Nummy NJ Pizza ie pizza from a pizzaria you'll never crave the hut again!
The core pizza sounds good
While I'm not 100% core I'm thankfully back in control.
Dh has throat/nasal surgery on monday and can only eat soft foods So Since i won't cook for 1 I'm living on bocas and salad for dinner and Breakfast and lunch I'm always good at.
DH and I went to an abilities expo on Saturday (products/services for people who have disabilities) and I rode a bike for the first time EVER (not including my shiny red 2 wheeler with training wheels I had when I was 8 but never really rode) IT WAS SO COOL I rode 3 bikes! and DH is buying me one for my birthday! they're pedalled by your hands/arms it was so fun
THEN! I had this Ms WheelChair NY lady give me her card and tell me i should get involved in Pageants (My Greatest Desires are world Domination and a Pony) I think I'll skip that one and I'm don't use a chair that often I got told I had the perfect Butt by the guy who was mearsuring me for my bike. and the coolest thing
Mind you I loved the butt comment was that the same guy said have you ever thought about being an athelete. This just tickled me b/c I've never even been presented with the option before! So I'm all atwitter!
and I think thats been fueling my healthier eating we'll see what happens but I'm all excited!
Angela I bet your Pasta Salad was great BETTER THAN HARDEES
Vickie I read your post the other day about the new sizes WOOHOOO you are amazing and inspiring!
Terry I'm all about the skirt on WI day
I'm goign to rejoin WW in a month we have functions every weekend until then
bbl and I won't be a stranger I'm rededicating myself and Posting helps keep me OP!
Old 04-20-2005, 04:11 PM   #12  

Hmmm, in my current ... condition ... I think a skirt sans you know what might not be my best wardrobe choice!!

But I am going to remove my watch, cut my fingernails, brush my teeth and hair, and anything else I can do to shed any extra weight before I go!!!

Angela
Old 04-20-2005, 08:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Well, good luck Angela! I agree you should keep your drawers on!

I just got rid of my jelly beans ... yes, I had more after work today until I finally said ENOUGH! and put the jar under the cabinet far away from eyesight ... but anyway I did the Gazelle for 32 minutes which was 1.85 miles and 224 calories. That should take care of those pesky little devils!

I'm off to watch TV for the evening.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:44 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

PT was brutal today. Now my elbow AND my neck hurt! Besides....I have this irrational craving for pizza.....I just don't understand why I'm craving pizza!

I'll post more in the morning.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:56 PM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

Okay kathy - you know you asked for it:

BACK AWAY FROM THE JELLYBEANS!

Did you guys know that I have a candy dish on my desk FULL OF JELLYBEANS? and I encourage all work colleagues/visitors to partake? Everyone knows where to come when they need a little sugar fix. As a test of my willpower and determination - I make sure NO JELLYBEAN passes my lips. I don't really like them that much anyways and figure if I do break down there are worse things I could eat (had to stop filling my candy dish w/chocolate kisses or other yummy stuff as I ate most of it myself!). There have been times when I have looked at the dish, esp when stressed, wanting to pop one in my mouth - but I know one would lead to two...etc, etc.

Glad you were able to do damage control on the gazelle!

Angela - how did you make out at weigh in? Remember TOM is just temporary and everything will eventually right itself!

Deborah - how was the dr's appt? Hope it was not too stressful and I"m sure you had some good news to share!

Kierie - I am IMPRESSED - a pageant queen, an athlete and a perfect butt - what more could a girl ask for? I think an athletic beauty queen riding her brand new bike might be something to aspire too! (and I agree with the "world domination" theme - don't you just think that "world peace" thing has been done to death???

Ate too much food at dinner - but nothing too damaging (i think?). Everyone was having these honking big ice cream/drumsticks covered in nuts/chocolate w/big fudgy centres - so even tho I was full from dinner I hauled out my WW cookies & cream bar and ate along w/the rest of them! then a bit later had a few handfuls of ff chips while watching tv - not too bad - but I bet the salt will add some unwanted weight - need to up the water tomorrow!

Therapist appt was interesting as she really tried to get dh to "commit" to doing something (like changing maybe??? hint, hint) as the current situation was not working - and was he happy w/the way things were or did he think something had to be done?? (well duh). He actually wavered a bit - and finally (like at the end of the hour) said that he agreed we needed to work together as a team. I explained his short temper and bad history w/dd and told her how dd wants nothing to do with him, so he will need to work extra hard and let things slide off his back as she will most likely not accept his advances (if any?). I think he has a lot of work to do and may not be up to the challenge - we go back in 2 weeks and I think she is expecting some "good news" so we'll see how it goes! I shall try and remain optimistic, at least in the short term!

Now all this talk of pizza - and it's actually coming true! We have another team building day this Friday and my supervisor who is so happy with all of us, has told us that she will be buying pizza for lunch for all of us this Friday! Of course most everyone was thrilled - but my dilemma is do I partake as part of the group? maybe only 1 slice? (i know there will at least be some vegetarian pizza)....say "no thanks"? My idea is to maybe bring along a salad (don't want to order one as it would be awkward to pay for it?) from home, and add a slice of veggie pizza (and someone even wants no cheese on their so this might be a good option for me too? altho i can't imagine pizza without cheese?)

Any suggestions/comments greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Frouf

P.S. Hey Vickie - come join us for lunch! if you can't I would suggest heading over to NJ - I hear they have some awesome pies there

Last edited by Froufy; 04-20-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Closed Thread