Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:38 PM   #16  

Well, surprise of all surprises, I stayed the same this week. I really was thinking I'd gain, big time. Guess it hasn't caught up with me yet. I'm going to be sure to be really good this week, so I don't blow this chance I got! Only 2 more weeks till Lifetime, I think!!

Frouf, glad to hear dh said he'd be willing to change some things. Hope he follows through... Also, I think that one slice of veggie pizza probably wouldn't hurt - I like the salad from home idea. Then you can eat it first and fill up, so one slice won't be so difficult.

I've got preschool again tomorrow. We're going "fishing" with dowels, yarn and magnets (and paper fish with paper clips on their noses), and we're gluing colored shapes on to paper, and we're acting out stories, and playing dress up... I've got all kinds of fun activities planned. One really nice thing about this program is that the lesson plans are spelled out down to the last minute, so I don't have to come up with anything of my own unless I want to. It's hard enough dealing with them all when they're here! And they're really good kids - I can't imagine if we had any trouble kids in the bunch. I think next year I'm going to suggest a smaller group.

Anyway... my sink is shiny, I'm snacking on an apple, and I'm getting ready to go to bed. I'm officially back on the wagon!!

Nighty-nite!
Angela
Old 04-21-2005, 08:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Think I need two cups this morning. Was 84 degrees here yesterday and that made it about 80 in the house. Slept with all the window open and in the middle of the night heard some strange noises. Half asleep and couldn't figure out what was going on. DH though it was cats fighting or something; I had visions of opossum or something being dragged into the woods. Really weird scary sounds. Anyway.......................

Congrats Mercee and Terry on your losses!

Angela - glad to see you joined be back on the wagon. Almost lifetime? You go girl.
:

Vickie - how are you feeling today? How's that elbow and neck?

Linda - hope work is easing up now that we're past hump day

Vickie - How's that cut and color holding up?

Mercee - way to go at curves keep up the good work.

Hi to everyone else

Lisa
Old 04-21-2005, 09:30 AM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning All! I'm ok...that's the best I can say. I'm not in any more pain than yesterday but I really don't feel much better. I'm trying to be optimistic. Physical Therapist thinks my neck might be causing my elbow problems. I don't think so since my neck didn't hurt until she started messing with it......but she's supposed to be the expert. My right elbow is the problem and now she has the left side of my neck hurting. At least I go back on Friday so we can readjust (no pun intended!). I really don't want her to work on my neck when the Ortho diagnosed my elbow. But her orders say "evaluate and treat" so that is what she is doing. The problem is that "tennis elbow" doesn't usually happen with an acute injury; it's normally from repetitive motion. That's why I think she thinks it's partially due to my neck. Oh brother.....I don't want to think about it anymore until I have to do my lovely exercises.

All this and my TOM. Jim doesn't know what to do with me. I'm not sure what weigh in will be but if it's a gain, I'm not going to worry about it.

Deborah, I hope your Doctor's appointment wasn't too stressful and that you are feeling better by now. I have definitely been in your shoes and it's not comfortable. With all the upheaval you have in your life right now, I'm sure the Doctor will understand. I bet they will think that the Core plan sounds wonderful. My Doctor was beside himself with happiness when I described it to him. I've decided that I will NOT have GP surgery. I heard too many scary stories about the surgery and life beyond. As far as the motivation....I know that you know that you will do this when you are ready. Maybe the visit with the Doctor can be your starting point. I can tell that you are a very strong woman. We are here to help with whatever we can.

Terry, very funny post. I've printed the Core pizza and just might give it a whirl. Jim is a pizza expert so I may just end up eating this myself for luches. Have you made this recipe yet?

Kierie, it is great to hear from you! Sounds like you had an amazing day. I haven't ridden a bike for about 35 years but I used to LOVE the feeling. My Hubby never rode a bike and isn't likely to learn so I'd have to ride alone if I started again. I feel really motivated by the enthusiasm of your post. We welcome you back and wish you good luck on your rededication!

Kath, I really think that Gazelle is going to make a difference for you (that and no cokes, beer, and jellybeans!). I'm guessing you'll be at your goal by Memorial Day.

Frouf, I admire your self restraint. I could not have ANY candy on my desk. About the only thing I wouldn't eat would be black licorice. Any other candy, I would eat. Sad, but it doesn't even need to be something I like. Poor Frouf. DH just doesn't get it, does he? Sounds like the Therapist might be on to him/the problem. Keep being honest with her. It's the only thing that might help. Who knows....maybe he'll have a huge breakthrough and the guy you fell in love with will return. That's what I wish for you. As far as the pizza, I'd have one piece and order the salad. If you feel like you have to pay for it yourself then do so, but I wouldn't partake in the whole fest. Don't they all know you are doing this now? Sheesh.

Angela, great job on your weigh in. I have every confidence that you will be lifetime in two weeks. I'm thinking you are so active that you can get away with a little extra eating. Your pre-school program sounds very, very, impressive. If I had a child, I'd try to get them involved in your program. I'd like to fish, especially with fake fish!

