Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 11:42 AM   #151  
Southside White Sox Fan

Morning! Angela, I've never seen the Time Machine and never will! I'm a 49 year old, scared of the dark, big baby. I don't see any scary, spooky, supernatural movies or read any of those books either! I have a way over the top overactive imagination. I saw Amityville Horror and the Exorcist when I was a kid and knew I could never watch these again. Jim even turns off the commericals for the scary movies on TV or I would never sleep at night! Hope you slept. Good thing you found enough clothes to get you started. I have to finish going through my closet. So far I already have 2 big bags of clothes to be donated. The 30/32's are all definitely going as are most of the 26/28's. Some of the cotton ones aren't too big and I'll use them to start out. Fun to go down sizes but expensive!

Linda, don't worry. You have mastered what was always broken in me. You are not giving up, which I believe means you will not let this get out of hand. You will battle over these last pounds and you will eventually succeed. As long as you don't just throw up your hands and walk away, I think you'll be ok.

Kathy, I love to read but have never read any of these books. Are they just "life" books? Nothing scary? Do they build on each other or can I just pick up your favorite one first to see if I like it? I never read any Debbie Macomber either. Sleep is wonderful, isn't it? You sound pretty perky today. I'm sure you're right about the 2 pounds. It's mostly bloat. You'll have a clearer picture tomorrow morning or maybe Monday morning since you still have the dinner out tonight. Just the fact that you are planning ahead probably means that you'll be pretty darn good. Size 8's are fabulous. I never got that small. I remember being thrilled with my size 10's. Right now, I'm thrilled with my tight 22/24's! Everything is relative. Have fun tonight.

Have a great Saturday everyone. No big plans for me. Just exercise and cooking!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #152  

Height: 5'7"

LOL, Vickie! I'm the biggest scaredy-cat in the world! They are NOT that kind. Here's a little page of reviews to the Jeanne Ray books:

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/cat...authorid=25010

As for the Debbie Macomber books, they are nice little fictional towns and stories, and although there are a few series, she has a whole lot of "stand alone" books or whatever you'd call them.

http://www.debbiemacomber.com/

They always make me smile. I have The Shop on Blossom Street right now. I crochet like a fiend and always wanted to knit but never have picked it up, so this subject is interesting to me. But there's always a feel-good message in her books as well.

I agree with the "fun to go down sizes but expensive" thing! I've been buying most of my transition sizes at Target and from ebay. (Sidebar: OMG, this is the sweetest thing I've ever seen! The eensy Chihuahua and the cat are curled up together in the cat's bed. I've never seen them do that! The cat is 17 pounds and the dog is 4, so it's quite a sight!!) Okay where was I? Oh ... yeah, I've been saying "yes" to every charitable organization who calls and says they're having a truck on our street, blah blah blah ... it seems like we've been cleaning out drawers and closets for months now. The girls don't outgrow their stuff, they just get tired of them. If it's good quality (which Erin only buys from Abercrombie, American Eagle, or Hollister) then I'll sell them on ebay and give the girls the money. At least they get a little return. Kate wears hand-me-downs from her friends, big ol' baggy shorts and rock band t-shirts. Those two are so opposite you'd never know they were sisters! One of Kate's friends murdered his dad last summer (a long story) and his mom cleaned out the boy's closet and gave all his stuff away to his friends -- since he'll be in prison for a very very very long time and definitely won't be needing it. It sorta creeps me out to see the stuff, but she wears it all the time.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #153  

I slept fairly well, in spite of the scary movie. I'm also a big baby when it comes to scary movies. I didn't know this one WAS scary, until we got in to it. It started out so nicely! I think dh tricked me in to it. He's always trying to get me to watch scary movies - no way!

I was freezing this morning though, and dh was snoring, and the two big dd's were in/on my bed, so I got up early. Today has been productive so far. I've got everything done today that I wanted to do, and it's only 11:10.

I should exercise, I should sew, I should do a lot of things, but I just want to snuggle up on the couch in a blanket with a good book and a huge bowl of popcorn (94% fat-free, of course!) Wonder which one will end up happening?

I've noticed since I've lost weight that I feel cold a lot more than I used to. I think my body fat was keeping me warm! Dh is one of those who thinks the furnace should be shut off in April and not turned back on till October. Brrr!

Looking forward to my yummy soup for lunch - I'm hungry.

Later!
Angela
Old 04-30-2005, 12:31 PM   #154  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wink

VAGUE MEANDERINGS FROM A FROUF'S MIND ON A DREARY SATURDAY MORNING

MEANDERING #1) So how neurotic can one be before getting weighed? Crazy enuf to go to the washroom right before the meeting - squeeze out every drop of pee possible, remove one's watch - then for good measure - remove the little string belt on the elastic waisted jog pants for good measure (like does that thing even weigh an ounce?)

MEANDERING #2) This rounding up and down that my leader does seems quite futile now in my opinion - if you look at my stats I was 200.5 3 weeks ago - today I was 200.6 (which to me indicates I have stayed the same for 3 weeks) however if you read the "inbetween" entries - I have lost .5, gained .5 then lost .5 again! Get the picture? Pretty weird if you ask me! So I am supposed to be happy cuz I lost 1/2 lb but I didn't really as last week I was 200.6 and this week I was 200.6 - go figure!

MEANDERING #3) Spoke about empowering beliefs - yes my hand shot right up there - is there something you did you thought was impossible, but you did it? Yes I said - my MBA....part-time was working fulltime.....and getting married....and selling/buying a house....and having a baby! Got 2 bravo stickers for that. Point she was making was we all were capable of getting to our goals - one of which was losing weight. Need to empower ourselves! I was so empowered I came home and promptly devoured 2 slices of pizza cuz I was so hungry!

MEANDERING #4) Did not go to sleep as early as intended - did sleep thru the night but was up at 6:30 am for an early morning bathroom call - then what the heck I was up! Went down at 7 am for breakfast and an early start to the day! Why the heck could I just not SLEEP IN - may try for a short nap now!

MEANDERING #5) I am very stressed out about tonight - I am one of those all or nothing people - so given today's eating I don't want to go completely crazy - yet I do want to enjoy myself??? I also know once I have some demon liquor I will just let loose - part of me doesn't care ( yes froufie eat that scrumptious dessert and slather that bread w/butter - you deserve it you've had a rough week, heck a rough month - and don't forget to finish your wine!) and the other part of me wants to be "good" ( oh dearest froufie - don't eat those bad carbs and sugar - you don't want to poison your body and get fat again do you? You should eat that fruit platter instead and pass on the kir royale - even tho it is pink, your favorite color! You can splurge w/a decaf cappuccino instead! You'll feel so much better in the morning).

Hope everyone is having a wonderful relaxing weekend! Kathy - take care and hope you are feeling better. Angela - glad you found some clothes to wear on your skinny little body! Vickie - looks like I have already started "splurging" and I too can no longer watch any scary movies (altho I did when I was much younger!).

I hear the rain starting to fall - time for a little rest!

Later,

Frouf
Old 04-30-2005, 01:47 PM   #155  
Closed

Kathy-real quick I just wanted to tell you that I just got word about my coworkers husband (my dear friend) and he WAS diagnosed with MS....I just knew it....I feel sooo bad for him and her....my heart breaks. My boss just called me to tell me and I want to call them but I just don't have the courage to but I KNOW I have to.
I knew by all he was experiening that that is what it was. I am so sad....Just wanted to share that with ya.....Linda
Old 04-30-2005, 02:52 PM   #156  
Closed

Default Complete Food Book Question....