Lisa, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Hope you're not to tired from all the midnight disturbances.

Well, today is Great Niece's 4th birthday so I need to go and get ready for the day. The next few days are very busy for me and as usual, I'm behind. Thank God I don't have to work. Tonight is dinner at my Great Niece's favorite Pizza restaurant after my weigh in. I'll be having a salad with a broiled chicken breast. You know we have the BEST pizza in Chicago. We should have pizza party here!

Need to go eat breakfast and treadmill. I'm still watching season 1 of 24. OMG, so many twists and turns. I don't know how many shows are left. It's actually making me look forward to getting on the treadmill!

Probably can't check in until much later tonight. Have a great day!

Last edited by Vickie; 04-21-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:23 AM   #19  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wink Good Thursday Morning!

Well at least it's sunny outside but I am feeling a bit gloomy today??? Now remember my issue w/sleep and being tired? The past couple of nights have been bad ones for me and I can only believe that as mentioned this really does affect my mood!!! Anyone else notice this? It is pretty subtle but last night fell asleep around 11 and dh woke me up after midnight to tell me the 18 yr old was not home yet....and his cell phone was at home and not on him! So now I am lying there trying not to freak out imagining the worst possible scenarios while getting back to sleep. Luckily heard the front door about 15 mins later so that calmed me down.

Still slept fitfully, lots of tossing and turning and the night before had trouble falling asleep and was up at 5:45am - so I think all this lack of sleep makes me feel down!

Vickie - so I guess the goal is to make your neck hurt so your elbow doesn't feel so bad? I am so sorry you are in pain and I know I too would be questioning the neck issue when that is not why you're there? Hang in for a while and see how you feel - but if it's not getting better can you see anohter PT? or get a second opinion?

Good luck w/your fun day and non-pizza party! I also hate black licorice by the way, but love those red twizzlers!

Just found out my all day (pizza lunch) meeting is not even in this building tomorrow so I am a bit panicked (have all my "snacks" here and a fridge and my coffee maker, etc). If in another buildng will have to bring along core snacks or try the cafetaria there (might have fruit salad?), and bring an ice pack if I'm bringing salad and dressing - what a bummer!

Kathy - how goes the jellybean battle? Hope the rolling pin didn't hurt too much

Angela - way to go on staying the same - this actually means you lost weight but it is being "hidden" by TOM and I suspect there is a loss for you, waiting in the wings once things get back to normal! Good luck w/the kiddies - sounds like great fun!

Lisa - feel free to send that warmer weather here! Nice today but cooler- yes I brought my runners/walkman and fleece jacket and will walk at lunchtime. Do you have central air? We have found our house stuffy at night lately but have not turned air on and dh hates sleeping w/windows open (probably cuz he's scared he will hear all those strange, scary noises). and don't you find all those noises sound so much scarier in the dark when you're half awake than during the day?

Come in Deborah! Waiting to hear about the dr's appt and how happy he is with you for eating core!

Have lots of work to do today but feeling kinda unmotivated so my desk is piling up...UGH!

Good new is I FINALLY heard from dd's potential therapist and have set up a meeting for next wed!! I am so happy that we can finally get things started!

Time for my 2nd cup of coffee! (decaf of course!)

Later,
Frouf
Old 04-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

I'm alive and well after last night's JB encounter! Scale was down a pound this morning so I feel a little better. I have to get rid of them all! The weird part (about me, anyway) is that I don't like chocolate and we have a huge bowl of kisses sitting out right by the jelly beans. I know most people would go for the chocolate but I can seriously take it or leave it, so I've been leaving it. I think it's because it feels like mud in my mouth. Okay, not that I've ever eaten mud, but you know.

I'm wearing a new shirt today and that always elevates my mood. I was in a funk this morning but managed to resist the temptation getting a coke on the way to work. DH drank all the root beer and forgot to get more when he went to the store last night. But hey, at least he went! I usually do it all but I had to leave work early to pick Zuki up from the dr. -- to the tune of $175 for x-rays and medicine, then go home to watch him. I emailed DH a grocery list and just told him to do it. Dangerous, I know, because he came home with some of the oddest things ... "I thought we might need some bath soap, so I got some." (Me: "Um, no, we have plenty.") ... "These mini muffins looked pretty good." ... "I wanted Ranch Style beans with my dinner." ... and on and on.

They think I should do some work now, I guess I will. Bossy people!!
Old 04-21-2005, 10:53 AM   #21  

Kathy - my scale was down a lb. this morning also. Back to 159.5. Why can't it be that on a WI day? Wasn't it you that said we should stop riding the scale? The week I lost the most weight,was the week my scale was all screwy from the humidity. So..... when do you want to stop riding the scale? how about we try to stay off of it until Sunday?

Lisa
Old 04-21-2005, 11:04 AM   #22  

UGH! A scale challenge???