I am a bit perplexed.....a question to those of you who also have the CFC book....Page 17 under 'B' it states....Berries mixed 1Cup=1 pt - not checked for CORE...
YET!!!!!!!!!when I look them up individually they are ALL listed as CORE?????
I purchased a bag of frozen mixed berries...Straw, BLkBerry,Rasp, and Blueberry - separately they are CORE....page 17 says mixed berries not Core......good Lord somebody save me from this confusion... I was soooo looking forward to having my frozen fruit smoothie this evening.....
Thanks All...talk with you later....still kind of upset about my close coworkers husband ............but trying to plan our evening meal and treat....
Old 04-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #157  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, thanks for the links. I'm sure I'll like the Jeanne Ray ones. I'm having lunch with my Sister and BIL on Tuesday. After lunch we are going to the library because she wants me to get a library card so she can use it. My town's library has fabulous genealogy research that she can do online if she has my number. What are Sister's for! Anyway, I'll pick up one of her books and check it out! I wish I could have seen the cat and dog together. Mine hate each other no matter how hard I tried to get them together. I never thought about selling stuff on Ebay. Mine aren't that upscale. I think I'll see what the resale shops say. I think it's hysterical that your girls are so different. I hear that happens alot in families!

Angela, you are so active that you make me ashamed of myself. I think you deserve to just go have a little nap on the couch while your hubby is there to take care of the kids. Lord only knows that you don't get to do that during the week!

Frouf, you stayed the same! Woo Hoo! After the week you had....you should be very happy. You got all new points today and you don't do this very often. My advice would be to sample those things that are very appealing to you and pass on the others. If you end up really indulging that just do hard Core all week long until next Saturday. At least you won't have all the leftovers left in your house like after Passover. Maybe pass on the liquour if that is what releases your inhibitions? I know...what's the fun. You gotta remember I'm not much of a drinker anymore. Alcohol is the first thing I give up on a diet because I'd rather have food. Try to have fun.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:06 PM   #158  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I looked in my corrections to the CFC. WW didn't catch this error but it has to be an error. All fruit is Core, fresh or frozen, as long as there isn't any added sugar. Enjoy your smoothie.

I have a new favorite. Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate mix with 1 cup skim and 1/2 cup of frozen black cherries. Black Forest cake.......
Old 04-30-2005, 03:59 PM   #159  

Height: 5'7"

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry about your friend's DH! How old is he? Not to scare anyone, but usually the earlier you're diagnosed, the worse it is and it progresses quickly. By young, I mean 20s and 30s.

I was 41 when the prelim diagnosis was made -- which is where we still sit. Hopefully the brain MRI will either prove or disprove it. I do NOT want to have the spinal tap but if the MRI is inconclusive I will next have EEGs and then the tap. I've had the EEG and it hurt like a big SOB ... haven't done the tap but I hear it's no party.

I just planted some Zinnias in the big pots by the front door. DH and friend have gone to take down somebody's Christmas lights. Yes, I said Christmas lights. They put them up in November and this girl (coworker) has a perfectly good, healthy, big strapping hulk of a husband who won't take them back down. She finally convinced my DH to come back over and get them down. He said he is NOT putting them up for her next year because this year all she did was complain about it all. It's not like he does this for a living or anything! Ingrates, I tell ya!

When he gets back they want to go somewhere to watch the Mavericks and Rockets. I am NOT going out -- good grief, what if the disability people are watching me??? -- but in any event I just don't feel like it. I hear my mom's voice in the back of my head ... "if you're too sick to go to school, you're too sick to go to your friend's house." It sucks to have a conscience. I hope I can convince them to stay here and I'll even cook something for them, since the inlaw dinner was moved to tomorrow night.

I got the breakup story. He did come over, told her it wasn't working out, yada yada. She's okay though, which is a huge relief. He also apologized for telling her yesterday afternoon and making her worry about it all thru her work shift; he knew that wasn't good and felt bad. She had called him to ask why he wanted to come over at 10 at night, and he felt compelled to answer but in hindsight I think he wishes he had just made up a story and then told her last night. So maybe he isn't quite as much a twit as I first thought, but still a mini-twit because he's crazy if he thinks my baby isn't good enough for him. Oh whatever. Doesn't matter.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:22 PM   #160  
Closed

Kathy my coworkers (dear friend) is older than us... I believe 55....is that a good or bad thing??? She emailed me and is beside herself...something about med's @ 1800.00 a month....I am just so sad...he is so sweet...as IS she....my heart is so aching for both of them....I just knew it....I just knew it! I am at a loss for words for her but I'll email her tomorrow...I am just not good at this...I know one 'friend' who was diagnosed...and he is now walking with a cane and the eyesite is way off.
God Kathy, I am just so sad.....I pray that you are ok.....my heart goes out to you too, believe me....from my 'other' friend who left NY to live in AZ for the warmth.
I am sickened by this.....it is not good is it???
I am glad your DD is ok with things.. kids have resilients (sp?) God Bless them!! We all should......
I am kind of out of it right now and think I will use 4-6 of my Saturday points on a few drinks at home....
Hope everyone is ok......Linda
Old 04-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Okay, just caught up on the last few pages and I honestly cannot remember who said what? I think itj's my old age.

The Interpreter - saw that last weekend. Good movie! I just love Sean Penn.

Scary movies - I love them, but DH not real big fan and none of my friends will see them, so I must wait for them to come to video.

Kathy - hope you get some relief soon.

Frouf - been raining here since last night., think that's why I've been eating everything in sight. These "unsunshiney" days, just don't agree with me.

Angela ? - I too am always cold, I think it's my low blood pressure, but seems as though when I'm cold I feel the need to eat. I guess digesting food burns calories which warms you up??? I hope I wake up to sunshine tomorrow.

Ds's soccer game canceled due to rain. DD had dance from 10-3, preparing for the big "show"., thought I would get a break this summer, but turns out there are summer dance classes. Did not think this was a necessity, but other moms say, this is where they learn all their technique and is basis for where they are placed in the fall. This whole dance thing has turned out to be quite expensive. Between costumes, and program ads, videos and pictures................seems like every week I am dishing out more money. Going to check into the "food service" at school. They pay $11.50/hr. for part time. hours are 10-2 with summers off. Where else would I find a part time job with summers off?? Need to see if they can work around DS's kindergarten schedule or may have to wait until next year when he is at school all day.

Okay, so now I am rambling.

BBL
Lisa
Old 04-30-2005, 07:48 PM   #162  

Hi Everyone!

I had my second week weigh in this a.m. I lost 3 lbs, for a total of 9 lbs. I'm still loving Core. It seems my weakest days are on Th and Fri. though. UGH! I have already used 11 pts today. That is ok though. I am counting and moving on. I am still reeling about the missing Deluth, Ga woman who turned out to have cold feet. I am so sorry the family went through the turmoil, but at the same time, I am happy that it was just cold feet and not another kidnapped/murdered victim.

I hope you are all having a great weekend.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:17 PM   #163  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, sounds like your DH is a real good guy. Hope you all enjoy the game. Most of all, I hope you don't have to go through all those extensive tests. It's too bad they haven't figure out a way to definitively diagnose MS yet. I know from my work acquaintance that it's hard to live with for a million reasons but mostly because you never know what or when an episod will be triggered. Glad your DD is ok with the breakup. Only time...and a new BF will make it better.

Lisa, always good to hear from you. Glad you got to stop in. I'm sure it's very hard when your kids are at the ages where they are active and need to be transported everywhere.

Kendra, congratulations on your 3 pound loss! Even after 7 months and some quirkiness on the scale, I still love Core too. I heard about the "cold feet" Bride. Shame on her for putting her Fiance and her family through all that drama. The poor Fiance was being investigated! Sheesh!

I'm off to make applesauce and some pudding for dessert. See you all in the morning!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #164  

had my weigh in today and am up 2.6#. Had an exacerbation of IBS this week and have felt bloated the last 3 days. Continuing with Core for all of the other side benefits that I feel. Have 3 children and the oldest almost 30 whose husband just left her. They are out in Colorado. It is hard to deal with when your child is somewhere else and they call on the phone sobbing. She is doing WW, and is having good success and her outlook has improved.
Vivian
Old 04-30-2005, 08:58 PM   #165  
Southside White Sox Fan

Vivian, I'm sorry about your gain but very happy to hear that you are not giving up! Who wouldn't have a bout with IBS when you feel so stressed and helpless. Take good care of yourself. I'm sure you next weigh in will be better.
Closed Thread