Oh, okay. I will try! I said TRY! Actually if I can get to Sunday, I can get to Monday which would be my weigh-in day.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #23  
Melissa

hey all...
I know that I am never on this thread, its because I just can't keep up with you all while you post at work. But I do lurk around and read your posts so that I can keep up.
I'm home sick today. I think I have a 24 hours bug or something. Everytime I try to get up and do something I feel like I'm going to throw up. I was dressed and going out the door to work when I decided I just couldn't handle it. I also have a very low tolerance for stomach pain. Maybe I am paying penance for my bad eating this week. I won't be eating very core today, but my guess is that I won't be eating much at all anyway. I am excited for a reason to drink "real" Coke (sorry Kathy! )

Lisa--I am a scale rider too. Although sometimes I think that it helps me to monitor how much and what I am eating. Of course the problem comes when I retain water (which I do very easily) and then I get depressed.
Frouf--Hope that you will be able to sleep tonight. I think not being able to sleep when you are exhausted is just one of the worst feelings.
Vickie--I'm sorry you are having a time with pt. It is a terrible thing, I think (except for when it works I guess). I have only had it once, for my back, and enjoyed several weeks of traction. Didn't help at all.
Angela--Congrats on no gain!

Well dh is back from the grocery with some food and coke for me. I'll stop back by later.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #24  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay how about a 1 week scale challenge starting Monday - after kathy's weigh-in?? I think we could all use a little "break" from those #'s that don't always read the way we want them to!

Congrats kathy & Lisa on getting back in control and having something (or less of something?) to show for it!

Melissa - sorry you are not feeling well - sounds pretty yucky. Eat what you can when you can and don't worry about your plan - focus on getting better!

Kathy - isn't it funny what the hubbies bring back when they're shopping? I usually get a zillion calls on my cell phone w/questions, pricing issues, ingredients etc..which makes me think I should have just gone myself!

Frouf
Old 04-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #25  

While I appreciate his help and willingness to shop ... I'm really surprised he didn't come home with a swingset, some hanging plants and new tires! You know Wal-Mart!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:40 AM   #26  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froufy
I usually get a zillion calls on my cell phone w/questions, pricing issues, ingredients etc..which makes me think I should have just gone myself!
I feel the same way when dh goes to the store. He is just never sure what to get. But he isn't prone to spontaneous purchases...he likes to stick to a list. I'm the one who comes home with everything under the sun that we don't need, especially if its on sale!!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:26 PM   #27  

I actually had to make myself start shopping strictly from a list because I'm a big impulse shopper too. I have weekly budgets for groceries and household items, and can only buy something if it fits in the budget and is on my list.

Gotta be hard on myself...

Preschool is done! Yippee!

Angela
Old 04-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #28  

Count me in for the scale challenge. Monday is fine with me., although I will have to go to WI Wed. morning; but i'll try to stay off my own scale.

Lisa
Old 04-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #29  
Athlete in Training

Hi all -

Melissa, hope you feel better soon. Nice to hear from you.

Vickie, PT shouldn't actually cause pain to the parts of you that were okay to begin with. Is it possible that someone did something wrong? Hope you get better soon too. No, I haven't tried the pizza recipe yet, but it sounds good. I'd add some ff cheese to it. (So many recipes, so little time.)

Angela - good news on the WI! Isn't it strange that we always think it's going to be worse than it is. Lifetime will soon be yours!

Kathy, there is nothing like wearing new clothes to brighten your spirits.
But, okay, you don't like chocolate???? How is this possible? Were you traumatized by a Hershey bar as a child? I can't imagine a world without chocolate. I'm one of those people who think the best thing you can do with a chocolate cake is add chocolate to it to make it a chocolate chocolate cake. Double fudge....Triple fudge.... And if mud does taste like chocolate, then I'm digging up the yard.

Froufy, the lunchtime walks are becoming a regular thing. . . you go girl!

Kierie - the perfect butt comment would have made me impossible to live with. "oh yes, it is perfect, isn't it?" Enjoy the bike. Springtime is just perfect for bike riding.

Scale challenge people. Just do it. Resist the magnetic forces drawing you toward the evil device. It wants to control you. It wants to decide how you feel about yourself. Take it one day at a time. You can do it. After all, you have a brain and can make decisions, it's just a hunk of metal and springs.

I'm having a pretty good day. I'm stopping at Trader Joe's tonight to pick up some ff cheeses and make those cheese crackers. I made some core hummus last night and I want to try some core snacks with it. Maybe some veggies too.

Peace.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:57 PM   #30  
Athlete in Training

Frouf,

Here's my two cents on your pizza party. Have a good breakfast that day so you're not starving at lunchtime. Bring your salad and dressing, or eat it just before the party, so you're less prone to filling up on pizza. Then enjoy a slice or two and count the points. If there's a pizza there without cheese, you might want to try it. I used to be a vegan (an extreme vegetarian), and I really enjoyed pizza without cheese. It tastes different, but it's good, and much lower in fat than it's gooey counterpart.

The hardest part for me is usually not the event itself, but afterward. I can be good in public, but if I feed like I deprived myself, I end up eating the wrong stuff later when no one is looking. If you're wired this way, then you'll want to make sure you have some tasty core snacks back at your desk so you can enjoy them after the party.

Good luck.
Closed Thread